comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017/2017-08.html

DC Titles Under 20K
Batgirl & the Birds of Prey #13 - 18,917
The Hellblazer #13 - 16,111
Superwoman #13 - 14,181
New Super-Man #14 - 12,339
Blue Beetle #12 - 11,574
Cyborg #15 - 10,949

DC Comics under My Little Pony (AKA Under 10K)
Mother Panic #10 - 8,589
Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye #11 - 8,231
Shade, the Changing Girl #11 - 8,035

Marvel under 20K
Jean Grey #5 - 19,150
Jean Grey #6 - 18,629
Hulk #9 - 18,093
Mighty Captain Marvel #8 - 17,265
Iron Fist #6 - 17,106
Ms. Marvel #21 - 17,010
Generations X #5 - 16,943
Black Bolt #4 - 16,026
I Am Groot #4 - 15,834
Rocket #4 - 15,156
Secret Empire Brave New World #5 - 14,994
Hawkeye #9 - 14,989
Gwenpool #19 - 14,703
USAvengers #9 - 14,070
Iceman #4 - 14,056
Royals #6 - 14,034
Dr Strange Sorcerers Supreme #11 - 13,482
Silver surfer #13 - 13,274
Secret Warriors #5 - 12,507
Luke Cage #4 - 12,330
Black Panther The Crew #5 - 11,587
Black Panther The Crew #6 - 11,435
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #23 - 10,281
Zombies Assemble 2 #1 - 10,057

Marvel Comics under My Little Pony (AKA Under 10K)
America #6 - 9,548
Nick Fury #5 - 9,145
Monsters Unleashed #5 - 8,614
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #22 - 7,466
Unstoppable Wasp #8 - 6,882

The biggest take continues to be that Marvel has way more titles under the 20K mark and that their attrition levels are pretty bad.

You got several brand new titles, 5-6 issues into their run and they're selling worse than the worst cape comics from DC, and those are in the double-digits.

If you're selling worse than Blue Beetle #12 and you're just 5 issues in, you're doing something bad.

Rather, you're publishing stuff no one asked for. Sure, it helps you keep your #1 place in market share and dollars -- but you're also printing about 25%-30% more comics than DC every month, even if a good chunk of your comics sell below 20K.

Other urls found in this thread:

comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2010/2010-05.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>can we have another hourly Marvel hate thread

Yes, yes, go ahead, we definitely need to shit up the board with another one.

Eat ass shill.

Sure we can!

In the August sales thread that still exists.

There's a Silver Surfer comic going on right now? Is it good?

It's written by Slott and is Dr Who fanfiction, so no.

Actually internposting FOR FREE

I forgot Nick jr had an ongoing

It's pretty good desu

The ACO art is nice but the story is boring -- like I cannot care about what happens to anyone in that book.

>Can we
We can.

We won't, but we can.

>New Super-Man #14 - 12,339
>Mother Panic #10 - 8,589
>Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye #11 - 8,231
>Shade, the Changing Girl #11 - 8,035
Kill me

>tfw none of the comics on my pull list are listed here

Mother Panic, Cave Carson and Shade are basically Vertigo light -- you know they were gonna sell for shit.

Doesn't mean I have to like it.

yeah, neither do I, but such is life.

still upset that Green Arrow is going monthly due to low sales.

tfw I iktf

Please tell me New Super-Man is safe

I want to believe, but I have my doubts.

My guess? It'll end at either #18 or #20 if things don't improve.

That's the rumor for Blue Beetle; that it ends with #18.

Remember when Sup Forums was convinced the trades would do great like Vertigo used to because I do lol
>Shade The Changing Girl Vol. 1 Earth Girl Made Easy 2,182
>Mother Panic Vol. 1 Work In Progress 2,018
>Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye Vol. 1 Going Underground 2,108

At least Gerard Way still has fangirls and Morrisonfags are desperate for Morrison to write something
>Doom Patrol Vol. 1 Brick by Brick 3,888
>Doom Patrol Vol. 1 Brick by Brick 572
>Doom Patrol Vol. 1 Brick By Brick 562
>Doom Patrol Vol. 1 Brick By Brick 603

>#1 Comic is a batman first issue that's also whoring out variant covers.
> Next up is Batman and Batman because coasting on batman is great
> Cross Over
> Wolverine #1
>More fucking crossover
>Thor #1
>Star wars

>Batman is the only comic that even broke 100k and the 2nd and 3rd slot just barely.

This fucking industry man. I know OP is here to shit talk marvels low sales but the whole thing is just sad. I mean there was a time where big hitters could sell half a million and it not be a cross over or a #1.

Funnily enough, Pre-flashpoint, Batman was doing 50K in sales regularly. It wasn't until Nu52 started that we saw the Batman Index hover at 100K and better.

You should also ask yourself why Spider-Man is not selling as well as Batman -- Batman and Spider-Man are the two most recognizable brands out there, making for about 90% of all licensed merchandise combined.

Also, even if you shit on variants, DC's variant programs are open order -- Marvel? Not so much; it's the reason a bunch of small stores boycotted the lenticular covers.

Well hopefully the author is able to do what he needs to do to wrap it up, I'm new to DC comics but this has consistently been one of their best series, and I've been reading everyone Rebirth.

Morrison's Batman and Robin and then later Batman Incorporated were the top batbooks at the time. Green Lantern was the only other DC title to rival it.

comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2010/2010-05.html

DC's variants aren't always open order, but it's never that "order extra copies of unrelated books" shit Marvel loves to pull.
When not open order it's always just a simple ratio. One of the variant cover for every (typically) 25 you order of the regular.
Sometimes covers will require up to 100 copies of the regular, but that's pretty rare.

Also, not my intention to talk shit about Marvel... rather, if I talk shit about Marvel is because I want them to do better.

The market needs both DC and Marvel to be healthy to flourish -- there's been several LCSs that have closed in part due to the incredibly soft sales by Marvel over the last year or so -- sure, LCS didn't have good enough management to adapt fast enough to Marvel being shit, but Marvel being shit actually pushed them over the brink.

On the month that Fear Itself #1 came out, Batman Incoporated sold about 10K more than the regular Batman title.

I could have gone with Batman Incorporated for the Batman Index, but I wanted consistency in the name of the titles, otherwise, I could be accused of cherry picking what comics I'm comparing Marvel events to.

True enough, but you get the gist of what I was trying to say.

Considering the direction the book has taken, it's possible they might relaunch as a Justice League of China book.

I actually wouldn't be surprised by this.