Is it possible to be charged with slander, libel, or any similar crime based on a Google review?

Is it possible to be charged with slander, libel, or any similar crime based on a Google review?

What did you do user?

yes.

Nothing yet. I wanted to inquire about it first.

To be honest, nothing I would say is a lie, but it could probably be spun that way.

the truth is always a winning defense against libel or slander.

If you are in doubt, make sure it's worth the trouble. I could be held as such.

What the fuck are those things? Fuck OPs who always distract us with this shit, no more Google talk, I want to know: What the fuck is that?

I can tell you from first hand experience that the truth doesn't necessarily mean shit.

What exactly, to your knowledge, would constitute one of these crimes? I understand what they entail, but what would actually bring me down?

They are pictures featuring animals with monstrous genitals that I found on the internet.

It's a horse with a giant cock and balls. He's implying that what he is about to do requires huge stones. You're welcome.

Well i'm doubting it now, but the place already has more than a few bad reviews, and like I said in , literally nothing I would write is a lie, but I'm worried the facts will be twisted.

Knowing that what you are saying is false and causing financial (or other) harm to a person or organization. Truth, legally speaking, can not be libel or slander. It would be insanely unlikely that a google review gets you prosecuted for libel.

Alright give me a minute(s) to fap to this shit, then we can talk.

meh, I'd say fuck it and never go there again. I don't know the details, but I also wouldn't hold myself out for retribution from the proprietor of this establishment.

If you have to consult Sup Forums to see if it is worth it, then it definitely isn't.

I'm an attorney, and the answer is yes. That is considered publication. You fucking dipshit.

You would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that whoever they are did whatever the did. At the same time, if you were to get sued, they have to prove your intent was to slander or defame. If you don't have concrete evidence then I would stick with opinions and let the negative reviews speak for themselves.

You aren't an attorney, faggot. Don't you have to go to work in the morning?

>Horse with a human dick
Why such a downgrade?

Some context:

I'm actually a former employee and have had legal issues with this establishment before. I was accused of a crime I did not commit and was forced to confess under threat of physical violence. Despite this, however, the fact that my appearance would have me profiled as some lazy wastoid (which I'm not) forced me to take a deal. It's not a big corporation or anything, just a rinky-dink little place. My review wouldn't even detail the legal issues, just the day to day illegal shit they had me do.

>mfw this can't satisfy me
Anyone else have more of this, or sauce?

>tfw kike stole my foreskin at birth

feels bad man

I'd just let it go user. It sounds like there is more risk to you than there is to them. I'm not a very aggressive person, though, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Unless you are defending yourself from criminal charges, let it go. If you are, hire a lawyer and do what they tell you to do.

Got any more animals with penis pics?
Find it funny

Reminds of a case a where a guy was charged with rape, and though he wasn't guilty police coerced him into confessing by saying they had proof. Eventually after spending years in jail he was able to proove his innocence. If you can prove that they coerced you to confess or that you were innocent, then go for it. But you have to have 100% proof of your innocence. Rule of thumb is to never confess to something you're not guilty of.

Word of mouth is fucking great, though. Never put it in writing. Hillary taught us that lesson.

OP here. This is the basic gist of what I was planning on covering.

- Owner is abusive to his employees/wife. Employees were terrified of him and he frequently screamed insults at his wife. Very often customers would approach me and ask if everything was alright/if they need to call the police. I always made excuses.

- I often found shady bootleg merchandise. Found a toy gun from China that was covered in Battlefield 3 artwork. When I brought it to their attention, they quickly stowed it away and ended the conversation.

- I was routinely asked to reseal/restock opened/damaged goods.

- Witnessed the owner scream at/insult outsourced crew members, refuse payments, and basically act like a complete tyrant to everyone.

- The man's own lawyer told my lawyer that he is an absolute monster.

No because none of those things are criminal.

However you can be sued in civil court. Though I think they'd have an uphill battle since they must prove a) it was a lie and b) they directly suffered economically from it.

Truth is an unassailable defense to slander.

Run away and never look back. I don't know what else to tell you. He sounds like an ass, but shit shops like that exist everywhere.

And you can't just set up a camera and recorder and give it to the cops normally?

don't exactly need to faff about on fucking a review site when you have actual criminal activity

use anonymous VPN to post something like a review on yelp or google.

you can also bring it up with the BBB.

But what would constitute truth in the eyes of the law? Do I have to prove that the man screamed "STUPID STUPID STUPID" in his wife's face to the point that customers became concerned? Or does he have to prove he didn't? Or neither? Or both?

My only advice would be to find a new lawyer, preferably one that won't charge you unless you win because that gives them more incentive to win, set up a consulatstion and explain your situation. They would be able to give you a good answer as to whether or not it would be something worth pursuing.

also to add, if the boss is knowingly selling counterfeit items let the US Customs and Border Protection know.

they must have a way to anonymously tip them off

The legal aspect of this has been over for years. I lost. Had to pay the guy for the "stolen" merchandise and had to pay my shitstain lawyer $800 bucks.

I'm just now seeing the other reviews left on their Google page and they're mostly bad. The only good ones are from phony accounts set up by the owner himself. I realize that a Google review isn't exactly justice and maybe even petty by some people's standards, but honestly I'd be happy if they lost any business at all due to my story.

Well to answer your original question then, I feel like it would be pretty easy for them to sue you if you were to make all these claims, especially since you were the one who lost the case. If this guy is as bad as you say he is, eventually he will be run out of business by better competition.

Just let it go user. No reason to cost yourself more money or trouble.

Ever heard of "innocent until proven guilty"?

Doesn't even look like a horse penis.

And yes, you can get charged for libel for any written or verbal slander.

Yes I have. My local police department, however, has not.

Thank you all for the opinions. I'll probably end up just letting it go, I just hate knowing that this guy is still standing and I lost to an absolute nobody because I was scared for my physical well being. The guy spent hundreds on court fee's chasing me down for $60 bucks worth of merchandise, though, so I have to figure he'd do the same over anything else he can get his hands on.

why not buy a cheap laptop off craigslist and then use it on some public wifi and TOR to post an anonymous review that has no indication its you? afterwards sell the laptop on craigslist or just toss it.

this way the laptop, ip, and accounts used are all anonymous and cannot be linked to you

I didn't really want to have to hide. Besides, my comments would make it obvious that I was the one posting.

I just wanted to tell the truth and warn people away, but the truth doesn't seem to be worth much these days. Maybe it never was.