So, I stopped watching SU about a year ago due to all the filler. When does the fucking filler end?

So, I stopped watching SU about a year ago due to all the filler. When does the fucking filler end?

Never. This "big season" is making us miss an exciting space adventure so Steven can do damage control with those townies.

This isn't an anime, moron. There is no filler. The series IS mostly inane bullshit.

Every time the fans want the SU plot to advance, they get given a filler episode about the townspeoples daily lives.

>plotfag fucks off
Good.

last year? Steven has gone on two round trips to space.

>Filler in an original IP

Oh look, it's time for another episode about a mute albino boy with the name of a vegetable who lives on a boat.

Can't wait for that family of people who just... cook fries. Or the Jamaicans who are just Jamaican.

If the only thing you're watching the show for is the overarching metaplot, I don't know why you're even bothering because you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's like watching Star Trek TNG and calling anything that isn't about the Borg "filler".

It's not a show about the history of the gems or whatever, it's a show about these characters and their interactions and adventures, if that doesn't interest you enough, just drop the show.

It is very much filler in every aspect, are you literally retarded????
SU is a story driven cartoon with an overarching plot so any pointless episode they come up with that has no impact or made solely to pad out the season is FILLER.
Wow.

Never.

It's a show about the Gems though. Nobody watches the show for the side characters. Hell, people don't watch for fucking Steven because he is a stand in for the audience.

The Mrs. Plinkett rant thing that was posted the other day brought up a really good point

Sugar and her crew are so "subversive" of other cartoons that they even subvert having a fucking plot.
They're like "Heheh, our viewers think something will happen. Well jokes on them, we subverted it! We will do nothing for 100 episodes!"
Like, every god damned Townie episode is a purposeful waste of time in order to be oh so subversive

It doesn't. It's part of their agenda to push in useless "townie" episodes because they want it to be a comfy story about a kid in a sleepy beach town.
I really wish they just made two separate shows, because some of us are only watching for the sci-fi/magic aspect.

it all boils down to "I want a plot, but Rebecca wants to take her fucking time"

"Taking her time" implies that she's carefully planning something
She's not
She's just way too much of an anime nerd and just wants to do SOL shit

Steven Universe is not a plot-driven show

Your disinterest in anything that doesn't directly progress the show's mediocre-at-best overarching plot doesn't make the material filler

The only point you're really making is that you're an autistic little twat

SU isn't like other shows where things happen. SU is subversive by being a show where nothing happens.

>Steven Universe is not a plot-driven show
Yeah, youre retarded lol. Not wasting my time on you any more.

Do you think Steven's tits hurt him so much when they bounce that he has to wear a bra?

Watch from "Steven's Dream" until "Storm in the Room"
then skip to "Room for Ruby" and watch until "Lars' Head"

congratulations
you are now caught-up on all the plot development

Most likely.

I think a lot of people miss the point of SU where they think it's supposed to be a plot driven sci-fi, when it's really meant to be a SoL show *about* the protagonist of a plot driven sci-fi. So while we see the parts of Steven's life that pertain to being that protagonist, and those are important parts of his life, they're ultimately just pieces of the whole that the show's really about. The show didn't even have a plot, so to speak, until Lapis showed up. Now granted that's nothing to say about people's opinion on how the the quality of the SoL episodes, but I feel it's an important distinction.