Mister Miracle #2

Mister Miracle #2

The Second Clash Begins.

And here we go...

Also, sidenote, I hate it when they make the interior artist covers into variants. Shit should be main covers.

Huh

link?

First for Kingautist is a massive homosexual.

Just hit the win-o

After Venditti setting up Hal to outrace the Omega Sanction, the death that is life, you gotta take what you can. I'm starting to like King's Mr. Miracle more each day. At least he's trying.

>I'm too tall

Oh

>the best superhero story of the summer
>one issue

I mean it was a good issue but come on!

Really? King's going with this? This?

Gerad is the highlight. King is weighing him down here.

It's like Cosmic Odyssey Orion is the only one that matters.

>that sneer

I dislike the dialogue a lot but he's doing some good stuff, especially since I'm gonna credit all the interesting visual stuff to King. I'll give Gerard credit for stepping up, this is far better than his usual shit. He's come a long way since tracing on Punisher.

They keep using the word "God" with a capital G.

What was DC thinking putting this out the same week as metal. It's just gonna keep getting canibalized by it.

I hate how Starling's garbage gets directly referenced and followed up on more than Kirby's stuff.

Right?
It's even the basis of Bug: The Adventures of Forager.

And Orion is this prissy asshole in it.

Oh, I lost a lot of respect for Allred with that one.

Now that is a panel I find way more effective than the spamming in the first issue.

Woah...oh no...

This is silly, really really silly.

And that's all for this month

King is truly elevating the medium with his high minded style of writing. I feel embarrassed for those too simple to understand the esoteric literary allusions at play in his work. The intentional misspelling will clearly be misinterpreted as cutesy bullshit instead of an ode to the origins of onomatopoeia but we discerning readers know better.

hnnngggg

at least this is thought provoking and interesting

GQ certainly thinks so.

You know the problem isn't with King but with you right?.

Ignore Kingautist.

Thanks Dave.
I'm actually really liking this book so far. King clearly hasn't lost it after all.

>this is silly
Well yeah, the new gods were always the silly out of place space opera that never knew to end.

Yeah, sure, that's what I meant...

Ok that entire post is pretentious wannabe intellectual retard nerd autism. But this is a fun cape comic book with an evil old lady getting her head bashed in by a BBW. So yeah another hit from King.

so edgy

How the fuck is that edgy?

It's what I meant. The fourth world to me is characterized with silly costumes and names talking about the horrors of war and tyranny while the writer plays mad lib trying to come up with something new.

I mostly just used the word silly because I mean...."Is Orion Darkseid's son? Or are you?" is pretty dumb.

All of this is happening in Scott's head, so being Darkseid's real son and the one destined to kill him is probably one of his subconscious desires, like being really loved by Granny.
They are just dreams of a kid who had an awful childhood

I hope that comes to the forefront soon, cause this shit is twelve issues and it's already getting tiresome.

Nah King can't help but write in the nine panel grid so it'll probably take until the last couple of issues for them to break down and for everyone to act like he's reinvented comics again.

Or it could actually all be in Orion's head.

Oh fuck, shit got real

cute

I don't think it's all in Scott's head, but this isn't happening like this issue presented it to us. It may be that Scott is dead and this is his journey to Rebirth or something, he could still be escaping his suicide.

I really hope it's not so stupid as a dream

you, I like

>Scott becomes Darkseid's son
>which means Orion is no longer bound by prophecy to kill Darkseid

>Orion is becoming a despot
>Scott kills Orion

Would manipulation like that be past Granny? Leading one of her 'children' on, by something that does not exist? Or maybe -- Darkseid is?

this whole thing is weird, why is Orion the Highfather? Why is Izaya even dead? What on Earth is Darkseid doing here and what effect does it have on Scott? I actually like how confused I am, given there's 10 more issues

Just feels compounded by the idea that Orion is a sneering douche.

>orion becomes Scott's dad and Big Barda his mother and this turns out to be a retelling of oedipus rex
>Rex=King
>Tom King
oh dear god...

Bendis?

Motherfucker!

Edgy

Well that... sucked.

>you're beautiful

Barda a trap confirmed

War is edgy.

Is it? Don't you like Simonson's run that starts with "Orion, you are not actually Darkseid's son"?

I'm gonna have to disagree with you user, this was interesting.

is Venditti 's Green Lantern any good? they're story timing Venditti's fall of the gods part 3.

please explain Cosmic Odyssey Orion. haven't read it. I'm barely getting into cosmic DC.
I picked up Bug and it did have that panel page reference. was Cosmic Odyssey that important that they'll gloss over Kirby's original stuff?

seems to me that most don't get Kirby. even Mark Evanier has missed the mark on how to write Darkseid and the New Gods. Only Shane Davis has gotten it right this year.

I like the run, but that plot point is eventually forgotten. And I thought it was dumb then.

Cosmic Odyssey Orion is an upperclass prick.

"let's see how long I can Bendis the readers before they stop sucking my dick", the comics

>is Venditti 's Green Lantern any good?
No.

Orion is always a dick except for Kirby's New Gods.

He can be a dick in Kirby's stories too, but it's much more fleshed out and played with.

It was handed terribly while here we just get Granny Goodness trying to manipulate Scott's already broken mind.

I wouldn't say he's a dick there, he just has a short temper... sometimes.

Everything feels off like if something was wrong with reality. It's why most think he's actually dead or got omega sanctioned.

>"let's see how long I can Bendis the readers before they stop sucking my dick"
tip top kekz, bendis does it better

>you mean the comic book writer, brian michael bendis?

yes, that bendis! the one true michael bendis who writes comics over at Marvel using nothing but bendis-speak.

>art thou speakth in thy bendis-tongue?

yes that bendis and king is a pretender of panel wasting like my post

Man only other guy who got Kirby's Orion was Simonson in his series. Which makes sense considering he wrote one of the best Thor runs.

Look at the panels in this issue though. None of them are ever repeated or recycled like Bendis panels.

Okay, call me dumb or whatever but I really just don't get this. I THINK I like New Gods but I can't tell if I actually enjoy it. I read Darkseid Special, MM #1 and #2, I knew Orion from Azarello's WW. And I read like 7 issues of Kirby old stuff.

That feels like a pretty good amount of exposure to not know what the fuck is going on. Can someone spoonfeed me? From what I glean from this thread New Gods is this big silly overextravagant space opera with silly costumes and concepts, but I can't follow this story at all.

Scott killed himself in issue 1? He's married to/bf+gf with Big Barda. Now he's fighting a war. But it's all in his head? Help pls

I love this sequence

This is just lame. I always disliked the idea of Orion becoming the new High father. I much prefer
>Orion, we need you. You must become the new Highfather
>No. I am a DOG OF WAR, my place is on the BATTLEFIELD. I nominate Lightray as the NEW HIGHFATHER!!!
Besides, it's silly to have the best New God warrior sit out the war.
Also, they talk about formalities but Lightray is just Lightray and not General Lightray?

Eerie, another great page

Another good page. Granny breaks minds, she doesn't just whip niggas.

I hate copy paste panels

King, you idiot! They're gods, not aliens. They don't age like people.

Cute

Scott's mind is so fractured that he actually buys this bullshit.

It's interesting enough as a whole, especially in this bland period for comics.

>leaving without Stormforge
dick move Barda

we don't really know what is happening yet. This IS a lot of setup and he will have to stick the landing for this cause otherwise it's just a bunch of disconnected shit. Hopefully next issue starts to give us some clues as to what's happening

>Scott killed himself in issue 1?
He attempted suicide but he didn't die.

>But it's all in his head?
It's currently ambiguous. No one knows if this story is really happening to Scott, or if this is just part of Darkseid's fuckery.

>mass quoting
Fucking retard.

It was short but I feel Len Wein got the feel of the New Gods in DC Universe: Legacies. In issue 8, he retells the first issue of the New Gods but from the point of view of Claudia Shane when Orion saves them from Apokolips. Len got down Orion and got his tragic side as well. Frank Quietly does the pencils.

It would make sense for Orion to be hated by the others from Apokolips. He got a silver spoon placed win his mouth, the better end of the deal as oppose to Scott. Some resentment should be there. It's a Kirby trope to begin with. He had it with Thor and Loki. I thought it was a good line by Barda in issue 1 to allude to this fact, calling Orion soft for living in New Genesis. That's something that should trouble Orion because a) he seems himself as this vengeful Dog of War macho type and b) he feels alien to New Genesis, as he doesn't belong there because he really is from Apokolips but he can't accept his lineage because it's evil and the conditions on Apokolips are horrendous. Orion rejects his shadow self and his culture, something truly tragic and it feels his anger. It's only cooled down with his acceptance of his present adopted home world. Something he'll protect to the very end. Kirby hinted at this with Superman in Jimmy Olsen's title. He made Superman feel like an outsider because he was one. Kirby and most of New York had to live with this immigrant mentality. To make a home in a new world where most don't accept you. Powerful stuff.

>"You're beautiful" done in the exact same pose.
>Next panel focuses on Barda's crotch.

THE MEMES HAVE GONE TOO FAR!

>I THINK I like the new gods
Ain't that just the truth.

Contain your autism. I just have mixed opinions on the issue as a whole and commented on the scenes individually.

I will say that even if this Barda is actually under Darkseid's control that I still love her and Scott's relationship.

Would you guys have been okay if they showed full nudity here? Maybe steamy stinky sex?

I like it when Granny acts like a granny.

>Frank Quietly does the pencils.
I thought that was just a straight redrawing of the second issue, didn't remember it being different.

Me? Yes. Majority of readers? Probably not.

Venditti's GL is great.

I hear Edward Asner's voice while reading Granny's lines

Well ready it's a synthesis of both issue 1 and 2.

Yeah I forgot, majority are faggots here.

I mean... Everyone's trying to push their dickgirl fetish on that page, so...