Why do girls love Harley Quinn so much?

Why do girls love Harley Quinn so much?

No meme answers or misogyny, only serious discussion please

BECAUSE SHE'S CUH-RAZY!
MOM'S GONNA FREAK

>misogyny
oh please.

Girls like her because she's a power fantasy and appeals to both the "LE xXPSYCOK1LRx" crowd as well as the "m'gentleman *tips charleston*" 50's crowd

because she's bangable

Because Harley Quinn allows women to express their Id while still surrounding themselves with the trappings of femininity.

Harley Quinn is hilarious and cute as a button

The commercials told them to

Lol yeah be yourself but also make sure your boyfriend is an abusive conniving criminal because bad boys are hot

Kinda edgy but still conventionally attractive, sexual but threatening if the wrong person was to hit on her because of it, probably helps that recent portrayals kinda downplayed how abusive her relationship with the Joker is.

Because there's plenty of shallow people of either sex who like crap because they were told it's cool. Also because modern feminism warped popular perception of empowerment for women.

Margot knew how to market the character

The whole "Lovable Idiot" trope is always popular.
Girls love the whole " Cute Goth Girl" sorta vibe she has too.

>Goth
no

I used to love her because she was a fun sidekick to the Joker, not a big fan of her solo. That's all it is for me, I don't see her as empowering, since she's an abuse victim, her whole appeal to me is that she's fun.

i mean....yes though

She's pretty close to it.

Because the character channels a phase that girls go through in puberty and gets a free pass on doing basically aby stupid and selfish shit which is the holy grail for every modern gurl gone wild xd
This and oh so randumb humor sprinkled with 2deep4u emotional "trauma" to justify aforementioned egotistical and hedonistic behaviour

Uh, yes. Because lots of those boyfriends are abusive too and women want socially sanctioned avenues to act out.

>quirky personality
>"alt" aesthetic
>sexy but in control of her sexuality
>doesn't let herself be objectified and actively manipulates men
>actively fights and gets her hands dirty, isn't a passive character
>depending on the adaptation relationship with the Joker can be idealised and romaticised

Pretty much all I can think of.

Harley x Ivy shipper right here.

She's literally a female power fantasy (at least in her modern incarnation).

It's like she has no idea what character she's playing.

Because Harley is stupid and women are inherently stupid.

That's ONE costume in her history that has some victorian influence. That does not make her a goth character

The literal definition of romance is "bitches doing crazy shit for love."

dont sperg out user you know exactly what he means

As others remarked she is power fantasy, but it's all about being the only one who can tame the ultimate 'bad boy' & the DC/WB backpedaled in Suicide Squad with a taked-on "Awww he really DOES love her" ending when her only redeemable trait is that she is supposed to have figured out he was a bad 'boyfriend' and a mass murderer to which she was a willing accomplice to and a murderess herself but hey...retcons & gurrrlll power amirite?

Harley doesn't have any long-standing traditions about her behavior, she's from a cartoon in the 90's that notably had a massive throwback feel to a noir era known for sexist stereotypes. After Wonder Woman made DC the cape universe of choice for feminists, a new take on the character that don't need no Mr. J is agonizingly imminent.

Nah she gets her character. Harley's love for the Joker isn't healthy. But its part of her character. On some level she knows Joker is bad for her, but that knowledge terrifies her because she sees no way out. So she makes excuses for him, tells herself its her fault on some level, traps herself and walks down a path where she has to play the part because acknowledging just how utterly fucked her life is terrifying.

And sadly, genuinely, thats relatable for a lot of people. Yes its stupid, yes she should go elsewhere, but she doesn't.

Feminist culture has been telling women that they don't like or want to be hot girls.

Girls, however, keep proving them wrong by admiring hot girls (also reference, the insane popularity of Elsa and her hip and boob jiggles)

Harvey is pretty much the polar opposite of feminism and yet here we are.

It already happened in her solo title.

Bad boy fantasy
Most girls fawn over the idea that they'll fall for a bad guy and either A, be the reason he becomes good or B, discover that he was just misunderstood all along.
Harley to them is that fantasy going on for eternity, because Harley will never redeem the Joker, no matter how hard she tries.

That's what I mean. Her being with the Joker despite it being unhealthy is her whole thing. She's a non-character besides that.
She's talking about Harley as if she'd be able to ever leave him.
It's like a person playing Batman, saying that they don't get why he dresses up as Batman, and that Bruce should just get over his parents death.

Oh right. My bad, I misunderstood you.

Women don't care. The sexualization is for the male audience.

Thing is, women literally just do not care, even if the female character is oversexualized. Most women who are at least halfway attractive have been unwillingly sexualized before. It's not something they're gonna spend a lot of time criticizing in another woman.

Tumblr feminists and other associated groups are very loud minorities on the internet, most women don't waste time attacking other women for being women when there are so many people lining up to attack them for that anyway.

She's their inner slut personified

cause women are horny as hell

Shikata ga nai.

At least there's still an interesting exploration of her codependency available with Ivy.

A lot of men really love The Joker in the same way women love Harley. Why do so many men love The Joker?

>unwillingly sexualised
I'm getting real tired of people painting male sexuality as invasive and dehumanizing.

Extreme fascism is your only hope for reprogramming the meaning of terms like "getting fucked."

The D was design to storm castles. It's just how it works.

>Harvey

>men
Casuals you mean.

But they're right, user. It's time to stop shamelessly sexualizing Harvey.

My apologies for autospell.

But, really? Thats all you had to add to the thread?

The women who love Harley are mostly casuals too

Do girls like Harvey Dent?

Casuals can't keep up with even very simple cape plots, but they're all convinced they just "get" love because it comes naturally and Joker and Harley are the most famous madly in love power couple in comics.

You'll notice that most people can't even name any other superhero couples that were around longer. The mix of insanity and love is like freebase plot armor, they can do whatever anyone feels like making them do as long as they're still bf and pillow.

Pretty simple. She was a henchman who broke out on her own and became her own person. It's not about female empowerment. She's just sexy and crazy and fierce. Women like that. Men like that too.

Reminder that people believe this

>She's talking about Harley as if she'd be able to ever leave him.
But Harley DOES eventually leave him in the comics. Women do sometimes leave/escape abusive relationships, user.

You can play a character and still disagree with that character's world views. It's called acting.

Reminder that people idealize Romeo and Juliet the same way.

People have been, and always will be, dumb.

>Perfect couple
This person has never picked up a comic in their life have they?

Like it better when she's in a canon lesbian relationshio with Poison Ivy.

People who idealize Romeo and Juliet have never actually read it. They just keep hearing that "oh It's so romantic, forbidden love is so interesting "
Everbody who reads the play agree they were just stupid teens.

>Most women who are at least halfway attractive have been unwillingly sexualized before.

Oh please, unwillingly sexualized my ass. They want to be sexualized, but the thing is they think they can choose who will sexualize them.

Every single woman I've known use makeup in order to be more attractive, that is willingly sexualizing yourself.

It's like she thinks the character could be better. . ..

My girlfriend dressed up as SSHarley last halloween(which eventually ruined her night but that's another story) and her reason for choosing her was her simple design and because she looked like a fun character.
She hadn't watched the movie or read comics about her.

was it rape?

>My girlfriend dressed up as SSHarley last halloween(which eventually ruined her night but that's another story)

Wasn't because the party or whatever was full of Harley cosplayers and she wanted to be the only one?. I remember an user telling something like that

Because girls like it

Why did guys love Heath Ledger's joker so much?

Romeo and Juliet never made sense to me until I learnt how old they were in the original play.

>misogyny

They like Harley because she can "compete with the boyzzz" by doing nothing but acting like an impulsive sociopathic twerp, all while suffering zero consequences for any horrific thing she chooses to do. These same women identify with dying their hair stupid colors and having an ex-boyfriend who they view as demented.

She's Deadpool for girls. Imagine the sort of ass clown who likes Deadpool, then imagine them as a woman.

>Imagine the sort of ass clown who likes Deadpool, then imagine them as a woman.

you mean Joker not deadpool, idiot

No, I know exactly what I wrote Reddit.

So...like most real women then?

>The whole "Lovable Idiot" trope is always popular.
Then why don't I have any friends

Yeah it was a pubcrawl and harleys as far as the eye could see, she got super butthurt, it was so funny

The percil trick was really neat

I'm a woman and I hate her. I know and seen a lot of women who do like her though.

>girls
>comics
Yeah right.

No its because women cant tell the difference between a good alpha male and a abusive alpha male
They don't think using logic

They wanna fuck him obviously

What a time to be alive.

>no latex Harley
disgusting

>It's like a person playing Batman, saying that they don't get why he dresses up as Batman, and that Bruce should just get over his parents death.

... so perfectly fine?

Or do you think actors should be oblivious to their characters' flaws?

That's part of the joke.

>A bunch of girls dressing like trashy juggalos
yay? I feel like I'm in a ridiculous minority of people that think Skwad Harley is just gross. Margot is hot and all, even if she's too skinny but the costume just makes her look like a crackwhore.
Swampwitch was hot though.

My sister has loved Harley Quinn for as long as I can remember, since at least 20 years ago when BTAS first came back on the air. She's also a fairly smart, professional, can-do person who keeps falling into relationships with assholes because she has low self-esteem. She can build a car from the ground up, but somehow one of her exes had her convinced she was illiterate just because she's dyslexic.

People are messed up, esp. when it comes to our search for validation in others, and Harley is a funhouse mirror reflection of that.

The meme answer is the right answer.
She's a shitty meme character who has sex appeal but also is apparently super smart and perfect so its easy for fatties and weeaboo fans to like her. Normies are ok with her too because of the "lol she's so crazy" or their meme Marilyn Monroe quote where crazy bitches justify their bitchy behavior.

Girls don't really believe in Feminism. One of my coworkers is a chad and he showed me some texts with a girl he was talking to where she's like "I'll suck your dick but I also want you to respect me". It's fucking bizarre dude.

I liked Margot's Harley. I think she got all the quirks of the character right, and that's really it for me about Harley. She's a quirky character, all the fun, no responsibility
The kind that you'd want to fuck but probably not marry or let be the mother of your children

yeah, sometimes people like characters that show off the worst in them. It's not really different from liking Constantine. No one wants to be him, he's a fucking asshole and deserves the horrible shit that comes his way. But he's still a very interesting character to read

>No meme answers or misogyny, only serious discussion please
See, that's the problem. The reason why women like Harley is tied to the toxic behaviors specific to women, in particular their superficiality and self-destructive tendencies.

If you want to know why women like her you need to accept that women can be terrible people too.

>No one wants to be him

Travel the world, sleep with Zatana, be an English wizard and shit. Speak for yourself, mate.

Women are dumb whores who like to be abused.
That's it.

>everyone hates you, Zatanna included
>all your best mates die because of your fuck ups
>get cancer but sell your soul to cure it
>know your soul will be the worst treated in all of the history of hell when you die

no, no I do not want to be him

I mean when Skwad came out I guess it had to do with her character design in the movie, I mean Margot Robbie did look pretty hot. Personally I don't get the appeal in the comic and in the cartoon, she's just this needy bitch who drags people down and she's aware that joker is bad for her but still pines for him. If I have to guess it's the same reason why people like Gwenpool, it's because she's "cute"?

>Manages to separate the evil shit into a different body
>said evil body rapes your niece when she attends your wedding
>niece then plans to get her revenge and ends your book

Because Harley
>Dresses however she wants
>Acts however she wants
>Fucks whatever she wants
>Takes whatever she wants
And she gets away with it with little to no repercussions.

Harley is the ultimate female power fantasy for the average millennial female.

Look, we're talking about a character from a serial cape book. Eventually everything and everyone you know is going to be horribly raped to death by writer fiat. At least Constantine gets to be a sick cunt on the way down.

oh come on, Constantine was like this from conception. He is an asshole, it's what defines his character. Lets not compare that to a character like superman, who had is shitty stories and has some messed up stuff in his continuity. superman didn't originate an asshole who gets all his friends dead, and gambles with their lives

>He is an asshole, it's what defines his character.

Yeah, that part I'm fine with. I could stand being more of an asshole.

In my experience, every Latina has been a massive Harley fan. You are far more likely to like Harley if you come from a poorer family.

This is sadly true

Well I'd bet that some of them are fans of BTAS, some are probably Joker fangirls (much like Harley herself), and some just dig her style. But I'd say a major contributing factor is that she's one of the few visually striking female comic book characters to gain mainstream attention via movies.
Then again if we follow that logic Scarlet Witch would have gained much more notoriety from Age of Ultron and Civil War, so maybe I'm just stupid.

Technically Harley's latest burst of popularity came from the Arkham games. Which led to her nu52 redesign which then led into the Squad movie.

Fem user here and I can agree with this. This is why I liked her in the first place too .