Any other Alaskans here?

Any other Alaskans here?

We should just secede and form our own country desu familia. We could have an economy the size of a European country with our oil and natural resources. And if our currency was on the gold standard we'd be set.

The South doesn't do shit for us besides take our oil and boss us around. Maybe instead of worrying about drilling more oil platforms they should come and BUILD SOME FUCKING ROADS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wqh-bXUtmE4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

your sister agrees. She also sponsers the first amendment: repeal you pants and give it to her.

>wincest

What the fuck is up with your EU flag?

Freedom. The stars don't all blindly follow each other.

Any state that actually secedes will be where I'm moving too. Don't care if it's Alaska, Texas, Cascadia, Old South, just anywhere that is not connected to the Federal Government.

Palmer here.

alaska is pretty cool.
alaskans fucking suck.

Predates the EU flag by nearly 30 years. EU is using an Alaska flag.

aren't russian alaskans actually replacing the american population there, bro? you're as mediocre as a baltic country and will stay that way until a referendum places you under Putin

Yeah I'll agree we're kinda hit or miss. Alaskans are either paranoid as fuck who want nothing to do with other people, decent hard-working folk who like nature, or white trailer trash. Oh and then there are the """Alaskans""" that are just rich dentists from the South who come up for two weeks a year to go fishing at their lake cottage.

Big Dipper pointing to the North Star? If anyone gets to use the North Star on their flag it would be Alaska. I like it.

>Russian Alaskans
Top kek, what, all 5 of them? All the Russians left after the Red Scare m8.

Not to mention there really weren't any "Russian Alaskans" to begin with. All of the Russians that lived in Alaska before the US bought it (which was very few) were almost all employees or families of the Russian-Alaskan Company. They were there to make money off of furs and shit, not to actually settle Alaska. So when the US bought it, most of them went home. The few that stayed behind were mostly Orthodox priests and their families, and then most of them left during the Red Scare.

I appreciate the legacy Russia has left on Alaska, with some of the neat old Orthodox churches and town names and stuff, but I have honestly only ever met one Russian family here on the Kenai.

Bump

>tfw you go to get in your car in the morning and you see one of these motherfuckers blocking your drive

Still the least frightening neighbors I have.

How does the average Alaskan feel about the lower 48?

Don't hit a moose in a Geo Metro.

We don't think about you at all.

Except when you need something shipped to your house and it either won't or costs an arm and a leg for shipping. Then I hurt a little inside.

Oh and also when I go to the store to buy a gallon of milk and it's $6, that kinda makes me miss home. I'm originally from Indiana so I'm used to produce and groceries being dirt cheap.

well, just ask us for icebreakers and we can trade. we don't actually need more clay but imagine if we could have a gas pipleinde from Russia to North America.

This is our clay now. Stay away

So you think you are tye worthy successor of Hokuto Shinken?
Poor bastard
Hokuto Soke no Ken will always be superior

can you read? we don't need clay, we want trade. Imagine if we could have a railroad from China to USA through Russia - 3 biggest country connected and united. We all would be in money.

yurogooks copied off American design

Gadaffi tried that once. ONCE

let me know how that goes.

I think they've talked about this a lot. The cost of building a railway bridge from Russia to Alaska would be astronomical.

Im glad somebody saved the thread.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wqh-bXUtmE4

You Chinese suck even at bootlegging your own flag.

Alaska is kinda like Finland now that I think about it.

It's cold, dark, nobody wants to get near each other and it's full of Mongolians.

This is aimed on your general direction.

yes, but eventally you will get profit from it

I want to move to Alaska. Is it nice?

Depends.

Are you sure you're okay with giving up things like interesting cuisine, fashion, good internet, good roads, etc?

If you live in Anchorage, you basically have most of the amenities you can find in an average American city. But again, shipping stuff here is always a hassle, winters are fucking potent, and the cost of living is very high. If you're coming from Commiefornia or Jew York it won't be that much different, but if you're from the Midwest or something it'll be a shock, like it was for me. So make sure you have a good job lined up here if you want to live comfortably like you were down South.

But is it nice? Yes, absolutely. The first thing you'll notice is the air: it's clean. I always figured the air in Indiana was clean, but it really is completely clean up here. The nature is beautiful, of course. If you like hiking, mountaineering, camping, hunting, and fishing, you'll be in Heaven up here.

But if you're the kind of guy that likes his sedan and his internet, likes going out with his friends for a night on the town, likes having plenty of women to choose from (pickings are slim up here, if you want a wife or girlfriend, you'll have to import her), but you also like hiking and stuff, this place isn't for you. You have to truly, truly love the outdoors to get the most out of Alaska. Otherwise there are cheaper places to move that offer good outdoor activities.