Did they foreshadow that Rick is going to die?

Did they foreshadow that Rick is going to die?

It's the scene where they say that the uranium implant every Rick has is making them sick.

The show's Rick just rebirthed himself out of a clone gun in the toxins episode. He no longer has any implants.

wouldn't any implants in Rick's body have been left behind when he use the clone gun to chestburster out of Toxic Rick?

I think this doesn't apply since he cloned himself.

Ricks are also rampant alcoholics and largely suicidal depressive, slow uranium poisoning probably isn't the big issue.

Having Rick die only to be himself replaced by Morty and the family would be quite the twist.

No it wouldn't.

The implants wouldn't follow him but the damage he'd have taken from it would have.

How? They are brand new cells. Damage wouldn't follow unless it's at a genetic level.

Radiation damages your genes and DNA, doesn't it?

It breaks up pairs of DNA in your body. I think in R&M it can still be copied and replicated which is what the eye scanning was for I assume.

we have no idea how the clone gun works and can't make any assumptions
for all we know it makes a perfect clone with every atom exactly how it was including the implants

This was the first good episode of the season

This episode was a bit too predictable but after I saw who wrote it then the reasoning behind that became clear

You can get radiation sickness without dying from it, you know.

What? Did they say that every rick has that implant? I don't remember them saying that.

Maybe the uranium is a citadel thing.

It slices through your DNA, and when your body tries to repair it sometimes it fucks up and gives you cancer. Given enough DNA strand breaks, something will go wrong eventually.

That being said, I didn't really get the uranium joke because a society of Ricks that have the technology they do should be able to defeat something as primitive as cancer.

>female writer attempting to get roiland removed

>hey what if they killed off the most popular titular character and ruined the show wouldn't that be a twist
i guess

The joke is it's just one of those newsbait lines they like to do like "could your child's juice be harming them?" then goes a step further because its an obviously dangerous element, they're treating it as something mundane, and Rick defeats the purpose of the tease by answering it immediately.