Why did Eddy always ask for 25 cents?

Why not more, like a dollar?

probably because economy was less worse on the 70's and 25 cents had huge value for kids once, just look the price on old comics covers.

Because kids ain't got dollars. Only loose change. Also a quarter is all you need to buy a jawbreaker.

It used to be a nickel in the pilot.

Also a nickel and two dimes equals ยข25, so why couldn't they settle for that?

the show didn't take place in the 70's.

Yes it take place on it, the only arguments against are irrelevant background elements from episodes made on season 5 and later.
it has an obvious 70's atmosphere, you are just buttmad because your underage perception of the world make you believe the 2000's were like Ed,Edd'n Eddy, it was not at all like that, not even the 90's.

Jawbreaker were only a nickel each.

The fashion is pure 90s. Just look at Edd and Kevin.

It's clearly set in the 90s, and the 25-cent thing actually supports that too. Pretty sure you could get candy for far less than that in the 70s.

I agree with the fashion on some characters, but If we except it there is no real connection with the 90's.
just compare the early seasons of the Simpsons with Ed,Edd'n Eddy, The second seems more old school than the first.

>Why not more, like a dollar?
What, and ruin the plot?

Its not specific but its clearly meant to take place in an older decade. And in the tv series finale its revealed they are all very old and just telling stories when they were kids.

Why is he such a chick magnet?

The storylines are based on Danny Antonucci's childhood, so that's why there are no 90s activities like video games and less toys overall.

The time period it takes place in is almost irrelevant, but the character designs have a 90s aesthetic which makes sense considering it premiered in 1999.

>And in the tv series finale its revealed they are all very old and just telling stories when they were kids.
yes and just after they made the season 5, which for some reasons seems "more modern".

There is no evidence that it takes place in the 70's and plenty of evidence that it doesn't. And I'm not "underage", you fucking moron, in fact I'm probably older than you are. I lived through both the 90's and the 00's.

They probably find him cute, nice and smart.
if he was ugly, people probably would considers him worse than Ed.

he's girly

I am double d sans hat.

I don't wear hats.

You're right.

Girls only go for looks.

Because other than Kevin there are no good options.

Ed? Retarded and smelly.
Eddy? Short and sketchy.
Jimmy? Gay.
Johnny? Weird and ugly.
Rolf? Foreign and probably stinks as much as Ed.

Edd has intelligence and good morals.

Look at his competition

>source: my ass

25c was what a jawbreaker cost. Plus if they didn't pay 25c, why'd they pay a dollar?

Quarters are both inconsequential and easier to rack up than dollars. Made a fun game people want to play? They'll be more happy to pump quarters into it than a buck every time.

>shovel chin
>good choice

But Kevin is an obnoxious dick and he's into bikes anyway.
probably a regular /d/ browser.

>irrelevant background elements from episodes made on season 5 and later
The Christmas in July episode was in season 2, and had boxes in Edd's attic labeled from the 80's

It's the hat
Girls like a little mystery

DD is a late blooming chad.
They could smell his budding 13" thundercock

DAMN

Dare I ask about Rolfs?

the movie is set in 2008 or 2009, that's the only way Eddy's brother's room could have a glass from 2000 in it. (he left home when eddy was very young and hasn't returned)

there.

or maybe it's just an irrelevant background element on a movie made on 2009?

This is Danny we're dealing with here, a stickler like him wouldn't let anything that goes against canon into an episode, much less the finale movie

>Implying there is a relevant canon on this show.
>Basing this on a fucking background element.
So Korea is an unificated country on EEnE? They lives on a parallel World?

yes goddammit

>Rolf's giant wiener will fetch a pretty penny at the market, yes Victor?

NO ITS A RETRO SHOW!
You are the kind of assholes who considers DBS like the official sequel of DBZ just because Toriyama write some obscure random shit not giving a fuck and let the Toei and Toyotaro adapting this?

>NO ITS A RETRO SHOW!

you saying that a million times doesn't make it true