Mosaic creator making readers woke

>Guy tries to do something that literally no one has ever done before and create a new black superhero with new original powers (because all superheroes are white and there's no black superheroes)
>Made him an Inhuman out of respect of Kirby and because everyone loves the Inhumans
>Readers still refuse to give his original and groundbreaking character a chance
>Readers would rather read the same boring stories with the same dull white characters like Booster Gold

What happened to comic book readers? How do we fix them and their wrong taste?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8zh2C0_kLhw
community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?101027-Marvel-s-Sales-of-August-2017/page14
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why not make an Asian character? Why does "diverse" always mean Black?

>Marvel recruits "talent" from the forums of its shill sites.
This explains so much.

I took exception to the description of Booster Gold as a one joke character

>dissing Booster
Fuck this faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=8zh2C0_kLhw

>[redacted]
Is this weird moderation or just autism

Autism

But Marvel already has plenty of black superheroes. If anything one of the biggest problems of ANAD/Now(er) was too much diversity. All the black characters were pushed to the front while the white ones were pushed far to the side.
You gotta have a balance.

You're a total and certìfied retard, even more so than the OP

>grrrr why won't whitey read my book
>better talk shit about more of their own accomplishments

Why are blacks so insufferable Jesus Christ

Fuck you, I love Green Lantern.

>Guy tries to do something that literally no one has ever done before and create a new black superhero with new original powers (because all superheroes are white and there's no black superheroes)
>Picture shows him saying soemthing different
Nice try, Milo.

Kid Kaiju is half Japanese but Monsters Unleashed doesn't sell well either. I love it but my /ss/goggles are on tight enough to ship Kei x Elsa Bloodstone.

underrated post

You didn't need to frontload the OP with B8, user. Could have just said "Mosaic's creator is shit, not unlike the comic itself."

Good on him for trying something new and not destroying an old character. I can't blame his little regressive heart if he wants to mature and expand "diversity", especially since he didn't want the character to be a token.

>not a stereotype of any kind
He's a black basketball player.
And he's a black guy who's power is STEALING people's bodies.

Dumbass.

>hating on based Booster
Maybe the KKK is right after all?

Fuck man, posting CBR stuff here is MY job!

I didn't even realize Monsters Unleashed was a thing.

this low-key damage control of made him inhuman out of MUH KIRBY RESPECT and not because ike is shilling inhumans everywhere as a mandate

>this thread again

Probably because it's also a shithuman

Your "What if Deadman was an Inhuman?" black basketball player Doughnut Steel was shit, Thorne.

1. No one cares about Inhumans. Making him an Inhuman was your first mistake.
2. The character itself was just really boring and not very interesting.

Compare this to another Inhuman, Kamala Kahn. Kamala Kahn is popular (although she was more popular before Secret Wars/Civil War2 but I digress). True, she has the mantle of a former superhero, but so did other heroes who crashed and burned. Kamala survived because she had a loving and funny personality. And her writing felt like a modern quirky version of the Lee/ditko Spider-Man era of comics that attracted readers and the media.

I'm Doctor Anime Reaction Face, and I'm prescribing some high dosage Redpills ITT:

The reason why new characters aren't selling well is because comics are a dying medium in and of themselves, They're obsolete, and the only real audience they have is the audience they've had for the past 20 years, give or take.

The reason people still read Booster Gold, is because he's Booster Gold, a character whose fanbase is old.

The reason why nobody is buying your new character is that he probably is mediocre, and not at all groundbreaking. You have to be really good to be a popular new comic, especially if you're a superhero.

>Kamala Kahn is popular
Not anymore she isn't. She's selling worse than Carol.

You apparently think he was recruited FROM the forums instead of just being an idiot and posting on them. Thorne is stupid, but it's a wonder you can even type.

Quality has no bearing on sales.

I don't actually disagree with you but Mosaic could have been groundbreaking and still failed

Comics sold more and more year on year for the past 5 years. Comics aren't in trouble, only cape comics might be - and only Marvel at that.

yes but he got cucked instead of doing the cucking

>Mosaic
>like that gaimanesque GL book starred by John Stewart

No, you either have to have recognition or be good to sell. That's why something like Saga sells, because it's good. You can get by on name recognition, like Whor.

>Saga sells, because it's good

>Saga
>good
lmaooooooooooooo

>Saga sells, because it's good.
No.

>The reason why new characters aren't selling well is because comics are a dying medium in and of themselves
Not really true. Damian Wayne and the Court of Owls are fairly recent characters that have been widely accepted and have now featured prominently in media adaptations such as animation, video games, etc. If the characters are actually interesting and not shit then they have a good chance at getting a foothold.

>minority characters don't get the shots
forget about the fact that mutants are minorities regardless of ethnicity. not getting shots? that's false, and you can bring in the minority characters THAT ALREADY EXIST and showcase them.

>Court of Owls
>interesting
I totally get what you're going for, but you couldn't pick a worse example if you tried.

>white characters were pushed to the side
false.

GOOD characters were pushed to the side.

Man I agree with him on some points but for fucks sake leave Booster Gold out of this.

>is because he's Booster Gold, a character whose fanbase is old.
Wrong. It's because he's entertaining and charming enough of a character to warrant a degree of adoration from comic book readers in the first place.
Of course I'm not at all surprised that the Mosaic's creator couldn't comprehend the idea.

different user here

it is superior writing and art to much of the mainstream comics. yes it has some trashy liberal lines in it, but all three of you are in fucking denial.

Too bad they're more successful and accepted by the wider no matter how much you hate them.

I feel like Jon Kent is the next big emergent character. Reception for him has been extremely positive everywhere.

This probably stems back to the 90s when every new black hero except Rhodey was some henchman turned vigilante with aids. I ain't kidding just look up Shadowhawk or Spawn's pal chapel

>Marvel writer tries to prop up their character by shitting on DC and their characters.
I'm starting to believe that current Marvel writers are handed a script that directs them to shit on DC because this is way too common.

>Still no Superboy jacket avaliable to buy.
What the fuck DC?!

Why are people shitting on Saga now? This board loved (or at least really liked) it when it cam out

Fuck your red pills, time for the green and purple medication

And you know, has a really great character arc and a personality that's deeper than a puddle.

thank you, doctor Trips

>But a few highly placed fanboys keep bringing him back

Booster hasn't shown up in over 5 years (beyond Convergence) and before 52, hadn't done anything but EXTREME Justice. He's probably not the go to guy to claim about pushing.

So is Zsasz. Must be a good character too.

community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?101027-Marvel-s-Sales-of-August-2017/page14
kek, based legion autist BTFO him

>dying medium
>only print media that has grown in sales the last 5 years
Pick one and only one

It does seem like it.

Damian is an easy pill for people to swallow because he's
A) A Robin
B) A wayne.

Attaching a new character to the bat family is a surefire way to make them popular, unless the character is just that fucking awful.

I still read it, but the story has fallen off a bit, it doesn't really seem to be going anywhere. It's not nearly as good as it was in the beginning.

>Minority characters don't get the shots.

Correct. Minority characters are shit.
Characters who happen to be minorites, however, are received just fine.

It's a shame that outcast Talon didn't stick around longer. I enjoyed his stuff and his final fight with Lord Death Man.

zsasz is a 25 year old character that took 30 years to get an adaptation, what a retarded counterargument. This would make sense if Zsaz was a villain in the Schumacher movie, but guess what, he wasn't!

Well, they're both WAY better than Mosaic, so sure.

swap 30 and 25 my bad

It's no more of a retarded argument than saying "only interesting and not characters get popular" then using the most generic ancient conspiracy as an example, you complete dingleberry.

>Attaching a new character to the bat family is a surefire way to make them popular
>Cassie Cain
>Stephanie Brown
>Harper Rowe
>Duke Thomas
>etc.
Sure.

I'd say they're all equally one-note boring shit.

Steph and Cass both had fairly long solo series and are still around today. Harper and Duke are shit though.

> Inhuman
You failed even before you began

>sons of famous super heroes
>not being popular.

Not saying they are bad. but they are not groundbreaking either.

All of them have pretty dedicated fan bases that constantly create content for them, even if they aren't extremely large. Compare that with someone like Vril Dox II, main character of three titles that span ~150 issues altogether, who at best has a vague connection to Superman and like 15 fans on a good day.

No, it is since the argument hinged on rapid transition to adaptation and you cited a character that took decades. I don't even like the COO I think they're a black glove rip off, but you're full of shit if you think they haven't been by and large seen as interesting and compelling by DC/Batman fans. I'm not even the person who posted the COO thing btw.

>sons of famous super heroes
>not being popular.
Chris Kent, Helena Wayne, Lyta Trevor and many others say hi.

I'm pretty sure 80% of Infinity Inc. is not popular whatsoever.

>this board became heterosexual

>argument hinged on rapid transition to adaptation
Then you don't read well. My argument hinged on "interesting" part, you retard.
>haven't been by and large seen as interesting and compelling by DC/Batman fans.
Argumentum ad populum, the favourite argument of a retard. They're objectively bad characters because they're not even characters, period.
They're a generic ancient conspiracy that runs everything and have owls as a theme because Snyder likes sniffing his own farts and thinks he's so clever with sneaking a Bohemian Grove reference and referencing creatures that prey on bats at the same time.
That's literally all there is to them and I don't care what a bunch of chucklefucks think when they call them "compelling" and "interesting".

Then where the fuck are all the other failed versions of these characters? Damian and Jon are good because they're played fairly straight, they don't have the baggage a lot of those other characters have carried. Jon could become the next Chris Kent though depending on what happens with this version of Superman and his family.

We are literally discussing the popular success of characters, argumentum ad populum is not a fallacy it is what we are talking about. How can you possibly call others retarded here?

user, meet Brainlet. One day he took a Philosophy course and now he's here to educate us poor fools.

Those boards became a lost cause years ago. They only look at $$$ numbers for victories, and ignore long term trends when it's convenient

>Chris kent

One note kid. Appear few issues. And then, disappear.

>Helena Wayne

She got her own earth. And then for destroy.

>Lyta Trevor

Another one note character

He really got those shills angry.

Fuck this cuck. Glad his shitty character bombed

>for destroy.

Got destroy.

almost there

>c-comicbook roundup isn't a valid source because I say so

>shitting on Saga now?
>now
I've been shitting on Saga since the beginning thank you

>now
Nah I think people were off the train when they went full Hillary Clinton "women are the worst effected by wars"

Blow up and smash to pieces?

You fucking retard.
>If the characters are actually interesting and not shit then they have a good chance at getting a foothold.
Is what started this particular discussion. Stop trying to move the goalposts you fucking moron.
That's rich coming from a subhuman using a shit meme like "brainlet"

>You fucking retard.
>you fucking moron
>a subhuman using a shit meme
Yep, definitely it's him. Hi Brainlet!

>it keeps going
Glad to know you have no argument at all. Now go die.

So why do you think the CoO is popular then? because everyone agrees with you and hates them?
I mean someone of your intellect will probably be killed crossing the street, so I say to you, look both ways honey!

>So why do you think the CoO is popular then?
It's almost as if a good design (Talon in particular) can attract people to bad characters! The More You Know.
But wait, maybe you're right. Maybe it's the totally original concept behind them. Wait, not that. Maybe it's unique and rich personalities? Definitely no. Interesting motivations? Nope again.
It seems that CoO is a bunch of conspiratard cliches brought in a capeshit world.
>because everyone agrees with you and hates them?
This sentence doesn't make any sense, making your later comment all the more ironic.
>someone of your intellect will probably be killed crossing the street
I know you're an idiot so maybe I'm expecting too much from you, but you can stop talking to a reflection in the mirror.

>you can stop talking
But Brainlet, our attention! You need it!

>that sentence doesn't even make sense
That's the point. It's called sarcasm. I'm done arguing with a room temperature IQ tard such as yourself. And the fact that you haven't even referenced the Black Glove shows that you're just some angry casual fuck. I mean you wanted it to be Bohemian Grove when the Black Glove were in the previous fucking Batman run. Sad to have read Snyder but not Morrison.

Now kiss.

>sarcasm translates to text
Keep proving that you're a total idiot!
>room temperature IQ tard such as yourself
You have no argument and are just lashing out like a retarded child you are. :)
>if you didn't say anything muh Black Glove like means you didn't read Morrison
What great logic. You must be a detective.
>spic is still butthurt
What's the matter Pedro? Ran out of cocaine?

I never read past the first issue of Mosaic. Did his personality ever evolve past "dick who's full of himself"?