Why does this show risk so much plot and world building for SOL episodes?

We're about to miss the space adventure arc we should have gotten during wanted to listen to a bunch of boring people's insignificant problems.

Sugar doesn't care about entertaining anyone, she just wants to push feel emotional sjw agenda. Just watch something good instead.

Because it is a shitty show.

Well I know that, but even the bad ones aren't this bad at pacing.

I think it's sort of an interesting approach to world building. Smaller things that are really important to the every person still happens, even if more important things are happening, and we get to see those things.
There maybe grand wars, and ecological and economical crises going on in our world right now.
But Jim is still heartbroken because his dad who has been there for him all his life, recently died form cancer.
Sasha just got that promotion that she's been working hard for for the past 10 years.
The Whippersnappers are celebrating their first little league victory, after having lost so many times.
Lisa's dog just ran away, and the family is desperately trying to find it again.
All of these things can seem minor compared to the grander things going on at the same time, but to the individual people those are the most important things currently.
It can help make the world feel like an actual world where people exist, instead of a setting used to tell a story.

Or they have no no fucking idea what they're doing when it comes to pacing, and I'm just talking out my ass. Who knows.

Fpbp

Sucrose is a hack.
It worked in the first season but now it's just annoying.

this is honestly why i don't watch this show. Every SU thread i see is "OMG why is X such a bitch to Y" or "that feel when X did thing" or "What are some other shows with emotional blah blah blah like x and why's relationship blah blah Steven Universe blah blah" and then I see on twitter the most Nu Male fuckers saying "Steven Universe is the greatest cartoon ever made and one sec while i pick up my gluten free avacado something burito thing from earth burger I would never think of hitting on a woman without first registering for the international "flirter approved" list first so as not to offend any feminine thing ever oh please god please don't let me ever express any masculinity ever ahhhh gotta scream over my slight arousal of a mid drift i just saww ahhhh ahhh please kill me!!!!!!!"

Because the wants to be two different things at once. It wants to be that show with lore and an overarching plot, but at the same time, it also wants to be a SOL comedy. And it just doesn't work because of how awkwardly the Sugar tries to marry the two concepts together. You'll have some kind of arc like the Malachite arc where the priority is to find Lapis/Jasper or else they'll go out of control and start wrecking the entire planet. But instead, the plot just comes to a grinding halt because we have to have a several episodes of Steven dicking around with the townies until the plot is ready to start up again. The months long hiatuses between episodes only end up making it even more noticeable and jarring as well.

Same user. Please excuse the errors, I'm very sleepy at the moment.

As someone who actually enjoys SU, the fanbase is fucking obnoxious.
I hate that so many people here seem to shit on the show for stupid reasons, but I honestly can't blame them if their main exposure to the show is through its fans.
I rarely even discuss the show with people because you're either dealing with /sug/-types, the progressive fags who only likes the show because it's "so gay", or the haters who shit on it without ever watching the show, making actual discussion useless. People are too fucking polarized on it.

same.

Lars fucking died, Steven deserves to chill and somehow tell everyone that it's his fault.

Yeah, and because Lion just so happens to be missing, Steven will spend the time (he should be using to find him) talking about feelings with the citizens.

Glad you keep using the same image so it's easy to identify bait threads.

This isn't bait. It's the truth.

I'm sure it wouldn't be that much of a problem if the stuff with the humans was anything unique or good. Fact of the matter is 90% of the human SOL is just boring and doesn't separate the show from every other SOL show. It's not like Ed Edd and Eddy with characters and situations that are actually funny.

People come for the gem sci-fi because that's what separates this cartoon from other cartoons.

I used to think about SU this way. I never gave it a chance, because I thought it was peddling a bunch of pc pap, but then my roommates were watching it while I was cooking food one night and I got hooked.

The fanbase is retarded, but the people who shit on the show and say that it's pure SJW propaganda are also retarded. Sure, there's a few times where certain ideology is ham-fisted into the show, but in my experience it's a fun cartoon that can be funny and serious just fine. There is a lot of lesbian relationships but it's easy to look past that shit and just roll with it. I've enjoyed it so far.

Like everything else in the fucking world everyone is waaaay too polarized over it.

That being said, I agree with OP, it could use more plot and less SoL, it gets annoying when you go more than 2 episodes without seeing any of the Gems.

I hate how people shove Wanted in our face when all we got was 5 seconds of homeworld while the other 44 minutes was in a white or black void and a cave.

I also hate how we only met two new gems while the rest were fusions and a recolor that can't even show their face.

It's only really Season 4 where the SOL stuff sucked. I have no idea how Future Boy Zoltron or Rocknaldo got past the intitial stages. At least Tiger Philantropist was related to character development and tied up the wrestling subplot for Steven and Amethyst. Hopefully it gets better in S5, and Reunited is about how the Townies were effected by Steven and Lars being taken to space so that's a good first step.

Disagree entirely, Wanted deserves every bit of praise it got. We're going to see more of Homeworld, it doesn't matter if it's above or below ground. My only complaint with it, and it's kind of minor, is that the Off Colors could've been introduced better but they still turned out great so it's a nitpick really.

You're absolutely talking out your ass and you know it.

"Blue, lets just shatter rose and get this over with!"
Well, why not just fucking do it already asshole? You just poofed two zircons.

Steven's slowly getting away, lets just look at him and say..

"You're on OUR WORLD now..."

One episode later steven is home.

Wow! That totally was worth the praise

It was underwhelming.
>Blue and Yellow weren't as peeved as they should have been
>The trial of the biggest criminal is set in a black void with nothing but the pearls and two lawyers
>Steven got sued. That chilling line Blue Diamond said means nothing
>They've thrown away everything the Rose killed Pink thing accomplished for a whodunit

And to top it all off, Lion is going to get lost. So the cool adventures and insight on homeworld we should be getting will be offscreen while we listen to the humans and their little problems.

Plus, (once again, the main character's POV deal this show has is screwing us) we probably won't get proper flashbacks since everything will be in silhouette form and most of the characters will be voiced by the person telling the story.

I loved the first season because between episode 1 to 52 it seamlessly transitioned from a SOL comedy show to a serious emotional drama/action adventure, with the the season finale seeming to open the floodgates for all kinds of even more wild shit to happen from then on.

But then from S2 onward barely anything does happen. The status quo is restored with the exception of a few bad gems getting extremely drawn out redemption arcs before being relegated back to supporting cast status. Every new threat/villain is an anticlimax and at this point almost every main character has had their emotional arcs resolved and then some. It needs to wrap up already.

wait what? has their been news? tell man you gatta tell me I NEED MY SPACE ROCKS FIX!

I thought The Trial was amazing and one of the best episodes the show's ever put out. Whatever floats your boat.

It's probably going to get 3-4 more seasons. What it NEEDS to do is actually get shit rolling. We've had more than enough setup right now.

>listening to people on the internet instead of making a decision for yourself.

Save the Light is coming in Fall and will probably drop alongside a bunch of new episodes. That's all we know right now.

i do hope that we'll have this season be build up to war, next season actual war, and last season a bittersweet aftermath.

Ultimately, it comes down to "Nothing is happening in this fucking show"

I think S6 will be a "try and fix corruption but not really" thing. Not being cynical, just seems like the logical next step.

They just need to tighten the SOL episodes, make plot stuff more exciting and trim the fluff from the crew. Zuke and Raven are gone (meaning less sloppy art or gremlin Peridot) and the current head writers left after Season 5 was completed. It'll be completely refreshed for the sixth season onwards.

Cheaper and less difficult to animate, gives the Koreans some breathing room in between the plot.

They had almost all of season 4 and will be getting the first few episodes of season 5. It's time for them to finally get serious.

>Raven is gone

Didn't know that. THANK GOD.

S5's been described as a "rollercoaster rocketing forward". Even with the upcoming special focusing on the Townies it's still going to be important to the plot. Lapis arc, Lars of the Stars, Pink Diamond mystery etc.

Can somebody tell me what Zuke and Raven did?

Didn't Zuke halt Lapis' development so she could fulfill her lapidot ship?

> Zuke
Blah blah blah wanted to make a wooby Lapis and a gay Peridot who spouted memes and thought Sugar was "uprooting and destroying" this. Fucked off and mid-season 5 will feature her final episode.

> Raven
No idea, she completed the first four seasons and left. Rumor is she was unhappy with an upcoming plot twist regarding Lars "not being a character in the show any more". People have speculated it's either A) A second and FINAL death, or B) He'll get mind corrupted and be a slobbering beast until like mid season 6.

Best Gem?

only answer

>Zuke

Idk about Raven but her style was just plain hideous. I liked Zuke's art but eh

The thing is it was occasionally good but it went to absolute shit in the fourth season. You know that meme image showing Peridot's gradual shrinkage over time? The midgets all were because of her.

I heard a rumor steven universe is going ti be ending on its 6th season. Is this true or hogwash?

I like a lot the her first three desings, but then looks like a parody of her original self.

Nah, no evidence of that yet. If anything they're probably working on S7 right now.

The fuck are you people talking about? Raven/Paul episodes were consistently when the show was at it's best looking and most expressive.

because this whole thing is a fucking mistake and they know it, so theyre just delaying the inevitable

Most expressive, yes. Best looking? I'd say Paul is up there in that regard. Paul, Jeff/Colin and Rebecca. Amber's stuff is probably gonna be good too.

Cartoon Network wants them to

Just a dumb meme now that "inconsistent char models" has become popular to complain again.

man FUCK this tumblr sjw shitshow!

Because the only shows they watch are drama and shojo anime. No sci-fi whatsoever. Not even Nanoha.

Why would you post such a cringy image?

Got your attention, didn't I?

No point, I don't speak weeb

same old truth...
Sorry bitch, ksy

>And to top it all off, Lion is going to get lost.

>we now have a direct link to Homeworld
>Steven and the Gems could come and go as they please, providing us with a multitude of lore drops, story hooks, and adventures
>but that would be fun, so instead Lion is going to vanish for a while
>who's ready for more townies?!

Season 1 was smart enough to use monsters of the week and weird gem artifacts to make sure that the slice of life adventures didn't feel completely disconnected from the rest of the show. Episodes like Onion Gang and Restaurant Wars really, really needed that extra element in them.

There's only been one confirmed townie episode.

>Just watch something good instead.
So nothing then?

How do we get SU cancelled?
It needs to die and we're the bullet.

Restaurant Wars is like two tiers above Onion Gang on the townie scale. For starters it's actually funny.

No it wasn't.
It was literally Onion Gang tier.
Get some taste.

What the fuck would make a difference? CN doesn't even air the show.

The fandom would be dead.
CN would finally focus on other shows.
We can dance on the graves of SU.
And SJWism would decrease by 20%.

Wouldn't you want to see all the townies dead?

Out of how many confirmed episodes for this bomb?

There was a confirmed bomb?

Since it's agreed that SoL is killing this show, let's stick it to the Jewniverse.

ITT: we kill off the townies in the most painful ways possible. I'll go first.

>Connie's parents try 69ing for the first time and end up suffocating to death.

I... Guess so? I don't fuking know. We are getting new episodes soon, so I assumed that's what's going to happen.

The last time a new episode was announced, everybody ended up getting rused.

The MIB comes out of the woodwork and makes them disappear. Wholesale.

Can there be rape involved.

Guys, look, SU isn't supposed to be good! Don't you get it? SU is subversive in that, unlike other shows, it's made to be bad!

>trying this hard
Nobody was even defending the show you mong.

t. Butthurt SU fag

t. butthurt autist

Is it part of he comics?

Did you finish your homework, young man?

Like you wouldn't believe.

*Is rape part of the comics?

How the fuck does a show that never airs become so popular?

I've been browsing this site since 06.
Get bent.

Fine.

How is LH's schedule now that I'd think about it?

Oh yeah? Well, I've been here since '04! >:(

Because it does not have a script to follow, so the team spends most of their time improvising until Storybord has plot to get ready,

Hi Rebecca.

>not just watching the show

dummy.

>Not XCOM

This show just takes too long to get to the point. A plot develops, everyone meanders around, nothing happens for a long time, and then they finally get back to the plot. It's like being on a really long road trip and everyone wants to stop every hour or so to piss or get snacks.

>Good job user. $0.25 have been deposited to your account.

Hello Neo Sup Forums. Shouldn't you be starting a Randy thread right now?

The fact that Rebecca has confirmed this in interviews shows what a disgrace she is to animation.

When SU eventually gets cancelled, the mere celebration will make Charlottesville look like a tea party.

>The Pizza family are strung up on a tree by the Klan.
>As the Pizza family is hanging dead, the Klan is seen eating their food.
>"Wow, those jigaboos make better pizzas than those wops we fried last week!"

>Ronaldo ends up overloading the frier, distracted by hentai.
>The frier then explodes, coating the Frymans is scorching oil.
>The Frymans are reduced to screaming piles of fried flesh as they slowly meet their demise.

>Onion captures his family and ties them up, completely naked.
>With the help of his friends, Onion, dressed in Native American gear, shoot arrows, impaling the Fish and Chips family.
>Suddenly, Onion's gang jump the boy and decapitate him with a tomahawk.

>Mayor Dewey goes on a major coke binge and begins hallucinating a seductive Pearl.
>Under the impression that he was being led by Pearl, Dewey the dunce falls from his balcony.
>Instead eating pavement, Dewey landed on Buck, killing them both.