Marvel hates him

>Marvel hates him
>X-men fans love him

Why the disparity?

Movie rights.

Marvel hates X-men fans. Look at everything else they've done besides fucking with Scott

>X-men fans
The correct term is x-fags.

>X-men fans love him
Only the "Cyclops was right" shitposters like him.

>X-men fans love him
>Only the "Cyclops was right" shitposters like him.
Tbf that's pretty much every xfag despite Marvel trying their damnedest to villify him.

He wasn't even that great, nobody cared about him before he died. People liked his costume when he got the X-Mask but the character was still boring.

He's not very well like in the mainstream crowd, seen as a always right goodie 2 hoes, without any weakness and he clashes with badass and cool Wolverine.

Marvel don't believe they can sell X-men to the mainstream with Cyclops as lead so he has to go.

I teenage hitler doing any better than his present counterpart besides being alive?

Cyke is the greatest hero the world has ever known, that's why Marvel hates him. He's better than they are, on every level despite their best to destroy him. The ironic thing is that they write him into "villainy" but it's those same acts that make him so heroic.

t. mouseketeers

>Cyke is the greatest hero the world has ever known
Unironically this. I mean, apart from Spidey, of course

Movies have nothing to do with comics killing characters off. They've killed most the movie characters like Black Widow and Tony Stark. Comic writers don't give a shit if a character they're writing is in a movie or not.

>seen as a always right goodie 2 hoes, without any weakness
>without any weaknesses
He literally can't turn off his power. If he loses his visor and/or glasses,he has to choose between shooting full-force beams or being fucking blind. That's a pretty fucking solid weakness.

>Cyclops
>Not being right
>implying

ur rite

Cyclops is problematic for Marvel, and I dont mean it in the modern American political meaning of the word (not American)

Under normal circumstances, we should have had a Legacy book of teen Cyclops meeting old Cyclops in the past, it didnt happen because of how Marvel sees the old dead Cyclops.
Good mutants are the Avengers uncle toms like Wolverine.

>uncle toms like Wolverine.
Couldn't agree more. Should of added race traitor Beast also.

Overall I think they wanted to stay away from a Generations Cyclops since Bunn has some plans for him. Also generations is suppose to take place during the prime of their counterparts career. Ironically Scotts prime was when all the bad shit started to happen.

I just hate that we are going to have go through the meek stage of Clops again. Also the reintroduction of the love triangle is also tedious and unnecessary. Then again this is Marvel, a house of rehashed ideas...

All of the Original Five X-Men were pretty boring except for Beast, who was the weird-looking comic-relief brute-with-a-heart-of-gold-and-brain-of-a-scholar. Jean was The Girl,and Scott, Bobby and Warren were all some variant on the square-jawed All-American Boy, all spouting interchangeably cheesy Stan Lee teenager dialogue.

But when the All-New, All-Different shake-up happened, Warren and Bobby both left to do their own thing, and absence makes the heart grow fonder so they've had intermittent relevance since then.

Cyclops, on the other hand, stayed with the team alongside Jean, and so bore the onus of being the Straightman Leader guy to X-Men who were now all far more interesting than him, ESPECIALLY the new breakout fan-favorite, Wolverine, who basically grew into the character he is because they needed a tonal opposite to Scott.

Wolverine's popularity only grew throughout the 80s and 90s, esp. with the cartoon, then peaked around the turn of the century, when between him taking over the X-Movie franchise AND the Avengers comic franchise, comic-readers were actually sick of him. The fact that a generation had grown up with everyone TELLING them that Wolverine was the coolest meant that pushback was inevitable, but that was just the kindling.

The fire was lit when Grant Morrison actually treated Scott like a for-real human being in his New X-Men run, and he suddenly had a new generation of readers invested, esp. those who were like "Screw this sniktbub shit and all his cheerleaders, I'm rooting for the one character who doesn't wanna suck his hairy Canadian dick.". That and jettisoning the dead weight that is JEEEEEEAN in exchange for a way more interesting pairing, all made a perfect storm that made Cyclops the Rightclops for the early 2000s comic fandom.

They gave him character development. Real, long-lasting character development.

In a world where status-quo is god, this guarantees his death, and replacement by his past-self with all of the nostalgia but none of that pesky progression.

Basically it's because X-Men fans actually read the material.

Casual morons who just read A vs X assumed that Cyclops was being unreasonable and retarded for not giving up Hope to the Avengers. The Avengers wanted to keep her away from the Phoenix, but anyone who actually kept up to date with the X-Men knew that Cyclops was privy to knowledge about the future from Cable and that Hope was literally going to be the savior of mankind if she became the phoenix host.

>Marvel hates him
He is a white heterosexual man.
>X-men fans love him
He is a classic character.

After reading that, i can only agree

This also makes clear, why while back then, Scott wasn't interesting, now a bittered scott can be the unique contrast, as opposed to the average hero, even though at his conception it was the other way around.

The demographics of comic readers shifted. While it used to be one of children and teenagers, its become more of adults who never outgrew their heroes. As comic fans grew up into responsible adults, they could begin identifying with the responsible character. No longer were they idolizing the cool guy who did what he wanted and had nothing to lose, but the guy who had to carry the burden on his shoulders.

Cyclops is as weak as any mere mortal. He just has eyes that shoot lasers or punches. He is not super strong, doesn't have a healing factor, he doesn't have unbreakable skin or bones. He dies and gets hurt like anyone else.

Also this. Many people can relate to the world trying to tear them down, and they see exactly that in the more recent Cyclops stories.

But their publisher does.

Not exactly, since all the characters were meeting their replacements, not their younger selves.

Still, it would have been interesting to see an older militarized Cyclops showing his younger self some lessons on tactics, preparedness, and back up plans. At the same time, we would get to see the younger idealist show just how far the elder strayed from the original dream.

There is nothing within a billion fucking light years of being heroic about risking the death of the entire human race just to make sure some humans get some fucking powers that Reed Richards could probably give to them after a hour of work.
It's pretty much exactly Magneto's plot from the first fucking movie but even more negligent.

There is nothing fucking heroic about breaking into a police station and letting Magik cut cops with her fucking soul sword damaging their actual fucking souls just to "rescue" a Mutant because the cops DARED to question him.

He is evil fucking scum and so are you & his supporters. Fuck You.

FUCK DA POEPOE

>X-men fans love him
I don't but eh

>there is nothing within a billion fucking light years of being heroic about risking the death of the entire human race just to make sure some humans get some fucking powers

>Inhumans do this and Marvel paint them as the second coming of Christ

>There is nothing within a billion fucking light years of being heroic about risking the death of the entire human race just to make sure some humans get some fucking powers

Uh, are you talking about the Inhumans now?

I am talking about the Phoenix situation in AVX.
Criticizing Mutants does not mean absolving Inhumans.

Lets not forget the fart cloud killed Mutants and had a higher chance of making its victims into third class citizens within the Inhuman society by making them into horribly grotesque monsters.

Marvel came up with the "its their culture" excuse or "Medusa didn't know it didn't kill mutants, Clops could of just talked to her" bullshit.

Marvel loves Cyclops.

Cyclops fans are just stupid.

Retards think "Cyclops knew the plot the whole time" stories just write themselves.

PROTIP: You cannot kill what has been touched by the Phoenix

You act like Scott summoned the fucking Phoenix. It was coming anyway and the X-Men knew damn well why. Hell, they had their fucking time traveling buddy specifically say don't let the Avengers fuck this up.

Then a team with no experience in dealing with this entity, on advice from fucking Wolverine, decided to...shoot it with a Stark gun. Then invade the home of those empowered. Then try to mindfuck the last guy in control.

Holy shit AvX was so fucking BAD

Marvel's Editorial and overall creative team is disconnected from the fanbase and the readirship, just don't waste your time and stop reading Marvel altogether.

>It was coming anyway and the X-Men knew damn well why
No it very well could have intended to burn the human race off the face of the earth for the precious mutants.
It may have been coming anyway, but their is no morally justifiable reason on earth not to meet it halfway with Hope out in space on fucking Pluto or something so if it merges with her and she can't control it then their might be time to evacuate earth or set up a defense.
Cyclops refused to find a compromise because he is a spiteful fucking bastard.

did someone else suggest hope meet it in space?

The Avengers intended to take her off world from the get go.
They didn't intended it to be a meet up but still.

>she can't control it
She was speciffially trained by Phoenix handlers for that, regardless of the retarded Iron Fist retcon, it was by far the best bet they had
What if Starks stupidity had resulted in other hosts apart of the PF? Other hosts with even less experiece at dealing with the phoenix? Or if the entity had just been angered by the weapon? Stark himself stated that Scott was originally right.
Even then, it all would have been resolved if Iron Fist wasn't a retard and oppenly offered additional training to Hope in the first place

He didn't refuse to compromise, they showed up on his island and said we're taking her. Once again, after Cable very specifically told him to keep the Avengers out of this. The event was poorly written and out of character as a whole, but you're fucking retarded to pretend like Cyclops was the only problem

The most annoying part of all this bullshit was everyone pretending fucking Rachel didn't exist

Coulda just asked Rachel to take it in again.

But he was right.

Cyclops being right is a ridiculous asspull because his plan was so transparently supervillain that it shouldn't have worked out the way it did.

Seriously, Scott's plan was to have his island of radical mutants make sure that they adhered to THE PROPHECY that stated the great cosmic firebird would bathe the earth in flames and ensure that mutants would RISE AGAIN after they mutate people with lives and day jobs into being powerful mutant warriors.

That's as transparent of an evil plan as it gets. It's something that classic X-men would have stopped. The event would have been a lot better if the heroes trying to save lives won instead of the radical cult adhering to the death prophecy.

t.y avengers shill

>They didn't intended it to be a meet up but still.
But still the Avengers were going in half-assed and thus would've probably fucked up big time. Cyclops was in the right.

hey man, the avengers were retarded but they weren't pulling from "cliche cult plot 101" like the muggas were. it's lazy as fuck writing and their should have been more reflection from the mutants that they were gambling with the earth

>no matter how hard MarLEL tries to paint Cyclops as the villain, he comes out being right in the end
this triggers the MCUck

>There is nothing within a billion fucking light years of being heroic about risking the death of the entire human race just to make sure some humans get some fucking powers
Just so we're clear, if all else failed, the Avenger's plan b was to put Hope on a space ship and attempt to outrun the Phoenix.

I'm going to assume you know enough about the Phoenix to realize how fucking retarded that idea is. Pretty much sums up the entire event.

Marvel hates its fans. There is no disparity. Hes the most interesting thing they have done lately the problem is it was on accident.

He's still right user.

Someone orders a run of the movie version of the character every fucking time. It's what happened to guardians. So they can draw movie people I to comics.

I don't think Marvel hates him, he's still used in a shit ton of stories. He just doesn't have a good writer.

Cyclops has that bullshit magical ability to plan. It started out as a thing that kept him from blowing his head off and helped him lead. It could turn into super agility or something though. He want hand to hand with Osborn iron man laughing.

X-men fan here

I hate Cyclops with every fiber of my being and ALWAYS have.

Marvel literally losing to the character they wrote was the best thing they've done in at least 5 years.

The Phoenix was coming. The only thing to do is complete its mission asap. Every time it shows up is the same. It eats planets to build a raptor then shows up. After that the heroes shit things up by fucking with it and making things worse before inevitably the fucking thing gets what it wants. Mostly to keep the u diverse on track.

Cyclops was the only one with a sane plan and the avenger should have fucked off. Or at least watch
He's from a distance.

Scott was just trying to shortcut all the bullshit.

cyclops IS right, you literal caveman worshipping troglodyte

If your ENTIRE FUCKING RACE was on the verge of extinction you would sit around twiddling your thumbs? That's why he's Rightclops and you're a bitch.

One dogshit story at a time. The Inhumans being shitty doesn't excuse Cyke previously being shitty.

Seriously man, the guy was proposed to play Russian Roulette with cosmic forces because he figured fucking it while it cosplayed as his waifu meant he knew what he was doing.

You straight up cannot stop the Phoenix from doing what it wants. It's like galaxy is no us the ability to convince it of fuck anything. It comes to do something g and the story is how everyone fucks everything up before it ends u p with what it wants.

Wanda caused the whole fucking thing anyways. And they tried to make her come off clean.

>Marvel: Cyclops is worse than Hitler!
>Readers: Why?
>Marvel: Don't worry you'll find out!
>Months later
>Marvel: Okay fuck, turns out he's not worse than Hitler! But you should still love the Inhumans!
>Readers: (Went off to read Batman)
>Marvel: FUCK!

Pure hypothetical. He never killed any men in whelchairs.

Fantastic issue.
Rachel actually endorsed Hope.

He's dead my dude.

>but anyone who actually kept up to date with the X-Men knew that Cyclops was privy to knowledge about the future from Cable

Anyone with knowledge of X-men knows that future warnings are bullshit. Cyclops has two kids from TWO different timelines and has been on a team for years with a guy from a third.

Cable saying shit works out in the future is bullshit.

You misunderstand

he is an Anakin Skywalker, a tragic character

It is his quest for justice, all that time fighting for what was right, that ultimately led him into the realm of suffering and hatred. He only became so awful because deep down in his heart he wanted a better world.

Mutants are not a race
They're mutated humans
That's why they're called mutants

That would be like saying albinos are their own race

Counter argument: MURDER CLOUD

i'm an x-men fan and i have NEVER liked cyclops. not when i was a kid and not now.

>muh cyclops worldview plot armor

this is cyclops, the guy who kept secrets from beast, lecturing Legion on communicating

I feel like posting in universe hypocrisy and dickery has lost all meaning when the writers are purposely trying to make characters look bad these days.

It's like the shit with Xacier. Yeah it's one thing that he wasn't the saint we thought he was but it was another to find out that he sent a team to their deaths then blocked everyone's memory, held the living danger room captive because reasons and etc.

I wish he had stayed Phoenix and just fucked off into space somewhere where we could've had a cool Dr. Manhattan-esque miniseries of him just introspection with the Phoenix force. Snaps his fingers and makes more mutants then leaves. I guess that would've made hope utterly pointless but I mean really she already was.

cyclops is the worst x man after post-homo iceman

Summers and Pym should start their own superhero duo, where they do what's right and don't give a fuck what anyone thinks.

Summers actually does what's right though. Pym tries but kills everyone instead.

I haven't been keeping up since Phoenix Five. What did Scott even do to make them call him a villain and compare him to Hitler?

He fought to save his people.

When has Beast ever been right about anything?

So we can exterminate all albinos right? Your not an albino are you? Pussies backed into a corner whine and die. Real people fight. Cyclops fought against the extinction of his people. Dudes a fucking hero by any sensible definition of the word. The only people who say he's not are people who would lay down and let their family die instead of fighting.

I miss 90s Beast when he was charismatic and kind and his biggest drama came from always being just short of saving people from things like the legacy virus.

holy shit does that Hulk have Zyzz hair?

Indeed.

normies think cyke is just a stick in the mud prick

>Cyclops is shitty because the Phoenix Force came of it's own accord and did exactly what he thought it was gonna do

Since some of white people are albino no matter how much they denied it, we can start with you.

>shitposters
Try actual fans.

>As comic fans grew up into responsible adults, they could begin identifying with the responsible character. No longer were they idolizing the cool guy who did what he wanted and had nothing to lose, but the guy who had to carry the burden on his shoulders.
Also, this.

His character progression was probably the most interesting Marvel had, intentionally or not. It also posed an interesting question if Xavier was wrong all along, or if Scott was simply the wrong man to carry his ideals. Killing him off so unceremoniously and replacing him with the bland kid version was a travesty.

REMINDER

Someone post the page of Beast getting thunderstruck by Storm.

Ohh shit that panel was great.

Are you shitting me? He wanted the entire world to be forced to rely on mutants to save it because his fee-fees were hurt. And guess what? Hope needed things Scott could never provide, he was just too arrogant to think that maybe just because muties were the first to interact with the Phoenix on Earth in the last few generations, they're the best suited to deal with it.