Why does Sup Forums keep complaining about Seth Macfarlane, Matt Groening...

Why does Sup Forums keep complaining about Seth Macfarlane, Matt Groening, and Dan Harmon cramming their politics into everything but not Mike Judge?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fhGX5izia1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not political if I agree with it.

They're Texans, they say things/have beliefs I'm not surprised they would.

Because Mike Judge is fairly conservative, and all the whiners are triggered right wingers who are offended by the depiction of opposing viewpoints.

God question, when KOTH got political there were moments where it was just genuinely obnoxious.

Because his political beliefs were not batshit crazy like most libtard shows.

Because Judge is far more grounded, and far more willing to show the foibles of people who are on his side.

This

way i see it is this: the first three do it to be topical and get laughs out of a targeted audience. sometimes it lands, most times it just kind of comes of as embarrassing and using animated characters as mouthpieces.

you never get the sense hank or any other character on the show behaves as a mouthpiece. they're fully realized characters with different points of view, and the show doesn't mock them for their views. it pokes fun at them, but doesn't actively shame the characters through the narrative unless the shaming is earned in the context of the story.

Mike Judge could show that some ideas were behind the times without doing so in a derisive way, and could also manage to show that there was some merit to old fashioned ideas. MacFarlane especially had to beat his agenda into the ground before being able to admit that he'd done it and even then he had to beat that into the ground.

King of the Hill was not really ever ham-fisted as the other shows. It tended to show both sides in both a positive & unflattering light. It was always about subtleties.

Because mike judge didn't do it all that much.

Because Hank's political ideas were so nonsensical.

He didn't want to vote for Bush despite him being the Texas Governor because the man had a weak handshake and told Luanne to listen to his words and not pick the hottest candidate to vote for while Bush was making bullshit platitudes.

Other than that Hank usually dealt with straw-leftists and were treated as such. Just about anyone political was portrayed as corrupt as any other person in town with the exception of Ann Richards for whatever reason.

Because Hank was the ideal of the Boomers that relied on their mediocrity to achieve their modest dreams while the rest of them fucked the dumb out of their money and the dumb just got cancer. Cotton may have been a sexist bastard but damn if he wasn't a great grandpa.

youtube.com/watch?v=fhGX5izia1U

Because it was lucky enough to get canceled before the internet political discourse went from "shit" to "jesus fucking christ".

When was that? I want to say 2014.

Hanks whole character is that he's a red blooded Texan fuddy duddy. It'd be out of character for him to just accept liberal stuff and not feel awkward about it

Brian was a voice of reason straight man to Peter
Lisa was the daughter dumb Homer had trouble connecting too
And Rick is suppose to be the struggling alcoholic who's the smartest man in the universe

Using them to talk about politics just screams bias and obvious they're mouth pieces

At least Brian used to be a good character. Lisa never has been. She's always served as groenings mouthpiece for just about every retarded belief he has. Even when she is proven flat out wrong she always gets her way and when that isn't the focus she serves as a douchey contrarian in the same manner Brian has become.

This

Which, the batshittery or the ending of KOTH?

Batshittery. I never traveled far from here, but I vaguely recall political discussion as being tolerable in 2013/2014. The Asay threads were fun.

>casuals think groening has anything to do with the simpsons

2015, 2016 ish.

It feels so long ago but I remember my dad dying before having to live to see this bullshit.

Well. At least you can believe he died having hope for the future of discourse, I suppose.

This. Other then a lasting hatred of "sissy twig boys" KOTH handled its politics fairly naturally.
Everyone else tends to use politics as mean-spirited potshots like Dick Wolf did on the law and order shows.

He died screaming for help in a hospital bed, confused at the loss of his leg.

Oh. I see.

Lighter note, last I heard, fox was interested in picking this show back up, weren't they? They were at least having some talks with Mike Judge about it, yeah?

>hank is so shook by bush jr having a weak handshake he rethinks voting completely.

KOTH politics were always handled well or entertainingly without an obnoxious bias.

The whole limp handshake thing was a running gag with my friends and I for years.

Because Hank Hill and his family were meant to be strawmen.

I wish I could have more of a sense of humor about it. My dad introduced me to tons of people as a kid, and it seems like every last one of them used their handshake as a method to assert dominance through pain over a small child.
I'm scared to death to shake hands when someone introduces me to their kid now. I don't want to be that asshole.

You are fucking unique, and that's not a good thing. The entire point is that you'd be inspired to grow up and have a strong handshake as well. Who the fuck diddled you that you made you think this way?

>I don't want to be that asshole.
Just do the dad joke of pretending theyre breaking your hand with an iron grip.

Likely because it did the reverse of the shows you mentioned. It started by pushing a loose political agenda, but ultimately just became a slice of life, whereas Family Guy, Simpsons and now slowly Rick and Morty moved from their respective niches to being more politically based.

It's actually the opposite. I tend to regard people with too strong grip as being fundamentally untrustworthy now - what the fuck are you compensating for that you can't just have a normal handshake like a well-adjusted human being?
That's actually a good idea. I might have to try that.

this

>implying Lisa wasn't good for the first eight seasons
>implying Groening has anything to do with the show since the movie

"its okay when i do it"
that's it
anyone who says otherwise is a fucking liar

>what the fuck are you compensating for that you can't just have a normal handshake like a well-adjusted human being?
Okay, how strong were they shaking your hand? There is a line between a firm handshake, and squeezing just to be a cunt. Although, it's rarely the later and more just the other person getting pissy.

Are you autistic? Serious question.

because even with 13 seasons nobody remembers or holds KOTH to the same regard the way people do with simpsons and family guy.

in short, nobody cares about koth.

Family guy and the simpsons are just overrated though.
KOTH was never wildly popular because it never tried to pander.

Holy fuck what a whiny cunt you are.
Your mother obviously ruined you.

It wasn't really one sided. It's not like Hank only believes in conservative values. He thinks it's always wrong to hit a kid and is actually big on environmentalism.

And then the traffic jam episode with chris rock.

The same reason Sup Forums doesn't complain about South Park's politics, they do a pretty decent job calling everyone on their shit, King of the Hill is just much more subtle about it (at least compared to South Park).