Why did they have a stand-in rather than asking the real Mike Tyson to appear, or at least voice the character?

Why did they have a stand-in rather than asking the real Mike Tyson to appear, or at least voice the character?

cause they could.
now it would be seen as novel.

Mike Tyson was probably in jail.

The episode aired in November 1996, so they probably worked on it in 1995 at the earliest. Tyson got out of prison in March 1995.

The last thing he probably wanted to do once he got out of prison is so some cartoon. Mind you in 95 he wasn't really seen on tv or media outside of interviews like we see him today. He was also pretty fucking insane until he mellowed out. Modern Tyson is a totally different person than he was when he was boxing.

Because Tyson is a moron who can barely speak coherently

It's what makes Mike Tyson Mysteries work.
They just let him Mike Tyson and then write the rest of the episode to work with that

Tatum had been around since Season 2, moron.

It's so interesting because you come across as a nice guy but you're really a piece of shit.

He was a legacy character from back before they started using real people.

>Modern Tyson is a totally different person than he was when he was boxing.
He's still pretty fucking crazy, just not as violent.

>It's what makes Mike Tyson Mysteries work.
But that show doesn't work. It's just a series of things that are unrelated with characters who appear on screen at the same time and sometimes interact but never in a meaningful way.

>prison riot, everyone going absolutely nuts attacking each other
>Tatum looks up from his book and in a normal speaking voice tells them to knock it off
>prisoners and guards all quietly and nervously apologize and go to back to their cells/work

I still miss the Simpsons

I'm sure this was during the period he was a psycho.

Like I said, Mike Tyson Mike Tysoning

Was not Adam West used in Season 2?

Old simpsons was so good it could literally do the shit later simpsons is slammed for but right.

Yeah but it's Adam West.

Come on.

was back when simpsons was good and wasn't merely a conduit for celebrities to boost their image with a cameo

man, i remember that interview.
what was that guy expecting when he asked that stuff to mike?

He was eating a salad.