Spider-Man the most loved but most mistreated hero, popularity comes at a price for this boy...

Spider-Man the most loved but most mistreated hero, popularity comes at a price for this boy, he cannot have good movies and his comics have been lacking since the 90s and some more discerning folk would even say before that, I love and pity the one known as Spider-Man

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man was pretty good.

>cannot have good movies
He has at least 4

Spider-Man 2 is one of the best capeshit movies ever made

Why doesn't anyone on this board want to talk about comics?

Oh yeah I liked that one too

How would he handle a public masturbater with super agility and super strength?

>implying that'd be a challenging problem for him

>He has at least 4
Only Spiderman 1& 2 were good.

But he also has the power to turn other people into public masturbaters. How is he going to stop all those public masturbaters?

>Spider-Man 1 and 2 were good

What a memer we have here. Nobody who has seen these movies recently could possibly have that opinion.

>AUNT MAY...IS SHE AN ANGEL?
Fuck off with your maudlin bullshit

T. Autists that have never read a Spidey comic in their life.

What? I surely hope you misread and didn't mean to quote me, you fucking faggot

Cry about movies on Sup Forums faggot.

60s spidey:classic. Goofy fun
70s spidey: somehow even goofier except for some kconic dramatic moments
80s spidey:tons of cheesecake with some more mature storylines and also goofiness
90s spidey:edgy. Spidey LOOKED cool but many stories were just boring
00s edgy but overall better than the 90s
Modern spidey: pretty much a different character. Can be entertaining sometimes but we all just want a different writer already

You're lying if you said you never watched a comic book movie, fuck off faggot. I'm likely older than you and likely actually own more fucking Spider-Man comics than you, I still watch the movies, know why?

They're based on the comics. Eat shit poseur.

Now this is contrarian.

90's Spidey was the best look he ever had

>RYV exists for people who wanted OMD retconned and is arguably the only good spiderman book right now
>homecoming is arguebly the best spiderman movie even if the highschool parts sucked
>the new cartoon looks pretty good
>insomniac's game seems pretty optimistic
>"WAHHH WHY CAN'T WE HAVE ANYTHING GOOD?!"
spiderfags are incapable of being happy. i don't see how this anything new.

What were the four good spiderman films then?
ASM films were garbage and Spiderman 3 and Homecoming were mediocre as fuck.

>the new cartoon looks pretty good.
kek

I think op is just a faggot. He said we've had nothing good for Spider-Man since the 90s but since the 90s we've had a ton of good shit.

>spectuaclar Spider-Man was awesome
> several good movies
> despite some contrarians the ultimate Spider-Man comic is widely praised.
> Except for some obvious lows, jms Spider-Man run was pretty good.
>With as much hate as slott gets, his run started off pretty well and while most of his stories are pretty mediocre only a few have been bad.
> Spider-Man and the x men was good
>new Spider-Man game looks bad ass
> Spider-Man and deadpool is pretty good

Is he at the best he has ever been in some areas? no he's not but he's not in a bad position. For a character that's been around as long as he has been there is no way he will always be great. Look at Batman and superman. They had bad times and good times but are very much loved

There has never been a good Spider-Man film, there have just been ok films named Spider-Man, no Spider-Man movie captured who he actually is as a character

Homecoming was garbage to anyone who read Spider-Man books, and the new cartoon is shit, there are like 7 episodes out or something, I watched them, apparently you haven't yet are including it in a list of things you deem to be good

Don't see how

>the new cartoon looks pretty good
Have you watched it?

Reading makes my brain hurt, I need my entertainment loud and flashy and packaged into an easily digestible 90 minute form.

Please just slash your wrists already, Brockfag. The world would be a much better place without your autistic ass in it.

>his comics have been lacking since the 90s
I mean, you could just admit you didn't read the JMS run.

Even if you didn't like the totem stuff, there was still plenty in there that was fantastic and not magic based.

>anyone who disagrees with me is LE CAWTWAWIANS
Just fuck off, retard. USM was a shitty book and the sole reason it is praised is nostalgia.

I smell a fanboy who wants to sniff Flash Thompson's jock strap

>RYV
>good
I'd take Slott's utter retardation over Conway's boring lifeless writing. At least the former is good for making fun of. The latter puts you to sleep.
If they wanted old guard, they should've hired Stern instead, he actually has talent and can make you give a shit about characters, while with Conway I couldn't care less if the comic's entire cast gets burned alive because of how bad Conway is at characterization.
Conway should stick to TV scripts. He sucks as a comic writer.
>b-but he's a legend because of one arc that is known solely for pushing boundaries (read shock value) at the time rather than a good writing
Oh, great. Slott is a visionary genius then if that's a requirement to be considered a great Spider-Man writer.

There's a question of where you go with Spider-Man now that other characters don't have for some reason.

You can't keep doing stories about a young, down on his luck superhero because that's been done for years and he's in his 30's now, but you can't do stories of him getting older, starting a family and dealing with age because Quesadilla and muh movie synergy.

I think stuff like Superior Spider-Man, Horizon Labs and Parker Industries are decent enough ideas because how else are you supposed to develop this character at this point when most of his supporting cast are dead or written out of his life? It's hard to blame them for throwing shit at the wall when corporate have taken so much off the table.

My apologies for spending all those years thinking you're perpetually 15. You're 12 actually. Mistakes happen, y'know like your birth was.

I think user is doing that thing called "generalizing," user. There's always at least ONE good Spider-Man story every two years, whether it's in ASM or not. It's just that he's been in a lot more bad than good for like 20 years.

They should make Spider-Man stories about the villains doing day to day stuff where Spider-Man barely shows up. It would be great for giving more depth to his rogues gallery, which then may open up some new ways for them to interact with each other and Spider-Man himself.

Slott stopped being fun to meet at years ago. Stuff like Clone Conspiracy is devoid of any emotional reaction aside from wanting to tell him to fuck off. Apathy is too emotive to describe it.

I like the idea of that, but too bad Marvel will make that a shitty quirky "comedy" book. I'd actually like villains SoL played straight.

Joe Kelly's Deadpool/Spider-Man team up is pretty fun so far but I would say Venom has taken a much bigger hit because he's had no real progression in terms of characters because ASM 90s fags keep ruining him. Anti-Venom was a nice step forward but that got retconned.

Fair enough but
>devoid of any emotional reaction aside from wanting to tell him to fuck off. Apathy is too emotive to describe it.
is also how I feel about RYV. Stegman's one issue so far was the only good part about the whole run and he's leaving soon.

I don't see how completely average superhero antics could get you there.

Slott's run the outrage well so dry there's no feeling left, just contempt. Conway's just writing a kinda boring book. I don't see how you could place the former above the latter.

"Quirky" comedy is so overused these days if somebody played something straight they'd be considered completely revolutionary. I don't know how they expect anyone to get invested in these stories when they keep giving the reader a sideways glance going, "comics are weird am I right?"

Expectations, mostly.
Slott relegated all of Peter's supporting cast to being one-dimensional caricatures at best even though Spider-Man is at his best when he has good character interactions (that's the reason people are willing to forgive JMS for some of downright shit ideas), so I never had much hope in him in the first place.
Conway, as much as I dislike him, at least wrote a pretty good MJ once. Plus I thought he'd get better with age and experience granted that his first Spider-Man run was written when he was a teen.

I feel like you could easily do Spider-Man well, he never needs to move past "down on his luck super herp", sure he can get older but he can still be the same guy

Make it about Peter wanting to live a normal life while balancing his hero business, he doesn't need to become a millionaire or a super scientist or anything, he can be the average Joe

Anti-Venom didn't get retconned, it just got finished as a story

You gotta realize that's on you, man.

It's just a mediocre book, no more, no less. I think Slott's trying to see what he can get away with at this point; his writing is so on the nose and simple you could tell me a child wrote it and I'd fucking believe you. It's boggling.

He's still better than modern Bendis, sadly, and I'd prefer Slott keeping things indefinitely in stasis to Brian's insistence on everything be as he wants and self/child-inserts.

The only explanation for the quality drop of his first Spider-Man run to the run he shits out these days I can think of is that he started buying into his own hype way too much.

Spider-man is one of the worst heroes to have become popular because alot of what makes him appealing is his everyman nature. By becoming popular, alot of that is lost with him becoming more involved in big events, or given shitty, gimmicky ideas to push simply because of the brand name.

He is far more relatable than Superman and Batman, but by the same token, far less universal imo.

>>RYV exists for people who wanted OMD retconned and is arguably the only good spiderman book right now
That isn't a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it exists and I'm glad that it illustrates that OMD only served to worsen the character, but it is undeniably bad that the only good Peter Parker book is an alt universe book whenever he has multiple other books coming out.
>>homecoming is arguebly the best spiderman movie even if the highschool parts sucked
It had its problems but it was alright.
>>the new cartoon looks pretty good
This has to be a joke.
>>insomniac's game seems pretty optimistic
Of the five characters shown that I can recall, two were Slott characters and one was Miles who they already said wasn't just a cameo. I'd like more than anything for it to be good but I'm really not counting on it.

Hmmm

>his comics have been lacking since the 90s
>implying Straczynski run is not one of the BEST fucking eras for Spider-Man because of one shitty arc amongst dozens of great stuff
>implying Peter Parker Spider-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man by Paul Jenkins are not some of the most interesting takes on the Spider-Man mythos ever
>implying all of Brand New Day was bad
>implying Slott sucked before vol. 3
Normie gtfo.

Raimi Spiderman 1&2 are capekino

Shit is a more appropriate term
>unfaithful to source material
Check
>makes a joke out of comic boos
Check
>does every cliche in the book
Check

Raimi is a hack, only decent thing he ever did was Evil Dead

spotted the contrarian

go be pathetic somewhere else

Please and I say this with sincerity go fucking kill yourself.

Please and I say this with sincerity read a comic book.