Token black character in an anerifat cartoon

>popular and well liked
>straight A student
>idealized two-parent household
>dad with white collar job
>often an arrogant genius

Because suburban middle class white kids usually know suburban middle class black kids.

Arnold and Gerald literally lived in the ghetto

I assumed they were urban middle class. Torvald lived in the ghetto.

I want a black cartoon character who looks and acts like Woolie, mostly because I can't name a black character in animated shows who even remotely resembles him in personality.

People don't want to admit ugly truths.

So they lie.

Tucker .

>Liar who acts like he knows what he's talking about and is terrible at his job
So any black guy ever

But try to name a black cartoon character like that.

If they're living in a nice area what do you fucking except?

Brain can't be a token black if the protagonist of the show is already black.

Arnold and his friends literally get mugged and beaten in alleys on their way home from school and his grandma get robbed on a bus.

That stuff can happen all over the city, I think it's mostly gang shit that's limited to the ghetto.

Heh, you almost made me have to refute you logically, but I see you made a mistake in your sentence by using the wrong, but very similar-looking, word, and therefore I will just laugh at you for having a small brain. Lel.

No black family every had hair like that or voices like the Reads. The negroid voice is very distinct -- deep and gutteral. Arthur and his family are literally WASPS with a farmer grandfather.

I asked my black friends about this, and they always said to me that they can relate more to the Boondocks than the various cartoon Black characters in HA!, Proud Family, FOP, etc, because it depicts a familiar situation they're living through or experienced.

I know it would be considered racist to show it cartoons to viewers, but it's factually true that the majority of Black Africans, at least in America, live in single parent households. Even though Boondocks is supposed to be a comedy, apparently Blacks found it more authentic when it comes to familial situations.

>but it's factually true that the majority of Black Africans, at least in America, live in single parent households.

What? Are you Americans really this fucked? Here on Brazil it isn't like this, even if the people are poor, they usually have 2 parents.

Anyone else have the image of the black nerd thread? I had a screencap of it but it's on my computer and I broke the screen a few days ago.

>healthy family
>more stable home life = better in school = better grades
>more confidence as a result of youth and achievements
>just happens to be black

op the way you choose to see the world makes me sad

USA is a fucked up place, my BR friend.

Yes. A lot of black kids don't have dads . I think it's because they are unwanted pregnancies.

Growing up I knew quite a few black kids with a mom and a dad myself being one of them. I don't think it's as rare as some people make it out to be.

He is an aardvark.

My high school had a mix. Decent black kids in my neighborhood and some classes, and then there was just that huge mass of "ghetto" kids I'd always see in the same areas during passing periods. Most were probably fine, but the way some of them talked and acted... I tended to ignore them as much as possible.

it's the poor education in minority communities that's been going on for decades

education quality is a result of tax money distribution but for things like education it's distributed by district, so poorer places have less to work with hiring decent teachers, working in new programs (actual sex ed not abstinence education), books, etc. and due to jerrymandering (look it up, it's political cheating essentially) districts are drawn up to put people more likely to vote (wealthier, better educated) in the same districts while keeping the non voter ones small/isolated (and underfunded)

whew. that was so Sup Forums of me i feel dirty.

We need more cartoons with black kids with two parents to show that they need to be with their kid when they have kids when there older.

You forgot hot moms.

hot moms

It's because of cultural marxism, user..

It can't be just education, as I said I'm from Brazil and we are way worse on this regard, but the black parents usually stay with their mistake, or keep contact.

Are you talking about the thread it was revealed that Sup Forums is full of black NEETs

I'm a poor, racist white guy who has poor racist black friends with a mutual understanding of one another. Being a bleeding hot liberal who thinks everyone is the same doesn't mean you understand the state of the American negro better than me. I may be jaded and pessimistic, but I know blacks and they are not like the characters on these shows. And what's more they don't like being patronized with these unrealistic idealized depictions that they can't relate to. They're lives are statistically not like this and their families are not like this. They need to be able to relate. Characters like these tokens aren't made for them, they're made by liberal focus groups who want to pat themselves on the back about how "progressive" they think they are. It's pathetic.

I think it might becauses they don't want to be a bad relationship with the baby mama .

in a culture where sex stuff has traditionally been a touchy subject for people, communities with broken families arn't going to have parents or anyone really to teach safe sex practices or anything regarding a healthy family life really, and that coupled with the shit education and retards pushing to keep it bare minimum abstinence education in so many places they don't learn how to not have unwanted babies.

stupid shit gets put around and just google the wacky shit they ask and buy into. "eating a bunch or blue m&m's will keep you from getting pregnant" or some such shit.

and ghetto gets more ghetto and STAYS ghetto.

Fuck poor people.

Fuck rich people with a poor with a nigger mindset. I'll take a poor black family that actually TRIES to be wholesome and raise their kids right over hedonistic spoiled liberal brats like you any day.

Black kids who's parents came directly from Africa are brought up like asians and Indians

I wasn't into the same stuff most of the kids my age were into, so I didn't find myself hanging out with them much either. Obsessing over expensive shoes and the like. It wasn't my scene. I was never teased or picked on, and didn't think I was unpopular; I just wasn't interested in being social.

This idea that black kids having their father around is unrealistic is funny to me though, because when I was in elementary and middle school I used to love it when my dad showed up during lunch break so I could hang out with him at school. He was more fun to talk to than any of the kids my age.

/blog

No one has talked about the best black cartoon Static Shock. What do black people think of it ?

Capitalism is designed to promote the best people while inferiors remain in their hovels.

>mom is alive in the comics
>kill her off in the cartoon because Static needs angst
Okay?

Her dying a hero inspired him to be a hero in the show.

It was okay. I remember thinking the animation didn't seem as good as the other superhero cartoons I watched, such as Batman TAS, Superman TAS, X Men and Spiderman. I also thought it was a bit too preachy and wannabe uplifting. But I suppose it just didn't relate to me, since I'd already come to my own conclusions on the messages the show tried to put forth.

weird choice but still an excellent damn toon/character

only read snips of the comics... any good?

Only thing I get annoyed by is the genius black kid they need to put into every show

You're overestimating american "education".

>People can't be poor if they starve to death

Whatever you say, Cletus.

>Need a token black guy
>Need a token nerd
Lets you cut down on supporting cast guys and recycle Urkel

South Park did this already, user.

It wouldn't be a problem if the protagonists weren't so dumb. Literally no one gets less than straight As in regular/non-accelerated school unless they have a learning disorder but on TV characters are always struggling to study and get Cs. Shit makes no sense.

Statistically speaking all you need to do to be middle class in the USA is not marry super young, not have kids super young, and finish highschool. You can beat around the bush for if the lower rung of middle class is that great area to area, but this just loops back into the fact that a lot of these poor areas have terrible family units and are populated by people who don't want to learn.

The fact is that the family unit as much as the individual is kind of the building block for a society. Taxes are built with household assumptions half the time and so is half the other paperwork one will have to sign at one point or another in life. The actual role and function of the family unit has changed given that a lot of people also assume two working parents more than generations previously, but that's still a two parent household.

A lot of media tries to deconstruct the idea of a family unit, but nobody really has anything viable to actually replace it with.

It's because black people are sensitive.
Chester in Fairly Odd Parents literally washes paper plates to save money yet if his character were black it would be a moral disaster.

Welcome to literally every large American city.

>Literally no one gets less than straight As in regular/non-accelerated school unless they have a learning disorder
Whatta cunt

It's a very depressing situation Many of these single-parent households involve single mothers who are barely literate, let alone educated, which makes finding meaningful employment almost impossible for them to raise their children properly. Their children are thus affected, and also suffer from a lack of education.

As a result, the cycle continues: Young Black Fathers bail out on their parental responsibility, never raised by a father themselves and believing it's morally acceptable, if not justified. Meanwhile, young Black mothers barely outside their teens, or are still teens, follow the example of their mother.

You fail to understand just how shit a lot of schools are

I'm a white American who's parents separated while I was very young. I guess it's not as bad as the black status quo of the dad just straight up leaving (I still got to see my dad just about every week), but my situation is pretty much the norm here.

Divorce is morally wrong. Your parents are going to hell.

Was he cool? Or just a straight up narc?

They didn't divorce, they were never married. Tough luck, God. Looks like you're going to have to let them into heaven :^)

He was a cool narc.

The art isn't that good but it's good. The comics are very 90s though.

>Having sex without marriage
Even worse.

I mean I think it is a pretty accurate stereotype. There was a guy like that in my school.

God is a sinner. Who cares what he thinks

I thought he was cool and his little girlfriend was cute. Was she his girlfriend or just his partner? It's a cartoon so probably the latter I guess

Where do you think you are?

I think she was his partner and friend.

Don't bully the Woolie

I think he's got the high ground on this one, for the simple fact that
>implying you can get a divorce from a 2D waifu

If I'm remembering right, did they have a sort of Mulder and Scully vibe?

Uncle rusklus
Black manta
Luke cage.

Yeah. Arnold really went places most cartoon, hell most TV shows, go when showing the city. Poor, homeless, thugs, rundown schools, they even implied some gang activity with Gerald.

see

What do black people think of black superheroes ? Are they realistic enough ?

Fuck you... I'm only temporarily a neet

Literally who cares. Most black people will go "Hey, that character is black" and then never think about it again because it has little to no impact on a story unless the author specifically includes racially charged conflict and dialogue within. If they live their day to day lives just like everybody else does then their race is completely irrelevant.

Wade from Kim Possible.

media, especially cartoons, try to show us examples of our better selves and not some rundown, bullshit that shows children how absolute shit the world is. maybe as a conservative pile of garbage, you can try to think on how the world should be a stop trying to validate all the mistakes, tribalism, and pitfalls that exist like people can't overcome them. your generalizations about blacks and yourself teaches you even less about those things because it's a stigmatized perception of your own biases. you having black friends that happen to be racist like you doesn't validate your position. if anything, it tells you how fucked your surroundings are- how desperately you need a different perspective. you don't create a model civil society by broadcasting all the things that make it terrible; you don't want to lose the few to your garbage heap of an ideology when they're trying to overcome terrible odds already.

They seem to only like Static and maybe John Stewart Green Lantern.

Excellent taste

Yup.

Where I grew up, there was always a lot of smart, well educated black kids because their parents were typically military or police and didn't tolerate shit from their kids. There were also the faux ghetto kids who'd fuck shit up, but they weren't typical.

Boondocks is more satirical than comedic. It puts the message before the comedy and tackles very real issues in the black community, as well as elsewhere. It's also pretty morbid, so it's not exactly a feelgood, zany, upbeat way to spend half an hour.

Huey and Rily represent two paths a black youth can take. They can choose education, responsibility and integrity. Or they can choose to be a brutish thug.

I have a black friend who read those new Riri Iron Man comics, and he thought the character was dumb and mishandled.

That's not even limited to the ghetto in cities. That's just a reality of living in America.

An overworked complex of financial obligations and general fuckerage has made the idea of splitting on your family much more appealing than it would be otherwise.

>bleeding hot liberal
Please be pretending

The black people I know don't know that many black super heroes.

>they seem to only like static and maybe john stewart
>they
>my one black friend and his brother

just stop.

Most black people I know are into anime desu

>ctrl-f
>No Irwin
Fuck every single one of you

They're about as realistic as most superheros I guess. Some of them have fantastic origin stories, others are more down to Earth. They're super heroes so they want to do the right thing. Standard fare, no?

Not him, but we can only speak from personal experience right? Not like I'm going to walk around Compton at 9 o'clock at night taking a survey of whatever niggas I see hanging around.

I wish I remembered that speech Mandy gave him about being himself. Basically said he was a geeky loser and he should embrace that and turn it into something positive.

I like storm

I don't like JLA John Stewart. But, I like his old version.

Vixen is interesting but I never read her comics.

I haven't read black lightning

Fuck luke cage! Only version that i like is samurai jack one. Bendis isn't helping.

I don't think this counts. But, I like martian manhunter.

>Martian Manhunter is black
How?

Some times he makes him self black when he's human.

So sort of the same way the Kryptonian alien is widely accepted as being white? Despite not even being human. Well that's kinda neat I guess.