First look at David Harbour as Hellboy. Looks fucking awesome

First look at David Harbour as Hellboy. Looks fucking awesome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Yl9GCcS755Q
youtube.com/watch?v=VbxqkUIPfUo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The hand looks a bit worse. Kinda like a metal prop.

Wow, that looks really good. It looks exactly like Perlman, though that's to be expected since that was a perfect visual adaptation.

what have you done to me Sup Forums

is it gonna be practical makeup or motion capture?

Kinda ambivalent about longer hair, but otherwise it looks good.

HB usually has long hair, it's just done up in top knot most of the time.

It's all makeup and prosthetics.

Not really sure what the point of this post was.

I like the horns.

Not so sure about the scars...isin't he supposed to fast healing without leaving marks?

Can't say from the angle, but the gun looks a lil small

Rock hand is too shiny, it doesn't look aged enough

That aside, I like this look. 9/10 Perlman approves . Fix the hair and it's a solid 10/10

The samaritan looks a LOT smaller, the preivous one was better

Really curious how abe is gonna turn out

>It looks exactly like Perlman
My thoughts exactly

Looks like Hellboy is juicin'

Looks so much like Perlman that it seems weird it won't be a continuation. IS that prothetics or is David Harbour ripped as fuck under his clothes? He usually looks kinda schlubby.

You can't improve upon perfection and they were smart not to try.

Yeah, the new gun sucks

If I didn't already know this was David Harbour beforehand, I'd literally think this was just Ron Pearlman.

Though I'm not sure what they were thinking making his hand glossy looking.

here's another pic of David as Hellboy

Should have just went with a mechanical head

>No Guillermo Del Toro
>No Ron Pearlman
>another pointless reboot of a franchise

Skipping this.

that looks less good, his eyes are lost

Jesus, the two look completely different.

This one just looks terrible. Like some mongoloid attempt at cosplay.

Gross

they fucked up. He looks like he has a little t-rex arm because the Hand prop starts halfway down his forearm instead of at the elbow.

>Not so sure about the scars...isin't he supposed to fast healing without leaving marks?
Was thinking the same.

>>No Guillermo Del Toro
So maybe it'll actually be like Hellboy?

I've read the comics and liked them, but I was a big fan of del Toro's adaptation of Hellboy.

OP pic looks alright, but that b&w image looks like a thing you might find in a Face-off elimination round.

Where's the fucking top knot?

Also like the other user said, there's something off about the proportions. See, now they have to get another prosthetic arm for his left to even it out.

First impression..

It looks awesome.

But then..

Perlman was pretty much made for the role.

And translated well on screen.

Had the voice for it.

...and was well written.
Dont know how it will play out.

Shit, it looks great. Quick, I need something to complain about!
The eyes aren't yellow enough

I'd fuck him

Isn't Perlman almost 70? Just too old by now, unfortunately.

So you think the BPRD is gonna be any kind of competent or like every version of them they exist to get slaughtered like pigs

Hmm..

Its all prosthetics, makeup and cgi.

Maybe they could have made it work.

Anyway im not complaining..

Superman cast been recast many times.

They probably know what they are doing.

I am HYPED

looks good

Haha looks like vigo from ghostbusters

the fuck last I heard a few months ago this wasn't happening

Everything looks great except the hair.

Needs a haircut.

But other than that perfect.

>translated well on screen
It was literally nothing like the source material. It was X-Men levels of faithful

I just hope they don't focus on the shittier aspects of the BPRD namely the fact that everyone shit on the super powers characters even though it's a act they'd be useless without them

I guess you weren't around a couple of weeks ago for the whole whitewashing controversy for one of the castings of this movie.

If Perlman gets in the hellboy suit one more time it will kill him

Looks like they tried to make him look as much like a generic edgy movie monster as possible.
Like I know he's a demon but the David-Boreanaz-Angel look is lame.
Still, could be worse.

Really like how his skin actually has texture instead of bright red rubber like in del Toro's

I-is it?

Kind of reminds me of a red Vigo from Ghostbusters II

Too old to do what, exactly?

My thoughts exactly. This version looks more shreded than Pearlman's.

So why is the first movie they're doing in what I assume is a series of the story where Hellboy dies?

Setting up the Hellboy in Hell tv series while the movies handle BPRD

Its the hair people are used seeing it tied back

Nah, he looks like Hellboy.

>No del Toro
>No Perlman

It's going to be fucking trash with this nobody director and actor.

That's gotta be prostethics, right?
No way Harbour got that ripped that quickly, I mean, even with the help of roids.

The movies were action-comedy shit that had little to do with the excellent source material that gave it life. So fuck off. You want quips, ineffectual villains, and shitty romances go watch a Marvel movie

You're either stupid or a casual. You think the Hellboy comics have no quips or dumb villains? Fuck off.

They were still great movies regardless. No one bitches about how Frankenstein is completely different from the source material but we all praise the classic film. Fuck your idealistic Hellboy movie. It will never happen and the new movie is going to be hot garbage.

Hellboy is known to quip

>That's gotta be prostethics, right?

Of course. Pearlman's iteration was the same thing. They just went and made Harbour's look way more buff.

>shitty romances

I really do like how little romance there is in the Mignolaverse

That movie was garbage and the visuals aged like milk. It was good for the '00's when everything used bad excess of CG, but the CG in that first movie was absolute trash then and even worse now. And worse they used it for too much of the movie.

What world are all these del toro fanboys coming from. What movie did they watch that I didn't.

Wrong, this is clearly the Undertaker cosplaying as Hellboy. He has foregone using a gun and will now fight nazi gorilla robots with the tombstone piledriver.

you're crazy man, the overall movies look great. there's some spotty CGI in Hellboy 1 but by and large it holds up.

Hellboy 2 holds up 100%.

you have shit opinions and you come across as a vile and unapproachable human being.

>too much is blurry
>quality is like a phone camera with a black and white filter app
>sound equipment in the background
>lighting and angle is bad and makes his face look like a skull because of how his beard is setup.

I have a hard time believing this one is "official".

>Adapting "Blood Queen" story line
>Directed by Neil "The Decent, " Dog Soldiers"fucking Marshall
>closer in tone to the comics

Yeah fuck your shit

It's a nostalgia thing. Unfortunately, the movies have a cult following far outstripping the comics, with Del Toro and Pearlman being something like cultural staples for the new "nerd" crowd. They're pretty easily digestible media too, action, comedy, cool visuals, tasteful bit of horror, obligatory love story.

It does pain me to see all the people preemptively shitting on this movie with a "not muh"

looks fine to me

That's an awfully strong reaction against someone not liking a crappy turn of the century movie

Harbour posted it on his twitter

Is it just me or are they trying to make Hellboy sexier? I'm usually about this kinda shit but... HB is not for Sexy.

>Chris Golden on the screenplay instead of Guillermo Del Toro elf fanfiction
I mean the man creates beautiful movies, I love his work, but the story of HB2 was absolute garbage.
Golden meanwhile wrote some of my favorite HB novels.

his draft's already being rewritten

>spotty
>that terrible CG blood used for no reason when fake blood could have poured just as easily.
>the monsters all look like the unfinished half rendered versions you get in special features or 80's CGI effects
>that terrible plot
>that painfully bad and slow and completely unneeded rooftop scene and the romance it was supposed to support.

Yeah post more shots from the trailer and tell me how artist the shooting was, I'll ignore that overall the character dialogue was poorly written with a few good quips now and then reminding you of how bad the rest of the dialogue was. I'll ignore the shoddy plot and badly rendered tentacles because of how cool you thought the clockwork nazi was. I'll ignore the ugly choice of red for Hellboy's makeup because they got Abe's makeup perfectly.

It can't even hold up its own plot near the end and just gets really silly.

I was talking about the CG in the first one. Or are we forgiving it because of the second one? The first left a bad enough taste when I rewatched it I didn't feel like looking into the second again, but given how people talk about the first I don't think I trust most of you to tell me the second one also "holds up".

The movie seems to have everything it needs to be really good. I'm still pretty concerned with their choices concerning Alice, not the race thing but the direction they're taking the character

>Abe's makeup perfectly
The greatest crime of those movies, besides the awful love plot, was turning Abe into an effeminate sissy fish

Goddammit that was kinda my major hope going into this.
Things are going to have to jumble a fair bit to cram the Blood Queen story line into a workable movie format- what direction are they taking her in? I haven't been too up on the pre-movie info, I'm trying to not get my hopes up.

It was weird, it was like a lot of work went into a character who was completely different from the comics and was just a side character in the movie.

Given del toro's latest movie I wonder if he just has a thing for fish men.

Why the fuck is Jack Black Hellboy?

lol like anyone needs to prove to you that a Del Toro movie is well shot

ew

>Given del toro's latest movie I wonder if he just has a thing for fish men.

well he said the other day that his dream since a child was to film a sex scene between a fish monster and a person so there you go

Looks pretty cool, but the eyes get lost.

This one looks a little less good. Looks a little too monstrous.

I think the Del Toro movies are fine. Maybe not great, but at the least they got me and a good deal of people into the comics. Putting this much effort to shit on them is kind of pointless anyway, you don't have to like them but don't be a bitch about it

Nope. It's that guy from Stranger Things.

lol I didn't say a thing about how well "shot" the movie was. Too bad looking pretty doesn't hold up painful plot and dialogue, and that overused and cheap looking CGI ruins any shot no matter how well done it was.

youtu.be/Yl9GCcS755Q
Reminder

eh, a lot of CGI in Hellboy 1 really is fine

I wouldn't put this much effort but you have these absolute morons going around saying "no del toro? No perlman? It's gonna be shit." That's what I was responding to before.

Like, come the fuck on. They weren't as bad as most other superhero movies from that decade, but the best you can say is they were "ok but didn't age well". But to actually be a fanboy to them, over the comics, as if they were this amazing thing in and of themselves?

That's all I care about in this. If you want to like the movie, that's great. I'm excited for something new with actual people who made the comics in on the process more and an actor who I've seen in a show in the same genre play the same type of character perfectly. Telling me that it's gonna be shit because of some weird fetish for the previous movies is what pisses me off.

From what I understand, she's going to be on the actual team and have different "powers", if you can really even describe her comic incarnation as having "powers" in the traditional sense. It sounds like she's a weird mix of Kate and Alice proper

I'm not opposed to Hellboy and Daimio being on the team at the same time, since I'm just happy to have the latter at all. But throwing Alice in there is weird

Good for him

Better get to adapting Alan Moore, then

Just for fun here's this.

Terrible

youtube.com/watch?v=VbxqkUIPfUo

Huh. Maybe kinda like a field witch/scholar, which would kinda make some sense?
Yeah, that's a little weird. I am sad to miss a possibility of having a Kate, who is best girl.
Daimio being there at all (and not being white washed) is pretty sick though, ngl, I love that character.

bad but I was recently trying to figure out how I could go about a decent cosplay and I'd be lucky to get something together even half as good as this so that makes me feel even worse.

Well that was bad. They didn't even get the RHOD right.