Rick and Morty V Steven Universe

Rick and Morty vs Steven Universe

Which one has the better writing? Which one has the better animation? Which one has the better characters? Better waifus? Better fights? Better diversity? Better premise?

Be honest, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0cLxCjjJbnY
youtube.com/watch?v=VlefObjJ5h
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Be honest, Sup Forums.
both are trash

>better diversity
dropped.

I can at least tolerate the Rick and Morty meme nihilism to a degree.

SU's just so inoffensive and hug box that it's its own kind of annoying.

>Which one has the better writing?
Steven Universe
>Which one has the better animation?
Rick and Morty
>Which one has the better characters?
Steven Universe. R&M's characters are too unlikable (like Family Guy).
>Better waifus?
SU.
>Better fights?
SU
>Better diversity?
Rick&Morty. SU is mostly lesbian rock people.
>Better premise?
R&M.

>Reddit vs Tumblr
Whoever Wins, We Lose

What a ridiculous thread.

Bojack Horseman

I know. Especially since the answer is so obvious.

Stop spamming Rick and Morty threads leddit.

that's like comparing xbox to a mac, basketball to climbing, what in the fuck are you doing?

Samurai Jack is better than both. Especially season 5. /thread

Their both good shows just in very different ways

>that's like comparing xbox to a mac, basketball to climbing
How?

All of these

THIS
H
I
S

Just gotta dump this post into this dirty user's flop thread, and collect my kudos.

Apples and oranges. I know it's bait, but both cartoons are trying to accomplish different things. Rick and Morty is essentially trying to be the new Futurama, but even more heady and continuity based while SU is, for the most part, gay propaganda (good gay propaganda imo) that's trying to get you invested in character arcs and plays our more like an anime with really good music.

Is this actually good or is it just a meme?

why aren't their any male gems in steven universe

It's good,and a good mind puk, to show to your friends. Show it to a friend of mine, still hasn't talk to me back!

Steven Universe

it is one-hundred percent a meme.
its barely watchable

>>>r/tumblr

>

Which one has the better writing?
Rick and Morty

Which one has the better animation?
Stephano Galaxy

Which one has the better characters?
Rick and Morty

Better waifus?
Steven Universe no contest.

Better fights?
Steven Universe. Because R & M had more running and shooting than fighting.

Better diversity?
Rick and Morty. They have many, many aliens of all dimensions.

Better premise?
Apples and Oranges.

The only reason why Steven Universe falls flat is the horrid glacial pace. Multiple seasons and we have bare idea on how the Gem empire works. Whereas Rick and Morty, we have knowledge on how their societies work. Both humans and aliens.

I stopped watching Rick and Morty after season one a couple of years ago because I guess I was turned off by the way Rick and Morty's va talked like an annoying retard and I also didn't find it very funny. But I've come back to it and started watching seasons 2 and 3 and I think I like it a lot more. I think the writing is more consistently good and doesn't piss me off like Steven Universe's does. R&M writers aren't afraid of being ambitious and doing crazy shit while SU writers just seem really lazy.

I don't know how to explain it but the writers of R&M seem to take themselves too seriously when they write the dramatic moments of the show, but it doesn't really bother me as much as when SU gets hamfisted with it's messages and occasionally forces rehashed drama between characters who stagnate for seasons at a time. Or when SU decides that status quo and drip feeding plot progression and character development is better than moving everything along at a natural pace and letting everyone grow up and change. When big events that have been built up for a long time do happen in SU they tend to be rushed and Steven only gets through them because of plot armor and conveniences, and all the antagonists always act retarded.

I haven't finished R&M yet and I'm not as invested in it as I am in SU, so I don't know if I'm going to end up changing my mind, but I'm sure the writing isn't as bad as SU.

I already know the music and waifus in R&M aren't as good as SU and those are a couple of things that keep me hooked. The gems have more heart and love put into them even though they're written like shit.

I think both premises are pretty good. SU is like a more emotionally charged and character driven DBZ while R&M is like a Back to the Future parody.

watch this OP

youtube.com/watch?v=0cLxCjjJbnY

One is for cartoon network, the other is for adult swim. That's all I'm saying.

Steven Universe is one of the best shows of the decade. It shows you not all male protagonists need to be overly masculine meatheads, (like He-Man, Superman, Goku, or GIJoe), sociopathic dumb jerks (Peter Griffin, Homer Simpson, or Hank Hill), or emo brooding types (Batman, Spawn, Punisher). Instead you can have a male protag like Steven that is more feminine and not a stereotype. The rest of the Steven Universe cast is also rich in diverse characterizations and personalities. Garnet is one of the coolest characters ever. She's tough, strong, wise, and has a interesting backstory and progressive twist. SUbalso does a great job at blending comedy and drama. The songs are also catchy.

Rick and Morty just feels like every other """""adult"""" show. With the same unlikable characters, same tryhard swearing and gore, same mean-spirited humor, and same forced attempts at trying to be """mature""". It seems like the kind of show you'd see played after Brickleberry or American Dad honestly.

Judging by how I watch R&M and can't stand SU, I say R&M has everything better. Except for songs.

It's got pretty good jokes/wordplay and it's quite a mindfuck of an experience.

That being said most people I've showed it to don't really want to watch more because it tends to be too weird and the animation too off putting.

It's quotable as hell though.

>best fights? SU ? The best action scenes that SU can achieve are anime plagiarism
youtube.com/watch?v=VlefObjJ5h

>>>a fucking noose

>Mommy! Look how edgy I am! I'm so kewl!

>SU
>Better waifus
There's like 3 fuckable characters in that show TOPS. On the other hand, every background girl in R&M is top tier waifu material. Then there's Original Summer after the apocalypse. Damn.

>3 fuckable characters in that show TOPS
this must be the lowest test I have ever seen like what the fuck
I bet you wouldn't fuck blue diamond if you had the chance

This

You're god damn right I wouldn't. I am a man of taste. Have fun with your technicolor lesbian space rocks talking about how strong they are and crying every thirty seconds.

>Son Goku
>An overly masculine meathead
>Hank Hill
>A dumb sociopathic jerk
So you know nothing about these characters and are a total wanker, got it.

muh generalization of shit I don't know about

Goku is the biggest meathead around. All he thinks about is food and punching stuff. If you asked him what's two plus two he would say fish.

And Hank Hill is a sociopathic jerk that abuses his son and has committed several terrorist acts.

>Which one has the better writing?
R&M
>Which one has the better animation?
R&M even if its style is garbage
>Which one has the better characters?
R&M. If this was a season or two ago I'd have argued SU, but the shows character writing has become a mess and a lot of their development is going in circles. R&Ms cast is intentionally unlikable people but mostly serve as comedy devices, and fulfill that role a hell of a lot better than SU's characters do in theirs.
>Better waifus?
SU. This isn't up for debate.
>Better fights?
This is a tough question. The fights in SU are terribly choreographed and lack any weight, but R&M basically doesn't have any.
I guess I'll give it to SU, though it's basically a participation medal.
>Better diversity?
R&M, amusingly enough.
>Better premise?
Both of them are solid premises.

R&M has its ups and downs, and its attempts at an overarching plot are embarrassing, but its an episodic comedy with a lot more hits than misses. It can get away with the occasional terrible episode or weird two-part story arc because of its nature, most episodes don't impact the next and if one sucks you'll never see that world or those characters again.

Steven Universe has meandered all over the place, originally being a coming of age story about this boy helping people in his town being raised by lesbian rock aliens, hyping up a grand space opera plot, and committing to neither in the end. It has a lot of ambition but does nothing with it, and by the current season I couldn't give less of a shit about what's happening in it. I'd just rather watch Sailor Moon or Utena to get what it's trying to deliver, and it feels more like wasted potential than anything.

>SU
>Good writing
>the entire show hinges on Steven being a brainlet not asking any questions a normal human being would ask
ok

pls keep SU in its respective thread

>better writing
R&M by a long shot. SU feels like a clusterfuck in the writing department

>Better animation
both are pretty trashy, but R&M has the edge here

>better characters
SU easily, you actually want to like those gay rocks, they're dynamic and compelling characters. R&M characters are more-so problems than actual characters with arcs and personalities

>better fights
neither

>better diversity
both are about white males and aliens, its a tie

>better premise
SU. set ups for muh deepest lore that never pay off are a lot better than "A-ATHEISM MORTY *belch* I'M A SAD PERSON!!!"

Oh god, I know exactly where that pic is from and I am somewhat ashamed that I fapped to it so many times.

It's obscure therefore channers like to watch it to feel counter culture and ahead of the curve.Just wait until it get popular and watch channers doing a 180 and decryint as the worst thing ever
TL;dr Fuck you hipsters contrarians fucks

I mean I would say i watch R&M in public but not SU

R&M has better writing, better animation, better premise. They tie for characters and fights really depend on what you like in cartoon fights. I like Rick and Mortys gritty, bare one violence type fights but some people would prefer the stylised fun sorta SU fights. SU has better waifus because Armrest gets my dick hard

Why?

One is just violence and the other is just a cartoon with a bunch of gay shit and lesbian space rocks

AT outclass both

>Judging a show based on how many token minorities it has
What an awful thing to do. But I guess you can easily write off any critiscm as racism/homophobia, right?

Sauce please. Let me shame fap.

Rick and Morty doesn't have any interesting fights to begin with. They're poorly done in SU, but still beats nothing.

...I mean, it still beats nothing when the category is 'best fights'. SU itself would probably be better off without so many fight scenes to begin with.

I agree with him, actually. Asking which show has "better diversity" is a sure sign that OP's trying to start shit.

Second picture from the top is the default face expression of each respective show

forgot to link to op, fuck

>cancer and cancer combined

This is fucking perfect.

Ayy good work my dude. I'm going to throw it out there that the characters in Family Guy are entirely unlikable though

Is this a pasta?

Is there a reason Sup Forums instantly went from loving Rick and Morty to hating it?

Rick and Morty
Because Rick actually kills, like a real man

because normies like it

Because people bought into the "Sup Forums is innately contrarian" meme before they migrated here. Also the show has most of it's humor derived from alternating between lowbrow and highbrow, which is a cardinal sin nowadays. Both the smart and the stupid anger the mediocre.

Because they announced they were hiring woman writers.

Goku can't help it that Crocker taught him that fairies made 2+2 = fish

>diversity
Not important, what only matters is character development, argument, pace and atmosphere, probably forgetting one, but it's not diversity or some progressive bullshit.

You have to wonder how these two shows individually will be looked backed on in 5 or 10 years after they finish airing?

Both are shit.

Diversity is not inherently good writing, but people who acknowledge diversity are more in touch with the human experience, so they tend to be good writers.

I liked it, watched the 20 episodes in two days

>implying it's a vs situation
>implying they don't fill out their own niches for cynicism with mildly depressing humor and a gurren lagann-lite optimism, both which people occasionally need in their lives.

I love how this bait took no effort yet it still took more effort than average.

Diversity shouldn't need to be "acknowledged."
It should come naturally as a result of the influence of a diverse society (America, for example) on a writer's work.
If a writer is consciously taking the time to make his work more diverse, he's full of shit.