Stan Lee Optimistic About Marvel Getting X-Men And Fantastic Four Rights Back Eventually

Let's have a good laugh
screenrant.com/stan-lee-marvel-x-men-fantastic-four-rights/
>Sooner or later, they're going to get the rights back to all our characters," Lee said. "They're working on it, and they're still making X-Men movies and stuff. Don't worry about it. You'll get more Marvel superheroes than you'll have time to look at in the next few years."

Pic not related

Stan's senile
Guy's old and his wife is dead

So Stan, how's absorbing the souls of your peers going?

IDK, anything can happen, the F4 rights might come over in 5 years and X-men rights will turn over with some legal BS

>Let's have a good laugh
>Stan's senile

I know it's not edgy or snarky, but he's right. They'll get the rights back eventually, that's how this stuff goes. But pls, meme on, le kek.

Nah they will fall into public domain far before sony or fox get interested in giving it back

Fantastic Four maybe.

X-Men, very unlikely.

>that's how this stuff goes.
What stuff? If they didn't give it back when Apocalypse "flopped" then I doubt they will ever.

not to mention, Deadpool and Logan did great

They didn't give it back because Deadpool and Logan were also major hits for them. If they had a string of really bad films that also underperformed, then they'd probably think about it (but also know there's a chance they could get money from a reboot).

Besides being a better movie, why did Logan make more money than Apocalypse? Was it advertising?

>Don't worry about it. You'll get more Marvel superheroes than you'll have time to look at in the next few years."
I really hate the idea that movies are the only media that matters now a days. I know the industry is shitty, but if you really want X-men from Marvel and not Fox, they still make the comics and could do an animated version if they wanted to.

Because it literally wasn't a shit movie.

Not to mention all the new X-men actors are literally whos while Logan was HIGHLY marketed as Jackman's final Wolverine performance.

>they still make the comics and could do an animated version if they wanted to.
And series

>anons honestly think Fox would turn down a multi-billion dollar offer from Disney
The movie industry is entirely about money just like every business.

Honestly, I see the Fantastic Four rights just straight up expiring. If the next X-men movie is as much as a flop as Apocalypse, I think they'd definitely be open to negotiations.

Keep in mind Deadpool 2 is having serious production problems and Logan's success is a one-off given its the last time Jackman is playing Wolverine.

You realize "eventually" has a biiiiiiiiiiig fucking cap, right?

Well he's not wrong

It took a company threatening e-mail leak for Sony to cut the Spider-Man deal, anything can happen

Of course he'll get them back.

Posthumously.

>>anons honestly think Fox would turn down a multi-billion dollar offer from Disney
Why would they? They have a shit ton if money.
>Honestly, I see the Fantastic Four rights just straight up expiring.
They have upcoming movies
>Keep in mind Deadpool 2 is having serious production problems
Someone dying is terrible but they are still filming.
>If the next X-men movie is as much as a flop as Apocalypse,
It only flopped by their expectations. They thought it was gonna get past Dofp nunbers. Kek
Fox aren't retarded like Sony.

I dont know of any upcoming F4 movies user

But Jean is OMG LE SANSA GoT OMG SHE'S OUR QUEEN YASSSS

GoT is the Beatles of tv

Stan Lee will be dead before Fox ever sells the rights.

>implying Disney won't buy out whole Fox during Stan's lifetime
We all would be long dead though.

>that's how this stuff goes.

This stuff goes like this, Fox will keep it as long as they can make movies and profit from them. The fact that they are willing to make low budget movies just to keep the rights should be proof enough that Fox values the rights themselves more than actual money they might make off of them.

Marvel aint getting shit unless the mouse steps in and buys them back or some shit.

Manual reminder that when it comes to rights, many studios would rather make movies that underperform rather than see another studio potentially make profit. The X-Men are literally never ever going back to Marvel.

>Why would they? They have a shit ton if money.
And they always want to make MORE money.

With the exception of 2014, Buena Vista/Disney has annually curbstomped Fox in revenue for the last decade. Last year Disney literally made over twice the amount Fox did.

You think if Disney offered them 3-4 billion for the X-men, they wouldn't strongly consider it?

After Logan and Deadpool I think you can all forget about them getting the rights back any time soon

Fox is making more X-Men stuff then ever, they got Phoenix, New Mutants, a new tv series, a second season of Legion and Deadpool 2 coming up. Doesn't sound like a company reading to drop all that and sell the rights to someone else.

Being R rated really helped Logan

>user actually thinks the X-men are worth multiple billions

They're not Star Wars. Disney would have known Hugh Jackman was the only real draw for Fox Men and wiyod have been counting on buying it cheap when Fox made a bunch of flops. To bad for them Deadpool happened

>4 billion dollars for the X-Men

Read the Sony email's. They weren't willing to pay anywhere near that for Spider-man. Think how many successful movies they would need to make to capitalise on an investment that huge

If this was true why would Marvel keep trying to kill the X-men off?

Most Game of Thrones fans absolutely fucking hate Sansa, though.

It's a ff kids movie and a doom movie

>Xmen
>not worth at least 12 times what spiderman is worth