Bojack Season 4 talkbalk

His smile and optimism: restored.

Things to talk about
>If you lived in the Bojackverse what animal would you be?

>Will Bojack ever find true love?

>Which topic/episode/scene hit you the hardest? Which was the most personal? Did any hit you at all? Let's find out!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosemary_Kennedy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone else find his middle aged mom hot?

Like, the bitchy woman who makes you come over to help her unload her car and then berates you for not finishing quick enough.

Will there even be a Season 5?

What about todd's friend that Bojack boned like she never shows up again in the whole season

She was at the diner with Todd in the beginning of the season.

Yeah but that's the only time she shows up in the the entire season and she was mad at Todd for not fucking her

>5 shekels have been deposited into your account

Diane didn't deserve Mr. Peanutbutter

I'm a curmudgeonly fatass so probably a boar or something.
He's closer than he was in seasons 1-3. "True love"'s kind of a dumb term, it's not like the flawed toxic love he had for Sarah Lynn wasn't valid as love in it's own totally fucked way. But he's becoming more empathetic and that means he'll be able to form healthier relationships.
>Which topic/episode/scene hit you the hardest? Which was the most personal? Did any hit you at all? Let's find out!
Honey's lobotomy was a real punch in the gut, and the general theme of mental illness echoing down an entire generational line was very relatable for me- seeing Hollyhock act like and talk about feeling like Bojack hit his shitty life choices from a new angle, seeing somebody fresh-faced and besmirched who could easily fuck the whole thing up.

It's more that she just doesn't fit to him. She was more connected to Bojack from the start, he's the guy turns to when she's down and the one guy she can oddly rely on.
She wouldn't even have said yes to Mr. PB's marriage proposal if he didn't pretend to have grown there and didn't make his proposal a grand public scene that you would expect from him and instead showed that he actually can understand what makea Diane truly happy. That and there was also Bojack's horribly sudden kiss that freaked her out and drove her away from Bojack and pushed her right into Mr PB's arms

Can we talk about how cute the ace newt was. 10/10 waifu would date nonsexually.

>Bojack is learning to roll with the punches, growing as a person, and has a family member in his life that he doesn't hate/isn't hated by
>Diane and PB are getting divorced which may actually fuck PB up.
>PC has hit maximum suffering and took on a project that will probably bomb just because it was named after her dead child.
Oh boy, I can't wait for S5 to do what S3 said it would and have a season of Bojack getting torn down to the level of others just as it seems like things are going his way.

Might just be me, but the characters on this show feel like real people.

It was another good season, a bit to much lefty shit but still good. Maybe a bit too depresing

Princess Carolines storyline was unsatisfying and just sort of ended

>, a bit to much lefty shit but still good

Any season that's Diane-heavy will have that because Diane is a lefty.

PB's divorced two much worse, more manipulative, and it seems smarter women before, he managed to weather those storms.

The voice.

I figured everyone had that voice in them. Because those are the things I tell myself every morning as I drag my butt off the ceiling and stick my face in the reaping machine for one more day.

But those women never pretended to be good people like Diane.

Honestly I don't mind Diane sometimes throwing political tantrums. That's her character and it's realistic. We all know women like her IRL. My best friend's gf is like that.
It's not like they portray her as always right. In fact they made a point that she's also as twisted and fucked as Bojack and things like publishing an article why Mr. PB sucks are honestly shitty things to do.
She's also portrayed to be hypocritical about political beliefs like being against guns except when she finds out guns can be used to empower women completely throwing her previous political beliefs about them away not caring that she ditectly caused gun violence to go up

He's never seen the bitch-trap in real life.
I assure you, when they first met PB, they did act like fun confident snarky intellectuals who just wanted to get a little bit of Peanut Butter in their chocolate.

I hope she sticks around next season, would date nonsexually as well

I honestly had to take a break after that episode. Way too real man.

Anyone got a screen cap of PC and The turtle man saying "thoughts and prayers"?

Bear mostly for gay jokes
Yes but platonic sister/brother love with hollyhock
The "am I a good person" at the end of season one hit me pretty hard. What happened with penny has to be the ballest ending I've ever seen and a damn big gut punch.

>in their chocolate
But they're white

Their buttholes.
That's how the nagging bitch reels you in- she lets you in her ass once, she's in your ass for life.

i sure hope bojack doesnt hook up with diane next season!!!!

Does anyone else feel like Underground was too much of a throwaway episode? So much happens, yet the only lasting impact is that PB and Diane lose their house and the woodchuck loses his hands. I don't even remember Hollyhock commenting on it even though Bojack was missing for a week.

Me neither. They should keep it a platonic friendship

And the Todd and PC plot also went nowhere. The Bojack and Diane moments were cute though.
Also I like Zach Braff

If Hollyhock asked anyone that knows BoJack if it was normal for him to go missing for weeks on end and then show up looking and smelling like he spent the entire time in a ditch wearing the same clothes and drinking, they would tell her that happens with him frequently and not to worry about it.

That's true, but it's still weird that we are never even shown her asking in the first place (unless I just forgot).

Bojack Horseman is a character defined by his depression. In a drama. There's no way he's *not* going to be brought down. Pretty much the entire premise of the show is that he doesn't improve.

But he does. Proof is that he changed his ringtone in the last episode and now finally moves on

I'm bad at guessing plot points and I try not to do it, but I foresaw something being in the coffee and Henrieta being Bojack's dad's mistress. I wish this season was less predictable.

>but I foresaw something being in the coffee
You mean because Bojack literally starts a drug trip in the opening

>and Henrieta being Bojack's dad's mistress
You mean because Bojack's mom literally called her a waste for her husband's jizm?

This

In a flashback in an earlier season don't they show an argument over Henrieta?

NO.
This is a trap.
That shit's a fursona.

>You mean because Bojack literally starts a drug trip in the opening
No, because they mentioned Beatrice made the coffee and Hollyhock commented on it being good.

>You mean because Bojack's mom literally called her a waste for her husband's jizm?
No, because she kept calling him a specific name and even his grandpa was a cheater. It was an obvious choice for drama.

I don't remember.

I just finished watching S4 a moment ago. I was overall disappointed, as if all the plotlines were half-assed without going anywhere and Bojack's own plot being quite minimal.

>PC
had a quite good plotline as far as downers go, but hit the wrong notes on the wrong times
>PB
had some good jokes during it, but the resolution of the election plotline was half-assed
>Todd
cringe level with all the 'asexual' talk I don't give a shit about and clowns that were never funny. Todd is pointless when he's detached from Bojack
>Hollyhock
her plotline could be good if there was more of her, it felt really rushed at the end. The big 'crisis' comes out of fucking nowhere and she isn't even mad at BoJack at this point
>Beatrice
Not really a plotline, but I appreciate the animation and direction of episode 11. Devil grandpa was over the top

I'd say it still 7/10 and leftism wasnt as annoying as I feared it would be, but previous seasons felt so much more connected and coherent.

>will bojack ever find true love

what? this seems so irrelevant to the narrative that we've been building up. Romance exists in the Bojack story but the concept of 'true love' is something that none of the characters pretends exists.

What's the point of Todd anymore

No, the point is that he's a horribly broken creature that finds a way to cope. I want to see him succeed in some small way, that's why I keep watching.

>Devil grandpa was over the top

Until you realize Joseph Kennedy was literally like this

Diane was 35 when that happened. She's like 38 now. It's just embarrassing that she's this out of touch and emotionally immature.

I mean, that's why I like her and enjoy her character, but I roll my eyes at people who act like she just cutely stumbled into issues when she's almost 40 and acts like a 21 year old third wave liberal jezebel feminist.

The same as it always was: to provide wacky comedic relief. The issue now is that he's so disconnected from the rest of the cast and his hijinks are so wacky that everything involving him feels like it's from a different show and was just shoved in to fill time.

>Devil grandpa was over the top

How so, tell me more.

Honestly I forgot that she's that old. I actually thought she's in her 20s

True, he's definitely the weakest part of the show right now. At the same time, without him the show would be far too serious. Not sure where they should take him.

He sent his daughter to have a lobotomy and when it failed and she turned vegetable he ignored her and didn't visit her.

Oh, and he didn't tell his wife about the lobotomy.

Nope, she's old and is still throwing tantrums, not getting actual help for her individual problems, is defeatist and is THAT protective over a "childhood dream" disney room.

Diane's problem isn't that she's a bad person at all. She's just really emotionally stunted and trying to always recreate a better version of her uncool adolescence as Bojack has said.

Read up on Rosemars Kennedy. Her father lobitomized her because she was acting up and feared it would throw a bad light on their family name. After she became a retarded mess after the lobotomy he hid her from the public and threw an angry tantrum everytime someone asked him about her.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosemary_Kennedy

I love Jerma so fucking much

That's so fucked up

Hollyhock was showing addiction behaviors and visibly losing weight from episodes 6 to 10

This season reminded me of venture brothers S5. Lots of cool character exploration but nothing BIG really happened. I'm totally fine with that. It was an enjoyable season. I liked bojack staying out of people's shit.

And that PC future great granddaughter episode... I knew so hard they'd fuck her over, but I let myself believe it anyways.

Yeah, I at first thought Bea's father seemed too cartoonishly evil, too, but he almost appears compassionate compared to how fucked up some real people actually were and are.

They need to start making his actions have consequences or be a little more grounded. Not that he needs to start being as down as everyone else, but he literally caused the deaths of several clowns/dentists and will likely kill some runners as well this season. If the show wants us to take death seriously, it can't keep haphazardly throwing shit like that in.

They also need to reintegrate him the rest of the cast. He talked with PC and used her apartment for a while, but he didn't really have any meaningful interactions with anyone else.

>It's gonna have a happy ending, I promise!

>that episode where you wanted to give Bojack the biggest hug

I need to write about one thing that bugs me more than others; so, I was hyped for season 4 because of where the characters were at the end of season 3, particularily Bojack who was about to end it all. He stares at the mustangs and it somehow makes him stop the car and (presumably) reevaluate things; And this is almost immediately dropped in season 4. Bojack doesn't address for a single moment (he could with Hollyhock) how close he was to commiting suicide. He doesn't give any meaning to the wild horses, and I still need to have just my own speculations about their meaning.
Seasons 1 and 2 had smooth natural transition, and the so did seasons 2 and 3. This time I felt as if s3 was suddenly cut with scissors and I felt like season 3 ending was undermined in a way.

Why? He's just a stupid piece of shit, he doesn't deserve a hug

yeah, I know that she did. That wasn't lost on me. And I know that Bojack pushed her on the path of low self-esteem, but there's too little tension between the characters and it's not even only Bojack who's to blame. Holly does it to herself. That's why her calling him at the end had a lot less impact for me than it could have had.

tfw dont have that voice
am i broken

That scribble comic was great.

Be happy about that. You don't want that voice

Jospeh Sugarman did nothing wrong

When you have something to focus or distract you it isn't really noticeable. But when you sit around all day doing nothing but feeling guilty for yourself of course your conscience is going to go into overdrive.

I'd never imagine that a cartoon about an animated horse from hollywoo(d) could ever depict an issue that hits so close to home so well.

Was her lobotomy really that bad?
She seemed like a zombie yes, but her only other options were living as an utterly broken soul for the rest of her life, or death.
Obviously nowadays we know lobotomies are a bad idea and we have more effective ways of treating a person, and I know lobotomies were used for stupid reasons like being slightly "un normie", but for a serious case like Granny Bojack, was it her best option?

I'd be a cat nyaa~

No

Dealing with Beatrice's dementia.

It might have given her peace, but the thing is that it traumatised her daughter for life.

Does anyone have a mega for this season?

There wasn't any other option besides death so yeah it was the best decision. Not because it was particularly better than any other decision but because it's the only one that's even slightly humane.

wait anti psychotics to be invented

They didn't know how long that would be.

I don't have that voice. I have an empty mind usually and most actions I do on autopilot.
I also cannot understand at all why people would take the blame for stuff that is very obviously and logically not their fault.

more like

>What's your fursona?

Keep your fur hidden, furry Sup Forums

>anons complain grandpa was too over the top
>j. kennedy actually did have his daughter lobotomized
also
>When Klemmer returned from a trip to Germany and reported the pattern of vandalism and assaults on Jews by Nazis, Kennedy responded, "Well, they brought it on themselves."[43]
lmao

It's obviously a horrible idea in hindsight, but she literally asked for it. Her only other option was suicide as she literally said she can't live on like that anymore.
It's honestly just a tragedy and Joseph Sugarman isn't really to blame for what happened.

>not only lobotimized his wife, but neglected his daughter so much that she'd go on to not just fuck her own life, but fuck the lives of two others as well

He is the only true villian.

Mothers lose children and that honestly doesn't ever leave them, they will be permanently altered. They aren't exactly utterly broken but it's a stranger, sadder life. It's a shitty journey to have to take in life, but women had also been going down that horrible road for hundreds of thousands of generations without having parts of their brains ripped out. Time couldn't fix everything but her hysteria would eventually run itself out- a caretaker easily could have been hired, posing as a friend or family member for propriety's sake, who could have kept watch over Honey AND Beatrice for a year or so.
Additionally, Beatrice needed a mother, and as Joseph realized only after the lobotomy Honey was incapable of the role after the lobotomy.

>maybe that monkey from season 3, he seemed mentally sound and I like exercise.

>yes but it will be reciprocated or he wont be able to reciprocate it

>the burning of the doll, I know it was because of the fever but toys have souls dammit

Yes. Suffering is at least a feeling to be had, and some emotion, even if painful, is better than no emotion at all.

>neglected his daughter so much
Contextually, imagine that someone foists a baby elephant on you.
There's also no more internet, nobody write books about how to raise elephants, and you're still expected to work 9-5.
How good is your elephant going to turn out?

Men didn't raise children.

I'm pretty sure Joseph Sugarman is directly based off Joseph Kennedy

The mustangs running reminded him of the advice Secrateriat gave him in the flashback from the last episode of season 1. So he "just kept running" for a whole year.

I would argue that it seemed rather severe mental illness runs in the Bojack family, and Honey would not have recovered. She was weirdly manic about the son before he died.

>lobotimized in a time where that was seen as a legitimate form of treatment over her going to prison and being broken for the rest of her life or death

>Herb in the background
:^(

honestly same for peanutbutters stuff and by extension diane. really all the characters feel disconnected from bojack this season, which seemed to be somewhat intentional, but when they didn't really address it at the end it bummed me out. i hate shows about characters that barely overlap. whats the point?

>men didn't raise children
They also didn't ignore them. Sugarman didn't have to be a perfect father, but neglecting his daughter was a choice only he made -- the defense of society can only go so far until it crumbles under the wait of personal responsibility.

Yeah it seems so obvious now. Such a prominent figure too. Makes it seem much "out there".

Well, Peanutbutters and Diane's shit is obviously eventually going to circle right to affecting Bojack next season. Same with him working on Philbert with PC. It was setting up for if they get picked up for a new season, but also giving him a bit of independent closure in case they didn't.