Name a Sup Forums character with a greater decline in popularity

Name a Sup Forums character with a greater decline in popularity

Asami

The Shadow? Tarzan?

The Spirit

I love the Power Rangers, why would you say they're unpopular?

He-Man? If you show that asshat to modern kids, they will think it's awesome. He-man is thought of as a fag by everyone, even many of his fans.

well to be fair no self-respecting straight guy would cut his hair like that and prance around in a nothing but a loincloth and leather-harness and ugg boots calling himself he-man

He-Man at least has meme popularity

..Superman?

No, seriously. The original Christopher Reeves Superman movie was the quintessential portrayal of the character even if the other movies went to pot, and he was beloved, THE super hero if there ever was one. Go back to when that movie was made; aside form the Golden age of comics, he's at the pinnacle.

But then Batman gets reinvented over the course of a decade culminating in Batman 89 and then moving on to the animated series, Supes was never at the top of the top again. Never had a successful movie, either. Batman goes on to get heaps of acclaim, a trilogy of top rated films, the Arkham video game series and Jason Freaking Todd gets brought back even after he was voted to die decades before.

I'd say that's the worst case of it.

Jack.

That's less of a decline and more of a shift from number 1 to number 2
I get what you're saying but people still know who Superman is.

depends on what side you are though but it's still a pretty big drop in just one-two seasons

People still watch Arrow?

Was Snake Eyes ever that popular? I mean in a mainstream way.

He was pretty much synonymous with the word ninja at the height of his popularity
Nobody wanted to be Duke, everyone wanted to be Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes was probably more popular than Wolverine in the 80s.

If it got me Teela, I abso-fucking-lutely would.

What are you, some numale fag?

Batman was popular even in the sixties.

Snake Eyes is GI Joe to most people despite Duke being the "main character" And keep in mind Snake Eyes was barely in the original cartoon so not only was he ridiculously popular he was ridiculously popular despite barely appearing the most recognizable part of the franchise.

>Spawn TAS is still one of the only adult cartoons with actually decent art style and animation
>Pretty much no one knows about it
Some faggy youtuber needs to make a video assay about that show to make it more popular.

Fucking idiot, Superman isn't anything to bitch about compared to how far some characters have fallen.

He's not necessarily unpopular, but compared to his peak.

i have multiple

wolverine and the x-men came much, much later.

makes you think

The characters are still popular and are still very marketable, especially in today's environment
But its Marvel's bullshit that has buried them. The only way to end the X-Men was to erase them from an entire generation

they are still popular in B list fashion but nowhere near what they where in the 2000's or 90's
i have to give it to Marvel, they succeeding in bringing down the X-men without elevating the Inhumans

>tfw I thought Snake Eyes was the bad one and Storm Shadow was the good one.

I mean, he's got Snake in his name! That's Cobra right!?

>tfw I thought Snake Eyes was the bad one and Storm Shadow was the good one.
but you are right though snake eyes was the bad one

The Phantom?

>All that cultural appropiation

Plus he doesn't talk or ever show his face. Suspicious!

I thought the same. I also thought Duke and Hawk are the same character.

This

Isn't he still popular in some parts of Europe?

Phantom is doing allright, he is just not very popular in America.
I'd say the Shadow probably had it worse, from the undisputed king of both pulp and radio alike to a footnote in Batman's history and Dynamite's cash cow

But he still has a fanbase.
Doc Savage's had it worse. He was almost as big as The Shadow back then (without the radio popularity) and nowadays nobody but pulp historians care about him. All people know him for is that Dwayne Johnson wants to play him in a movie reboot that is probably not even actually happening.

As much as I like Spawn visually there's a number of flaws in the show's writing (particularly in the third season holy fuck what happened) that prevent me from enjoying it as much as I wish I could. It's leagues ahead of the comic but that's not saying much.
But I do wish it got more attention.

Larry Hama is Japanese-American, so it's OK.

The Punisher
Ghost Rider
Lobo
The Teen Titans
The Legion of Super-Heroes
Spawn
Cable
Swamp Thing
Dracula
Vampirella
Conan

However, the biggest of them all are Plastic Man and Captain Marvel.

In the 80s he was one of the most popular character in comics.

>The Punisher
give it time, he was a fan favourite of DD and is getting his own show, but he never went bellow B List just for the fact that everyone knows his logo
>Ghost Rider
was never extremely popular, hell people have gotten a better image of him after AoS
>Lobo
hes famous among the comic crowd, he just needs a good adaptation
>The Teen Titans
wether you like GO or not, it made the Titans popular with kids, and now its getting its own TV show
>The Legion of Super-Heroes
point taken, DC should have put the same marketting engine behind LoSH like Marvel had with X-men
>Spawn
he died the moment the 90's died, along with Image's old Image
>Cable
wasnt he the most requested character for the DP movie? that alone still puts him above B-list
>Swamp Thing
was only really popular in the 80's horror era
>Dracula
depending on wich version
>Vampirella
>Conan
okay both of these are correct

I don't think his popularity has died just gi joes

>>Ghost Rider
>was never extremely popular

this is flat out delusional

he was probably marvel's 4th most popular character in the early 90s and was ALWAYS A-list until the 2000s

True. I mean, New Fantastic Four, anyone?

>All of these properties are still ongoing
Kek

I admit I like that Conan is not very popular. Conan going the mainstream route would be a mistake, especially in this day and age.

I feel sorry for LOSH fans. They haven't had a comic for years and Superman's been retconned from associating with them and no one's very keen to change that. To any casuals who know about them, they're just known for being really "lame"

>Conan going the mainstream route would be a mistake, especially in this day and age.

You mean the day and age where Game of Thrones is the biggest thing in pop culture?

Yes, clearly there's no market for tits, blood and dragons.

For some reason i keep thinking thats blade. The markings on his shoulder look like the Vampire Runes from the movies.

Fantastic Four

I dont think LOSH can get popular during this time
The flavor for sci-fi has been lost unless you're star wars or guardians

Theres a difference between making it and a decline in popularity.

I'd say any Pulp character, but I don't really know how popular they were to begin with

DC doesn't want him competing with their infallible Supes.

But they will give him his own movie.

Thanks Hasblow
Thanks shitty movies

I got a chuckle out of this but not for the reasons the artist might have intended.

Why is Jar Jar even in there? No one liked him to begin with.

>fucking pickachu

Incredible how old this comic is

Samurai Jack.
The moment the autists left because of a straight pairing.

Which is before MoS 2.

Figuratively the Duke Nukem of comics

>Figuratively the Duke Nukem of comics
Thats a surprisingly apt description of Spawn i never thought i'd hear.

Johnny Quest