I see more open, unbiased political discussion (not joking) on this image board than i do on pic related

i see more open, unbiased political discussion (not joking) on this image board than i do on pic related

explain

All the Trump supporters left that place months ago. They're on r/worldnews and r/The_Donald

Reddit has a historically liberal userbase

Moderators on reddit come from the userbase

Moderators on reddit have far more power than jannies here.

Side note, I moderated a sub with around 50k users the mods were all aspergers, fat tumblrinas, or developmentally disabled. By their own admission. That's the kind of loser that does it for free.

>unbiased political discussion

>This
It's burned earth. Only vultures fighting over the bodies of their fallen issues.

The default settings on reddit will make any unpopular post invisible unless you know how to find it. Not possible here.

>no upvoting
>no downvoting
>more anonymous
>fewer swedes
>no karma
>fewer autistic mods

4chin is far from perfect, but it is the best we got

CTR controls r/news and r/politics

the admins don't really do anything to solve the CTR problem, or the_donald "problem", because they know after the election both groups will likely leave.

>implying unbiased political discussion exists

This. It also displays, in some way, the effects of big governance vs small governance.

Everyone's gonna see the issues from their own point of view.

The difference between reddit and here is that on reddit one side can easily be silenced with votes and moderation. There are tactics like thread derailing, sagebombing, sliding that can be used on Sup Forums but they aren't nearly as efficient.

I, too, hate reddit for what it is

what makes it really pop is those are all actual headlines from widely read '''news''' publications

>tactics to disrupt threads not effective on Sup Forums
True, but the perma sliding made it easier on Sup Forums.

The mods are CTR what do you expect? the_donald is pretty good though.

Still pales in comparison to, for example, an automoderator line that shadowbans any comment containing ['wikileak','assange','ctr', ...]

Fucking leddit.
>Hurr durr because 1/3 follow RAYCIS, We're implying they're all RAYCIS!
>Trump is literally Hitler, goy!
>Attorney General: REEE stop messing with a powerful womyn!
>Judge Judy/Jennie/whatever: FBI is right wing but I'm not calling out the media, academia and other letter agencies for being leftie like I am!
>Trump supporter voted twice, but let's ignore Dem voting using the names of dead people. Yeah, nothing to see here.
>You vote for Trump? No pot for you, you dege--you marijuana enthusiasts!

Something else that's kind of interesting.

It's much harder to ban evade on Sup Forums than it is on reddit. This means it's actually much easier for a single person to operate dozens of sockpuppets on reddit.

Sure enforced methods blocking content is absolute. A system that sacrificed innovation for stability is also not so easy to change (if one excludes corrupt mods)
Hate to defend plebit, but the Karma System makes it harder for sockpuppeteers (if one excludes bought accounts)

Regarding costs I think it is easier to influence Sup Forums, but there are no guarantees it doesn't turn back on the entity doing it.

>Hurr durr because 1/3 follow RAYCIS, We're implying they're all RAYCIS!
They're so full of shit even the 1/3 part isn't true. They get that by claiming jewish Mike Cernovich with the brown wife is a white nationalist

i believe we're living in a paradigm shift in regards to how people in this country obtain information. the old media was overshadowed by the new media, and the new media is now evolving into a form of the individual doing research or investigation themselves, using sources the old or new media would use also. the middle man of information is being cut out of the equation now, and soon platforms like /r/politics will be made obsolete

While this sometimes might be a Trump and NatSoc circlejerk (me included), there are some individuals here (5-10% of the polsters) who are extremely well informed and these individuals usually have opinion/way of expressions which would get them banned at shitholes like reddit.

The people on reddit usually discuss just current politics without any understanding of economy, history, geopolitics or philosophy. They talk about current happenings as if they were a black box and certainly not connected to something which is more than 2-3 years old. It's not that they wouldn't be able to connect the dots, it's just that they lack the knowledge to actually connect anything.

That's why everything they don't like is literally Hitler.

So that disgusting cuck only decided to vote for Clinton AFTER the FBI opened a criminal investigation?

Supporting Killary is literally a mental illness at this point

He doesn't exist. She's a cat lady rationalizing the shame of having trusted someone who is exposed as a crook more and more every day.

It's pretty easy to build up karma scraping tumblr, twitter, fb etc.

Censorship and free speech is tricky. It is bound up with the creative process. A government office for officially sanctioned artistic creativity might open and promise everything, but the Muses stay home.
You must have free speech just like an artist must open himself up to scary new directions. The real problem of censorship here is not exactly what is to be censored, but the underlying presupposition that the future is knowable. The future is not knowable. The people who are worst at predicting the future are those close to current success and power, because they will always involuntarily root for stasis. An innocuous good idea gets conflated with harm because it brings change with it.
Tldr you have to have free speech or none, the cleverest people in the world cannot make limited censorship work.

Cernovich is a white supremacist for saying that white people are hunted in South Africa?

The only thing reddit's good for is creepy shit, /x/ type stuff, scary stories. That's literally it. Oh, polandball too--which isn't PC, interestingly enough. But when it comes to any kind of overt political discussion, Reddit is complete shit.

as a german it doesnt scare me as much as a hillary presidency

Because any online community where moderators only accept certain points of view will (1) Ensure that you never see certain types of people, because they'll get banned, and (2) Attract people who can't handle hearing dissenting opinions. People who can't handle dissent are generally also the kinds of people who are incapable of looking at their own opinions objectively and critically.

I.e. "I mean, I get that Hillary deleted her emails and that was bad and whatever but don't people get that Trump is LITERALLY a RACIST?"

That's the opinion of somebody who's never encountered the other side -- they've only seen caricatures and CNN summaries of what their opposition thinks, which is why their own opinions are so ill-conceived. They haven't tempered their ideas in the flames of skepticism, so the standard of discourse gets lower.

Sure, we all call each other faggots here and every now and then Sweden shows up to tell us how much he likes sand-nigger cock, but aside from that, we're more capable of having actual discussions about things, because we can't prevent those who disagree with us from telling us that they think our opinions are shit. We can attack them and call them CTR and tell them to GTFO, but Sup Forums's moderation doesn't insulate us from these people, so we're forced to deal with them and thus develop arguments that can sufficiently account for the accusations and questions that they throw our way.

If you don't think all white people are inherently racist and deserve to be replaced you're a white supremacist.

Where do you go for free exchange of ideas these days?

Sup Forums is one of few free speech zones on the internet

are you stupid? most of Sup Forums IS r*eddit now. all the double digit IQ trumplets came straight from plebbit. you included, nice pic, fucking nu male kid.

i agree, many people are left unquestioned in regards to what they believe in or are talking about. they are never challenged and therefore do not know much of anything except what they're parroting from a buzzfeed article

Most people have a terrible understanding of Weimar Republic politics. They think Adolf Hitler got elected with the majority of the votes (he never even got close).

The Nazis never got close to a majority in the Reichstag, and Adolf Hitler got destroyed by Von Hindenburg in the 1932 presidential election. He was NEVER voted into office.

The Nazis should have NEVER had a foothold in government. However, the top political dogs of their day—Von Papen, Brüning, and Sleicher—all failed as chancellor. Hey, why not have some loser as chancellor instead of themselves? And we know how that story went.

The German establishment, in constant political conflict with itself, thought they could control Adolf Hitler. And in their stupidity, they ushered in a path to total annihilation for the German people in less than 12 years.

Nazi Germany is an example of how establishment politics and constitutional pillaging can ruin a nation. Donald Trump is the enemy of both. Go figure.

this

>leddit
What's that? Image macro thieves?

That just makes me appreciate Sup Forums even more. We get lefty threads all the time and they always Gary (you)s too instead of being canned

>Oct 25-28

I thought the FBI announced the reopen on Fri, Oct 28. What the fuck is this poll talking about even?

Hahaha. Good call out!

Fox News BTFO

>the admins don't really do anything to solve the CTR problem, or the_donald "problem", because they know after the election both groups will likely leave.

They did changed the front page algorithm to undermine the_donald because their posts were hitting the top all the time.

Exactly. The brutality and disregard for each other's feelings is what prevents idiots from remaining idiots here, or at least prevents from staying here long.

If I make a post on Reddit saying,
>"Why the hell is deleting emails so bad anyway? Like, I do that all the time. Trump's stuff is WAY worse."
I'm liable to be chided and corrected, but not called a fucking retard. People will say, "Well, it's more that she had state secrets on her email that's a problem, but I agree with you." And the result is that that moron with the terrible, ill-informed opinion gets to remain a moron. On Reddit, there's no forced lesson at the end of the episode for retards. On Sup Forums, and Sup Forums in particular, there most certainly is.

>he said unironically to someone browsing Sup Forums for years ...

>trumplets
>plebbit
>nu male

How to spot a redditor...

It's an ABC Wash post poll. 25-27 is probably where they got the 63% of people who don't care about Hillary being under investigation

>says others don't know about Weimar Germany
>unironically posts "they ushered in a path to total annihilation"

I mean one could read some books about how WW2 came to be, but that would cost time I guess. And also: why are the winning sides of the war also close to this annihilation today? All western countries are flooded by shitskins and low birth rates. Also the Nazis fault?

kek

he's just an australian

what the fuck is a "gold star family"

fuck off numale double digit IQ moron

On Sup Forums, your comment is only relevant if people are actually answering.

On reddit, early votes and karma whoring allow to push a post on the top and hide all the rest. Add some bullshit from the mods and you create a perfect echo chamber. We love to call Sup Forums an echo chamber but if you express a different opinion from the majority your post won't be hidden by "downvotes".

Reddit is only useful for the smaller, more specialized, sub where the number of votes is almost irrelevant.

Also, 14 years old tipping fedoras and discussing politics.

Cernovich is suing, lol

They're not ven saying white supremacist, they're saying white natilonalist. They just assume that there is something inherently immoral about white people caring about heir own heritagr and culture. These people would have no issue with a black guy in a "black power" t-shirt.

what a fucking bitch ass nigger motherfucking megaultra cuck. holy fuck what the fuck happened to germany

Exactly the reason I left reddit long ago and came here. In this last bastion of free speech on the internet, you have your ideas scrutinized and tested in trials by fire.

>(((ABC News)))
>(((Washington Post)))
Yeah, no.

Where did they get their sample? Harlem?

Fucking lying (((degenerates))).

>this butthurt over nothing
>doesn't even know Hjalmar Schacht

You can still think that the Nazis were idiots while also thinking that the nation state is the most preferable system of government.

>Hjalmar Schacht
He and Bormann are my favorite historical figures from that time period. Secret Germany is crazy stuff.

Let me tell you about the jews.