What is wrong with them?

Going mad with sequels since Disney bought them

FPBP

>marvel
>lucasfilm
>pixar

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

(((Money)))

Money, and a bad case of sequelitis. It's obvious they had not planned beyond Toy Story 3.

They think there is an exact formula for making a good movie and then they do it every time to increasingly diminishing results.

and then that formula was copied by disney.

it means it works

John Money was a sociopathic pedophile

Quite frankly, only Americans are like this, so cynical and harsh about what PIXAR does.
They think it's cool to say something edgy about PIXAR, while the other countries don't.
On the contrary, outside of the US, PIXAR is highly approved and respected.
If you throw shade at PIXAR in front of non-US people, you will come off as a deranged guy with a fucked-up life.

Don't forget China. Most of Hollywood's profits now come from China nowadays.

nothing now go to bed you have school tomorrow.

Shut the fuck up, Euros are getting just as tired with Pixar as Americans, and both of them still respect Pixar, they're just feeling fatigued from the sequels. Stupid fucking tripfag.

Sequels

U mad bro? I'm just telling ya truth.
My twitter is filled with anime fans and jap animators, however, I hardly ever hear them saying negative things about PIXAR.

i guess this contention depends on what "works" means, all I know is that by the time the snuffleupagus in inside out died i was fucking bored!!!

granted i am also not a child between the ages of 3 and 11 who have never seen a movie yet that this movie is made for but my point stands, maybe

I'll take running out of ideas for 500, alex

They can make more money churning out Toy Story and Cars sequels than if they bothered with new films.

New shit costs more and requires a lot more work. Better just shit out a new Toy Story and let the tie-in money roll in

You can only redo the
>A deeper look into the secret world of....
so many times before we are tired of deep looks into secret worlds

From what I have seen Pixar used to be about pushing technology while simultaneously creating meaningful stories. The people at Pixar were all seriously devoted to whatever they were doing because they had no choice, either work hard or the company will fail. There is a documentary about the start of Pixar that is super interesting, in it John Lasseter said that part of the challenge of 3D Animation was proving that it was a legitimate art form. Almost all animation at the time was 2D so it was very important that Pixar prove that 3D is a viable method.

They released home run after home run because they had to and some incredibly driven and talented people.

The Disney acquisition is almost the entirety of the problem, there was no longer the incentive of competition. Also Steve Jobs was the majority share holder for the company, people say a lot about him but the man was a visionary. He died in 2011 and I'm pretty sure he didn't remain majority share holder after the 2006 Disney buy out. I think Disney destroyed the company and just wanted their technology and knowledge.

The other 15% of the problem can be attributed to shitty Cal Arts grads, bad new hires, and a lack of directing diversity. John Lasseter, Brad Bird, Pete Docter, and Lee Unkrich are pretty much the only people allowed to Direct Pixar movies. Almost all of the really shitty Pixar movies are by other directors so maybe they don't trust them or they shaft them with shitty projects.

Finally a lot of the problem is constant sequels which can also be attributed to Disney. Watching the decay of Pixar makes me sad.

That sounds about right

Jobs passed away.

Disney bought them and cares more about characters for the amusement park, toy lines, licensing (e.g. thus the call for more crap like CARS) and Disney is also sequel oriented.

Many things happening around the same time.
>death of Steve Jobs
>Disney acquisition
>Disney becoming a force in the animated box office again
>Pixar running out of napkin ideas
>Pixar getting cocky about their success and falling into a routine
>Cars 2 being profitable as shit, despite being their first critically panned movie

Basically, everything that could go wrong for a creatively-driven company happened in the early 2010s.

Cars was made for the money from the start, it was one of the first things Disney ordered from J-Lass.
"Make us a profitable franchise we can mine for years" basically.

What's easier than Talking Cars? Nothing, just lap pair of googly eyes on the windshield and voila, instant royalties.

What's wrong with Pixar? The same thing that's wrong with every movie and with Hollywood in general.

The problem is you.

You, the normie-core manchild who goes and watches Super-hero movies because they have characters you are familiar with now because your normie friends made it obligatory to watch every shitty sequel because it's an "event." To constantly funnel money into low-brow, low effort CGI fests instead of movies with plots that actually make you think or try something different. Shitty family movies that are there to sell merchandise to kids and sell 4 tickets to a family instead of 1 to an individual.

I love hearing that Hollywood is losing money hand over fist this year, but that's not going to last. Next year they'll find some other shit to shovel and all of you will be waiting their with your mouths open like chirping baby birds.

Enjoy your next Star Wars movie, and pic related, it's the future you're working so dilligently to bring.

Cars was created before the buyout and is John's passion project and pet franchise.

His dad was a auto mechanic, so he has an autistic obsession with vehicles and Suzie the Little Blue Coupe was his first waifu.

>Pixar face

Ironic, isn't it?

They ran through all the fantastic original ideas they had at that lunch meeting back in the day and never came up with something great again.

Now it's all about the sequels and all the new ideas SUCK. The Good Dinosaur was, to me, simply a slap in the face to the originality and great storytelling of other Pixar films before it.
The characters look simplistic, like an 8 year old drew them. In fact the entire Good Dinosaur movie was made for drooling 8 year olds, yes it's always been about children's movies but Wall-E and Up and Toy Story had deeper more complicated themes and much better art.

And don't even get me started on Brave.

Face it, Pixar is out of ideas. Inside Out was a slight return to form but it wasn't that great either.

"Inside Out is the most Creative Movie of the year!"
"Miguel ends up in Vibrant and Colorful world of the dead!"

It sounds kinda tryhard. Future doesn't look promising either
"Suburban fantasy world, where unicorns are so common they are equivalent of trash pandas"

That doesn't sound really interesting, nor creative.

Also IMHO it's time to stop with setting driven stories.