Gender politics

>Gender politics
>Gay robots
Can IDW Transformers be salvaged?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.tfw2005.com/2017/07/21/unicron-coming-idw-idw-sdcc-2017-panel-roundup-345225
seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-legends-comic-43-featuring-trypticon-translated-into-english/39361/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They aren't gay though. And why did you post the Optimus Prime cover? Its Lost Light you're reeeeing about.

Only with a new crop of writers.

Why don't they just up and reboot the Transformers comics already into a new, streamlined series? As far as I can tell the shits been going on forever and is convoluted as hell for new readers to get into

they can bring back hooker starscream

They're waiting for Unicron.
The current series will end on issue 23, which will give them a total of 80 issues when combined with their predecessors, same as Marvel UK.

Blame the retarded chart.

>complaining about gay robots when Starscream has been around since the original series

makes you think about what a race of all male robots did in their free time

Reboots irk any fanbase
For as stupid as Marvel's been getting people will say a reboot is only a cheap last resort

Transfomers was great before they went to earth. They got exposed to all the degeneracy during their stay.

Marvel UK TF had over 300 issues.

How are their Transformers comics outside of the G1 stuff?

Better.

Kill eachother and raze any planet they set foot on to the ground?

they're not male
they're unigender

Can anyone list what's wrong and right with IDW Transformers?

>What's wrong
They aren't stopping Robert's autism when it gets out of hand
>What's right
Everything else, but that's just me. I should also mention I'm only reading OP and LL.

Why are there always retards who want anything that's been going on for longer than year to reboot?

Wishful thinking? Everyone says the next crossover in spring will lead to a reboot. Better not.

Because they say it's too hard despite the fact if there was a reboot they still wouldn't fucking read it.

That's probably what annoys me the most about this attitude. They read it for an issue or two at the most, decide they still don't like it, and then drop it anyway while the publisher is left with a bunch of fans angry at a reboot that washed away everything they'd been invested in for years.

Shut up Boco

That's still pretty homosexual

Which is exactly why IDW will never reboot Transformers until sales literally hit zero.

G1 fans are the most unpleaseable cunts in existence, it doesn't matter what IDW does they will NEVER like it so it's pointless to even try and do something that they'd like.

Yes sir...

Do Geewunners still exist?
The show ended decades ago, Beast Wars is old enough to be considered nostalgic, and even Raksha moved on

You know that they have ran out of ideas because they are doing Unicron now, even though in the past they specifically made it a point to never bring him up.

>Do Geewunners still exist?

Oh yes. Except all of them gave up on fiction and have since gone toy only and are now screeching about every toy that doesn't look exactly like how it look in he the cartoon.

Only a few stubborn ones still cry about the fiction.

They've literally mentioned "Primus' opposite" several times.

transformer femboys and futaformers when????

The Hasbroverse is failing spectacularly and nobody gives a shit about their forced events and crossovers so they are now doing the normie-fave event character because that's the only thing you ever hear from geeks who know nothing about Transformers when they talk about Transformers (is Unicron in this? What does Unicron do? Are they going to do Unicron?).

After it fucks shit up they're 100% going to do a relaunch like how they did after Chaos and All Hail Megatron.

Whats gonna happen to the other Hasbro comics?

geewunner here. i liked IDW comics before the gay robots.

>i liked IDW comics before the gay robots.

Sure you did buddy.

There are no gay robots so it's good to hear you're still enjoying them.

Is it tying into the dead universe? Because that was always clearly some sort of Unicron... thing.

No, thats gone for good. Hopefully.

Well then this is stupid. What little deep background lore they were building and hinting at is just being discarded to make it more familiar? I haven't read since Combiner Wars. I just fell out of a lot of comics, despite liking the content.

What? user, as mentioned, they've been building to Unicron for ages. They've talked about "Primus' opposite" and RiD #10 was one big Unicron tease. Him having nothing to do with the Dead Universe isn't lore being "discarded," it's them not having everything revolve around one fucking thing.

Is Unicron confirmed? Not in universe but by idw saying they're gonna bring him up? God it'll probably be a nightmare of cross overs.

They finished the Dead Universe. It got explained, was used, and thoroughly destroyed. Its story is over. It wasn't discarded, it was closed.

Whatever background Unicron has, it'll be separate.

>Starting in 2018, Unicron will get his own book from IDW. We’d wager this will be a series that leads into a major crossover event – one that will certainly run through the Transformers books, and depending on how Unicron is brought to bear, it might just affect the rest of the Hasbro universe IDW has been building.

news.tfw2005.com/2017/07/21/unicron-coming-idw-idw-sdcc-2017-panel-roundup-345225

Yes.

Gender politics in Transformers is fucking stupid

Good thing there is none.

I expect they'll do at least relaunches of Rom and GI Joe, probably with a new writer and "style" on the latter. Visionaries, Micronauts, MASK... they might just end up in the background.

I wish they had slowly put more Hasbro properties in the IDWverse. They just dumped everything in there all at once.

Thanks. I wonder if they will try to pull a ''shocking'' death.

They better not scrap all of ROM's history. It'd be such a waste.

Lost light?

Micronauts is the one that Hasbro's putting the most work into right now, with the upcoming cartoon and all, so I don't see them going anywhere.

Why do you believe that lying to us will work when you can't even fool yourself?

A robot can't engage in gender politics. Especially retarded special snowflake fuck up ones.

Yes, it can be saved. Fire the current creators and editor. Reboot everything. Pick up where the old cartoon ended since that all anyone really wants and leave the politics the frack out of the comics.

I've never seen a homosexual robot.
Retard.

t. Geewunner who thinks he speaks for everyone.

Reminder that unless you are or were buying Transformers comics, you have no right to complain.

I hope Lost Light is not involved, only because Roberts will fuck it up.

ROM was actually doing good last time I checked (good for an IDW title at least) but I'm sure forcing Micronauts (which was only interesting when they were in the Microverse) into ROM is going to kill it. They should let Gage do his own thing.

GI Joe shouldn't have been given to Aubrey, the beginning was alright but then he just dragged on and it's boring, as always whatever little we got of Cobra and Skywarp is the most interesting stuff in that title and that's pretty fucking unacceptable for GI Joe.

Outside from that Action Man was good but no one gave a fuck, if they ever make more Wreckers stuff or they need to put a human in something I hope he's there. I like his relationship with Kup and him alongside Marissa and Verity are the only humans who I can stand in the Transformers stories.

Speaking of humans just fucking end Spike already.

Visionaries, MASK, and Micronauts, no one is going to give a fuck about them the way they are being handled right now.

Only crossover that I'm liking right now is Rom vs Transformers, and since it takes place in the past and it's its own mini it's not intrusive and easy to follow.

Space robo rednecks

Gender Politics is ok in stories about aliens just not humans because a certain website showed how fucking entitled and agenda-pushy the people who are into this stuff are.

That's still giving them a pinky finger.

They'll take your whole arm and shriek that you are still privileged while beating you with said arm

>ROM was actually doing good last time I checked (good for an IDW title at least) but I'm sure forcing Micronauts (which was only interesting when they were in the Microverse) into ROM is going to kill it. They should let Gage do his own thing.

Preaching to the converted, bro...

I'm still pissed about ROM and the Micronauts thing, hopefully Gage makes it work out.

If he doesn't I won't blame him tho.

We can only hope it lasts until the next crossover, then the lineup will get "reshuffled" again.

Marvel is probably salivating at the thought of Hasbro's plans dying to the point that they're desperate enough to give Marvel the righs to ROM.

But then we would have Bendis on ROM (not joking, Alonso said if they ever have ROM that Bendis wold have dibs) and Gunn directing an MCU ROM movie.

Won't happen unless Disney buys Hasbro or they somehow fuck Hasbro enough to sell them ROM.

A lot of people have a chubbie form Marvel ROM, fucking wish I could finish reading it tho.

Probably cycle them over int featuring a single Micronaut in ROM most of the time. But it'll take an arc or two to get there.

Did you watch the Romtrospective?

>They've literally mentioned "Primus' opposite" several times.

Yes, and they always did some cop-out to specifically not mention Unicron by name. I think they told the whole Primus legend thing once only anyway, in the Annual where Cyclonus retells the creation story, and the gay video bot says "this is gold, I never heard this version before" just when the story is about to mention Primus's opposite.

And it was great that they are not bringing up Unicron because before that, they had every single TF continuity building up to some big Unicron fight. They laid out a basic plot about who are the good and bad guys, and just as the good guys win, some Furmanism is mentioned and bam reveal a secret cult or some manipulation that leads to Unicron.

So basically it got fucking boring. As fucking boring as how they quote the 1985 movie every single time something big happens. I laughed so much when Galvatron quoted the "one shall stand one shall fall" line, and then Optimus just goes "no fucking clichés" and beheads him.

>Did you watch the Romtrospective?
I can't stand Linkara that much, but I guess I will have to power through it if I want to know how it ends.

I wish Marvel and Hasbro can make nice enough for the comic to be available for reading.

>Gay robots
Seriously tho, wether the robots are gay or not don't fucking matter, its shipping bait for the long established robot fucker part of the fandom who due to lack of titty robots thought a boy was fine too

So I've been watching the G1 cartoons again recently and... where exactly did the idea come from that transformers are genderless or asexual or that they need a convoluted reason to have genders and romance?

It's said right there in the show "female autobots". They're shown to be romantically interested in and to be of romantic interest the male transformers. Orion and Ariel are explicitly said to be boyfriend and girlfriend. There's no ambiguity. Why did this ever become an issue?

Furman made it an issue, and people who are more into the comics than the cartoons latched onto it. And then autists fanned the flames because "GENDER DOESN'T MAKE SENSE FOR ROBOTS"

Furman. He wrote that they were genderless in the marvel comic, despite them using male pronouns. Same shit in IDW in Arcee's sporlight issue. Furman can't into gender.

originally transformers were in the territory of "nobody fucking cares but hire man voices because thats cooler" until one of the writers had a daughter who loved the show and wanted girl robots too or thats how the story goes. So female ones were introduced later and were popular enough to warrant a little more investment but it left them with a big oversight plothole which writers and fans have been scrambling to fill ever since. When really the simplest explanation has always been: because marketing

No, Hasbro explictly cared in the beginning. They didn't want girlbots.

>Cyclonus and Galvatron were gay in G1
>they're awesome

>everyone is fucking gay in IDW
>hate every single one of them

The power of a bad writer, I suppose

The only convolution comes from Furman's gender bungling or as a response to work around it. Romance hasn't really had any convolution.

I wouldn't like a reboot, but I can't say I won't read it.

Overall I feel the post-war narrative is very interesting, given that usually the TV series (which I watched more often) tend to end not long after the war.

If you don't like the emphasis on robot love, then read Optimus Prime and the 'Till All Are One annual. And also whatever remains of Revolutionaries.

Lost Light is never going to reach a Cyberutopia that isn't completely fictional, dead, or corrupted.

So I only know Transformers through fanfic but do they really have robopussies and can they have robobabies?

depends on the writer/generation

Interesting

yes

>this triggers the Allspark

>its shipping bait for the long established robot fucker part of the fandom who due to lack of titty robots thought a boy was fine too
Basically this. Call it what it is.

See?
Besides, everyone knows it was Tracks that was the gayest one.

Everything triggers the Allspark.

>vehicle does not convert.

I wonder why they went with 'convert' instead of 'transform'?

Some legal mumbo jumbo about not watering down "transform" so they can keep using Transformers and not worry about competition.

nightbeat what the fuck

Hasbro prefers not to use "transform" as a verb on packaging because it would help to make it (and by extension, Transformers themselves) a generic term. Hasbro doesn't want Transformers to be up there with Xerox, Band-Aid, Frisbee, or Jell-o.

Okay, perhaps I'm not seeing it because I'm normal, what triggered the Allspark here?

ah! that explains thing.

I don't really want a reboot.

The way a person can construe innuendo from the quote at the bottom.

My goodness, how horrible. I was looking for something mentioning police brutality or something similar.

That pretty obviously IS innuendo.

Nothing triggering there though, I'm fully in favour of human-cyborg relations.

but what if it was prime arcee instead of afterbreaker?

What's this from?

those pack-in comics from japan.

seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-legends-comic-43-featuring-trypticon-translated-into-english/39361/

...why is nightbeat wearing kid chichi's outfit?