So the symbol was explained, but I still don't get one thing

So the symbol was explained, but I still don't get one thing
Why the fuck is he blue?

Why is he bald?

Like those gods from those myths

Color of transcendence

Why the fuck are you whatever color you are?

Rayleigh scattering

>Why the fuck is he blue?

Because da ba dee da ba daa Da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa Da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa

Cherenkov radiation is blue

From his rapidly deteriorating relationships with other people and fatalist world view

Hes emitting high speed beta radiation and is 70% water.....

anyone have that virgin Roschach vs Chad Ozzy picture?

jesus dude you don't just ask why someone's blue

Wait, you think the symbol was explained?

That just leads to the question of why someone with godlike knowledge would be so in love with the inaccurate Bohr model of hydrogen.

He just blue himself.

maybe it's like with the old fashioned heart symbol - we know a heart looks nothing like that, but the symbol has accumulated so much meaning it's still widely used to this day
Dr. Manhattan may be godlike, but his very core is still human, making him ever so slightly sentimental

many thanks stranger

>muh works, ye mighty

He prematurely blue his wad

If you really want to go for a spin, before the interview he easily changes the hue of it to a darker blue.
Maybe he can only go from light to dark blue, but I get the impression with his mastery of matter and energy it's entirely up to him how he appears. Which only raises more questions.

Maybe that blue is the least troublesome to do?

When did he hit on his landlady?

When Rorshach is thrown in jail his landlady says he hit on her

maybe it's his way of distancing himself from humanity

Somebody should do one the other way around.

He doesn't care about his looks

Great, now I have that song stuck in my head.

Cherenkov Radiation

Yeah, but he can be any color he wants.

It's hydrogen dude.

Radioactive decay emits a blue light

Nuclear reactors glow that same shade of blue. Since he is now nuclear powered or whatever, so does he.

Pretty sure she made that up so the reporters would pay her more attention.

Fuck off, Billy Corgan.

Which characters have been blued so far?

Haha nice ones, reddit!

It doesn't work the other way. Nice try Walter, you ginger faggot.

▲▲

Fuck off Jason statham

I don't get

What color do you want him to be?

If he was green he would die

That's the whole point.

Cherenkov Radiation.

Because the whole thing is about "Atomic" and they wanted his symbol to be that lame ass Nucleus atom symbol, which is a really lame way of showing an Atom. he says it flat out "I respect this because of it's simplicity and it's relative accuracy compared to this nonsense"

Motherfucker respects hydrogen, I guess.

is he really nuclear powered though, or is it just a conscious reference on his part?
also, we know he can make his blue darker, does that require decreasing his power, or can he just manipulate his color at will?

Faggot in thread today

>muh works, ye mighty

I think this is the correct thread to ask for.
is the user that made the essay WHO WATCHES THE COLOUR here?
I really liked that work and I didnt really saved it.
does anyone have it?
Its a breakdown on how color matches the story of watchemen

Cherenkov Radiation doesn't really happen in air.

Cherenkov radiation.

People don't develop quantum reality powers by being disintegrated, either. Welcome to comics.

The Virgin Vigilante
The Chad Mastermind
The Beta Batman Rip-off
The Red-pilled War Hero
The Pushover Heroine
The Cucked Demigod

But this isn't just a comic. This is Watchmen. It's about REALISTIC superheroes.

it's just a deconstruction, it's not supposed to be 100% realistic

no it's not

Why are you autistic and why didn't your parents smother you when they could still claim crib death

is it really that autistic to ask why a demigod shown to be capable of altering his own appearance chooses to be blue?

KEK

Could be because of an electromagnetic shock front which gives off energy in the ultraviolet or the blue portion of the spectrum. He has to reassemble himself on the removal of his intrinsic field. He is constantly generating, pulling up stray electrons out of the ground to keep his atomic balance right. Some of these electrons are leaking off creating drain off radiation. By adjusting how fast they’re going he can adjust the hue and intensity of his glow.

source?

Actually, it's really not.
It's a deconstruction, which means it's done by removing the concessions that you'd usually make for capes.

You can't deconstruct the almighty super-hero type if you don't allow some impossible event to create them. Only autistic faggots actually care about things being all-caps realistic.

Because an assumption can be made that his form is naturally blue, and he doesn't care to change it?

It's like asking why someone with brown-hair choses for it to be brown, when they have the power to change that.