Why is mcu steve unworthy?

why is mcu steve unworthy?

I think the fact that he moved it at all shows theres something there. Maybe he hasnt reached his true potential?

He could have lifted it but didn't want Thor to sperg out

This.

I think he has potential but its a 1 hammer per person kinda deal so he pretty much just has a ticket stub for the deli counter at this point

He's a virgin.

See him taking that stance like he's going to try picking up something heavy? That shows that he had some doubt.

He has the potential, but at the time he was weighed down with a lot of self-doubt about his role as an Avenger and ability to be the symbol everyone thinks he is.

He'ss a white male

It's coming. Cap will lift the hammer.

'Cus he fought the Law, and the Law won.

because he was keeping the secret of the death of Tony's parents.

Those fucking arms

Goddamn Chris Evans is hot

He really is.

I'm not gay but I'd totally let that hit me sideways.

He's pure, that makes him even more worthy.

I miss him Sup Forums.

i took it as the hammer recognizes him as worthy but that wasn't the proper time

this might be the only thing i like from avengers 2

Better Question
Why is MCU Thor worthy?

this, Steve was being modest but budged it a little to show Thor who the big dog is

>A space viking weapon celebrates chastity.

He got punched by a suit of armor.

Yes, it's stupid.

What if he was worthy, but the hammer is also really heavy, even to those who are allowed to? Thor and Vision have super strength beyond Cap's so that would explain how they can do it.

Unlikely but just a thought

I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think Depeche Mode is a really kick-ass band.

He's the hottest one.

he doesn't have a uterus.

But that's Cap.

Something to do with failing to save Bucky and to some extension SHIELD and the rest of the Avengers. His moral victory in Civil War was as much internal as it was external, he'd probably be able to lift it now and most likely will in IW.

He put Bucky before the team and the world, clinging to his old life, in CW.

That just shows he's loyal.

The hammer checks if you're worthy every nth of a second. He wasn't able to lift it because he wasn't worth at that time.

(OP)
even before civil war came out, i was saying it was because he knew bucky killed tony's parents. it wasn't hard to infer from the zola scene in winter soldier, and people told me that it was stupid.

I really want this scene to be in IW.

The most amazing male breasts in Hollywood.

>tfw pure idealistic Cap is now long gone and replaced by punished Cap

A terrible feel.

He has never accused anyone of mansplaining.

His smile and optimism...gone.

>Keith Courage

Holy shit that's an obscure one.

Punished Cap is hot though.

Sure, but I prefer innocent Cap.

Is this a Cap homolust thread?

Roids

Every Cap thread is a homolust thread.

Because "worthy" isn't just pure of heart or virtuous. It's being worthy of the name of Thor. So yea, you have to be a good person, but you also have to be ready to kick ass and have fun doing it.

Is cap natty?

Innocent Cap is for hugs and rape.

>super soldier serum
>natty
??

No, he wasnt expecting it to move, so had to stop as quick as he could.

Neoptism

He managed to move it a little which is far more than anyone else. The hammer was letting him know he was indeed worthy but it wasn't his time. We'll probably see cap pick up the hammer as the climax of Infinity War 2.

>Don't dead open inside

???

What an unworthy liar

Thor is worthy because not only he proved himself selfless, but also because he's honorable, and that's what differentiate him from the others.

All of the Avengers are selfless by definition of course. Heck, Tony was going to blow himself up to save Earth. The difference is that they're not exactly honorable people. They deal with gray moral codes, politics and interest conflicts by lying, scheming and hiding their intentions, none of which Thor takes much part.

Also, Vision may actually not worthy. He can just lift the hammer, but there's no indication of him acquiring Thor's powers (wich is what the enchantment is about). He is far above human conflicts and is "on the side of life", that makes it dubious and leads to Thor actually trusting him with the Mind stone.

The writers have said Thor was mostly able to lift the hammer because he was "innocent" due to being basically a newborn, and that by the time of Civil War he probably couldn't do it anymore.

>Nordic mythology
>Pure

Steve needs to burn and pillage a thousand more villages and and fuck at least 20 bitches per week before becoming worthy

You mean Vision?

Makes sense, but then again, why didn't he get Thor's powers? Or did he?

Maybe it's shady because Thor's hammer was what actually brought Vision to life, so who knows.

No beard. It's an unwritten rule.

>They will never DP you
Time to give up I guess

Steve is a good person but he's stained by the pack of ideologies that comes with being an american soldier, and then there's his selfish obsession with Bucky that made him fight his friends.

>ywn make innocent and newly super serum'd Cap blush by telling him you want to fondue him

he was trying to pick it up as a game once shit gets real he will do it

I think this nails it.

This

He lied about Tony's parents he is not worthy of it

heart is in the right place but feels too messiah complex to work.

The man rammed a starship in another lifetime.

Worthiness, while it's definition does often change with the writer, generally implies "fit to be the motherfucking king of Asgard." Steve may be many things, but he's no king and he's not the type to be willing to wage eternal war against the Jotuns or anything like that.

MCU super soldier serum can be achieved with several years of training, so yes, he is natty

The hammer nudged. I think he faked not being able to pick it up to be honest.

He's worthy but there wasn't an immediate need.

He stole the answers to the SATs and shoved a banana up his butt.

We know why he's unworthy. He knew about Tony's parents and didn't tell Tony.

This.

Vizh hesitated to tell Wanda about the house arrest.

>Having an MCU Cap thread
>No homolust

As if

He rejected most of what would have made him a shitty ruler, and thus he was declared worthy.

The hammer, like many political institutions, doesn't particularly care if you're bright or not, which is pretty much what could make Thor unworthy.

We all know who the big dog is

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>posting a bad guy

They are

Vision's power is above Odin's enchantment, that's why he can lift Mjolnir

ponder that.

>power
No, Vision was simply worthy

It's not time for him to wield the hammer just yet.

You're right that worthy =/= being pure or nice or anything like that, but as shown with Beta Ray Bill the key is that you have to believe with all your heart that you need to use the hammer to protect a group of people that you truly love.

Bill could lift the hammer because he needed to protect his people, it was his entire being and the one thing he wanted in all the world.

Thor used to be unworthy because he was more about being a big hero and adventuring for adventure's sake rather than to protect people. When Odin took his powers and trapped him on Earth it was so he could gain a love and understanding for humans, which is what he required in order to be worthy of the hammer.

Vision though?

Vision at that moment had the innocence of a literal newborn, I doubt he's gonna be able to lift it now he's burdened with the guilt of crippling War Machine and fighting against Wanda in Civil War

Also, he's enlightened with cosmic wisdom

neopetism?

>Roman headlines WM34 against Braun, Brock, Cap, and Thor
>takes the belt, the shield, and the hammer

is this pants wrestling

is feels like pants wrestling

OH FUCK!

PTSD, probably.

He is worthy.

He just wasn't trying to lift it for a worthy cause. He was trying to lift it to get points at a party.

But the fact it budged shows he would be worthy under other circumstances.

I think Steve is Worthy and could lift it in time of need, just not to show off at a party.

If he was Unworthy it wouldn't have even moved.

>yes, he is natty

>he lied
Cap didn't know for sure it was Bucky who did it prior to seeing the video and chose not to bring up the possibility to Tony. He may or may not have told him Hydra was responsible.

It's basically said that he knew it was Bucky who killed them. He didn't even try to deny it in any way.

I figured it was that he was worthy to lift it, but it also weighs like a ridiculous weight that only a god or demi god could have the strength to lift it

Withholding the truth =/= Lying.
Usually only assholes end up having to make this justification, but it is true.

jealous much?