Paul Manafort tricked Trump into switching from Christie to Pence by faking airplane malfunction

Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, reportedly bamboozled his boss into switching his vice presidential pick from embattled New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) to Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R) by staging an airplane malfunction.

In July, The New York Times reported that Trump and Pence “impromptu dinner” after the GOP candidate’s plane was grounded by “mechanical problems.”“And at some point during the evening, Mr. Trump asked Mr. Pence if he would say yes, were Mr. Trump to offer him the No. 2 slot,” according to the Times.

But a Sunday report in the New York Post revealed that Manafort took the dramatic step of lying to Trump about mechanical problems with the plane after his boss tentatively selected Christie for the V.P. slot.

“Trump had wanted Christie but Bridgegate would have been the biggest national story,” Trump source told the Post. “He’d lose the advantage of not being corrupt.”

Manafort left the campaign in August after question arose about his business ties with Russia

rawstory.com/2016/10/paul-manafort-tricked-trump-into-switching-from-christie-to-pence-by-faking-airplane-malfunction/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tHsZxJlxHYw
youtube.com/watch?v=htOj50B7dNk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't think anyone dislikes Pence at this point? he certainly looks better than Hillary's VP?

American here.

older conservatives love Pence. it was a good choice.

Good decision tbqh Christie is a cluck.

If Trump is this easily fooled, he has no business being president.

Rage on, cucks.

Everyone likes Pence. I thought he was a shit pick at first but he's such a solid respectable guy. Seems genuinely loyal to Trump and absolutely destroyed Hillary's VP pick in the VP debate.

I can't imagine a better choice than Pence.

pence was the right choice desu

he's a cutie

>“Trump had wanted Christie but Bridgegate would have been the biggest national story,” Trump source told the Post. “He’d lose the advantage of not being corrupt.”

He's not wrong. The left would have been ramming bridgegate back into national news again if that happened.

can you imagine if he actually ran at the primaries, he'd make everyone but Trump look even worse than they already did

Living in new jersey people fucking hate the shit out of him. He just signed a gas tax bill that is a 30 cent hike in price then he got caught in a scandal as well called bridge gate.

Fuck Christie. Pence is our guy

I didn't care much for Pence

Then he absolutely blew Creepy Tim Kaine the fuck out in the debate. One of the great schlongings of our time. And for that, I'll give him some respect.

Good for Paul Manafort.
He knows what he's doing.

yawn.... non story

Pence holds the key to a better america. Trump will be the face of that better america.

>Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, reportedly bamboozled his boss into switching his vice presidential pick from embattled New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) to Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R) by staging an airplane malfunction.

good

Pence is old-school conservative.
Christie is a disaster.

This was a fine choice

Not fooled. Trump needed to be shown Republicans other than ones he saw on TV.

This election is very simple really. GOOD vs. EVIL

youtube.com/watch?v=tHsZxJlxHYw

vs.

youtube.com/watch?v=htOj50B7dNk

SPREAD SPREAD SPREAD SPREAD #MAGA

>sources in trump's campaign
LARPing in the MSM, ignore

>Manafort + Russia
possible slide thread, sage

btw Paul Manafort is pulling all the strings on the Weiner case

He is an agent of Kek and these digits confirm.

>trump source

nice meme

also no one cares christie would be a mistake

>"rawstory.com"
>Implying the story is not fake

Fuck off, cuck

Don't be fooled Pence is still establishment.

This is no different from Bush being Reagans VP

Pence is a massive faggot out for his own interest. He talks the talk but walks like a fag.

And because of this great deed we will soon have the comfiest vice president of all time.

Comfort levels that shouldn't even be achievable desu

Damn right, Pence's calming presence on these
morning shows is outstanding. He is the perfect
vp.

HE KNOWS

>no one cares christie would be a mistake
this

Pence is the true living meme. Christie is low tier. Trump needs the highest quality memes working for him.

Who cares?

In the end Pence won his debate so it didn't matter.

The only people in NJ who give a shit about "bridge gate" are the slant-eyed gooks up in Ft. Lee and their butt hurt kike mayor. Nobody cares.

TRUMP
WILL
DROP
PENCE
SHORTLY
AFTER
NOVEMBER 9

PROVE ME WRONG
>Protip: You can't

Bullshit, Pence is such a good choice

People didn't like him at first, but everyone warmed up to him quickly, hell after the 2nd debate a lot of people wanted Pence to be the President, not the VP

Christie will make a fine AG, but not VP

101.5 never shuts the fuck up about it

I like Chrispie but he's too fat and not as chill as Pence. Plus I think he grew on Trump.

>"""source"""

Sounds like a cheesy plot to a romantic comedy.

You don't choose manafort. Manafort chooses you

pence-prime also has a sub-pence in place as tim kaine's wife

>TWDPSANP
really makes you think

>He listens to 101.5
Found your problem.

Pence is still a warhawk, Trump even had to repudiate his stance on Syria and Russia in the second debate.

I will only like Pence if he is like Biden and stays vice president for 8 years.

Christie is a fat cunt

It ought to faggot
Dig deeper

turth

should've picked a female VP tbqh desu.

That makes me respect Manafort all the more, he did what he had to do and then fell on his own sword to avoid his Russian ties affecting the Donald.

Pence was the right choice. He has been proven a loyal warrior, and he will be greatly rewarded for his loyalty to Trump.

I really don't want Christie as AG, I want most of Trump's cabinet needs to be filled with outsiders.

>He has been proven a loyal warrior

>Paul Ryan Liked this post

I'm not schizo or autist, so you're gunna have to spell it out for me like as if you were communicating with a human.

I hope Manafort gets some recognition when this is all over. He was a good soldier. Trump wouldn't be here without him.

He's had plenty of opportunities to nuke Trump's campaign

What US political mafia was Pence a member of before the RNC convention?
Is he still a member?
Really makes me think

>Paul Ryan Liked this post

Huh? How did the fact that Trump thought the plane was malfunctioning or whatever cause him to change his VP pick to someone else?

>my plane is broken
>well that's it, sorry Chris but I gotta go for Pence now, that's the only logical response

>Trump needs to be shown

Pol's choice for leader of the "free" world, everybody.

Ignorant fucks voting for an ignorant fuck. How fitting.

The guy is still working for trump, you think trump would want Christie to think he just dropped him like that, he wanted his supporters, got them and ditched the guy for someone better.

Smart move on Manafort's part, I could see why Trump would want Christie SOMEWHERE with him in the administration after he decimated Roboto. But putting him on the ticket would have made things worse.

Pence has little drawbacks other than being neo-con lite, I'm still upset it wasn't Webb, Flynn, or Rand though but I don't think any of those were likely and they could fill other roles.

>Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker Liked this post

>RNC Chairman Reince Priebus Liked this post

You hire the best people so they stop you from hiring not the best people. Business 101.

The way Trump managed Lewandowski and Manafort and what he got out of them should be in a textbook for future generations.

Saddest thing is Manafort had to leave because he was the one American political figure who had ties to a legitimate government and not some terrorists/putschists installed by the cia

>I don't think anyone dislikes Pence at this point?

Nothing better than a relic who thinks gay-baiting and gay-bashing is a strong political platform.

He's good at the "aw, shucks" lying through his teeth while seeming to be affable establishment crocodile routine though.

>Candidate for President of the United States of America Evan McMullin Liked this post

I love you zarya

>Bill Kristol Liked this post

Watching his debate performance really gave me faith in the trump/pence pairing. Before that I was a /little/ worried that trumps mouth could get him in serious trouble, but pence is like the perfect counterbalance to that.

Yea i don't doubt that's a factor at play. But trump is a good judge of character. If trump thought this guy was going to betray him, he wouldn't be putting him number 2.

It'd be very risky.

>Frank Luntz Liked this post

You've been posting this fucking image all day faggot

>Megyn Kelly Liked this post

His debate was just perfect.

>pence is like the perfect counterbalance to that.

Yes, he's an outstanding liar and fake.

Nope didn't happen. He actually got all of his VP picks together and eliminated one per week on the basis of their performance in assigned tasks. There were a lot of great boardroom moments this season. He taped the whole thing and it will be released after the inauguration.

>refudiate

FTFY

>Rick Wilson Liked this post

Who cares what the VP thinks about gay marriage?

Do you even know what the VP does??

Mannafort's associated with The Company. He's been around for a long, long time and has had a number of very interesting political dealings that are...strange for a political advisor (he's known Roger Stone a very long time, and his address is listed as Trump Tower, a few floors below Donald himself). Personally I think he was a bagman, as that makes the most sense, but I dunno.

Scooter Libby, Valerie Plame and Judy Miller proved that you can't out a spook, which is why no one's brought it up at all. I think this whole thing's been orchestrated by the CIA, which has operated semi-rogue since the 1970s, as an attempt to regain some control over our Federal Government after it's seizure by hostile actors.

And I hope to Christ it works, because the alternative is beyond frightening.

Probably checks out.

>Trump wanted Krispy
>the kids wanted Newt
>Manafort wanted Pence

Trump runs as anti-establishment

picks the embodiment of the ossified establishment GOP throwback — a crook who can stab you in the back with a bland faux-meek smile on his face while he looks at you with an "aw, shucks" shrug

too bad Bob Dole isn't still around for him to choose

Are you going to cry

Pic related is (You) lmbo

>Candidate for US Senate (FL) Marco Rubio Liked your post

Elaborating more on this by the way. Paul Manafort never left. A man like that doesn't simply just walk and leave.

He's been doing some of the "covert" work I would imagine for Trump.

>Who cares what the VP thinks about gay marriage?
>Do you even know what the VP does??

Marriage?

You need to check out Pence's record. It's about more than taking away one basic civil right from American citizens.

Some of us remember Trump's primary promises, like how he'd be "better for gays than Hillary" and then he goes full-Bachmann/Santorum after picking Pence.

>Paul Manafort never left

>Roger Stone Liked your post

Trump said Pence was his first choice when he announced him so I believe him over some unnamed sources.

>15 posts by this ID

>Pence plane had problems last week
Trump's running a tight ship you see

Fuck off vatnik shill

You have no idea how right you are. If anyone wants a massive red pill read this post.

It's also blessed by dubs.

So what, everyone likes Pence. Christie and Trump together remind me of a couple of greasy mobsters or union bosses. Pence is a good balance, Manafort picked well.

>Brian Lee Henderson Liked your post

fantastic fucking shitpost lad

Great on TV, well spoken. Super Godfag though. Really hope he focuses(and keeps Trump focused) on important shit like the economy and ISIS and not meaningless stuff that hurts his feelings like gay marriage and abortion.

Record corrected. :3

>So what, everyone likes Pence.

No they don't.

Everyone who doesn't pay attention does, though — especially the fools who claim to be anti-establishment

You're either anti-establishment or you're pro-Pence.

Can you imagine 8 years of cheeziepoof?

that's what I wanted to happen
We all know who would have won