Captain Planet will be crossing over with OK K.O.!

twitter.com/tobytobyjones/status/908000767834972166

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3JeLcP7Xa5o
twitter.com/tobytobyjones/status/908000767834972166
youtube.com/watch?v=aon3SdpYins
youtube.com/watch?v=BNrxq9DubQ8
dailymotion.com/video/x551v6l
dailymotion.com/video/x55bvz9
dailymotion.com/video/x3utg5f
dailymotion.com/video/x27nf8n
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZGczi289rY
youtube.com/watch?v=i__ztikjTok
youtube.com/watch?v=SmypHQ5AUxQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Essay_on_the_Principle_of_Population
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=3JeLcP7Xa5o

Already being forced to do crossovers as an attempt to kill the show, huh? Sad!

Yay, I thought he was forgotten. But will all the other kids appear?

>a show that's 99% references to other, better shows is now forced to do crossover gimmicks to gain an audience.

>twitter.com/tobytobyjones/status/908000767834972166
There is one planeteer in the pic

I hope they pick on the guy with the power to talk to monkeys

Captain Tumblr

When the fuck did Captain Planet become relevant again?

Remember when Captain Planet fought with Gitler?

does that mean K.O is fucking dead in ratings?

>look at how cool I think the stuff from when I was younger is

youtube.com/watch?v=aon3SdpYins

He's a mega mac daddy of ecology

>95308837
>people again are automatically assuming that this is to spike up ratings

It's been pretty clear many times that CN doesn't give a fuck about ratings for television.

>Captain Planet was one of the first modern shows to air on CN
makes sense

i wouldn't say relevant, but captain planet is something people somehow know about without seeing it. sort of like speed racer.

Fuck Ted Turner

captain planet is a meme show

the show premiered just a month and a half (3 months if you count the eps officially released early online) ago, the ep's been in the works since before the show's premier

Get cancer!

Wasn't that the hero who is supposed to protect Earth from pollution but his only weakness is pollution?

>Stop breeding don't breed breeding destroys ecology
>From a show made by a guy who has 5 kids

Actually legit

youtube.com/watch?v=BNrxq9DubQ8

>5 billion

shit now is 7 billion

Then why do they bother promoting the fourth PPG in that shitty PPG reboot

>tfw Cpt Planet's propaganda is responsible for the white genocide going on today
t-thanks cap

Don't worry we'll never go over 12 billion

Technically fifth. Never forget.

If India and China stop pussyfooting around and just go to war already we would have nothing to worry about.

This still isn't cancelled?

>this many samefags on the same thread trying so hard

That's cool. Which Captain Planet episodes are the best? I never saw it.

I guess that explains why they put the entire series on demand.

As much as I like Captain Planet it's sort of outdated. It made more sense back in the 90s when everyone was still bluepilled about global warming. But we all know better now.

Global overpopulation is a meme. Overpopulation is a strictly regional issue: if the city, state, maybe even country is overpopulated, then there might be an issue. The world? Never. How is having only one kid in Canada going to help the population in India? It's stupid.

So that's why captian planet is on demand on cox cable right now.

>How is having only one kid in Canada going to help the population in India?
By there being one more available job position for an immigrant.

REEEEEEEE

What's the point of this? Does the target audience have any idea who Captain Planet is? Is it just nostalgia bait for the older viewers?

Overpopulation
dailymotion.com/video/x551v6l
Selling nuclear bomb to Hitler
dailymotion.com/video/x55bvz9
AIDS
dailymotion.com/video/x3utg5f

CN marathons it every Earth Day to make kids parents feel guilty about their cars

That's only true if you're willing to kill people for your tribalism (hint that's the correct answer)

All the episodes were made months ago.

You forgot the drug episode

this one actually made me stay away from drugs
28 here and never tried any drug

dailymotion.com/video/x27nf8n

Thank you!
>Selling nuclear bomb to Hitler
Reminds me of the JLA/JSA comic (event?) where Per Degaton messed with time and got an atom bomb before it was created.
I'll check this one out too.

>episode: Numbers Game
>wheeler doesn't get why poor people don't just have fewer kids
>gets shit of for being insensitive
>Learns a lesson about family planning
>every still treats him as wrong even though he was actually correct

>episode: population bomb
>planeteers complain about overpopulation and how they need to spread awareness of family planning (directly calling China's one-child policy as a positive thing)
>wheeler complains that this infringes on people's right to have children
>gets shit on for asking a damn question
>learns a lesson about family planning AGAIN

YOU HAVE ENTERED A DAMAGE CONTROL THREAD

Why?

just turn your brain off bro

Nah Ian does crossovers for memes. His whole idea for Say Uncle was just to make whiny SUfags mad. He thinks this shit is hilarious.

>even in promo pictures the characters are off model
this cartoon is a fucking disgrace

Nobody care about cartoons anymore not even studying Preston Blair

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZGczi289rY

Hope Hitler shows up to kick his blue faggot ass again

>captain planet was the literal posterchild of nanny state schwarbage, made by commitee bullshit, faux kumbaya corporate garbage that fucking nobody liked
>artists actually bring it back as a DUDE SO COOL AND OLD AND RETRO AND GEEK CHIC LMAO

its... like, man, I'm not even Sup Forums, it's just that it feels like all the cartoonists working these days were a bunch of lame teacher's pet pussies.

Where the fuck is the rebellion, where the fuck is any of the cool edge that kids actually gravitate to? What kid is gonna look at that and not think its just fucking weak and lame?

Where's the teeth, where's the passion, where's any of the shit that makes cartoons and entertainment any fucking fun? No fucking wonder kids don't wanna watch this shit and just play videogames instead.

damn he's so pathetic

youtube.com/watch?v=i__ztikjTok

Calarts was a mistake

I think Ian would be really bummed out if he saw this

Ted is behind this, I just know it

youtube.com/watch?v=SmypHQ5AUxQ

>all these people bitching about crossovers
It's like they forgot how to have fun, cause they are dope

>tfw you will never experience the first time Superman and Batman crossed over in the comics
That must have been the coolest thing ever, especially since comics were so big at the time.

We're just soulless beings who only think in frustration and anger because we refuse to be enjoy anything that isn't the way we want it and complain about when something is different or tries something new.

>completely different designs together

absolutely disgusting

Did the Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour do it right?

That's what Malthus said about 1 billion.

Yeah, kids' cartoons really used to be and should be the best place to be edgy and politically incorrect.
If that wasn't clear, I was being sacrastic.

Shouldn't you be working on Cans Without Labels, John Kricfalusi?

Linka or Gi?

was the lelo and stitch show just a crossover whore?

Wasn't there an American Dragon crossover too?

why the fuck are you bringing politics into this you fucking Sup Forumsbaiter

rebellion isn't fucking political, having an edge isn't political, having fun isn't political. It's just blatantly clear these shows are going for safe inside humor that doesn't offend. That isn't to say comedy HAS to offend, but christ, could they just pull something that's actually daring, actually visually impressive, something that isnt this trite baby bullshit?

Did you ever even watch cartoons as a kid? Remember how cool the powerpuff girls were, how they had a lot of cool monster designs that were cute but the girls still beat the everloving shit out of them, and the humor was actually, you know, meant to make you laugh instead of filling time with user sequitur? Remember how weird some shows would get, how they'd get experimental sometimes? Remember when you watched an action sequence in dexter's lab and it was actually cool and left you in awe? Remember going out of your way to watch a show you liked because it did something different that you enjoyed, and you avoided the lame blander shows that played it safe because they just weren't as interesting?

Remember what it was like to be a fucking kid that had fun? Because I don't think these cartoonists do. Kids don't like shit that's safe. As shitty as TTG is, I'm pretty sure the reason kids go nuts over it is because the humor is pretty irreverent and transgressive. If it was just a happy, good christian values show, who the fuck would watch it?

And that's what these shows are, they're fucking lame, safe, reverent shows with nothing going on and its fucking B O R I N G.

Yet still better than an Uncle Grandpa crossover...

>It's okay if the characters are off model because it's a comedy.

the crossover with SU was great though

So when do we get a crossover with M.Bison?

The fact that you're letting it bother you is the problem.

remember that one time a kid died from drug overdose on that show

>Implying that ratings even matter to CN anymore

It's all about that sweet, sweet CN App Streaming money, they saw the success of Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, they know what's up.

AND a Recess crossover AND a Proud Family crossover.

But OK KO does that too.

I can see this working perfectly

What I want to know is, will they parody the whole environmental message of the show, or will they play it straight and hammer the audience over the head with it like the original?

Hammering it would be parodying it, at this point. I hope they just plau it straight without being cheesy. It's no fun if you're just bringing him up to be made fun of like literally anyone else has hundreds of times.

Linka, always Linka. That accent, man.

> It's no fun if you're just bringing him up to be made fun of like literally anyone else has hundreds of times.
That's exactly what will happen and I think you know it.

Captain Planet was made to be bullied.

These were lame and felt rushed and you know it

This is just weird. I can understand a crossover but a crossover with a show from 20 years ago?

Check the app. Captain Planet episodes are getting added today so this crossover happened to promote the app

I think everyone is missing the important question. What's Captain Planet's level?

Subterrenean

I dont even know or care if OK KO has good ratings.
This is a fucking stupid idea.

The UG parts were easily the weakest bits of the episode. Still it was funnier than it had any right to be.

No, it's just Malthusian Anti-Humanism that's been going on since the very end of the 18th century.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Essay_on_the_Principle_of_Population

It was wrong when it was first published in 1798, and it's become increasingly wrong with every year that goes by. It's really quite funny how fucking wrong he is and how many people still believe in his theory.

While it is true that many mammalian species have fairly predictable population growths and declines - both due to a limit on food supplies, as can be seen in various studies on cyclical patterns of predator populations vs prey populations, as well as due to the usually mutually exclusive reproductive strategies of r-selection vs K-selection - the simple fact is that the human species is not in the same category as a wolf (carnivore, K-selected) or rabbit (herbivore, r-Selected) and thus studies on such populations cannot be applied to humans.

A far better comparison would be with eusocial insects; which make use of both K-selection and r-selection strategies thanks to their superorganism collective society, are omnivorious, and are adept at manipulating their environment. Eusocial insects spread everywhere, with seemingly no cap on their population. Right now there are 100 TRILLION ants on Earth, and that's just an estimate, but even so that would mean that the total organic mass of all ants is equal to the total organic mass of all humans. The amount of Earth's raw usable matter which humans make up is still not enough to even make us notice that several eusocial species take up the exact same amount of organic resources.

There are checks on insect populations, however, and that check is disease and parasites. There is no Gaia that looks down and says 'oh, too many of those species down there', then creates a plague; a numerous species is simply too common for any parasite to not switch to. And it's in a parasite's best interest to only kill a percentage of hosts, as well.

So SWAT KATS cross over when?

Dave confirmed on the r/okko discord that this is gonna be one of his and haewon's eps

Not one of these looks the same, how is this possible.

Well then you stopped being nine years old.

>Skeleton

I really hope he's a fun guy

That is one ugly motherfucker

>but a crossover with a show from 20 years ago?
OK KO is all superheroes and things from 20 years ago

all about*