>2016
>being a fucking leaf and not owning a crossbow

What is your fucking excuse my fellow leafs?

It's the perfect survival weapon for the upcoming war and much easier to obtain than a regular firearm.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EvShWakKC64
farce
youtube.com/watch?v=21ruoH3vJnQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4RKoRyTik
youtube.com/watch?v=PDaW6kohY0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

do you need a pal?

Nope, nothing at all. Just the payment option and prove your over 18. You only need a special license if you want to hunt with it, but you can legally own one in almost every province without any licenses.

You watch too much Walking Dead, you fucking leaf.

Well our population is low and its very easy to escape to the woods up here almost anywhere you go. Self defense isn't nearly as much of an issue, but hunting would be ideal with one of these.

This guy gives a good rundown, he admits they're shit for self defense but good for hunting.

youtube.com/watch?v=EvShWakKC64

Yeah. Might have to get me one. For some reason they're not on the naughty list here. Virtually silent as well.

We had a guy killing whores with one round our way, the Cannibal Crossbow Killer, kek.

It's very awkward to carry around.

or you could make one yourself instead of buying the plastic jew

Take reasonable size game. Ted Nugent does loads of bow hunting.

They're light as fuck and if you're out in the woods hunting I really don't see them being that big of a problem. The point is I can buy one right fucking now with no permits or anything.

True but I would question how good it would be compared to modern day crossbows. I really don't see these as a bad investment, I mean Christ all the NPCs walking around these days buy iPhones for $1000 like its nothing.

Crossbows are for fags
get a real bow

I have that exact crossbow, the Barnett Jackal. Hard as fuck to pull back and way more maintenance than Walking Dead makes it seem. Still the best option if you can't have guns though

farce bark /IvankaTrump/videos/10154731912922682/

We're all getting ready for the aftermath

>get a real bo
>compound
>survival

Here's your (you).

Then build a recurve when it wears out

the way he says bow bothers me.

Why waste your money on a compound in the first place?

I have one and they are only good for ambush attacks ie hunting deer. You only get one shot. By the time you reload your target is down, has either run away or is tearing you apart.

>It's the perfect survival weapon for the upcoming war and much easier to obtain than a regular firearm.

How fucking retarded are you? It's like $75 for a PAL and you'd literally have to be under 15 years old to even possibly fuck up the process at any point. Then you can get a shitty SKS and a giant crate of ammo from Cabela's for a total of maybe $350.

If you have an IQ above 85 then get your Restricted license at the same time as the PAL.

atatl master race reporting in

Real bow... There can be only one.

>tfw you will never hunt with a qt carrying an English longbow

Its hard to cc a crossbow.

can I open carry? Also can I modify it legally to be fully automatic?

BEcause contrary to popular representations you do not in fact have unlimited ammo.

And knowing a Sup Forums user chances are they miss their shot a majorty of the time.

I have one. Due to my probation I can't get a fucking gun. I have a crossbow several axes and knives as well as homemade poison gas so when the happening hits it's fucking on

youtube.com/watch?v=21ruoH3vJnQ
It's ten years of no guns right?

What's the problem with compound ?

i just called trudeau
have fun leaf

>Baby can't hold the widdle string back while he takes aim

Work on your back muscles you lil bitch

>probation

Maybe you shouldn't have been a nigger then tbqh. As I said, "if you have an IQ above 85" etc. Enjoy getting shot in the civil war (or raided by CSIS for claiming you have "homemade poison gas," I hope you're behind 7 proxies).

>fully automatic

This guy did
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4RKoRyTik

>2016

>not having a conceal carry crossbow

What's your excuse mapple sirup-fags ?

6 years I didn't get a criminal record I have a conditional discharge and can't own firearms as part of it.

You're all plebs.
>current year
>not firing hot rebar

Sure, they are good for hunting if you're a good shot. Not for survival, too long to reload. A regular bow would be better, of course unless you could get a gun.

>youtube.com/watch?v=21ruoH3vJnQ [
How the fuck is it putting a new bolt in?

>tfw you will never hunt animals together with your young daughter
>you will never have any kids in general
youtube.com/watch?v=PDaW6kohY0o

vuile kut bladeren

You make poison gas using shit in your local hardware store and it's impossible to detect

I always wondered how he kept the rebar hot. Stalking a sentry, perfect shot opportunity, and he has to get his zippo out?

Compound bow is great, as long as you can pull it back. I have a 75 pound and can manage, but some puny leaf would probably struggle with it.

I've actually been thinking about getting a recurve bow, cause practicing with the compound is a pain. Arrows get stuck in the target and my shoulder is sore the next day.

It's impossible to detect unless you post about it on a Chinese knitting forum which is known to be monitored by alphabet agencies saying you have it.

No wonder you were caught for nigging out before. I bet you posted it on facebook didn't you?

But can you get rekt in court if you actually use it in self defense?

Not shitposting, genuinely curious out of concern for the good leafs (not the proxy faggots that inevitably shit up every thread)

People Will argue that because a compound bow can take off 60%-90% of the pull load depending on the brand, that it is a pussy bow and only strunk menz use the recourve.

Many more points of failure. If it breaks or something goes wrong you can't service it yourself in the field.

Hell you need a bow vice just to string them.

I own that exact crossbow.. if you are planning on going into war with it your retard op.. someone will end you while you pull back the string..

Also dont forget, if you are an arrogant beginner without tje correct shooting form. Be prepared for the ultimate string bitchslap ever in your life.

You DONT want to shoot a compound without arm protection if you dont know what the fuck you are doing. Ive seen grown ass men crying in pain because they got cocky and thought they know their shit.

I'm more worried about surviving in the woods, as I stated in previous posts

i own a crossbow with rails on the top and bottom

i put a trijicon reflex sight on the top and a surefire x400 light on the bottom, it has high powered LED and a laser sight, the thing is badass

i never fired it and i never will

crossbow is the worst fucking weapon in the happening

thats why in half life they had to add explosive tips to the crossbow

you think your gonna get within 50 meters or someone and make that perfect shot on a moving target?

crossbows are fine for sitting in a tree and shooting a deer thats right in front of you while it stands still

once you miss with a crossbow and miss you will you will be killed

crossbows also dont kill instantly so the guy with the gun who your shooting with be able to return fire before he deals with a bolt in the body

crossbows are the ultimate survival weapon because you never run out of ammo but for a happening they rank dead last

you'd be better off with a knife because we all know you can close the distance of 10-15 meters with a knife before the person can kill you with a gun (some bs police propaganda so they can kill people with knives at close range)

Lol what an idiot.

There are bows that go all the way to 120 lbs.
Try pulling that with two fingers while you aim at a rapidly moving target that might or might not be coming your way.

>thats why in half life they had to add explosive tips to the crossbow

I don't remember that in any of the Half-Lifes.

Is in the US for bowhunting only required 45#? You are not archer in the military 1000 yrs ago to need 120#.

The one in HL2 seems to fire superheated rebar that Gordon pulls from his ass.

>Is in the US
Isn't in the US...

mandella effect...

Exactly, OP is not fighting armored French knights, there is absolutely no need for a 120# bow.

Some states have a min # requirement for hunting and some do not. Shot placement and having a good sharp broadhead are much more important.

this cant be real? you must be shooting with literal retards, i got stringslap once when we did archery in 6th grade gym class.

i bought a bow a couple years ago and shoot it on nice days, maybe 10 times a year and never wear arm protection (or even use a quick release). you dont have to "know what youre doing" you just need eyes and cant be literally retarded

either way this thread is stupid, a normal compound bow is more effective than a cross bow in almost every situation.

Yeah the average bow isn't 120 lbs, but I'm just pointing out that no amount of back muscles can make a 120lbs bow easy to pull. It makes sense for big bows to have the string mechanism to help.
Using one of those on a 45 lbs bow is just faggy

Nothing faggy about it. Your are just being insecure and irrational.

You're 6th grade gym class bow was probably 20# or less. A real bow might fuck you up, pic related.

m8 45 lbs is child tier

Your dick must be really small m8...

Stop being retarded, absolutely NOBODY hunts with a 120# warbow.

They aren't commercially produced. It's completely unnecessary unless you're trying to pierce steel plate armor.

You can kill a fucking elk or moose with a 60# bow.

nigger can you read, my bow is 70lbs, i dont doubt it COULD fuck me up im just saying if you have any form period, then this shouldnt even be an issue. you need to be shooting like a total moron to snap your arm.

if you are actually worried about this maybe you shouldnt be touching your daddys bow.

You're not seriously saying that 45 lbs is too much for you, right?

Nobody hunts with one, but this russian guys seems to think that 45 lbs is a lot. It just isn't.

Or just get a .22Lr...

For a compound bow, no it's not when you take into consideration the let off.

holding 45# on traditional bow while aiming is an entirely different story.

LOL, you poor leafs, I feel bad for you guys sometimes

Everyone is better off with the poundage he can shoot accurately and comfortably. This isn't racing that you need more horsepower. I think that you are just a closet homosexual who always feels the need to come off as a macho.

im so sure you could afford a crossbow with your welfare check

agreed. nobody uses a 120 pound compound bow. the reason is that today's cams offer way more FPS than actual additional weight. my 70lbs Mathews carbon tactical is over 300 FPS.

>sks and ammo are still reasonably priced
>cant be fucked to spend a few maplebucks and a few hours to get a pal
>no get a stick chucker instead
I already own several firearms and a few thousand rounds, why would a blow a grand on a half decent crossbow?

Why are you so keen on attacking my sexuality?
I thought we were talking about compound bows since
is the post that led to this debate.

Didn't read the thread.
Crossbows are fucking gay.
>Slow
>Cumbersome
>Short range
>Bulky, heavy ammo

And this has nothing at all to do with the fact that crossbows are banned in Aus but guns aren't

Cuz you're a poofter m8

120# compounds do not exist. When you mentioned a 120# bow I assumed you were talking about a warbow

Enjoy being nuked soon

Compound are for fags

Get a real bow