Is an insufferable bitch and cunt

>is an insufferable bitch and cunt
>never learns anything from her mistakes and the world almost never punishes her for her stupid actions
>blames everybody else but herself
>is afraid of losing her Avatar powers, because she's just a shitty cunt without them
>loses bending of three elements
"That's interesting. Maybe the show will finally take an interesting spin that she needs to re-learn everything and gain discipline and humility and touch the subject that since her whole life was about being an Avatar, without this power she's no one. Maybe show will finally get some mature writing."
>she just gets those back because reasons
What were the writers thinking?

>teenage female
Strike 1
>her stupidity is meant to be endearing
Strike 2
>as is her selfishness
Strike 3 and you're out.
Is there a name for this archetype. So I can avoid it in the future?

Yes.
It's called a cunt.

Why are water avatars so dumb?

Why are water benders in general so dumb?
Because they're brown.

Most people liked Katara and Sokka.
It's the LoK that made every water bender an absolute retard.

Sup Forums hates korra for the same reason they hate mabel

everyone here is a womanhater and if a female character isnt punished for even the SMALLEST mistake they whine

I like Korra, but Mabel did almost destroy the world due to her selfishness, which is a bit more than a small mistake.

>massive fucking rack

only thing i need

Boys only!

The average woman

I blame the YA craze from a couple of years ago.
There you got female protagonists usually embroiled in a huge plot on which the entire world hinges, but all they can think about is hunky boys.

I don't hate mabel
she is an adorable retard
korra is an insuferable retard

>reddit spacing
Sup Forums hates Korra because she's a shit character.
Now a character doesn't need to be likeable to be appealing but the world never aknowledges that Korra is a bitch. It's quite the opposite. Tenzin even apologizes to her for not understanding her "point of view" when she bitched that she can't learn airbending because he's a "bad teacher". Even though he never had problem teaching others.
If world REALLY punished Korra the way she deserved it and if she developed in ANY way for the better because of that, most of the complainers wouldn't complain.
But muh Korra is literally perfect, stronk and independent and if something goes wrong it's obviously never her fault.
Also if you don't like the show then you're clearly a racist, sexist and homophobic nazi because LoK is literally the Opus Magnum of western animation.

Amon and his revolution could've carried Korra for 4 seasons. Red Lotus could've carried Korra for 2 seasons. Kuivra could've carried Korra for 2 seasons.

Instead we just get rushed shit with no good conclusions. Throw away line about the Red Lotus without knowning anything about the main group or its founder. Since there was a non-bender president being elected, benders and non-benders are automatically friends especially after the non-benders literally got put into ghettos/had their electricity taken away/ and were mass arrested.

Korra was all ideas and terrible execution.

You mean the meme Sup Forums started? that wasn't much of a craze

>liking Korra but hating Mabel
???
what the ACTUAL fuck user

ok i honestly dont care about any of your argument

but i dont use reddit

i just like to have a degree of separation between my thoughts and this "reddit spacing" meme is one of the stupidest thing to sweep this already incredibly xenophobic site

good reaction, think ill go watch a few eps of dr katz right now

Also it shit on everything that made the setting great.
Avatar is now suddenly a reincarnation of the spirit of some faggot + a feminine Yang (even though Yang represents a male, active part of the world) instead of all those previous people who were literally the Spirit of the Earth.
Even George Lucas didn't ruin Star Wars lore so much.
But i agree that actually good characters and dialogues would save the show.

>if world REALLY punished Korra the way she deserved it
>deserved it
Who hurt you?

and just like that I got the trailer for Jubei-chan running through my head. Like clockwork.

>implying Korra didn't deserve her powers being taken away
I would write off most of my criticism for the show if they actually exploited that idea and that she had to learn everything in the proper way, like other Avatars.
But no. Let's just give it back because what is "character development"? Can i smoke it?

the whole point of avatars is that they dont have to learn from their own experiences because theyre full of old souls

that said TLoK's handling of said character elements infuriated me

The only thing I'm grateful for from Korra is Korra's Mom. She is pretty hot and looks young enough to be Korra's older sister.

None of the crap you mentioned had anything to do with what made the original great. You seem to be upset with females though as you try and drive home that point

>Amon and his revolution could've carried Korra for 4 seasons
Four straight seasons of "But he's TOTALLY RIGHT if you just ignore half the shit going on in this show!" would have been fucking unbearable.

muh strong brown female as written by to ugly beta men. It was insulting how shitty she was, yet how proud they seemed of her as a character... then suddenly she is gay at the end since girls cant be friends or not be hungry for dick.

God I hate korra so much, it has even tainted ATLA for me because I see bryke as the hacks they are now.

Korra post show is only good for one thing: to end up in some revolutionairies sex dungeon with Asami.

They're.. Special user. Don't bully them.

>If you just ignore half the shit going on in this show.
The fact that humans were non-benders until Vaatu invaded proves Amons was right in that bending was unnatural and that benders have been pulling the strings/making war for humans ever since though. The first Avatar died in a Bender War.

The right thing to do is remove bending from the world, but this doesn't make him correct.

Original was great because it made sense.
Explain me why Raava grows weaker when she let's Vaatu go? Why can't she grow and turn spirits into good ones? Why literally anything happened in this story at all?
Oh i guess because it's no longer Ying Yang but a shitty excuse for Bryke to have a shitty origin story.
And what made original great in terms of characters is that for example Katara, even though often showed that she's capable of carrying the team during hard times (desert) she often relied on them and never was put above everyone at all times. They all were like a team, each one with his/her own qualities and weaknesses, meanwhile Korra is an independent bitch while other characters are just walking tropes/quirks or plot devices.
Also how dare the writers tell viewers who didn't see Korrasami coming that they were looking through "hetero lenses" while in ATLA we got great AangxKatara scenes.

I had hope Bolin would've stayed on Kuvira's side a little longer to get Bolin vs. Mako fight scene to see who would win in a brawl.

He was right though

>What were the writers thinking?
They weren't. Whole idea was just an attempt to sell something with popular title.

>hot character design
>shit personality
why this keeps happening?

bad writters
and good art design teams.

I imagine they would let mako win to somehow prove a point about kuvira being evil.

But i'd much rather Bolin win and seriously hurt Mako in the process, which makes him realise what Kuvira somewhat pushed him to do/become. Which would then turn into him defecting her army.

I'm pretty sure they didn't give a fuck and just tried to step out of Ehaz's shadow, please convention fans and promote themselves as socially aware.

You're 1000 years late on this extremely tepid hottake.

>a feminine Yang
To go with Aang's masculine Yin, you actual retard.

>Aang's masculine Yin,
What do you mean? The other guy was talking about Raava.

Raava should be male if Ying and Yang is anything to go by.
Also her whole concept doesn't make sense. She is never mentioned nor even IMPLIED in ATLA.
And if Avatar State is her helping the Avatar using powers then this also does not make sense. Since she's all about "peace and love" then why Avatar State is a "defensive mode" that always activated in danger, when Aang is angry etc.?

I smell teenage pregnancy.

>The fact that humans were non-benders until Vaatu invaded proves Amons was right in that bending was unnatural
Mind = Blown.

The truth is Avatar lore has always been pretty messy and vague. Korra only made it worse.

>Don't have to learn from their own experience
Then what was that montage of Roku training for decades to properly master all the four elements?
Or the entirety of Legend of Aang, for that matter?
Are you actually this retarded, user?

I felt like the vagueness was good though. Prevents them from doing obviously wrong things.

>Avatar is the protector of balance
>Only inhabits Yang energy, locks away/defeats yin energy.
It's like they didn't know the message they were sending.

>Spoiled sheltered cunt who got everything from the get go without any work because I'm the Avatar deal with it
>Does everything wrong
>Fucks up everything
>Day still saved out of sheer luck because the bad guy managed to fuck up worse than her somehow
>This is it, now she has to learn bending back the hard way and some good damn humility
>Nnnnnnnnnnnnooooope
>Awful shitty plot about the spirit world and the ice nation with some of the worst animation I have seen on TV instead

I admit, I wasn't considering Roku's training. But mastering the 4 elements is something all avatars go through. I was talking about using the experience of past avatars to make decisions.

To be fair, Korra gets to skip learning the elements because she's a bending savant. Kinda lame but it serves to help the show get right to the stories they wanted to tell.

As for Legend of Aang, I assume you're talking about the video game? I wasn't lucky enough to play it, but I'd bet you that most of the fanbase hasn't, either, and thus doesn't consider it canon.

This desu.
Avatar never did dwell too hard into this so it wouldn't have plotholes.
It was simple but made sense and was enough exposition for the setting for it to work.
Everything Korra did is worse than midichlorians.

Video game? What? I'm talking about the show! Or don't you remember what the entire Book One was the Avatar gang traveling to the North pole to find a water bending teacher for Aang and Katara? And an earth bending one in the first half of Book Two? And a fire bending one right in the middle of Book Three? Aang learnig the elements and saving the world was the objective of the show, and the stories happened during it to show his growth not only as the Avatar, but as a person. Korra, however, didn't have any of that, because she was already a pro in three of the four elements in the literal first five minutes of the series! As a fucking toddler!

I'm guessing he thought you meant the game because you said "The legend of Aang" instead of Last Airbender.

And what difference does that make from my initial point?

No idea, i didn't read any of it since it wasn't at me. I just skimmed to see why the confusion was apparent.

She had kinda small fit tittes. Nothing wrong with that, but maybe Asami is more gifted in boobers.

All i need is a FAT ARSE

Of course I remember the original series. In fact, I remember what I was wearing when it premiered. I googled about Legend of Aang because I didn't know what you were talking about, and I found out that the Europe version of the game from '06 was called that, so I assumed that's what you were talking about.

I didn't realize until just now, but I guess ATLA was called that in some regions, too.

I agree with you completely about Korra just (somewhat unfairly IMO) skipping all of the training that Aang labored through.

I think they were trying to tell a different kind of story in LoK, about development and modernization and spirituality in an industrial age; thus they wanted to skip all that "tedious" build-up that made ATLA so charming by making Korra a wunderkind.

I'm not defending that choice, by the way.

Who cares? she is a strong lesbian now
, everything is forgivable

That's pretty much the worst offense

They had a perfect opportunity with her losing powers. I bet people would be less critical if she had to learn all elements again from beginning and it helped her develop as a character and earn some humility and respect to others.
But no. She's a POC LESBIAN so she "dindu nuffin" and everything needs to be handled to her on a silver platter.

You expected avatar the last surrender quality from legend of korra. So when they didn't deliver it was just so disapointing that you became resentful of korra.
I was the same until I just stopped watching korra at season 1.

Legend of korra is non canon

Sadly it is. Writers are hacks and wouldn't slip the opportunity to have a canon lesbian couple.

>She's a POC LESBIAN so she "dindu nuffin" and everything needs to be handled to her on a silver platter.

...well, she didn't do anything, did she?

And I don't mean in the sense that she didn't struggle or work through anything; she did plenty of that. She just didn't rehash the same lessons and beats that Aang did. Whether or not her trials were as compelling or satisfying as Aangs is another story.

But Korra, as a character, certainly didn't do anything wrong. She's the definition of a sequel: she's naturally better at everything, such that the writers can explore new and different threads.

It can't be canon because it conflicts with the previously established lore too much

>reddit spacing
get out faggot
Korra is a shit character and did not have any struggles. If she did it was because she's a retarded cunt and never learns from it because writers are nu-males who are too afraid to call her out on it.

She didn't have struggles, except when she did.

>hot wellborn chick is a stupid bitch, never gets called out on her shit, and gets everything handed to her regardless of her actions
Sounds about right desu.

"Relatable"

She is not.

>never learns anything from her mistakes and the world almost never punishes her for her stupid actions

That's Aang you're thinking of. Korra gets punished by the world more than any other character.

Its like poetry, great work Bryke

how bout you take a flying fuck at the moon

i just like to have a bit of spacing between my thoughts

i never said anything positive about Korra anyway

Nice samefagging with that spacing user.
Also Aang is punished when he does something stupid. Problem is that he's not as retarded as Korra so it's not always so obvious. And when he makes mistakes, he realizes that and apologizes/tries to fix them.

>samefagging

nope

>aang isnt as retarded as korra

youre two for two rn

Not that user but what is with this "Reddit Spacing" bullshit? I do it myself now and then because it allows a better flow of reading to the eyes, especially in larger posts. I've never really been on reddit too much since the layout confused me at first but i doubt everyone who spaces out their posts is from reddit.

fucking this

so tired of this "reddit spacing" meme

What horrible mistakes did Korra make anyway? I mean, she kinda sucked at fighting and lost a bunch as a result of that, but other than being manipulated by her uncle and being kinda bitchy a few times in season 1 and 2 to Tenzin and Mako, she literally never did anything half as despicable as what Aang did when he lied to Katara and Sokka about their father's letter.

She allowed amon to kill himself

the insufferable "Not Muh Avatar Aang" fans are what really ruined the series

>Aang nation was almost destroyed
>he was being perscuted across all nations.
>he was almost killed by azula
>the world was fucked for 100 years by the fire nation thanks to his mistake.

>the world don't punish Aang for his mistakes.

>the world was fucked for 100 years by the fire nation thanks to his mistake.

Yeah, that's the world being punished for Aang's mistake, not Aang being punished by the world for his mistake. Aang had a carefree life in a monastery, ran away when people needed him the most, thus doomed everyone, then 100 years later he gets to go on a whacky adventure with 3 friends and never once does he have to sacrifice anything to achieve his goals.

"the world" only punished aang on the few occasions that he made his identity known to people who werent revolutionaries. i can only remember that one time with the hicks

otherwise it was just aang punishing himself, which he only did like twice

Inferior race

He sacrificed the lives of countless fire nation soldiers

But she's designed to be.
Relatable to naive teenagers who are "Like SO stressed"

He's talking about Avatars specifically though.
Sokka and katara are fine.

Though sokka wasn't a bender, except a lady-bender.

You see. Here is the thing.
She's a retard. However, the world and narrative never tries to realize that and handles everything to her on a silver platter or just makes her lucky. This is how she "solves" problems.
Most of the time Aang (or anyone from his team) had to do something he had to figure it out, himself or with his friends. Korra never does that because she's MUH STRONK INDEPENDENT womyn.
You see, i don't hate women. One of my favourite episodes is when Sokka's angry as fuck because those earth tribe girls kicked his ass and he disrespects them for being girls. They beat him again and laugh at him. However later he comes, apologizes for being an idiot and asks them to teach him. After training they acknowledge him and one even kisses him when they need to leave during Fire Nation attack. And all of this is great because it has something that is not in LoK, learning from each other and mutual RESPECT, something Korra has never heard of or can't even grasp the concept of it.

>ok i honestly dont care about any of your argument

I'm not even the guy you're replying to but you make grand sweeping claims and then you go "lalalala I don't care what you say" is absolutely retarded. You're not even open to other people's opinion.

>Most of the time Aang (or anyone from his team) had to do something he had to figure it out, himself or with his friends
Except when he beat the fucking firelord without compromising his morals thanks to a literal divine intervention and a rock he fell on.
Kind of a big fucking deal.

Hmmmm

Besides Korea and dominator, what are other examples of this

>However, the world and narrative never tries to realize that and handles everything to her on a silver platter or just makes her lucky.
The world and the narrative does this for any character in LoK who is supposedly getting character development. No one in LoK had respect for each other on a level that matters.
The world and the narrative go out of their way to make her upbringing be what constantly hinders her for the first two seasons.

Sokka's view of women is challenged in that episode you mentioned just as Korra's view of airbending was. Tenzin wouldn't take another way in training with airbending which has things like coming at the problem from a different angle built into it. Korra got angry at Tenzin and then later she went back and apologized for her outburst.

Not cartoons, but Lightning from FFXIII comes as an example.

Realism?

>skipping all of the training that Aang labored through.
Aang learned it in a year. Korra was isolated in a compound never experiencing the cultures and had teachers over the course of 13 years for training. It was terrible decision on multiple levels since they end up making problems in the future seasons to explain away why this happened like Zaheer's group. If Korra was told by other people that she is the Avatar at Aang's age or later (I don't understand that part with how the Avatar world works. Reincarnation for the Dalai Lama is one thing, but when you can command multiple elements then why do others need to tell you that you are the Avatar when that knowledge can come about through bending,) then that would change the dynamic of the show.