Work on your art

Just do it you slackers.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/tiarawhyy
go90.com/shows/explosionjones
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here's something dumb I did to practice shapes in animation. I'm moving on to more worthy projects.

That's pretty amazing for a dumb try.

I animate in piskel from time to time

Thank You.

seeing his expression as he spins brings a smile to my face for some reason

So lately I've been wanting to learn to draw comic books but I don't read or even like comic books in general. I just think the art style is cool.

Should I learn anyways? Is this just a phase I'm going through? Am i retarded.

Please respond.

try giving scott mccloud's
"understanding comics" a read to help you decide whether you want to go through with it or not.

You are retarded and don't have the passion needed to do it.

If you actually like drawing, focus on the fundamentals. If you just want to doodle for fun go ahead and do it. But don't expect anyone to care unless you have actual drive.

neato user, why's it called raid though?

Did this for an /aco/ draw thread a few days ago

I've had that pdf sitting on my hard drive for a while now, I guess I'll give it a read. Thanks.

Yeah, I just want to do it for fun.

I've recently had to let go of my retarded dreams of a creative career in the 3D industry and creative hobbied like drawing actually became fun again. But now I have no direction or goals for my artwork besides doodling an practicing fundamental over and over again.

Ive been trying to draw using a skeleton shapes but it all turns out shit. Is there any way i can get good fast with this?

have you tried using a 3d reference like a skeleton toy/model?

Made this idea up in "Make a Cartoon" thread and decided to try make it more developed.

>An old monster in the Underworld trains a young girl to be the next in a long line of Underbakers. Long ago, monsters constantly fed upon humans as they were the tastiest things in the world. Eventually, a lone human brought the skill of cooking into the Underworld in return for a ban on the Monster raids. Ever since then, cooking has been considered a mark of high class in monster society, only the elite can learn how. As this generation's Underbaker never sired an heir, he attempted to summon a fearsome creature to be his successor, only to bungle up the recipe and call forth the girl instead.

That is one jovial fat man, user. I look forward to seeing your other animation exploits.

Yeah but its usually not very good. Ive been using the flower sack and making spheres where the limbs should be

THICC, but could use a little shading. The proportions on her legs look a bit off to me too. Nice coloring though.

Simplify the forms and practice until until it becomes natural. Draw the skeleton of every figure you draw from now on, even when you're not specifically practicing the skeleton.

Also, Loomis.

the inner line on her left leg goes on too long, the fold shouldn't go all the way otherwise it makes it look like some kind of doll joint. otherwise thats pretty nice

I've been trying to not use so many layers in CSP batman, did all these on the same one.

Why so concerned with layers, bruh? Use as many as you need. That's the benefit of working digitally

partly because when it comes time to clean excess, there's always some stuff that I miss but shows up in the final image. I also like some of the color mixes that happen when using the brush tool.

I guess that makes sense. You should be making use of layer masks if you aren't already.

>layer masks
crap, I forgot those existed. I just jumped into csp when I started using it a couple of months ago. I'm going to read up on the tools/options I haven't messed around with yet.

fuck man, I'd watch it.

Still finishing this.

Nice work so far, I honestly thought that the ice cream cone was going to have flies in it in the last shot.

Originally it was gonna be a poop joke, but after vindicators episode I figured it was kinda too low brow. I kept it chocolate/candy corn since it takes place at the butthole ice cream parlor.

>Feeling like I'm getting worse at drawing while others are improving
>Drawing accurate fanart feels impossible now
>Even drawing a cartoon arm is hard work
It's worse since I don't have any art friends to talk to about it. What can I do?

nice, props for keeping it within the show's continuity.

Where can we follow your work? Got a sight?

I love it, user. The monster is also the perfect balance between creepy and cute, leaning more on the former. Which is good! I'm sick of "monsters" looking like a Japanese mascot. Also, his design is genuinely creative. Reminds me of the antagonist from BrĂ¼tal Legend, vaguely.

This is a test I did with using blending modes to use a monochrome shade/highlight map I drew on a different layer.

Robo morty was really fun, had to keep em going
twitter.com/tiarawhyy

I got a few high end markers the other day so I've been trying to git gud at using them.
I'm mostly a digital artist, so I'm still trying to figure them out.

I ripped through the paper like a tard on this one but I like how the colors came out, so fuck it.

This one might not be Sup Forums but I don't go on Sup Forums and it's more practice than fan art.
It's Lalaco Godspeed from Space Patrol Luluco.

Deleted last one because shitty cropping. Here's the whole thing.

Oh shit! You're Tiarawhy?! Keep up the good work.

I'm still developing that cartoon idea I plan to pitch eventually

Yeah, you and the rest of us. Post something or go

i'm just trying to push you to be your best user

I'm just casually setting up my gear and waiting for inktober to come around

Thanks guys. I also did this little test recently.

Oh, and the show I was working on over the summer has started to release episodes here:

go90.com/shows/explosionjones

Uh... it's mid-september. You're just... not gonna draw for two weeks?

How's this look anons?

oh what the fuck.

lemme try that again.

designing a character who's based on old black mage designs.

also drew some Sup Forums

why do people only reply to crudely done waifs?

I drew everyone's favorite hero, but it didn't turn out very well so I did a Captain Marvel piece instead.

Tried out my tablet for the first time and made this little Sonic.

Is this any good? I feel like when it comes down to coloring I have absolutely no grasp of basic techniques

I dont like to be mean in these threads, but
>signs shitty art with specially designed initials that obviously took longer to come up with than the actual drawing
fuck outta here.

This is a very slow swing.
Needs fewer frames on the action.

because this is comics and cartoons, no matter how much someone follows the loomis method, stuff lilke that of AKB will still get those (yous)

I don't think you're supposed to put characters standing on the horizon line.

It looks 'fine', but the composition is very boring.
Definitely work on blending your brush strokes so you don't get big blobs of grey or whatever.

"Whatcha staring at dork?"

Pretty good it'll feel more natural the more you use it so try to draw something every day. Even if all you do is doodle shapes and stuff.

He's a hedgehog, not a porcupine.

Needs more follow through towards the end. It feels like it ends far too abruptly at the end.

been feeling a bit dissapointed with my stuff as of late. Probably gonna practice more anatomy. (or just use references of legs and shoes since that's what's killing me)

Riding the reboot/Omnibus Hype Train all the way to the release.

Hellboy and the Demogorgon

Take a breather and keep trudging forward. Stick to threads like these if you can't meet people in real life.

Couple lewd Korra doodles during my spare time at work, of which there is plenty.

Yeah I'm not too proud of it. When you say composition, do you mean specifically the blocking of the characters, or the points of focus or what?
Also when it comes to the brush strokes, I'm assuming your biggest gripe is the giant blobs on the floor and wall (not saying that everything else isn't bad). You say blend them, but I personally have never been a huge fan of that kind of style. Would you recommend an alternative way to fix that?

Here's the only real noteworthy thing I've done lately.

Originally wanted to do whole setting painted/lineless, but it just didn't look right against the lined characters. Compromised with colored lineart while keeping some elements lineless, and I ended up liking the result a lot.

Almost sitcom-level picture of my characters that I usually draw.

have you ever actually done anything else with these characters other than just doodle? Ive seen you posting them for years now, but as far as I know you've never mentioned any webcomic or anything.

I look forward to seeing your posts. They're always so nice looking. Did you ever think about going to school for animation?

Not really, they're characters I've just slowly built on them to have in my back pocket for a pitch if I ever get the chance to present to a TV studio. I primarily use them when I want to practice something (Screenwriting, drawing muscles, character design). The closest thing I've felt like doing would be an animatic short featuring them, but I would need to save up money to hire voice actors, which can range to a few thousand for good ones. I haven't had a steady enough income for me to want to blow that kind of money just yet. So until then, they're always just in the back of my mind for developing.

I actually did! I went to School of Visual Arts for a 2D animation degree.

Do you actually have a story written out for them, or are they just your go-to crew?

I have the initial story of how they meet planned with a bunch of scenes written out (A lot of the times I redesign the characters is a result of new drafts of the script). There's nothing completely finished or concrete, though.

Sounds just like me.

Nah

Looooooomis....
LOOMIS!

I drew a few things, starting with this old cartoon style sailor.

and I drew mario paint mario, but now I gotta wait for my pen's battery to recharge

anyone want their oc drawn?, im quite fucking bored today

If you're so bored there was this ancient alien waifu OC I made....dear god YEARS ago.

It's just a very plain set up.
The room has no character of its own. If I'd have made this, I'd have put it in a smaller, cramped room. Have stacks of papers and general clutter all around. Then have these three guys in their own little niches in the room looking at the screen. That at least tells a bit about one of the characters.
And yes, as you say, the blocking and point of focus is weak. It's a pretty standard 3/4 down view that's pulled almost comically far back, and all the characters are very far apart and isolated. No leading lines or really anything, and the two big bright white spots are competing for attention, even though one of them has got nothing going on.
I guess I just don't like that you can tell that those are obvious, solitary brush strokes from a tablet pen. Obviously it's supposed to be some kind of light reflection from the screen, so I guess a simple gradient exercise would pay dividends?

bump

This idea came to me the first minute of the movie

Too much dead space imo, if you're not going to add more detail to the rest of the room you should just bring the view in closer.

I threw on the shading in about 30 seconds just to see how it might look - I'll redo it tomorrow.

Anyone got good tutorials for hand proportions?

Just look down and draw, nigger.

Not really a drawing, but I made these.

promo pic for my film this year at school. gonna be doin 2D animation and collage stuff!

Make a kickstarter now. I will fund this and audition to do the voice of the monster.

How do you draw bodies? I know how to draw arms and legs but different bodies are hard. Im building on top of the drawing with shapes already, and im not aiming for anything above calarts tier drawing at the moment

Awesome!

I'm an aspiring voice actor, I'll do it for free. I wanna audition for the villain.

I'm working on a short followup to a comic I drew up about 3 or so years ago. I'll move on to inking/colouring it this weekend.

I've got a couple other things on the go, but this is the one I wanted to share.