Action 987 Preview - The Oz Effect

Let's take a peek at The Oz Effect as we get ever closer to Action 1000. Brought to you by Dan "Doomsday" Jurgens and Viktor "Not Capullo" Bogdanovic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cEGY2jJwnDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's Pre-New 52 Lex Luthor.
And that's awesome! If Superman and Lois can survive a universe, there is no reason that Lex can't.

End

So if this was Jor-El, wouldn't the kryptonite be fucking him up right about now?

Kryptonite from other dimensions doesn't effect Kryptonians. Only Kryptonite from their own dimensions can hurt them.

This art is so weird, it really does look like knock off Capullo
Like the blonde looks exactly like the lady cop from Capullo's Gordon Batman run

Yep. It's Jor-El.
All of this is the same as the leaks a couple weeks ago. Him plucking kryptonite from Metallo confirms it.

What were the specifics of the leaks?

no its not user its fucking Jor El

his staff is shielding him see that blue aura around the kryptonite

"" Mr. Oz is Jor-El, he's basically trying his best to keep people from knowing about Manhattan because if people know about it Superman will confront him, something Jor-El doesn't want for his son as Manhattan will likely kill him. Oz is actually incredibly proud of his son and his grandson. Oz is operating in the Phantom Zone, but it's different than usual because he is able to make a pocket within it using kryptonian technology. Tim is off the table because he'd figure out something is wrong. Conner is taken off the table (hence why he's completely missing) because Oz feels Connor would tell Superman. Mxy was taken off because Superman being split in two was the safest way to keep Superman from Confronting Manhattan, so mxy couldn't be let out incase he fixes it. Oz basically kills metallo because of the threat that Kryptonite has to his son. Oz is "killed" by Manhattan at the end of the event which leads Superman into his mindset at the beginning of Doomsday clock. And just for some trivia, they chose the name Oz because they wanted to go for the "man behind the curtain" approach""

Wow, that's not even subtle

Why can't they ever keep Jor-El's look or the rocket's design consistent?

Where is Rorschbro?

Oh nice, someone actually saved my "leak". I made that up lads, though a lot of it will probably be true anyway

>dc intern clumsily tries to confuse us so we dont spread the leaks further and reach normie sites

I suppose because the rocket design isn't really important. Same for Jor-El's appearance. Neither are iconic. It's their purposes that are important. And usually both are brief plot devices to get Superman to earth.

I can live with Jor-El, but it is a bit dissapointing. I really was hoping for Ozzy to be playing the chessmaster, and win again, as in Watchmen.

Then again, I mostly just want the other characters to turn up, and Rorschach to get a better deal this time around. I always thought that Manhatten (given he has supposedly realised what walking miracles every human is by then) could have done better than vaporizing him, and it was just done for the sake of edge.

its kinda consistent

I kind of like the idea of Watchmen having some influence on the DC universe but I will be pissed if they bring back Rorscach considering he died in the original Watchmen. If someone took his identity after discovering his notebook it would be somewhat fine but the question is who will become the new Rorscach?

Oh fuck. They are going to leave him dead because people liked him, when he was intended to be disliked, and the 'political climate' and his 'far right' attitude not having a place. Fuck it all.

I wasn't reading Batman at the time, but it probably was the same character.

Maggie Sawyer was a Superman character before being moved to Gotham for Gotham Central, and was moved back to Metropolis for Rebirth.

Bardock appears in Dragon Ball Heroes and will probably get mentioned in super once Freeza betrays goku and universe 7 youtu.be/cEGY2jJwnDg

>Oz is Jor El

WE PARALLELS

Why do they hate superman with red undies?

Or maybe they draw the line at outright retconning/undoing aspects of Watchmen's story.

Doubtful. They are nearly at maximum milking with the blood-tear pin, the covers, Bruce meeting DadBats, and crossing them over at all. Considering the amount of Elsewords we have, why would they show any sort of delicacy at all when it has no bearing or effect on the original Watchmen books? Everyone will be a modernized version of themselves anyway, likely closer to the movie appearances than the comics, because some of those outfits would look out of place with the Rebirth outfits.

I hope he doesnt appear but this doesnt board well

I see Batman more as another Comedian type character rather than Rorscach.

the current theory is Manhattan has the trunks to cover his BIG BLUE DONG

Doc Manhatten is going to become the new Blue Lantern power battery entity, doubles of repeating order confirm.

but the rorsach journal quote saying if he's alive or dead

I'll be so happy when you clueless Ozymandias fags gets BTFO on Wednesday.

Did you really think that DAN FUCKING JURGENS was gonna introduce him into the DCU?

I wish there had been more with the Comedian. He was genuinely interesting, and I would have liked to see his growth from edgy patriot to bitter and jaded old man, rather than him basically being a plot device.

>Batman reading about whores and ungrateful fucks drowning in their own shit.

Bruce is in for a nice read.

>Hope
Manhattan is pretty much the epitome of apathy.

naw he hates hope thats why he destroyed the white lantern ring when Kyle tried to bring the blue lanterns back

>Ozymandias fags

Bro, Comedian, Rorsch, and Nite Owl are my guys, and Ozy was fucking dull. But he was still a more interesting idea than Jor-El. I mean, hell, it's supposed to be a crossover event, and it sounds like all we are getting is Big Blue Dong (minus Dong), the pin, and the journal.

It's a let down. They might as well have just done an Elseworld story where Clark landed on Watchmen Earth, and Superman was introduced to the world as the graphic novel started, and have Manhatten and Supes end up in conflict before the latter uses the power of hope to make the ending less cynical.

I'm a newfag to Lanterns but why does Kyle even have an orange ring? He seems like one of the genuinely few nicest people in the Lantern corps who isn't corrupted by greed or was that just bullshit to get him to become a White?

How many Journals does batman have ?
> Carter Hall's Journal in Metal
> Rorschach's Journal in Doomsday clock

Ozzy is explicitly facing off against lex in DC

yeah he had to master each of the emotional spectrum before they combined into the white lantern ring

Same first impression. I don't mind, I like Capullo's style.

>bottom panel
Reminds me of the JL trailer.

Punisher's War Journal

>that blue aura
I smell Manhattan shenanigans.

Y'know I'm glad Maggie is back Metropolis, she was wasted in Gotham, even she was still with Kate.
I get what you're saying but it IS the same lady cop. That's Maggie Sawyer.

Christ Supes. You didn't have to rip those doors apart like that.

Will this be the end of SuperLex ? That would be a pity, I liked this iteration of the character.

I wouldn't be surprised

Manhattan shenanigans are best Shenanigans

depends on what happens during the apokolips arc but its probably the end of superman Luthor as Bros after Oz was like YOU WILL NEVER BE HIM

theory is lex gets cancer in doomsday clock since it was teased at comic con and it leads to lex becoming a villain again. Plus we know Geoff Johns has a hard on for Lex so it makes since he would wrap up Lex's hero story.

they tease Lois getting cancer as superman's parallax delusions but give lex actual cancer thats ruff

>You just became bros with a guy who's hated your guts for decades
>He gets cancer and hates you again for some reason

God fucking dammit don't do it. Lex should've been the permanent anti-hero, not Harley.

I didn't know Kyle was a NINfag.

As much I love the classic green and purple LL suit I hope they at least let him keep his current costume. It's a nice ironic reflection of his nemesis.

Shit how many times does Metallo have to "die"?
Metallo used to be so based but now he's a shit tier villain. What happened?

I feel like it looks like Capullo's art before he started phoning it in. I loved Capullo, but his recent work has been kind of shit.

I remember when we all thought fake Clark was Superboy Prime. I think it's going to be a Lex Luthor, maybe Alex Luthor Jr from Earth 3 or Pre-FP Lex.

user no ....

Is that the third time counting STAS?

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed that his art has been lacking.

And that explains all the covers featuring Jor... how?

I have enjoyed and liked his art on NSM, but I'm not liking here.

Could Mr Oz be Superboy Prime?

He was wearing the same shirt in his origin story back in the 90's.

>It's Ozymandias really! DC forever soiled Watchmen!
So, so stupid. Same with the retards who though Comedian was gonna be in Superman and Niteowl was Gotham. It's like there's 2 distinct parties who push what they hate/like into reality yet both are as equally disappointed when it doesn't happen

>and win again, as in Watchmen.

He didn't win. And no I don't mean Rorschach's journal.

>You will never use remnants of his world again
If he's Jor El shouldn't he said 'remnants of our world'?

he's talking about his son. He's obviously gotten over the weakness and probably doesnt have a attachment to krypton cause they didn't belive him that it was going to blow up

those are pretty tame theories to the cancer ive seen on youtube vids about Oz

"He's Jor El but with Connor Kents Brain!"
"Its the Shape Shifting Matrix Supergirl"
" It's Future Jon"

Here's your #MAGA

Variant cover has him with hair

>Superman and Lois can survive a universe

They didn't, this Superman was Superboy from the beginning

So I guess it's 100% confirmed now, as if we needed it to be.
Is he from E3 or something or is he the OG?

This was always a nice detail I liked.

Kryptonite doesn't hurt kryptonians. The Kryptonite of their homeland hurts kryptonians.

Doug Funnys Journal

It's All-Star Superman.

Explain

Which iteration is this? New 52 or Geoff Johns?

He is suggesting it's homaging the ASS #10 cover, but it's too zoomed in for me to agree. Usually you do the pose exactly the same. Likely influenced by it though.

Nice man, I made it up after reading the metallo thing on Bleeding cool

Not sure if serious.

I've noticed Gleason has been drawing Lois with purple and green a lot in Supes. And then there's the LL connection.

I just can't help but think something is going to pay off there. It's been pretty clear and when he posted this on his insta the first thing I thought was "that looks like Lex armor"

It's Snyderverse Pa Kent. The tornado was actually Manhattan taking him off the movie screen into the funny books.

I've always thought she should have a bigger role. Why not make her Metropolis' Commissioner?

it is i reed it.

Metallo and Parasite get no love. Part of the reason Supes has such a weak rogues gallery is no one bothers to use the classics besides Lex anymore. They all want to make their own OCs.

I do think Metallo should ditch the Kryptonite heart for something else that can hurt Supes.

it is a superman i reed it.
Dark Nights: Metal #2 is soo good too . Batman actually freaking out and being scared himself.

I'm a bit lost now. This one it's the pre-52 Superman or not?

Lex is the second most famous supervillain around. He was never going to stay good.

Anyone else disappointed with Jor-El being Ozy?
I never expected it to actually be Ozymandias, but I just figured it'd be someone more interesting.