The man known as Eddie Brock does not get the recognition he deserves as a character, often he is called edgy...

The man known as Eddie Brock does not get the recognition he deserves as a character, often he is called edgy, but what would be the point of another spider character who has the morals of Spider-Man? Often he is accused of having a weak origin, which may be a bit true, but what capeshit character doesn't? It's always some bullcrap reason that makes a character decide to be a villain or hero, usually so bullcrap that it makes even the most heroic heroes seem like obsessive psychopaths

>but what would be the point of another spider character who has the morals of Spider-Man?
What's the point of another spider character period? What's the point of another character who has the morals of the Punisher?

Eddie Brock Venom was in Marvel vs Capcom 1 & 2

>What's the point of another spider character period? What's the point of another character who has the morals of the Punisher?

He doesn't have the morals of the Punisher, Eddie is interesting because he's not a black and white case of "pure good" "pure evil" or even "pure neutrality", Frank does not believe he's a hero he just believes he's doing what he has to as a soldier, Eddie has always viewed himself as a hero, a warrior of justice, even when he was portrayed as a straight villain

Eddie has had some massive character development and this newest run has fucking thrown all of that down the drain. He should have kept toxin and flash should have kept venom.

No no no no no no.

Flash as Venom WAS the derailment. Ruined everything that made Venom Venom and turned him into a Punisher rip-off AND later, a ROM Spaceknight rip-off.

And Flash as Toxin was a garbage idea of a "compromise" just like Anti-Venom was.

Eddie as Venom, doing the Lethal Protector thing IS the train being course corrected you stupid shit.

Eddie to me is Peter who really had a shit life. Forget Parker luck, the Brock luck is far worse. And while you can argue some of his misfortunes are his doing, it's human nature to derail yourself when shit hits the fan, and I liked that about Eddie. It's that loser quality and his attempts at validation that make him an interesting host, and why Venom really doesn't work without him.

Flash should have been Toxin if anything, but you greedy twerps want the name of "Venom" because it's established

This is pretty much true, although Eddie selling off the symbiote was the bullshit moment, not Flash getting it...Gargan was bullshit before Flash ever was so lets not get things twisted

This is stupid, and while Agent Venom was interesting for a brief moment, it ultimately was dumb. Venom....but with football pads and GUNS! Are you fucking five?

>And while you can argue some of his misfortunes are his doing, it's human nature to derail yourself when shit hits the fan, and I liked that about Eddie. It's that loser quality and his attempts at validation that make him an interesting host, and why Venom really doesn't work without him.
Exactly, this is what Flashfags don't get since they never were into Venom beforehand, the appeal of Venom is more than teeth and muscles, and Flash doesn't add up, Flashfags are just people who don't want to read Spider-Man cause he doesn't wear black, Eddie was an entirely different entity and entirely different set of problems and issues

Found the angry Eddiefag.

nah, Flash' alcoholism and wife (and war victim) hitting doesn't compare to Eddie's psychosis
He is a much funner read

Peter should just fuck the Venom symbiote already.

Nice rebuttal. Typical of a Flashfag who probably cares more about shipping than comics.

You don't stick in crazy, even if it's crazy alien.

In all seriousness though, is it just me or does the symbiote's obsession with Peter borders love sometimes?

>In all seriousness though, is it just me or does the symbiote's obsession with Peter borders love sometimes?

It's kinda the point yaknow, the symbiote and Eddie became the persona known as Venom because of mutual strong hatred of Spider-Man

That's... That's literally all it always were, user. The Venom symbiote is the cape lovecraftian equivalent of a bitter ex-girlfriend.
Says you're nothing without her, shows up every now and then with a "cooler" guy than you to make you jealous, and whenever you actually need to talk to her for whatever reason, she acts all high and mighty while secretly hoping ask her to come back. She would do it herself, but she's too proud, too self centered, and too arrogant to do so.
Besides, deep down she knows that she's not the best for you and you'll never want her back, and that drives her mad.

>It's kinda the point yaknow
>That's literally all it always were, user. The Venom symbiote is the cape lovecraftian equivalent of a bitter ex-girlfriend.

Well shit, it's just that I've read practically nothing with Venom on it and I don't enter those "symbiote threads", so it's a character I know very little about. I even used to think the symbiotes were mindless beings until a few years ago.
Has the Venom symbiote ever tried approaching Peter in a different way than throwing a fit of rage and revenge to get his attention? Like, trying to seduce Peter with a female host or trying to sneak on his apartment with its base form. I'm curious now.

>pic
Based as fuck.

You know, usually I would just tell you to read the comics and that would be the end of it, but you seem like a nice guy, also why the fuck not.
The symbiote never tried any kind of sexual seduction as that isn't even something it can do, and come on, Peter is not that dumb. At least not classic Peter. It prefers to seduce him with the one thing it can offer: Power.
Again, back to the bitter ex girlfriend comparison, it would be something in the lines of:
>"Hey, sweetie. It's me again. I was thinking back to the old days, you know? Remember how good it felt to be with me? All the fun we had? How it felt like we were at the top of the world and nothing could get in our way? Yeah, sure, some of your stupid friends didn't like it, but why would you care about any of them anyway? You had me. And you can still have. I'm willing to put all of this break up thing behind us so it can all go back to the way it was. All you need to do is swallow your pride, drop the goody two shoes act, and admit you need me as much as I need you. But know that, if I ever think that you'll try to leave me again, I'll make sure you'll regret it for as long as you live."

>Someone saved my image
Nice
The symbiote is basically a crazy ex who will never forget her first.

You made that awful picture? You should be ashamed

Venom is 100x more interesting than Eddie. this is a fact.

Any stories where Eddie abandons all of his humanity and just perma-lives as Venom?

>Weak fleshy legs
>No Achilles heel
Goddamn, that was clever.

"Venom" was Eddie. The symbiote prior to Eddie had no personality whatsoever, it was just Peters suit.

Also if you just want "monster venom", go read Ultimate or when Gargan was Venom, it's boring and retarded, you'd love it

Agent Venom > Anti-Venom > Venom > Toxin > Eddie Toxin > Venom Spaceknight >>>> Power gap >>>>> all other Venom hosts

Todd Macfarlane venom is best venom.

>Escaping from that prison took cunning and courage
>He suffocated a poor shmuck to death and made a break for it
Eddie stop lying, no one's even listening anyway

He had a scheme