Could have been best buds with the Scottsmans ghost and had a waifu 4 laifu to live with by defeating Aku in the future

>could have been best buds with the Scottsmans ghost and had a waifu 4 laifu to live with by defeating Aku in the future.

>Instead he has to defeat Aku in the past because of muh royalty and basically wipes his wife and all his friends out from existence

If you ask me, Ashi ruined the show and should have died along with all her sisters.

>could have doomed humanity to thousands of years of darkness for personal gain
>instead honored the sacrifices of his friends who were already fighting to the death against a monster they couldn't possibly defeat.
He did the right thing, get over yourself.

makes sense

Just make a show about The Scotsman since that's what you're asking for.

Like, why introduce a love interest at all in the last season? It would've been better if all the episodes were slightly disjointed like the rest of the show

The love interest was always meant to be there. Genndy based Samurai Jack on his recurrent childhood dreams of fighting mutants in post-apocalyptic Earth alongside his waifu. The better question is, why was Ashi never introduced in the original show.

Yeah but it essentially made the other Samurai Jack episodes pointless. Why bother being nice to some kid in the future when you're going to remove him from existance?

Scottsman? Gone. Archers? Gone. Woolies, JumpGood, the Scientists, the Sea Men, robot-citizens, LuLu, the Farting Dragon, the Japanese Mechanic Family, the SAMOOHRAI, the Baby, the Bounty Hunters and Princess, Imakandi, Moth Prince/Princess, X-49, the Spartans, the Ravers, that Totoro-Monster Thing, the Dogs, that Lupin the Third cameo, and many many many more are all WORSE than killed.

They are wiped from existence. They gave their lives to defeat Aku and make a better world. HOWEVER, what they did was, to them, morally and logically WORSE than anything Aku had done to them. Their timelines, their lives, their experiences, their familiar and loved ones were all utterly destroyed. They'd do LESS damage if they just destroyed their own planet along with Aku.

The show built up he couldn't go back to the past. They should've gone with "Yeah, shit happens. But now it's time to make shit good again. We can't go back to the past, but we can make a future."
I feel like they were actually going for this, but last second someone was all "FANS GET SUPER MAD, QUICK MAKE ASHI HAVE TIMETRAVEL POWERS"

>The show built up he couldn't go back to the past. They should've gone with "Yeah, shit happens. But now it's time to make shit good again. We can't go back to the past, but we can make a future."
I feel like they were actually going for this, but last second someone was all "FANS GET SUPER MAD, QUICK MAKE ASHI HAVE TIMETRAVEL POWERS"

No it didn't. That's in your head.

y'know maybe you'd have a point if Jack knew at the time how timetravel worked, but he didn't. hindsight is 20/20

O SHIT I HAVE AKU POWERS NOW LOL

He's been stuck in the future contemplating time travel and how to achieve it for 50 years, spending much of that time quietly alone, letting his mind wander.

That's 50 years of him possibly going "what happens when Time Travel?"

Most people contemplate that shit after watching a time travel episode in less than an hour.

Can you really watch all of Samurai Jack, the Season 5 episodes which had acceptance, moving forward and leaving tragedies in the PAST, and moving forward as major themes, AND not feel the sudden appearance of Ashi's Powers and execution of them wasn't in the least bit forced and sudden?

>>"...and undo the future that is Aku!"

Literally in the opening sequence kids. Get over it.

>the Season 5 episodes which had acceptance, moving forward and leaving tragedies in the PAST, and moving forward as major themes,
are you high?
>Why bother being nice to some kid in the future when you're going to remove him from existance?
because you might fail. why is this so hard? he couldnt chance that he might fail, EVEN IF he went back in time he might fail at defeating aku, thus he mustn't ever let anything bad happen in the future "for the greater good" to get him back in time, because then he has a solid chance of dying with that on his conscience. and i'm pretty sure shinto hell doesn't look kindly on that

O

>The show built up he couldn't go back to the past.
It did literally the opposite of that.
Do you expect Gilligan's Island to end with them saying "eh yknow what? we like what we've built here on the island, let's just stay" ??

No, he erased everyone he loved. Kill yoursefl past fag

Imakandi are aliens, they're still around in the future. only now they aren't being fucked with by Aku
you don't seem to understand how time travel works

I will forever cry like a little baby on how fucking shit the Samurai Jack finale was and no one is going to stop me. I'm still mad about it.

MY

>alien doggos also don't exist

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

Not to mention set Earth's technological advances back to the stone age. Earth had intersteller travel in the future but HURR MUH RETCON HURR

Don't assume that Aku brought us to interstellar travel just because its there when Jack comes out. He could've thrown Jack ten thousand years in the future, or even more. It's never specified. Aku could've stunted our technological advancement by thousands of years and you don't know because it was skipped.

He doesn't know Gilligan's island was about them being trapped in Hell with Gilligan as Satan

I still don't understand why everyone is upset or has a problem with the ending. The fucking theme song spoils what's going to happen. Jack goes back to the past and undoes the future that is Aku. What the fuck did you think that meant?

>Ayy lmaos land on Earth
>Mingle with humans
>Tech is shared
>Aku is actually protagonist who tried to advance Earth and defeat FOOOOOOLISH SAMURAI to protect time.

Mind blown

Thats why using romance to do an ending with a previously non established character is a bad idea. Ashi is literally who in terms of relevance. You can't just revive a series to give long time fans closure and then leave them with nothing they have nostalgia for but it's okay because feels and closure. There were 10 episodes and most focused on a new character while the rest were given callbacks and cameos at best except for the finale.

Look up Butterfly Effect.

Assuming that the 'future' is the year 2000-2200, and assuming the year Jack is from is sometime before 1185 (as his dad is the Emperor and that year is when the emperor fell and japan went into a civil war, give or take) that's roughly 1,000 years of Aku fucking everything up.

Aku has also been made an INTERGALACTIC power. He's not Starwars Empire level but he sure as hell had multiple dealings with aliens and influenced whole planets (I.E. destroying whole planets and taking their refugees as slaves). This does impact the imakandi. Even the smallest change in the past can have unpredictable rammifications down a timeline. A guy threw a baseball and missed, hitting a window, rather than the guy with the catchers mit. The guy who owns that window, instead of going to the store and meeting the love of his life, has to instead go into the hardware store to fix that shit. Because he didn't meet the love of his life she moved on to other things. Because of this they wouldn't eventually have a child. That child not existing already causes a FUCKTON of ripples of changes in time. Now imagine Aku fucking EVERYTHING up. That universe no longer exists. Those aliens are severely impacted and do not exist as we know it.

The last season hammered it in. All portals destroyed. Even the Guardian (fucking horrible idea as it was) was killed and his time portal destroyed.
Ashi moved on from her past of being trained as a naked aku-fetish-loving assassin. The Scottsman grew old and gained many daughters. The Archers and Woolies and Apes thrived and moved on from their terrible past. The Ravers celebrated that Jack saved them and gave them a chance for a future.

But then the last few minutes of the show destroyed all that 'yay we have a future' shit and made it all null and void.

>humanity suffers thousands of years of darkness
>decides to fix this by effectively murdering all of said humanity that lived over that period of thousands of years, and replacing them with the entirely different people that will be born in the new timeline

Jack murdered Tuvix.

If they are aliens they probably still exist in space, and aren’t on the verge on extinction.

honestly the whole season was rushed but at least it looked like it was going somewhere

I would have been content if not for that asspull ending

Because Jack's greatets fault is is inner goodness the same way Aku's is his inner evil.
How many times has Aku fucked himself over trying to kill Jack because he chose to make an unnecessary stop to be a dick? Jack's the same; he's had many occasions in which his good nature has costed him a trip back to the past. It's one of Jack's greatest flaws.

Stone Age? Are you high? You do know that there's a difference between past civilizations and cavemen, right?

You know nothing of the hero's journey or of sacrifice. Jack did what he had to do to save the world, stop thinking only of yourselves.
He gave the entire planet a future free from pain he never caused in the first place, and sacrificed everyone he cared about to give the world another chance.
He made the right choice, even if you don't understand it.

While I agree on principle, it was Ashi's choice rather than Jack's. We will probably never know if he would have accepted going back to the past or not.

>but it essentially made the other Samurai Jack episodes pointless

How do you know that in the future Aku didn't exist in,

>Scottsman? Gone. Archers? Gone. Woolies, JumpGood, the Scientists, the Sea Men, robot-citizens, LuLu, the Farting Dragon, the Japanese Mechanic Family, the SAMOOHRAI, the Baby, the Bounty Hunters and Princess, Imakandi

all of these things don't?

We only saw what happened to Jack in his homeland. All of these could and very well still exist in a timeline where Aku doesn't you fucking edgelord.

I mean, what are the fucking odds that any of the random time portals Jack found would send him EXACTLY to the point in time where Aku sent him into the future??

What are the chances that if Jack somehow succeeded in getting into a time portal, he would be sent further into the future instead??

This season was fuckin lit

>essentially made the other Samurai Jack episodes pointless

>That universe no longer exists. Those aliens are severely impacted and do not exist as we know it.

Yes. Give in. Countless lives, realities and fates are turning to complete nothingness in the eternal void, each milisecond.

And of course none of them mattered. No matter how many grand or vast or powerful entities have resided in those planes, all of them... every single one of them has succumbed to the eternal gaping void. Leaving absolutely nothing behind.

This is our fate too. And so many others. Every single timeline. Every single cycle. Every single entity.

Will all turn to nothingness. Like they never mattered. Because they didn't.

>both used sticks and wiped their asses without paper
>Both considered filthy savages

>Yes. Give in. Countless lives, realities and fates are turning to complete nothingness in the eternal void, each milisecond.

no, they just got reset. The only thing that got "erased" was Ashi and anything Aku related

All Gennedy needed to do was have the show end with a fast forward to the future where everyone Jack met is having new happy existence without Aku. Maybe even guys like Demongo and the scat robot being nice guys in the new timeline.

I think about half of portals had personnel/sentience attached, so he would be able to specify where he wants to go.

but he had no way to know how exactly timelines work, even within fiction it varies greatly. there is no goddamn reason why he would know for sure what would happen when he went back to the past

m-muh muh headcanon