First Comic Series - Iron Man

Hey guys, I'm really late getting into comics, but decided to give them a shot. I'm picking up the original iron man comics and going through to the more modern issues. Advice for new to comics or new to Iron Man? General disscussion/ diss the newbie thread?

Read the new old stuff.
Read the ultimate universe.

You know what? Why don't marvel do issue about iron-man and captain america teaming up more?

Am I correct in thinking "Armor Wars"?

My bad, I see what you meant now.

Here's the rec chart for him, though I'm sure it probably needs to be updated.

I really appreciate this guys. I always had a weakness for "genius asshole" type characters, and to a degree I feel like Iron Man can scratch that itch. What does /co think of him in general?

>Why don't marvel do issue about iron-man and captain america teaming up more?

They do, it's called The Avengers.

>What does /co think of him in general?
Indifferent
I believe he means just Cap and Iron Man. Like when they were a double feature in Tales of Suspense or whatever.

>What does /co think of him in general?

I liked him better when he wasn't glowing and blue

Fuck it let's read a few of his early stories.

Avoid Marvel like the plague.

Between America Chavez, Champions, Whor, and Blackface Spiderman, it will make you wish you never started reading comics.

check out the British Invasion
Sandman, Hellblazer, Moore's Swamp Thing, Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Morrisson's Doom Patrol and The Invisibles

>Recommending the Fraction runs

Second only to Civil War in terms of character assassination. Just stop after the Busiek run.

Iron Man 219 - 221, because Ghost is getting an appearence in Antman and the Wasp.

this art is really charming, thanks for posting

Well, OP said he likes "genius asshole type characters", so guess the suggestions make sense, along with the "british invasion" from

These reccs are good. If you want a truly asshole genius read superior ironman. It's really fucking good.

My favourite iron man time travel story would be the Iron Age. Not the 90s Iron Man: Iron Age.

The 2011 one is just called Iron Age; it's 3 issues plus an alpha and omega issue.

Lastly I'd recommend the five nightmares; its in the 2008 Invincible Ironman 1-7. It's almost as good as Extremis. The rest of Matt Fractions run is divisive.

You could probably find a TPB for it

don't forget morrison's animal man

why did he turn evil in this one

>Indifferent
yeah, right. Sup Forums is shitting on him any chance they can get. Only time when they arent is when Bendis does something extra shitty with Riri.

Extremis is a very good characterstudy and re-working.

thats where american won over the world.

same reason rick became evil: he's a genius

there was an event that fucked with everyone's personalities. They kept Tony's flipped personality until Secret Wars because evil Tony is too fun.

Does anyone know if good guy Sabertooth is still a thing? or did that get reset?

He's not GOOD anymore, but hasn't gone back to psycho I think

Blame Marvel. Joking about the whole *glug glug* thing is one thing, but since civil war more or less they've been shitting on him and pretty much every other genius.