Angelina Jolie won't stop until you've watched this movie. Also, it's a Cartoon Saloon film

Angelina Jolie won't stop until you've watched this movie. Also, it's a Cartoon Saloon film.

youtube.com/watch?v=yQBQw-Bh1pg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OmuzyWC60eE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>obligatory inflammatory response that says something about Islam

It looks like the story is going to be kinda generic but i will probably watch it for the animation once it shows up on torrent sites

I wouldn't even say there's an explicit connection to islam. Just seems like a coming of age story set in a different culture. I'm interested

I remember reading that book in school. I'm suprised it's getting an adaptation.

It feels so uninspired, but can't put my finger on why.

Hmmm that little boy is really cute..... b-but I'm not gay!! I swear! No homo! It's jus-oh it's a girl. I mean...I knew it was a girl! I fuckin' love pussy!

Oh gee, What could she possibly mean by this?

I don't know since Islamic demons are weird.

Elephant spider?

This book don't sugar coat Islam, user. I mean, there's a "religion of peace"esque line, but it is veryclearly pointed at the Taliban (as in, a "you're hypocrites" thing).

>red elephant
I guess?

Jolie is a wackjob who feels more love for her adoptive black kids than her own biological daughter

Explain yourself, fag.

Not gonna be as good as Persepolis, right?

>give muslim girl a hijab
>hmm something's missing
>mess up the hijab enough so that you can actually see enough hair and face to register it as a human being and not some weird sexless pigeon-like creature
>perfect, now white liberals will feel validated without having to feel any sense of cultural dissonance

Wow, I LOVE falafels you guyz, nomnomnom!

Have you tried that new palestinian chicken place? They have a belly dancer bring you your order!

This is unironically the strength of multiculturalism. They bring the tasty, tasty food, we bring the gender equality.

>We'll let you keep all the parts of your culture that we like

Could you be anymore tonedeaf and condescending? Why even pretend multiculturalism is viable when no meaningful dissent is allowed from the monoculture?

Your "universal" values are the product of white, European culture and it's naive and destructive to imagine you can force wildly different cultures to conform to your ideals.

Because that's what Multiculti is? It's the subversion of actual culture in favor of a themepark mishmash of streetfood and meaningless aesthetics under one Western morality.

Except there's no gender equality in the west.

Never said anything about forcing, user. It just happens as migrants come to superior countries for a better life and the younger generations choose to integrate into the superior culture -- which is superior because it's built from the best parts of all the others. is right.

relatively speaking

Wait, Cartoon Saloon has a second film in production alongside Wolfwalkers?

Mixed feelings, one hand I like their work and more is great but at the same time I don't want it to go overboard and sacrifice quality for quantity.

Coming out: whenever the fuck

If you think is supporting the Multicult, you're wrong.

So fuck this cartoon

Done. Watched it. All 40 episodes, in one siting. It was not what I expected judging by your poster. And can you tell me, which one of ducks Angelina voiced? The twerking one or the tall one?

Isn't she pumping her kid full of sex hormones, or is that fake news? I don't get how even the trannies on this board can approve of that sort of shit, but what the hell, the brave new world is coming; I'm sure gay pedo sex will be legalized in the next couple of decades.

Did you like it?

Who gives a flying fuck what other people do. You're thinking about gay pedo sex WAY too much son.

Isn't this just about muslim women being treated like shit by muslim men or something?

Takes place in Taliban-era Afghanistan. Little girl whose father gets thrown in prison, so she has to disguise herself as a boy so she can be her family's breadwinner, hence the name.

>Afghan Mulan by the Song of the Sea people
Yeah I'll watch it.

I wonder how jealous Samla Hayek gets that Angelina Jolie's pet sorta-muslim-but-not-really animated movie gets a lot more talk than hers ever did.

Americans don't even know what book this is based off of, even though that book is famous everywhere else.

Not them but I recall it being fairly enjoyable considering how much I resented being made to read it. It's subject matter is pretty dark for a children's book tho.

It's mostly about the Taliban treating everyone like shit.

Was this any good?

I wouldn't say that. Also the author is American.

The animated vignettes made by various animators based around Girban's poems were fantastic. The lazily written and animated framing story? Not so much.

>Also the author is American.
He was Lebanese and moved to America later.

The guy moved when he was 12.

>Angelina Jolie

I don't care about her I would've wanted to watch this film either way.

See, this is his you do Muslim centric stuff.

>there's a "religion of peace"esque line, but it is veryclearly pointed at the Taliban (as in, a "you're hypocrites" thing).

That is hopeful then. I'll check it out because Cartoon Saloon is pretty good for their movies (Secret of Kells / Song of the Sea mutually being different but still enjoyable films) and I want the studio to continue to do well.

Can't say I'm real happy with the religion of peace when it comes to how it's treating everyone in Europe right now.

So I like Cartoon Saloon but... does anyone feel like this film might just be Oscar bait? Not trying to throw 'mah feminism' comments here or anything like that.

I just have to wonder if the story is actually good or if they are trying to hit all the right buttons to get accolades from the various (corrupt) mainstream award committees. (And why would they bother, when we know how those committees never seem to watch the damn films more than 1/6th of the time.)

Summarize for me, what's this about and why is it famous?

>Angelina Jolie
Dropped.
(Unsolicited comments about Islam)

Surprisingly civil discussion. Good job Sup Forums!

Some cultures are better than others. That's just a fact. They should be glad that we accept even one thing that they have. No one is obligated to accept all cultures.

Kek user.

muslim does muslim things
popular because "oooh excentric!"
same old low quality shlock for the masses

>tries to describe thing so as to make it sound bad
>makes it sound good instead

Gay pedo sex is already completely legal as long as you're (((rich))) enough.

Those silly Taliban need to learn their God is a weakling usurper!

*sacrifies toddler*

>Implying pigeons aren't sexy
>He's never made sweet love to a pigeons asshole with his finger

What are you, a faggot?

>It's subject matter is pretty dark for a children's book tho

Yeah the one thing I remember most about that book from school was how they described that the taliban would disguise bombs as toys to blow up children.

The book poems about various things in life like love, death, work, child rearing, etc.
It's famous because lots of people read it liked it.

The movie has a framing story around those poems that really doesn't matter
It's famous because it's produced by Salma Hayek, directed by the Lion King director and with animated vignettes by great animators like Tomm Moore, Bill Plympton, Joann Sfar, Gaƫtan & Paul Brizzi, ...

Neither off them is about Islam really.

I'm glad they teach kids how terrible terrorism is. I feel like western culture tries to ignore things like that in general, even natural death,, and it can really help people be humble and appreciate how fucking great north america is.
I hope this movie doesn't go in the religion of peace dindu nuffin direction if you know what I mean.

>creators of secret of kells

yeah it's highly likely that i'll watch this

Weren't the people in that movie Christians though? There was alcohol and I think some crosses.

I'd rather this movie win an Oscar than Coco or Cars 3.

Save that discussion for the upcoming Bubbles animated movie.

You should check out Song of the Sea from them. It's got a different vibe but still great.

Can't argue with that.

They weren't any identifiable religion.

LMAO wtf is this PC diversity bullshit, Libshits were so butthurt by Trump that they got the hollywood jews to make this cringey lame bullsh*t

>I mean, there's a "religion of peace"esque line
Can we please stop with this catch 22 bullshit that W Bush came up with?

>song from the sea

i already saw it. it was a bit tedious but still decent

9/11 was an inside job

youtube.com/watch?v=OmuzyWC60eE