Return of real Jean Grey confirmed

To me this is only good if the old O5 and the new ones get merged, and we no longer have 2 of them

PHOENIX RESURRECTION RETURN JEAN GREY #1
MARVEL COMICS
PHOENIX RESURRECTION RETURN JEAN GREY #1
OCT170824
(W) Matthew Rosenberg (A/CA) Leinil Francis Yu
She will return, like a Phoenix from the ashes.
Years ago, Jean Grey died and the X-Men mourned her. Since then, the world has changed, her teammates have lived without her and died without her. And now, when strange events start happening all over the world, those teammates can only come to one conclusion - the one true Jean Grey is back!
Rated T+
In Shops: Dec 27, 2017
SRP: $4.99
previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT170824

>merged
Fuck that. Just replace them with the real ones and send the O5 back to their atl universe.

Fuck I hate Marvel

I want that but they wont do that, I also fear they wont even Merge them and we will have 2 O5 running around

>(W) Matthew Rosenberg
Who?

This is probably a fake out, why would they bother bringing back adult jean?

I don't like either Jean

It's about time to be honest. Just bring the real one back and stop teasing and hinting. It's been like 13 years

Whats the point of bringing back the "real" Jean at this point. We already have Teen Jean and Hope (not to mention Rachel).

the pic is not from the solicitation. it is just the most recent page with real Jean I had saved in my pc, from the Jean Grey solo.
We dont have any art yet of the return of real jean.

>merge nuJean with classic Jean

shit taste detected

and here I thought the X-line already reached the bottom
FUCK CLASSIC EVERYTHING!

I thought the whole point of Jean Grey's new book was that she WASN'T going to let her life be defined by the Phoenix Force...

Well at least this means all the Pheonix visions Teen Jean has been having aren't because she's becoming it.

So we're getting Charles and Jean back when everyone really wants either Scott or Logan back

He wrote the awesome Kingpin mini last year.

Jesus Christ, that Sam

>snikt snkit in the Legacy promo video

We are getting Wolverine back. I don't want him back, but we are. They will probably de-age OML or some other stupid shit like that.

I just want Cyclops back. His character development was the most interesting to me.

How old has Jean been dead?
she's actually be dead a pretty long time for such a major character

>I just want Cyclops back. His character development was the most interesting to me.
Agreed.
as a kid, I thought Scott was pretty lame, but from Schism onward Cyclops became based as fuck

>I just want Cyclops back. His character development was the most interesting to me.

Cyclops was such wasted potential, I guess they were affraid to go all the way with him and simply antagonized and killed him off, a shame that Marvel is unwilling to commit to any good idea they might have.

What was Jean Grey's last death anyway? When and how did she die?

doesn't this completely invalidates Generations Jean Grey?

>Implying Generations meant anything

Nothing was resolved from a stories they rushed out to appease people due to the backlash of Secret Empire. Nothing really happened in any of them that affected the characters at all, it was just nostalgia garbage.

The end of Morrison's New X-Men. She crashed into the sun I think.

Oh, well if it was Morrisson it was a death worthy of her.

>some phoenix bullshit happens because of JUDGE FROST trying to tap on the force manipulating o5 jean
>old man logan as a catalyst is de-aged by the normal wolverine soul assuming the body since the old man just wanted to rest, and the phoenix gives him the peace he wanted
>original 5 all gets absorbed by their present counterpart
>this way cyclops and jean are revived and iceman is not gay anymore
just hire me already marvel

Just to pop in and get lil Jean over like the rest of the Generations.
>Wow I can see now that you are the true Hulk/Wolverine/Iron Man/Jean Grey, an even better one than me!

How does it invalidate generations? At the end Adult Jean told teen Jean she'll see her again.

Are we stuck in a cycle of whenever Cyclops is dead, Jean comes back and as soon as Cyclops is back, Jean dies?

she was killed in Morrisons run around 2004 iirc. She wasnt crushed into the sun, Xorneto gave her a planetary scale stroke. (that wasnt his normal power level, he was only that powerful because of the drug kick)

Why don't they have Cyclops Generations? Wolverine and Jean get one.

Marvel hates Rightclops and they're angry how each time they try to make him wrong, he just becomes more right.

That would just put more spotlight on teenclops, who's awful. We don't need him getting any attention.

Generations is the heroes meeting their older counterparts when they are in their prime.

Cyclops was in his prime when he was Rightclops, something Marvel doesn't want to admit. It is really too bad, I would of loved to see Cyclops show Tykeclops how to lead.

Would be better if 4 mysterious new comers all claim to be the real Jean grey. A half cyborg Jean, a cloned teenage version of Jean, a Jean in a highly tech suit that gives her similar abilities and cold violent Jean with a visor. All calming to be the one true Jean. I would sooo read that

That's nice, but old Jean never turned anyone gay, so do we really need her?

there is already a teen jean, so 1/4 way from there

I only remember I saw Dwayne return in CoC, what else had he been up to?

horrible.

The ending was a bit weak

That's what's she's been doing since Bendis's book. She's been trying to avoid dying even though death is meaningless to her.

bringing bad JG is bad idea.
it's also a monkey paw-tier wish

what the holly fuck people can get forehead fat ?

Agreed.

Last I recall, Jean Grey-Summers didn't talk like a SJW twat.

She was a royal cunt, but talked like an adult.

Does anyone even like Jean Grey?

Only when Grant Morrison wrote her, but it was more like loved to hate.

Well. There are certain deviants, you know...

>iceman is not gay anymore
AAAAAAAAnd you're blacklisted.

I like Jean Grey. I thought everyone liked Jean.

I liked 90s Jean, she was the team conscience and a good wife and mother.

We must have read different comics. Jean has always been an abusive, mind raping shrew.

I'd rather a sluttier teen Jean than the one we have.

They actually ditched the costume thankfully

Jean was never a mother. Maddie was a mother.

Jean tried to kill Rachel and Cable in a fit of rage. She also constantly denied any connection or lineage towards Rachel.

They made the wrong character queer. So many of Jean's problems would be fixed if she were bi.

Maybe he meant mother as in motherfucker

I thought all X-Women were bi? Or according to Claremont, barely in the closet lesbians.

>calling someone a shrew because she's been hitting on your boyfriend
So you'd rather she be a cuck?
She and Scott went to the future and raised Cable in the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix.

Maybe I just think there should be more threesomes in comics.

Cyclops didn't cheat on Jean though. It was all in Jean's head and Betsy just fucks everyone.

Betsy has flirted and fucked Beast and Angel/Archangel.

Then again, Jean has made out with Archangel, Beast, and Cyclops at various times.

Then she tried cheating on Cyclops with Wolverine AND Fantomex. No one remember, but she flirted something fierce with Fantomnex when they first met.

>It was all in Jean's head and Betsy just fucks everyone.
Betsy was actively trying to pursue Scott and even licked engine oil off his face (which is dangerous, that's not for internal consumption). He got so freaked out about another woman making him erect that he took off to Alaska without warning, which got Jean heated enough to confront her about it.
>Then she tried cheating on Cyclops with Wolverine AND Fantomex. No one remember, but she flirted something fierce with Fantomnex when they first met.
Morrison wrote both of those because he had some head canon about how Jean and Scott were never really happy. I'm talking about 90s Jean, not 00s Morrison/Casey Jean.

both out of ideas and synergy

marvel is just sad at this point

If the 'leak' is real there's a moratorium on anything new being done with the X-men franchise. It's so Ike the kike can cockblock fox.

We need Charles back before teen-Jean turns the entire planet gay.

someone should photoshop out everything in the background and just keep; Dr. Strange and Jean in the foreground, the panel in the bottom, and the speech bubbles. for troll edits please

I miss the age of leather jackets/longcoats and leotards.

pls no

Yes! I love Jean and there's nothing you can do about it. I hope adult Jean gets a solo book along side Teen Jean. Now that shitclops is out of the way she won't have to be dragged down by him stealing the spotlight all the time and can be her own character.

>people thought it was gonna be sknitbub

That wasn't Jean, it was Phoenix

What can you do with this Sup Forums?

Considering the only new X-character we've gotten in years is Goldballs I dont think it's anything less than fact.

Lel

Are we happy about this or what?

>Jean tried to kill Rachel and Cable in a fit of rage.

Source? Are you talking about that annual where she fights them in an illusion created by Mastermind?

No, that was Nate Grey. And possibly Legion.

Of course, everyone here has already preordered. Marvel has finally saved the X-Men by bringing in another Jean Grey so we can have two of them!

Eh, Rosenberg is one of the few good writers left at Marvel, but I'm afraid this will be some editorially mandated bullshit
IMO the X-Men franchise won't be fixed till they get rid of the O5 (among other things)

Rosenberg is crap

there is a reason that jean grey stayed dead for that long

It'll be interesting to see how this sells. She's been gone so long that people thought she might really stay dead this time, so if they do this right, this could be a very big deal.

And yet it's been so long that a lot of her fans may have given up and quit reading long ago, especially after getting burned by so many teased returns in the 2000s.

Don't kid yourself, user. That reason was called "keeping Cyclops and Emma Frost together".

Jean was kept dead, and Storm was largely kept out of the core book, so Emma would be unchallenged as the lead female character.

Scott's dead and Emma's a villain now, so protecting them is no longer an issue.

So they can bring a younger version in to take her place?

there are many reasons to kill Jean. The 2 best X-Men writers (Claremont and Morrison), killed her.
Claremont hated her resurrection for X-Factor (it was such a ridiculous retcon we still dont know if she was the Phoenix or not, as soon as the Jean Grey legacy issue of a few weeks ago), and having to do the whole Inferno story.
Jean coming back also hurt forever Rachel as a character. The Jean replacement became obsolete.
The 2 worst things that happened to the X-Men, Busiek's X-Factor and the Bendis run, involve bringing back Jean.

Nothing was done "for" Emma. Everything was done "for" Scott.
They wanted Scott to become undisputed leader of the X-Men in the 2000s, he couldnt do that with Jean and Xavier around him. Emma was just the piece that fit better into the new plans for Scott. Without Xavier and Jean they needed another telepath, and she could be a symbol of Scott no longer being a boy scoutt, becoming more ruthless, morally grey, uncompromising.
The other good option would have been Psylocke.

Imo, Emma and Cyclops worked very well. X-Men from Morrison to Avengers vs X-Men were generally a very good comic, very high average quality. Emma and Cyclops have more and better comics with them as main characters than 90s X-Men + 80s X-Factor.

Now Jean and Scott are coming back because Cyclops commited the ultimate crime in comics, getting real character development from which he couldnt return, not staying the same for decades, making it impossible for a reset to the old status quo, and he had to die.

I am not mad about it, I want the X-Men to age, have kids, be replaced by younger generations, and die forever without resurrections. I want them to be different form the rest of Marvel, not always the same.

Bring Rightclops back pls

It's amazing how a fictional character consistently outsmarts real people

She was always going to come back.

Rachael's very existence has always proved that.

We'll get them too, sooner or later.

>he took off to Alaska without warning
God dammit, that's Scott's answer to everything. Worst leader ever. No way he could ever be right or gonna give it to ya.

How do you even write Jean at this point? Isn't she basically one with the Phoenix Force itself? Like she's basically a cosmic entity at this point so her having Earth and mutie adventures seems silly.

>Fantomex
What does anybody see in that prick

>We are getting Wolverine back. I don't want him back, but we are.
I do. I don't give a shit about Old Man Logan and X-23 will never be Wolverine no matter how much they try and push it; only Wolverine is Wolverine.

Just give her a new identity and give Logan his own book. And by his own book that's the only place he should be. At most he can also be part of Astonishing (replacing OML) but that's it. No thousand teams and guest appearances, no Avengers, just solo adventures and bigly X-Men stuff.

>we

Please don't.