THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Duology

Let's discuss what actually went right.

>Andrew Garfield was a good Peter Parker and a great Spider-Man.

>Emma Stone was a great Gwen Stacy and their romance was very well-done.

>Flash Thompson, Uncle Ben, Aunt May and Captain Stacy were all great.

>Harry Osborn was good up until he actually injects the spider venom.

>The mechanical webshooters, quips, webswinging and action scenrs were on point.

>Both scores were good.

>ASM2's suit was perfect.

>ASM2's cinematography and color palette were very comfy.

>The Times Square battle.

>The crane swing.

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I liked the part where George Stacy and the cops were actually pretty competent.

I hate how Homecoming made everything feel so...small. Say what you will about the other Spider-Man films, but at least they felt big in scope.

Go fuck yourself, faggot.

SNOOOOOOOORE

>The Gwen relationship was awful. She should have [i]hated[/i] Spider-Man and made him unable to tell her who he was. It was just boring otherwise.

I kind of liked what they were doing with Electro but I think the movie needed to give him a little more focus. He feels like an afterthought and the movie spends more time trying (and failing) to build up the Green Goblin. They should've started Harry's plot in ASM2 but let Electro be the central villain, and let Harry become the Goblin in ASM3.

Garfield was a great spider-man but I hated his Peter.

Uncle Ben was okay, I don't even remember Flash.

Action scenes in 2 were good, only scene in 1 that I liked was when he crawled all over Lizard like a spider would, which is something that other movies never really showed spider-man doing.

And yes the suit was good in 2.

Peter Parker falls in love with Mary Jane Watson.

Unable to confess, the wall crawler is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when the spider-based superhero recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of the MARVEL MULTIVERSE.

I honestly don't hate either of the movies. They did some terrible things, sure, like all the things they did to change the origin were retarded, but I still generally liked the portrayal of Spider-Man and Peter.

Emma Stone had good chemistry with Garfield too. I thought her death scene was 10/10 aside from the dumb web hand.

And Flash Thompson was legit perfect, it's a shame they barely touched him in the second movie.

FINDS

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825

I actually think TASM 2 isn't that bad. It's not a good movie but it's serviceable IMO.

>Andrew Garfield was a good Peter Parker
no.

>Flash Thompson, Uncle Ben, Aunt May and Captain Stacy were all great.
no.

>Harry Osborn was good up until he actually injects the spider venom.
no.

>The crane swing.
jesus fucking christ NO

>hipster skateboarding douche Peter Parker
>Gwen Stacy being good at all...in anything
>all that teen romance crap to appeal to the Twilight audience
>Flash, Ben, May were all crap compared to Raimi trilogy - especially Ben
>Harry was laughably crap
>forgettable/mediocre scores compared to other superhero films, especially Raimi trilogy
>ASM2's suit was the discount Halloween store version of Raimi suit

ASM movies were crap. Homecoming was almost as mediocre as them.

>Andrew Garfield was a good Peter Parker and a great Spider-Man.
No. If you think so, you've failed to understand the character on such a fundamental level that I don't even know what to say to you.

>Emma Stone was a great Gwen Stacy
Except she was absolutely nothing like Gwen Stacy in any way.

>their romance was very well-done.
It was like a bad tween romance movie "lol we're so awkward, we're in love!" with Twilight-tier drama.

>Harry Osborn was good
Harry is supposed to be Peter's link to "normal" people. He's an average guy who tries to be a model son for his dad, but fails to get his father's affection. None of that was present in the movie, instead he was some kind of edgelord rich kid.

You sound like a dumb teen who knows basically nothing about Spider-Man but think you do. The "quips" and the mechanical webshooters were shit emphasized just to get morons to go "wow doesn't he do that in the comics, this is so much better than the other movies!" and it looks like you fell for it. You also fell for the headache inducing wubstep action scenes made just as fodder for trailer clips.

These movies were made by committee and feel like it. They're like processed meat off of an assembly line made solely to look good in a trailer and to have things for them to go "look this thing is more like the comics, get excited guys!". If you like these, you are a mindless hog eating up Hollywood swill, you are a trained seal clapping when they flash the colorful lights at you.

Because otherwise the Avengers would have intervened, or at the very least Iron Man would.

You have to take in account the other Spider-Man films weren't part of a shared universe with already established heroes running around.

Wait is this Ket Ai's actual plot? It actually sounds pretty interesting.

I haven't seen Homecoming yet, how does it hold up compared to the Raimi and ASM films?
Holland seemed like a pretty good Peter from the bits in Civil War at least.

>Except she was absolutely nothing like Gwen Stacy in any way.

Neither were any version of the lead characters from any Spider-Man movie.

It's pretty lame. I'd pick ASM over it.

The Vulture was excellent, though.

If you want to watch an hour of Spider-Man slobbering on Iron Man's Iron knob, then Homecoming will be just fine.
Otherwise, you should skip it.

And? When did I say anything about the other movies?

Confirmed you don't watch it. Tony Stark was in the movie for less then 20 minutes. And Peters whole final confrontation with Vukture was without the Stark suit and he rejected Tony's Avengers until he was ready. You totally missed the arc.

Better than the Raimi movies

"Less than 20 minutes" of a two hour movie is a pretty significant chunk for someone who's not the lead.

Tony doesn't even have to be in the movie for Spider-Man to be sucking his dick. It's all he fucking talks about. Mr. Stark this Mr. Stark that. Fucks sake they really were leaning on that Stark crutch hard.

Spider-Man's a street-level hero. It's on you for thinking he'd be Avengers-level. Small scope isn't a bad thing either, as shown with Daredevil, the first half of Luke Cage or Legion

>people wanted this weak shit "hero" in the MCU
fucking why? He's not even entertaining because his street level shit has no stakes.

>That montage

>AND I WOULD DO IT FOR YOUUUUUUU
>FORRR YOOUUUUUUUU

>Everything has to be a global threat to be interesting
user, you're stupid

>ASM2 suit was perfect
>That shitty huge spider symbol halfway down his abdomen
>Those shitty bulbous eyes

It's a fucking superhero movie, it's supposed to have spectacle. If it doesn't what's the point?

Holland's great, if you like him in cw chances are you'll enjoy homecumming. I'd rank it just below the first two raimi movie.

It can have spectacle while still being small-scale. There are plenty of colorful villains that only Rob banks for example.

>Good second costume

All I got.

It's not about being Avengers level. It's about creating a scope that looks larger than life in a small scope.