What is with American culture and the outright fuck refusal to accept the fact climate change isn't fucking pretend?

What is with American culture and the outright fuck refusal to accept the fact climate change isn't fucking pretend?

What's the deal? Is science pretend?

That pic looks mighty suspicious. Pics taken at different seasons and angles are the first discrepenices I notice.

Bottom is summer and the two photos are taken at an angle. We aren't disputing if the earth is getting hotter or not, we're disputing whether we're causing it.

What is with American culture and the outright fuck refusal to accept the fact biology isn't fucking pretend?

What's the deal? Is science pretend?

>ice melts

wow who the fuck cares

No dude look at the rook in the picture I live near glaciers like this they are disappearing at an alarming rate

Here's the thing about climate change...
The climate data has only been collected since the 1800's. So 200 + years of climate data is enough to say EXACTLY what is the correct pattern is for us today in 2016? I am not that stupid user.

>being this fucking blue pilled

Sup Forums is comprised of stupid fucking people. What did you expect?

Here's what i dont get a bout people like If the earth is getting warmer, and it may be us, wouldn't it be safe to just try and switching off fossil fuels to nuclear?
we need the oil for plastics and shit anyway so maybe its better to stop burning that shit and keep it to make useful stuff and use the power of the atom to warm your home

I know seriously

Wow the world isn't a static place, really makes you think

To be more simple about it

>Earth 4.5 billion years old

>Weather Data collected 200 years worth

>4.5 billiion - 200 years...seems legit.

> 2016 Scientists KNOW climate is wrong.

So who's shilling who?

This is a fucking glacier, you moron. It's not supposed to melt like that.

we have climate data for 1000's of years from ice, plus scientists can work shit out from data that would make your greasy head explode

We have weather data for at least the last 800000 years. Taken from ice which is very detailed.

no evidence it's actually caused by men and not a natural process

you are dumber than the glacier...obviously

It's annoying as hell. They don't even know that this is what fossil-fuel corporations have been shilling for for the past 50 years.
>Good goy, climate always changes
>who cares if this is happening within decades when it normally takes hundreds or thousands of years?

No, please, stop. It's not worth your time. The Burgers who bought into this shit are too far gone. We're talking about university-level brainwashing in the US over climate change.

I think something like 40% are completely convinced that it's a myth.

Not believing in climate change and not believing the government can fix it are two different things.

This fucking thread lol. All the oil industry shilling, and they're doing it for free.

Let me lay this out:
>carbon in fossils
>fossils get dug up
>fossils get broken down into fuel
>break down process releases carbon
>carbon warms planet

So, 200 years, around the time we started breaking down fossils and creating more carbon? It's like, it's like there's a pattern or something? No. I must just be insane.

Scientists pull shit out of their ass to keep the funding going. And who's gonna dispute it?

Obviously having no education makes it hard for your simple mind to process, but to the rest of the world who has good education this shit is easy as fuck to understand. If you dont understand science; you can tell us, its ok user :)

prove humans are causing it. go, faggot, go

This statement always fucking bugs me
>to keep the funding going

Think about what you just said. It's not funding that goes into their pockets. It's funding that goes into their projects. Look up expense reports on any research done in climate change.

Why would they lie to continue funding projects to propagate more lying if they aren't gaining the money personally? Think. Use your brain. Come on user. I'm in your court. I'm pushing for you.

>What is with American culture and the outright fuck refusal to accept the fact climate change isn't fucking pretend?
What's with CHYNA refusing to cut emissions or INDIA not pooing in the loo?

The problem I have with the Whole Climate change thing is that there isn't a massive spike in Temperature change during WW2, Factories running non-stop massive fleets burning coal or Diesel, planes, tanks, trucks, cars all doing the same... and there is no change in the Average Temperature during that time

Showing psuedo science to liberals, the most gullible fucks in human history

wowo omg there's slightly less ice form a different angle wow omg

nice try leaf, better luck with your shitposting next time

To continue receiving their paycheck.

Glaciers have been melting since the end of the last ice age.

shut up and remove cows
everyone knows cow farts are the cause of climate change

Are you mentally deficient?

>implying we are not in an ice age right now
muh sunspots

China and India both signed the Paris agreement.

A fucking frozen creek.

Man-made climate change is a lie, science is a lie.

Religion and oil company propaganda is pure truth and gospel.

Pol, everybody.

the climate hustle is over

moron gore made 100mil go cry to him

soon we will be 0 emissions 100% thorium atomic

and israel wont matter

hope this helps

You understand that they get paid to work on these project correct?

So they're creating a gigantic hoax, pouring their lives into it, to receive their minimum wage pay? What kind of fucking mental gymnastics is this?

I know its hard that no one on this board respects you, but leaf the shitposting to the pros

As a geology major at a liberal arts school, this was the model we were given and learned.

It's not a minimum wage pay.

Just like any scientist in any field.

it's a glacier, they move all the time

climate change is inevitable. Human impact is negligable. girls are funny, get over it.

>comprises

So, with this train of thought, how do we know what scientists are lying and which ones aren't if there's a probability that'll they'll all lie just to get paid? What the fuck do we take as fact?

What is the entire house of cards built upon? What was cheap and plentiful during the boom years but is getting increasingly harder and harder to come by? Starts with an o and ends with an l.

Damn one off.

No evidence the change is caused by man and not a natural process or phase the earth has gone through before. Prove me wrong. Pro tip: you can't.

>be Sup Forums
>believe in a mass conspiracy by the jews who own all major companies
>banks, OIL, media, etc
>Believes that jew oil is good for the enviorment
>continues to shill for oil like a good goy

>being this fucking retarded

Have you heard of this thing called peer review?

Why would you apply this skepticism only to climatology? Do you think general relativity is only kept alive because people get paid to lie about it too?

>200 years worth
Come on. There's data for thousands of years, by looking at frozen bubbles in ice sheets.

They lie about how quickly global warming happens. Al Gore will tell you 2 decades when it is really 2 centuries, because he's a lying fearmongering piece of shit.

They also refuse to embrace the real solution, nuclear technology, and instead try to embrace the false messiah of solar power, when they don't realize that solar panels are made out of pure fucking evil that will poison the air and the water when mining and refining, would make us more dependent on (((China))), and are made out of materials too rare to supply the world.

Yeah fission fuel is bad too, but the amount needed vs energy provided ratio is so much butter. E = MC^2, and C^2 is an incomprehensibly large number.

But I can. I can post mountains of evidence and you could easily find in a google search but you people are so fucking stoic in wanting to defend your oil barons that you'll just say

>lol falsified they're paid off

Most of the information we receive, we can't treat as facts. It's up to us to choose what to believe. In areas that you're excessively involved in, you can strongly reinforce your beliefs through observing evidence. Outside of those, not much you can do.

This. Jesus fucking Christ this.

For how "red pilled" Sup Forums wants to act, it boggles my mind that they defend the fucking the fucking oil companies this hard.

Rise in tropopause heighy proves the temperature anomaly is caused predominantly by atmospheric CO2 and not say, the sun, and the change in carbon isotope ratios shows the increase in atmospheric CO2 is caused by burning fossil fuels.

maybe they are the ones paid off by the (((oil barons))) to shill on this site?

Yeah I know and you can fix it you just need my money right? Fucking charlatans.

oil is bad therefor humans are causing climate change

makes sense

In the area I live in, with a simple search of the weather history, it has only been getting warmer annually every year. So, is this reason enough for me to believe through my own consensus that the planet is warming? I'm using your logic here.

Opals?

the climate hustle has been going on for decades

every 7 years or so they say oh we will all burn up

oh we will all freeze solid

then dummy like gore gets 100mil

remember thsi is government level money in 10s fo billions

banks being told they msut loan to green energy projects

loser climate science professor making 100s of millions on 1 projec tliek solyandra

Un wants 100B to fight climate crap

and its all BS

many useless degres ge tlaid to do environmtal impact survery for million for small prject

there is big money in a morality backed scam!!

cap n trade is ultimate scam a toatl energy takeover where republcians corps ignore commies

commies took over law n holywood

everythign democrats spew is bs

democrats are wrong about everything

all commy takeover everything they do

So, the oil companies are paying scientists to create global warming hoaxes to make their jobs harder? What?

The problem is, we don't have enough scientific data. I believe climate change is real, I believe global warming is real. I also believe they have happened in the past and again, we don't have the scientific data to prove it.

A period of global warming was experienced in the mid 10th century to early 16th century. This period saw Norsemen like Lief Ericsson travel to Iceland and Greenland with wooden longboats via routes that today require the most advanced icebreakers.

We also know the melting of oceanic ice leads to a breakdown in ocean currents, which results in periods of global cooling. Consider that Great Britain is often warmer than areas on the same latitude in the Western Hemisphere; this is because ocean currents drive warm air across these areas. The last time we had a period of great global cooling, Napoleon was ousted from Russia and George Washington crossed an ice-choked Delaware River.

I think we are being disingenuous when we take a bunch of scientific studies by globalist scientists and compile them together to form some sort of hodgepodge conclusion that the scientists themselves did not even agree with. I think the greater threat is in polluting our groundwater, and overpopulation in Western areas leading to a lack of water. Water will be in the 22nd century what oil was in the 20th and 21st.

But liberals refuse to acknowledge this because they can't read past whatever opinion piece is being shoved down their throats by a woman on HuffPost that graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Gender Studies. They push the idea that arbitrary rises in global temperature are a danger, while the rest of the world continues to be fucked over. These are the same people that think the uptick in forest fires are due to global warming when in reality, forests need to burn or we have forest fires (just like controlled burns on prairies). But we can't let nature happen because we continually settle in areas that should not be settled in.

>Is the climate changing?

Probably.

>Is it mankind's fault?

Probably not, but yeah, pollution is bad.

>Do we need to pay a carbon tax to the World Bank to "offset" pollution?

No. That just means pollute all you want as long as the Rothschilds get theirs... Fuck your mother.

Yes. But we're trying to link that to actions of men.

Why are Americans so stupid that they deny the obvious fact of global warming?

Do you fags deny gravity too? What about eliocentricity?

The American race is clearly genetically deficient in some form.

>What is with Republican culture
> and the outright fuck refusal to accept
> anything fact-based in the reality we live in?

FTFY, OP. No charge.

Republicans have been destroying the educational system here ever since Regan lied his way into office. Taking a wrecking ball to our schools and polluting knowledge and science with their derp is the only defense they have left to try and hide the fact that their magic sky creature has a small penis.

> t. Sup Forums

>A period of global warming was experienced in the mid 10th century to early 16th century.
Not global, regional.

My problem with it all is that it more or less comes down to this; "whaah climate change is real so now you and your neighbours should use these energy friendly lights cause that will totally stop it!" Meanwhile said energy friendly lights are made in a country where they pollute, waste and basically hold the majority share on what everyone is advocating everyone else about. I can clean up my front yard but if the entire neighborhood (meaning countries on the other side of the world) do not give a shit then nothing can really change.

To be fair everyone said that tobacco didn't cause cancer, and that everyone who insisted the companies were engaging in a coverup were called conspiritards and spit upon.

I wonder what happened with that?

nah, paying shills on Sup Forums to act retarded

switching to nuclear is a fucking start

tobacco doesn't cause cancer though

What happened?

Also sugar doesn't make you fat, right?

\//\

It turns out that tobacco causes cancer, and the companies were engaging in a coverup.

Not an argument.

>mfw this is the fourth time we have invented the internal combustion engine, and sealed our fate

China is building quite a lot of them I heard, but a country where they dump chemicals into rivers, kill all their fish as result and get people ill just cause they don't care about consequence is not a country I like to see use nuclear power.

You know, climate change is a consistent event that has happened since the Earth was formed. Claiming that humans can alter the very planet to a significant degree is just plain narcissism.

Wrong? There is plenty of historical evidence to suggest it was very much indeed global. Our massive oceans are interlinked, and when our currents slow, they effect the other bodies of water. One can only assume there were greater local effects in areas that depend upon the warmer currents (Western Europe) but we can't deny the total effect was global.

Sugar doesn't make you fat, eating too much of it does, just as anything you eat.

>What is with American culture
>refuse to accept the fact climate change
>isn't fucking pretend

Climate change is real.
Global warming is real.
Melting ice cap is real.

But it doesn't matter, we as human beings, do not have the power, control or will to stop extinction or climate change. We do not have the power to control natural phenomenons such as global warming.

The belief that ceasing human activity, will reduce, stop, control or influence natural phenomenon is hubris.

Be humble and do what humans do.

Can you show me scientific evidence that the Medieval Warm Period was global? I wasn't aware the consensus had shifted.

It turns out sugar actually does make you fat, and sugar companies have been bribing nutritionists since the 50s to lie avout it

Wow man you are fucking retarded ignoring the facts. Now give me money for cleaner, safer energy. You alone can make a difference and pay me.

The Arctic will be habitable for shitskins in our lifetime.

So basically the same claim that there was against tobacco at start?

It turns out you need to go back to physics class is and learn what conservation of energy is, fatty.

kek, muh environmental science money.

How much Carbon Dioxide was in the air in the carboniferous period.

> what was the temp?

Fuck Manmade-global-climate-warming-change.

>FFS the entire solar system is warming you non science fucks. Go to bed.

>What's the deal? Is science pretend?
>all one race
>gender doesnt exist
sure the fuck looks like its pretend to me.

>NASA continues to change figures after the fact
>people are too dumb to realize this

its like climate change is profitable or some shit