Will we ever get to see an animated adaptation of JTHM?

Would Adult Swim dare..?

Only edgy reddit users would want this garbage

Precisely why I'm asking Sup Forums, they seem pretty fond of Rick and Morty after all..

what is this

I doubt Vasquez would want to work in cartoons again after working with Nick, but who knows?
He seems more comfortable in the realm of comics, either way.

Maybe. If they did, it would be nowhere as cringey as the comic.

Somewhere, from out of the ether, I hear the annoying squees of a million "im not like other girls" kind of girls, all donned in their overpriced Hot Topic merch.

He's making a Zim movie right now, and worked on Ninth Grade Ninja.

Nah, Jhonen Vasquez is way past making this.
All bullshit aside, that comic is comfy as fuck if you were one of those kids growing up.

Think Invader Zim but with serial killers

ow the edge: the comic

But his feud with Nick was because he used to be an edgy fucker who wanted to add more edginess in a kids networks that was already giving him a pass on many things.
Nowadays Vasquez is much more chill, plus, if he worked with Adult Swim he'd be far less restrained. So him doing an adaption for it has more chances of being successful than he ever did with Nick, which is saying a lot.

i hope not
i want to forget being a teenager, reading this shit and listening to neo nazi bands with my friends

Vasquez would have to be really in need of money to be okay with JTHM coming back also even then he would pray nobody actually watches it.

Well shit, you're right.
Nick wasn't kidding when they announced that they were revisiting old franchises. Rocko, Hey Arnold, Invader Zim, anything else? Will we finally get that final episode of Angry Beavers?

I barely even remember the events of JTHM, wasn't it mostly about him feeding his wall blood so the eldritch abomination behind it wouldn't emerge, and then it did, and then there was this trippy arc with stuffed animals or figures or whatever coming alive and berating him?

Final War tfw

>TFW i own a copy somewhere
I never really grew out of my edgy phase

You just reminded me of a music video from Newgrounds someone made of JTHM. I remember liking it actually, despite the idea kinda sounding cringy as hell.

You never really grow out of it, it becomes a part of you.

I'd watch it. Shit was pretty philosophically deep considering the overbearing edge.

That is basically all I remember too. Also that they seemed a lot more normal in the spinoff.

They aren't that wacky enough to try it

at least i was never stupid enough to get into comunism

Heaven forbid, user

>Johnny thread
>Ctrl + F "edg"
>6 results
Didn't see that coming.

It would be pretty amazing and there's nothing l;egal in the way. But I doubt it.

everyoone who was is now either a drug dealer or has spend ten years in university and still has no degree

Look what I found on my shelf boys

Your mom let you buy it back in the day? That's pretty cool user I had to share one with three friends.

Yeah because they don't understand what communism is. Communism is an equal distribution of labor and resources, not the elimination of labor overall.

My parents didn't know about it. Also, tbf it came out when I was in highschool.

probably too expensive to produce.

Only on paper. What it really is, is a means for one elite cartel to replace another. Equality does not exist in nature, and the entire premise of the ideology is out of touch with human nature. But isn't a political board. Suffice it to say this is no place to shill an ideology that has killed the most innocents in all of human history, has uglified nations, destroyed cultures, and has failed everywhere it has ever been implemented.

storytime when?

I agree

if there even an audience for this kind of shit?

stupid 00s teenagers are in short supply these days

Capitalism is not inherently human nature. That's just a narrative people tell you so you buy more shit.

Nah we're still around. We ditched the emo clothes and hair but we are definitely still around and definitely still appreciate this shit. Gen-Z is shaping up to be pretty edgy in its own right and might like it as well, even without the nostalgia lens.

Who said I was a capitalist..?

Any worldview based entirely on economics betrays human nature. We're more than that, regardless of what your own definition of that "more" might be.

>hehe, I posted this meme again in an unrelated thread xD

you forgot
THE ORIGINAL ow the edge: the comic

'k

Contrary to popular belief, that audio track was never going to be an episode. There's a tradition at Nick where, when a show gets canned, the showrunner will write a "last episode" script as a joke (Pelswick's, for example, apparently consisted of rapture happening, so angels came down to Earth to murder everyone). Dagget and Norbert's voice actors just recorded a script reading of it for fun.

BUT THAT WASNT REAL COMMUNISM!

I still like JTHM but I like it in a different way than I did as a middle-schooler but I do think JV wouldn't be happy revisiting this.
He had so many crazy stalker girls because of it and it took him a while to wash clean from it all.

That's kind of a pussy reason to abandon your hard work and its fans..

If communism worked Russia and China would still be using it.

Except it was the fans he didn't like so doubt it was hard for him to abandon them.

Amen

He had just as many from Zim. His persona, aesthetic and past body of work is always going to attract fan girls.

we just need to try one more time

i just remembered rebecca sugar drew self insert fan art of invader zim

geez

Maybe, but it's a hell of a lot more compatible.
Capitalism has it's flaws, but at least social mobility is possible under it.

Maybe she could get permission to animate it, except she'd no doubt fuck it all up patting her own back with sjw bullshit.. I'm skeptical of her touching anything that's not her original idea..

I think JTHM was worse since it got those psycho types who make you drink their period blood to turn you into a vampire because they read the who thing from an unironic mindset. Zim and JTHM both have the "Lol So RaNDum xD! I liek takos" crowd but at least hardcore zim fans are less likely to slit their wrists over you as you sleep.

im more concerned about more self-inserts rather than sjw stuff, as far as i know she still idolizes vanquez to some degree

Maybe there's some (I say cautiously) potential there.. But as soon as I hear a ukelele playing I'm out --

I'd love a JTHM show haven't read it in years though, does it hold up at all?

Honestly haven't read it in years either, just remember liking it.

It's not the masterpiece you thought it was when you read it as a teenager, but it's still fun.
I need to buy a copy sometime.

JTHM was fucking terrible.

Something in a similar vein meant to displace it, however, would be fine. Vasquez's style is well suited for action.

I don't know JTHM was very interesting at first but It become boring really fast. I don't know about you but I just can see this character like a big crybaby looking for an excuse to kill anybody.

the creature in the wall scape and nothing happened, pretty much implied that the whole wall
thing was in his mind, he was killing supposedly to keep the creature inside, even people that didnĀ“t bother him like the religious guy

so... yeah I think he was just looking for an excuse

JTHM was so fucking early 2000's edgy but it had some gold moments.

Yeah, it was pretty wacky.

>self-insert
>not ZADR

I expected better from her honestly

Anyone plis?

He doesn't even make comics often anymore. He released nothing, to my knowledge, between 2007 and 2014, when he released a new Fillerbunny comic and became editor of Zim.

shit I was obsessed with this comic and Jhonen Vasquez as a teenager.
both now make me cringe into oblivion.

Reminder that JV was around 19 when he did JTHM, hates it now and is in his 40s now. I doubt he's gonna want to revisit a reminder of his edgy past.

Also, how the hell does he look so young. I thought Hispanics aged like bananas.

we have seen monkeys practice capitalism wich means shit since thats an appeal to nature falacy and humans arent monkeys
in reality we know jack shit of what is human nature beyond simple concepts like systems of structure are human nature since we have never seen any evidence of any group living without it in history so sorry anarchists

White hispanics age like Mediterraneans, indigenous Mexican "indios" age like papayas.

I'm this guy
If y'all can keep this thread alive until about 4pm CST, I can cap some good bits. It'll be with a phone camera but not completely awful

>animated adaptation of JTHM
NO ONE WANTS THIS.

JHONEN VAZQUEZ WANTS THIS THE LEAST

STOP ASKING FOR IT AND JUST BUY THE DIRECTORS CUT EDITION. YOU'LL GET TO READ ALL THE BULLSHIT VAZQUEZ WROTE IN THE BACK ABOUT HOW ONLY MOUTH-BREATHING AMATEUR SOCIOPATHS LIKE NYY.

When I was an edgy teen I only liked the first chapters of Johnny, the rest seemed weird and confusing to me
Only now I understand it's probably the best deconstruction of the "edgy nihilistic laughing murderer teens can relate to" trope we have

You still need regulation though. Straight up Free market doesnt work for that in the long run. Wealth just ends up getting siphoned to the already established as the middle class dies.

>it's probably the best deconstruction of the "edgy nihilistic laughing murderer teens can relate to" trope we have
That's sad because the "deconstruction" is really ham-fisted and doesn't really lead anywhere. Nny just gets a new haircut and disappears into the night.