ITT: Tropes you don't get

ITT: Tropes you don't get

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WorldOfCardboardSpeech

...what....?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XwU0QkcrNVQ
web.archive.org/web/20110225120453/http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TroperTales/BewareTheNiceOnes
youtube.com/watch?v=hEJQqUN2buE&list=PL65885E08173B69BB
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/PlantsVsZombies
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>there is a detailed explanation
>there are dozens of examples
>still doesn't get it
I am sorry, user.

To be fair, it's one of the worst trope names on the site, possibly the most difficult to remember.

what don't you understand? you can make a character seem more badass if you act like they've been holding back the entire time
youtube.com/watch?v=XwU0QkcrNVQ
it's an easy way to raise the stakes

>Character has self imposed restrictions due to fragility of world around him/her (Note: cardboard is fragile)
>Circumstances become dire enough that they remove the restrictions

I don't get TvTropes.

I don't get why Troper Tales was shut down, despite being the only good thing to come out of that site.

web.archive.org/web/20110225120453/http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TroperTales/BewareTheNiceOnes

>Note: cardboard is fragile
No way!

It really isn't

They should make a non-autistic version of tvtropes. It has a neat concept and the trivia can be fun to read, but it's written by such absolute childish shitheads it ruins everything.

It really, really is.

>non-autistic version of tvtropes
Who would populate the entries?

I like the concept enough but I'd like it if they had more quality control. I literally just read the continuity reboot entry and had Kamen Rider fanon in it.(and the page example is wrong, though its a common mistake when using the word "reboot").

>non-autistic version of tvtropes
I get where you're coming from, but it's simply not possible.

It's like the Wook. It can't possibly exist without its own autism.

What was the whole Google incidet about? A lot of the trope names were changed, right?

>t. lazy guy

At least we still have the videos
youtube.com/watch?v=hEJQqUN2buE&list=PL65885E08173B69BB

>Nightmare Fuel — this troper pooped xir pants when xe learned that the Doctor was a white cis male like Drumpf! >:(

>that time they purged anything that wasn't G-rated
>it included Lolita (novel)
>mod went on record saying it had nothing of value to anyone
>went on to become tumblr tropes

It really really isn't. It's easy to infer what it means by the name of it alone.

I wasn't able to figure it out by the name, though I'll admit I figured it out pretty quickly because I can read

Scanners was an alright movie that's often overlooked, yes.

always check the laconic page

that's it.

To be fair world of glass would get the point across beter
I usually relate cardboard with poverty or something unoriginal

Laughing at them was some of the funniest shit out there. God I wish I could've seen it go against tumblr at some point with their inane bullshit

Laconic and playing with tabs are always the go-tos

Post the worst pages you can find
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/PlantsVsZombies

I got so hyped when I saw superman let loose. Years later I realized he could have solved every problem instantly and every single time he gets bopped for damage and floats away in pain he was just pretending.

Troper tales was pure unadulterated and unsolicited cringe

S T R A W B E R R Y J A M

Wow. I thought the world of cardboard is supposed to be about how everyone and everything is blowing up buildings/mountains/forests left and right so easily that the world may as well be made out of literal cardboard.

Because that one quote is REALLLLLLLLY specific to be a trope.

I thought it would be something about how the world is all fake, as if it were cardboard cutouts

The naming itself is pretty dumb because it's describing a chuuni type of trope.
> They haven't seen my true power when I've unlocked my limiters
is chuuni AF.

>tvtropes
>can't view because of adblocker

it's a reference to this scene
it lists it as the trope namer on the page

>overanalysing tvtropes title names