Gravity Falls

Does anyone have a source for the whole "cancelled season 3" thing? I haven't been able to find anything outside Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/gravityfalls/comments/1kgq85/i_am_alex_hirsch_creator_of_gravity_falls_ask_me/
tvguide.com/news/jason-ritter-gravity-falls-1049324/
blogs.disney.com/insider/2016/02/15/inside-the-decision-to-end-gravity-falls/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There was an article on the Wire about why season 2 took so long to produce.

I'm looking for confirmation that season 3 was ever actually planned.

Been trying to look through interviews with Hirsch but sorry, I can't take this guy. He annoys me.

Yeah, he's just folling arround when someones ask him about show

Hirsch said once that he planned 3 season and a movie(AMA at reddit) but that was at season one. During season 2 it was very clear that it's too much work for him and he quit.

Got a link for that?

>I haven't been able to find anything outside Sup Forums.

There's a reason for that.

Sup Forums lies.

Sup Forums ALWAYS lies.

So why did Matt Chapman leave during season 2?

What? Wikipedia says he co-wrote the episode just before the finale.

>Short question: Ideally, how many seasons would you like to do?
>alexhirsch[S]
Originally I thought three. That may be too many though. Perhaps 2 and a movie. Im more interested in quality than quantity. But I suppose anything can happen

reddit.com/r/gravityfalls/comments/1kgq85/i_am_alex_hirsch_creator_of_gravity_falls_ask_me/
Here you lazy fuck.

>Originally I thought
So there weren't any actual plans? Man, fuck Sup Forums.

Don't blame co. They are as lazy as you and don't remeber that shit perfectly after 4 years. They don't google it. You didn't google it.

First off, it's Sup Forums not co.
Second, the burden of proof is on those posting their retarded theories.

>Im more interested in quality than quantity
too bad we got neither

You don't know how you would think about the show after three seasons.

He probably said something like that earlier. Maybe in his animation magazine interview in 2012 maybe in the podcasts he attended. Just because you can find the source of every shit he said doesn't mean he never said it.
Don't take Sup Forums as a first hand source.

>Don't take Sup Forums as a first hand source.
That's the whole point of the thread, moron.
>Just because you can find the source of every shit he said doesn't mean he never said it.
If a source cannot be found he may as well have never said it, yes.

Take it as a hint. There may be something. Demand a source AND google yourself. Other people aren't your secretaries who have to memories every source.

>Other people aren't your secretaries who have to memories every source.
If they're spreading BS theories about a show years after it ended, then yeah they kinda do.

Right. Call them out if you know better. But how new are you that you don't know that anonymity promotes lazy claims. Anons can't ruin their own names so why should they care about being right?

Here you fucking go, now stop defending the lazy hack that is Alex:
tvguide.com/news/jason-ritter-gravity-falls-1049324/
>"We have a three-season arc conceived, and at the end of season three, summer is over,"

Here's even more background for you:
blogs.disney.com/insider/2016/02/15/inside-the-decision-to-end-gravity-falls/

>Does anyone have a source for the whole "cancelled season 3" thing?
There was never a "cancelled season 3" thing, especially if you're implying that someone else was to blame. It was just that Hirsch originally wanted to do 3, and Sup Forums interpreted the shift to 2 as bitching out under the stress of being a showrunner.

>So there weren't any actual plans? Man, fuck Sup Forums.
There were plans, they just changed. GF was one of Disney's best shows and they were hoping for a third season. But Hirsch was given the hiatus schedule ahead of time and knew how much time he was already sinking into the show, so he decided to condense it into 2 seasons.

>as bitching out under the stress of being a showrunner.
It kind of was. He was putting crazy amounts of time into the show during season 1, and the release schedule was slow as hell, so it's perfectly understandable he wouldn't want to do it forever. Most hate he gets for that is just memeing.