we're not changing our name, randos

Other urls found in this thread:

i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0379/04/1423348443826.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this is the best first page ever

2muchGerber4me

I'm beholding.

It's definitely a "let's open with a suicide joke" day

Damn didn't expect to relate this much to a duck.

There's that weird Dazzler facepaint again.

everything about this is #relatable

It was super-in during the 70s! You see it on her, Calorie Queen, Mariah from Warlord, etc.

SON OF ORIGINS

>It was super-in during the 70s! You see it on her, Calorie Queen, Mariah from Warlord, etc.
I hope it comes back in vogue someday

Son of the Bride of Origins

Nowadays you'd just make it neon.

Dave here knows how it works

Amaterasu from WicDiv is kind of in that style but it's way more neon and she's maximally annoying

I also find it kind of weird that Gillen deliberately avoided a number of current religions mythic figures and went right to her, but he just had to have his weeb story, I guess

I know someone ran it all, but maybe *we* should read Cerebus, lol

Maybe Gillen really liked Okami?

Who didn't like Okami, but her backstory is one of those complete fucking lectures to the audience, you know?

It would only take 1/3rd-1/2th of a year!

How long is Howard the Cuck? We could always do a strawpoll if too many suggestions are tossed out

You, a pleb:
>I've turned a picked handful of actual divinities into celebrity culture.
Me, an intellectual:
>Get this - a syncretic fusion of EVERY D&D RELIGION

Probably. Some of his game reviews are beyond cringe, I dunno if you've ever dipped toes into that.

He also wrote a comic called Crown of Destruction for $$$ which is one of the worst comics I've ever read.

(she talks about Okami and how much she ~identified~)

>95273608
original run is 31 issues

This what I get for phoneposting when taking a shit

That was on accident?

I laughed

>Pro-Rata, the mad financial wizard

this is too real

>(she talks about Okami and how much she ~identified~)
Just draw someone jerking off on the page, McKelvie.

holy fuck Peter's yellow shirt is awful

Yeah, I don't throw that word around intentionally

The Cosmic Dividend sounds cosmic as fuck.

When did Peter raid Luke Cage's closet? And why didn't he take one of those sweet tiaras?

Today's kids just can't relate to the name "JSA Storytime".

Let's consider some new names:
>EDM Storytime
>Comics/Pop Culture/Lifestyle Podcast Storytime
>Did You Know? Comic Book History: Behind the Hit Movies Storytime ft. Pewdiepie
>Kevin Smith Presents: Best of Marvel and DC Comics Storytime
>Anonymous Support Group for Cranky Posters and /d/ Addicts

>"Elitist Losers' Club"

Because we don't get to have nice things

I am really loving the art on this, too--Brunner has a great mix of cartoony and Frazetta going

You forgot "inspiring the hit tv show on the CW"!

Every once in a while it impresses me by pushing a character to a genuinely unlikeable place that I didn't think he'd go to, but it's always counterbalanced by the positional lecture

This seems the best fit.

>The Eltingville Club

>/fgs/
>FUCK grad school general

I mean, his art is already eerily close to Josman.

This duck barbarian is giving me King of Dragon Pass flashbacks.

i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0379/04/1423348443826.jpg

I'd like to think we're better than that.

Beep beep Buck Rodgers Beep Beep

at least some of us are women, so no

THESE ANONS... THESE MONSTERS!

that framing shot, lol

oh christ, now I can't unsee

btw we're not long for the world tonight because someone needs to take a few painkillers and go to bed early

Damn Metal sold an insane number of copies. I wonder how it will maintain as it goes on.

Mr. Miracle was much lower than expected, but every shop seemed to have sold their copies, so the drop between #1 and #2 might not be as steep.

You a victim of cold and flu season too?

Now here's a genre that's largely dropped out of the Zeitgeist

OP ES UN MARICĂ“N

Hey JSA user, I was reading your Omega the Unknown stuff and I was just wondering... what Opera do you like?

Zane Grey, more like Zane GAY!! Am I right, fellas?

I dunno what it is, but everything aches. I'm not looking forward to cedar season.

isn't Spanish gendered? don't you need the feminine, then?

It's not totally dead...but you don't see a lot of kids dressing up as cowboys on Halloween anymore

I've seen over a hundred different operas live and I like a lot of things, do you want like my very favorite works, or a rec list?

I mean there was... Pretty Deadly?

>>isn't Spanish gendered? don't you need the feminine, then?
That would be logical, clearly they should be calling you a maricxn.

that Bruce Lee t-shirt is fucking lit

There's a real decline (understandable) in the whole 'cowboys and Indians' thing, but the Western genre has also thoroughly deconstructed itself already so I wonder if there's not a "and what next?" to it

ali!

>tfw no New Vegas western comic

Well the trend now is for like a modern Western in the movies, right? No Country for Old Men, Taylor Sheridan's whole entire thing. Those are super macho, super Western movies.

A dynamite gift will never fade, but maybe you should turn it inside out before you wash it anyway.

I'd include Cormac McCarthy in the 'deconstructive' vein because it's very masculine-centered but hyper-violent and morally grey

(I saw the movie and have no desire to see it again--it's not that it's bad, I just don't really want to put myself through it)

And the best modern western...Big Trouble in Little China

Logan was a fun western.

this is the best sort of Spider-man usage

The Westerns I grew up on, mainly Clint Eastwood flicks, were already kind of like that so I find it harder to separate. People draw a line at Unforgiven but:
>masculine-centered, hyper-violent, morally grey
That's a hell of a lot of Eastwood movies. Some John Wayne movies too, but not like... Shane.

I'm not a McCarthy fan though. There are these fucking electric passages in his books but as a whole I find them so burdensome and so unrelentingly portentous that it stops having an impact. And he kind of does the same story over and over, with the same sort of transcendentally bestial villains.

Logan gets pretty on the nose about it too. I mean they fucking watch Shane in the movie.

This is funny because the Cuyahoga did infamously catch on fire, sparking such important legislation as the Clean Water Act

I have a consistent prejudice against a lack of punctuation

>I mean they fucking watch Shane in the movie.
Yeah, that was so blunt

A rec list would be great.

I miss Sup Forums's rec lists, but apparently they were a cancer destroying the board, and Sup Forums is now perfect without them.

That guy would just not shut up

I can take or leave it depending on the author and/or work. Like I'm generally a Selby fan but FUCK Waiting Period.

lol Cranky

So, hmmm. Do you want a kind of "watch this in order to see influence/style development" list, or something more "good for n00bs" (which depends for me heavily on what someone already knows/is interested in topic/genre-wise)....

>THE LIBERTY LEGION, WOOD-GOD, and MOON-KNIGHT
Tell me about the first two wise nerds of Sup Forums.

>The Westerns I grew up on, mainly Clint Eastwood flicks, were already kind of like that so I find it harder to separate.
I watched the dollar trilogy for the first time recently and it was very much a romanticization of spaghetti western narratives. I watched like 5 or something Leone movies in a row and kept hoping for some greater meaning or depth before I deduced that depth and consuming pure genrefiction is an oxymoron and that Sergio Leone is a hack. Maybe I'll watch some later movies or some better directors like Jodorowsky some day.

Low energy desu

Speaking of rec lists does anybody have the rec list of gay stuff
I think I remember one of the beefcake threads making one

I really don't like Cranky because of stuff like this. Well, this and seeing how Cranky isn't even consistent across arguments.

If you can't appreciate something like the hanging scene in Once Upon a Time in the West for itself then we're approaching the thing on totally different levels of taste in the first place, I can't relate.

Still fully in favor of Jodorowsky somehow being memed onto the new Star Wars trilogy. We missed dat Dune, karma has to come through somehow.

On a tangential note, my dad saw A Fistful of Dollars for the first time last year, and he don't really understand gravelly english all that well, so he ended up interpreting the plot like it was Star Wars.

Cranky usually plays nice now and I'm unconvinced that's even him, chill out senpai.

But I want to rabble rouse...
I just really miss having those threads without people shitposting in them.

Nah, it was him. I think he's turned around on it a bit though.

As long as you don't say that you like Azzarello's WW

Sup Forums isn't going to get any better for as long as "here's some random bitch on tumblr who pissed me off, let's argue about Islam for 500 posts" stays up desu. You can still post your recs.

Gotta love Spidey "saving" them there.

EVEN IF IT'S YOURSELF!

This just makes me say WHERE IS MY SNAGGLEPUSS COMIC GODDAMMIT

Sure some set pieces are fun and maybe there's some clever cinematography but as a whole they're very mindless, surface level study of the period or the subjects. And you can pretty deduce Leone's visual language by watching just a single movie. I mean fuck I wasn't expecting some Antonioni, Bergman or Tarkovsky but yeah they were really fucking disappointing. They are schlocky as fuck and I wasn't expecting pure schlock.

Right next to the Top Cat comic!
It's in my genes!

thanks for reading I'm going to curl up into a ball

Tarkovsky is god-tier shit

Night OP!

Hey OP.

I have no idea if anyone saw this earlier today, so I'm reposting it: Does that weird, like half face covering disco makeup have a name? Comic books seemed to love it, whatever the hell it was.

Thanks!

Goodnight OP. When are we on next?