Vicki Vale

How come she's so underused in Batman media? It looks like The Batman vs. Dracula is her only major animated appearance...

BLAND

Hey, at least she gets used in media at all (probably because her most high-profile media appearance is Batman 1989). When was the last time anyone used Linda Page?

She's a reporter. Supes and Flash already have/have had reporter love interests.

She cameos in BATB

I don't think anyone knows what to do with her.

Because she sucks

Also Iris and Lois are better than her

Can we just ditch Iris already and give Barry a new love interest? Im hard pressed to think of when she was written worth a damn.

Telltale game.

Nothing but a less interesting Lois Lane.

I did like what Telltale reinvented her.
Hope to see that version of the character pop up more.

She's an artifact of the 50s, when Superman was more successful so Mort Weisinger just copy-pasted a bunch of Superman supporting characters into the Bat-books.

Bat-Mite has held up the best of those, because he's Mr. Mxyzptlk with a clever twist - he's a higher-dimensional fanboy instead of a straight-up antagonist, and he's only become more relevant as a meta-commentary device as Batman has become more and more popular.

Ace the Bat-Hound is just a dog, that sometimes wears a mask. Dogs are awesome.

Vicki Vale is... just Lois Lane, but with red hair and a camera. So Jimmy Olsen meets Lois Lane? Whatever, Lois Lane's relationship with Clark while Vicki Vale's has remained permanently stuck in that dated, 50s "Oooh, if I could just PROVE Bruce and Batman are one and the same, but my feminine intuition keeps being stymied by big square-jawed men role-playing as each other!" schtick. ALL SHE HAS is her desperate need to prove her journalistic instinct, and then... what next? Red Robin had her figure out the whole Bat-family's identity, just to go "But don't worry I won't tell no one" and then they started to retcon her backstory to make her the descendant of one of Ra's al Ghul's old enemies and give her some convoluted reason to Matter.

But she really doesn't..

Telltale I think hit on the right general idea by making her a villain, but they went so far it might as well have been a complete OC.

I'd try to split the difference, have Vicki Vale still be the reporter who wants to expose Batman for fame and fortune rather than revenge, but have her be a bit more ambitious and dangerous in how she gets her photos - like posing as a super-criminal to lure Batman and Robin into unmasking-traps.

I dunno man, The Batman managed to have them be completely separate characters, of whom Vicki was by far the more interesting one. (Admittedly Lois didn't get much screentime in the show, though.)

Lois Lane is already a shitty character and Vicky Vale is just a somehow-lamer rip-off of her. Her continuous existence is retarded due to the blatant copying of Lois's "investigative attitude," occupation, and the alliterative names. Vicky never caught on much and Batman surpassed Superman in popularity a long time ago, so there's no good reason to keep including her in stories.

Because as a love interest, nobody gives a shit about her save for hipsters who want to be contrarian little faggots who pipe up with "WELL ACTUALLY, THERE'S ALSO VICKI VALE AND JULIE MADISON!" when somebody claims that Selina and Talia are the only Bruce Wayne love interests that matter anymore.

She's bland. She has nothing going for her that hasn't already been done a thousand times better by Lois Lane, and the only purpose she should ever serve is a familiar face on the TV screen giving updates on the latest crazy outbreak in Gotham, and an occasional Batman informant.

Would Bruce even be happy with her?

The only thing I can guess she'd offer is a chance at a normal happy life, but being Batman means that'll never happen.

haha

Where is Bat-Mite anyways he got referenced to in Reborn when Mxy was trapped in oz prison

Vicki didn't get much screentime, either. She was just a forgettable love interest in The Batman vs Dracula. And only because the "Dracula attempts to vamp the hero's love interest" is the spine of the classic Dracula story, you coulda used Julie Madison or Vesper Fairchild or any of a thousand interchangable women in that role. What did you find so distinctive about her there?

Bruce wouldn't be happy with anyone

besides a plutonic relationship with Alfred

>Plutonic friendship
>Plutonic
So, Alfred is a ghost Butler?

She was in one of the Burton films

I know it's not animation in the typical sense but she is featured very prominently in the first season of the telltale batman series.

Honestly, she may as well have been a new character given how different she was from every other version of Vale.

>I'd try to split the difference, have Vicki Vale still be the reporter who wants to expose Batman for fame and fortune rather than revenge, but have her be a bit more ambitious and dangerous in how she gets her photos - like posing as a super-criminal to lure Batman and Robin into unmasking-traps.

I like this idea. Reminds me of one of my favorite one-shot villains, but with an even better twist.

>Batman wonders what twisted villainous plan is afoot
>murder? mind control?
>Nope, just a sensationalist reporter looking for the scoop of a lifetime

>What did you find so distinctive about her there?
Probably the fact that in a few lines of dialogue she managed to have more character depth than most of the non-core cast of The Batman combined.

His boyfriend the Joker will be very sorry to hear that

Barry doesn't deserve anyone better than her and it would fuck up the family tree even more to do that.

How so?