Who /elsagate/ here?

Who /elsagate/ here?
If you've dug into that shitheap and found some gems, please share them here

Ok I know about these videos but what happened to earn the gate suffix?

Sup Forums and /x/ are convinced it's orchestrated by pedophiles cooperating to brainwash a generation of children. While probably not true I can't say that I blame them for getting worked up about it, the sheer scale of the phenomenon and how YT has done absolutely nothing about it is spooky as fuck

WHAT THE FUCK

some of the videos have fake thumbnails, but many have content that is decidedly not appropriate for the age group they target

I honestly kind of like some aspects of some of this stuff.
Maybe I am just looking at the less bad varients because I have never seen stuff like

I am pretty sure the reason more and more of these get made and nobody does anything is because now people actively look for it and watch it.
Just look at how many hits these videos have just from people probably looking around for these shock factor conspiracy things.
Also some of the words in the captions make me think they just make videos based off of the top google searches.

I can't say anything on that but what I don't get is that YouTube is cracking down on everything but these videos.
Why hasn't marvel or Disney sent them a Cease and desist? Are they like geniuses riding the line of the YouTube rules? Does YouTube turn a blind eye because it makes them a ton of ad revenue?
I don't know

>Just look at how many hits these videos have just from people probably looking around for these shock factor conspiracy things.

I don't think that can account for over 30 million views.

It's one of those things where the phenomenon at hand is so immane and inexplicable that any explanation seems reasonable at some level.

Is there any high level reporting about this phenomenon? I could imagine this being the sort of thing BBC Panorama would cover.

>Sup Forums and /x/
No reason to read any further

>people haven'y figured out that they're using bots to scam Jewtube

The videos would have millions 9f views even when we just started making thread about it. The fact YouTube does nothing is extremely disturbing and a red flag in itself

Then YouTube would definitely crack down on it because fake hits are going to make advertisers drop you.

My theory, and I think it holds up, is that they're a way for the Russian mafia to launder botnet into "clean" money; bot-driven views on low-effort videos, perhaps even Neural Network generated videos (in the case of the "XYZ Finger Family" videos which all share the same ~100 models reshaded in infinite iterations and variations, e.g. Leopard-print Apache Helicopter Daddyfinger and Purple Godzilla Daughterfinger), or randomly-generated concepts farmed out to lowest-bidder pajeets in the case of the ones posted in this thread. The goal is not to create "real" content, it's to create plausible-enough content that people don't immediately go "aha! this is a russian botnet laundering scam" when they see e.g. 10000 videos of microsoft sam reading wikipedia articles, each with 50m views.

It's one of the few things where I'd believe Giorgio A. Tsoukalos when he says it's aliens.

Good to know it's still safe to assume anything that ends in -gate is about a bunch of subhuman mongoloids getting high huffing each others smegma.

All I know is that a part of YouTube's new rules on what is considered advertiser unfriendly was supposed to discourage these and similar videos from flooding their site, yet they've clearly not stopped while other content creators have had to suffer under those same rules.

If you wanted to do that then why let them get so weird that it attracts attention to them?

National ABC News did something, but at a very high-level 'some things on YouTube aren't appropriate for you child even if they look like they are'.

im wondering how these channels are dealing with the adpocalypse, or if it has even hit them, if not then they figured out the system.

Oh, and as for C&Ds, the reason Marvel and Disney are having trouble cracking down is:

1) they aggressively create new channels, upload a dozen videos a day for like a month, then move on
2) they have no real organic viewership, which means their viewers are segmented away from the youtube general population, which makes the videos hard to discover organically or even with dedicated anti-infringement searching
3) the videos, in most cases, fall in a pretty defensible realm of parody; in some cases the names of the specific characters aren't even used, and in basically every case there is significant addition to the characters as published by the IP-holders; they don't rehash stories, they don't even rehash casts mostly, most of the videos are ensemble casts. If it wasn't shit, you'd just call it a parody like any other, and the law has a hard time discerning shit from not-shit, which means DMCAs against these are tricky; some of them will, quite rightfully, be rejected. DMCA is, in theory, only supposed to be used in clear-cut infringement, and these aren't really clearly out of the realm of parody.

Some people like to break and exploit things just because they can, this is incomprehensible to conspiracyfags.

>people still thinking these are anything but clickfarm fodder
Indian making a cent an hour makes a cartoon with their guidelines and uploads it to channel

Other Indians making a cent an hour use their arrays of 100+ smartphones each to give the video hundreds of thousands of views for ad revenue that dwarfs their pay

Repeat.

Youtube doesn't care because real people don't watch or care about the videos but they bolster youtube's ad numbers

that sounds ingenious

>it's orchestrated by pedophiles cooperating to brainwash a generation of children

You don't mean...that all parents would have to do to avoid their children becoming pedo victims is to monitor their behavior and not hand them an ipad for five hours straight?

You couldn't possibly be suggesting that people...oh, god...BE PARENTS?!