Why does everybody hate him when his family is so much worse?

>Beth would let the world burn for an afternoon with her dad and would be in denial when he shoots a crying baby
>Morty would plummet an entire galaxy in a hellish void if it means pleasing a hot girl
>Summer would turn the world into an apocalyptic nightmare if it means she could escape her problems and be an even more edgy version of Rick

The worst thing Jerry has done is made a bunch of people on Pluto mad. Yet he's always the bad guy.

Jerry is a lazy, egotistical, parasitic piece of shit, and his utter cowardliness would be somewhat excused if he added any kind of financial or intellectual worth to the family, which he didn't.

Actually the thing on Pluto was good because he told the truth.

Honestly, Jerry isn't that bad. He's had more redemption than any other character in the show. People just hate him because 'LOL DON'T BE A JERRY! BE A RICK! WUBBALUBBADUBDUB'.

Didn't he have an advertising job until Rick brought his alien battle to earth? And didn't he get a job and ended up having to support the family until Rick came at the start of season 3?

Still better than mass murder

Jerry lost his ad job on his own, and he got the galactic federation job because they needed someone pathetic and dumb like him.

why would anybody want to be a jerry tho?

i'd rather be a wubbalubbadubdub

So you're saying he has had two better jobs than you and Rick combined?

jerry thinks HUNGRY FOR APPLES is actually a good marketing campaign

he lost his job on his own

Jerry is NOT always the bad guy, he's even worse. He is an extra luggage in the family that only serves to hold them back at every opportunity. When Rick became temporarily retarded, did Jerry soften up and try to treat him kindly like when Doofus Rick gave him a chance? No, he took full advantage of Rick's weakness.

Jerry is a parasite that longs to be the predator, that's all that needs to be said.

Isn't Jerry consistently shown to step up when the chips are down?

His problem is that the world has been shitting on him so long that he just accepts it now.

Let's be real, that's no worse than "badabababaaa I'm lovin it".

How come when he stood up to his wife for allowing a dangerous maniac back into their lives the show portrays him as a loser?

Reddit-tier losers love Rick because its how they imagine themselves, and hate Jerry with a passion, because he's how they really are (even though he's not even a bad person, just a bit pathetic)

>worst serial killing monster in human history becomes temporarily vulnerable

>oh gosh, better be nice to him

I don't get that either. Especially since Beth and Summer somehow hate him for not standing up despite the fact that that's why he's divorced in the first place.

I honestly can't remember anything terrible that Jerry has done. Im sure hes done somethings but everything everyone else has done is far worse than what Jerry could ever do on his own. At his worst he's just a slightly below average joe who always has to deal with his family's shit. Mostly because of Rick. If anything Jerry is the most sane person is his whole family. He doesn't deserve anything that happens to him. I don't see how hes UH FUCKIN PARASITE like and are saying.
>he took full advantage of Rick's weakness
He just messed with him a little. Rick has destroyed entire worlds without a second thought and destroyed his marriage. So what if he jabs him a little.
Also this so much of this.

Because it's "funny". You have to understand, the "le leddit xd" community likes this kind of character, because it makes them feel better, to laugh at someone's else miserable life and existence.

They could've made him so much better. Most of his problems are plausible, and even relatable if you've been in a similar situation, where you want to accomplish something, but someone else better or smarter keeps stealing away what little thing you have in your life, or even if things just don't work out.

Jerry was created to be mocked, to be thrown away when no longer needed, to be a laughing stock, so that Rick can shine more.

Remember that episode where Beth and him saw a diferent version of themselves, but still, at the end of the day, went back to each other? Well, the writters don't.

I watched an interview where either Dan or Justin said his biggest flaw is thinking good intentions are good enough and backing down when shit hits the fan.

Morty is spineless until it matters then finds his balls, where Jerry is ballsy until he's challenged at all and then he cowers.

I think the main reason people hate Jerry is they know they are Jerry.

Wait, if Reddit thinks it's funny to pick on a buttmonkey like Jerry or Yamcha then why do they hate it when Family Guy picks on Meg.

Is it because she's a girl?

What's with Dan Harmon and this kind of character anyway? Half of community past a certain point was just shitting on britta and/or chevy chase

probably. bullying a boy is hilarious (unless he's gay) but bullying a girl is unacceptable.

Jerry is a parasitic bastard. He'd sell any member of his family just to live 20 minutes more. But that doesn't excuse how shitty all of them are.

The piece of shit genome lives through them.

Only because he was ran though a simulation where it did work. Which was Rick's fault.

Because people prefer assholes to boring.

Yeah, but what he does is human and reasonable enough from a certain point of view. His family is from hell.

Jerry's actually my favorite character come S3. Morty's a jaded, desensitized asshole, Beth is a fucking travesty of a mother that latches onto her dad like a parasite, Rick is Rick and Summer's never been of note. Jerry is the only guy in this goddamn show that is comparable to a normal human being. I want him to succeed after 3 seasons of getting fucking tossed around.

He won't though. His upcoming girlfriend will likely be abusive and he'll still be dragged kicking and screaming to his old family.

But they wrote an episode where he became a Cronenberg killing badass when shit hit the fan

And now he's a frozen savage.

It's easy to kill things that are weaker than you, but imagine if Jerry had to cross a cronenberg infested ocean to find a cure or some shit?
he couldn't do that, just like a regular grunt in the army couldn't command platoons and shit.

I don't know how people can shut on for messing with while he was temporarily retarded when we have quite literally seen Rick cause the Apocalypse once.

>Jerry's a parasite
>Rick literally dropped in one day unannounced, started living with the family by preying on his daughter's need for any kind of affection and puts them in constant mortal danger. Already destroyed the world once but just dimension hopped to a world where nobody knew Jerry was 1000% right about him being bad news

Rickfags are insufferable

>It's easy to kill things that are weaker than you,
Dafaq are you talking about? When it started they were giant mantis monsters.

He got the job because he had to pay for those antidepressants

Jerrys fear the Rick.
>Being a Jerry apologist
People who defend Jerry feel that they are being directly insulted by the show because they are a Jerry themselves.

Jerry being pathetic doesn't mean he still isn't a better person that Rick.

I'd rather spend my life around people I consider pathetic that a single person I consider amazing but amoral.

"The Rick" does not exist in real life. "The Rick" is a projection by people who think that writing for television sitcoms makes them a genius

S03 Jerry is the most sympathetic character
>no one loves him, possibly not even his kids
>just wants his kids to be alright
>gets effectively banished for wanting his family safe
>Rick pseudo-psychologies him into thinking he's "a predator leech" because he still resents Jerry for impregnating his daughter
>Rick subsequently dismisses an actual psychologist from deconstructing his character because dude fuck you I'm a space lord
S01-02 Jerry was irritating but he was still down to earth and quickly realized his faults and limitations and admitted them openly.
He didn't ignore his issues, he didn't bottle them up and continue to make the same terrible decisions like Rick and Beth do.

I foresee a redemption arc for him if not this season then by the next.
Also it's painfully obvious eye-patch Morty is "Rickest Rick's" original Morty.

>Typical Jerry posters.
How does it feel that you only hurt yourself more defending yourselves?

if you haven't noticed even Ricks can be Jerry's.

False he has a job.

*Had* a job.

Technically still has a job but it's enslavement. That Rick was influence by a speech from evil Morty too.

yep.
Jerry is the most human and well-adjusted which in that family makes him the odd-one out.
He knows his faults, he's self-conscious but still tries to keep his family safe and be a role model.
He swallowed his pride and admitted the truth to the plutonians because he saw Morty in a plutonian child.
He feels immense guilt about impregnating Beth because he didn't want to hold her down.
Let's not forget how he manned up and fought the cronenburgs (you could technically argue this isn't the same Jerry though).

But of course since Rick is so smart he can talk circles around this average joe and make him feel even worse, Rick dishes out the same crap the psychiatrist dishes him in pickle rick.

Is it really a job when he doesn't know what's going on?

>He feels immense guilt about impregnating Beth because he didn't want to hold her down.
Reminder: Beth is holding Jerry down. She may not be a real surgeon, but she is still leading a somewhat successful job. Jerry would have been 1000x more successful than both normal Beth AND human surgeon Beth.

you're not wrong
>I'm just going to keep you emotionally hostage with my psychotic sci-fi dad by continually guilting you for the consensual unprotected sex we both took part in and my own failed aspirations, oh and to make sure you never, ever gain any self-esteem I'm going to keep threatening to leave only to immediately take you back over and over until I finally force you to leave on your own accords left a shell of a man and away from our children

thats actually a good point, they never really present that perspective to you though, its almost always framed as Jerry being the one at fault

It's not just Beth and Rick. Morty and Summer are just as bad.

yes

a lot of people work at jobs where they don't know what's really going on at the top

On the contrary, people who hate Jerry with a passion worry that they are him.

Yeah but this guy is in some sort of stasis.

Isn't it implied that Jerry was raped in one scene?

When?

Nevermind, It's been implied 3 times.

This season really likes torturing rape victim men.

During the Titanic episode, when Beth and Jerry are packing up. Beth comments that Lucy, the maid lady, didn't look like a rapist. Jerry responds with
>Well, what does a rapist look like Beth?

And then proceeds to describe a specific looking guy while looking traumatized, but then quickly brushes it off when Beth looks at him weird.

>3 times
Oh shit, when are the other two times?

The rest of the family are terrible people, but they are active people with their own goals and desires that they actually strive and take action to accomplish. In comparison Jerry is barely even a person, he just floats along in everyone elses' wake whining and moaning and trying to bum money and emotional validation off them. That's what makes him so insufferable.

Here's hoping the Jerry does move on, get a girl friend, and actually gets a kick ass life and gives Rick the Finger, but is still good enough of a dad to love Morty and Summer despite everything. But he still tells Beth to fuck off which causes her to downward spiral further into being a bad mom and a terrible person, knowing that Jerry is better than her.

And Rick will probably do something to fuck him over just for the principle of it. THEN try to blame it as Jerry's fault with more fake-psychological talk.

>What does a rapist look like exactly Beth? Is it a (selodic?) man wearing a denim jacket with a patchy beard and the sent of cheap champagne wafting over his blister pocked lips?". Jerry also becomes uncomfortable after continuing.

>When Beth and Jerry want to move Rick out to a nursing home in the first episode Jerry says "well now you can build baskets and watch Paul Newman Movies on VHS and mentally scar the boy-scouts every Christmas". Beth asks "what does that mean?", and Jerry simply replies "It's personal".

Oh shit. It was staring us in the face but since it was Jerry, and the show has a habit of hyperbole talking.

What about Jerrys parents? They seemed to have moved past caring about Jerry as well at this point.

Nah, they're just living it large with Jerry's Bruncle.

he has a point, they are living it large while their son spirals into despair nowhere in sight during all of it

Fair enough.

This.

to be fair that how real women act, especially in marriage. Everything is the husbands faullt and they refuse to be held responsible, even when they do admit some fault they'll still turn it around and blame it on the husband for not being a "man" and controlling them, even tho in the reverse situation they would call the husband an abuser/control freak for not letting them do as they please despite the obvious consequences of letting them go through with there actions.
>Tl;Dr traps are better
also this

>Beth's biggest issue is her abandonment by Rick
>she tortures Jerry threatening to abandon him and eventually does choose her father over him
it's like poetry, it rhymes

That reminds how the fuck did try and make Jerry the bad guy in the Christmas episode?

Jerry: I just want my family to spend time together on Christmas
The writers:Well fuck you your dad's a cock and your wife and daughter will smugly mock you for it.

>cock
Cuck.
Bitchass auto correct.

>he was the only one who could love Jerry for who he is

plus their parents were bringing an uninvited guest to a christmas meal and what is more their its his mother lover who has never been introduced to Jerry by this point

they brought their bedroom arrangement into a family setting without okaying it with their son and his family first, they were being assholes

>"Doofus Rick"
>never acts like any thing but a genuine bro
>still treated like shit by other Ricks
>not personally impressed with R2D2 coins but points out its not his opinion on them that matters
>invents fucking ovenless brownies at Jerrys suggestions
>could literally earn him thousands, if not millions
>would probably share the profit with co-creator Jerry
>obviously still a scientific genious even if not quite on the level of other Ricks
>probably just needs the prompting to try rather than get shit on by "genius" Ricks

Jerry and him should seriously just move in together and then retire as best friends for life off the proceeds of their confectionary science products.

He's not a Chad.

This is Rick and Morty, no one gets a happy ending.

Jerry would find out some stupid thing with Doofus Rick and it would ruin the company/friendship.

I'm not saying this should happen, just that the writers would make these choices because muh nihilism

Because at some point Roiland realized that he is a Jerry and hates himself for it so he takes it out on the character

No one likes a betapill.
Rick got him kicked from the family just to show Morty how easy it is to control women's minds.

I hate him because his gimmick works so well he has an army of white knights in real life. I hate him because I wish I could take the sad sacks that see themselves in him to fucking Funhappy Land and so they'll stop being such miserable pieces of shit feeling sorry for themselves for five minutes. Those people need to lighten the fuck up and stop being such goddamn weenies.

He's a coward. Nobody likes cowards. C-137 Jerry at least manned up when shit hit the fan and became a complete alpha.

Joke is everyone a coward too but they hide from it by pointing out Jerry's faults

the whole "he leeches off of people by being pityable" would make more sense if literally everything didnt actually treat him like shit

if thats his gimmick then it sure as hell isnt working

He's passive.
No one likes a go-nowhere fuddy dutty in an action cartoon.

HATE DAD

Bullshit. The people that know they are Jerry are the ones getting upset on his behalf. The people that aren't laugh at him as easily as I laugh at the misfortune of any perpetually shit on depressed character. Hans Moleman for example. People that look at Hans Moleman gag and feel bad are people that think to themselves, "thats me in a few years" and they need to stop thinking that. Same with Jerry except probably replace a few years with right now.

The main character is the exception that resents him and has actively sabotaged him. Of course it isn't fucking working. Rick exists.

So I just binged watched this show and got caught up yesterday. I don't get why the Pickle episode was so popular? Like, why was it being spammed everywhere. It was kind of funny but not "haha" funny. Why is this worshipped so much?

Contrarians that hate the show latched onto that and spam it ironically in a "this is what you retards like, huh huh huh" kind of way.

>I just kept crawling and it just kept working!
>Rick ruined my life
Uh huh.

People like it because someone finally gets the shit on Rick and Beth for being shits

jerry sucks
theres a reason doofus jerry is cooler and beats out every rick solo

Here, at least, it's an ironic meme because it's such a stupid premise that people are making fun of it

>Doofus Rick can't have kids cause he's too dumb to get laid
>Least likely to abandon baby Beth

I hope him and Cop Rick aren't shown being killed later

Who hurt you?

So jerry hadn't originally pitched it on his own volition? You can argue fringe cases and what ifs like if jerry wouldn't have pitched that if the execs stared him down early on, but jerry still came up with that idea and thought it was good enough for a presentation in front of the heads of the company.

>basing your opinion blindly off of a stranger on the internet that you despise for unrelated reasons
Fucking contrarians are the cancer of the site

>the sex before marriage plus zero abortion double whammy was entirely beth's fault and jerry had no fault in it
>jerry taking advantage of an inexperienced college girl was okay because she had consent and was above a certain arbitrary age
>beth was in the wrong, instead of society and by extension jerry telling her it was okay for her to have sex with anyone she wanted without repercussions to worry about
>implying jerry not having any self esteem is entirely due to beth, and not also society and the entire world itself
>implying jerry himself is not the problem with him not having any self esteem
>beth made jerry leave, instead of jerry leaving himself due to his retarded grandstanding that he used to threaten beth with, keeping her under his belt with the kids that he made her have due to reasons stated above
>beth wasn't only keeping jerry around for the sake of the kids, and have ever wanted or even forced jerry to leave due to reasons outside of the constant threats and abuse
>jerry being shown, in the actual show, to do well when there's no society and only family, and to do worse when there's no family and only society
I frequented Sup Forums a ton back in 2014 and read that board like a newspaper during the election, but the misognyst redpill virgins on Sup Forums who blame beth for everything jerry's done wrong because she's a woman are a ton worse compared to feminists, because at least they get called out for their beliefs and fallacies all the time.

>college age

They were in high school, they specifically mentioned prom night

His mother, obviously, that's why he turned to the life of faggotry.

I dislike what he represents. He is the typical sitcom not-so-smart father that I'm sick and tired of seeing on American shows. Whenever I see people defending him all I can imagine is people who desire this show to be just another family sitcom they've already seen a billion times, but it is what they find safe and comfortable.

I prefer the sci-fi adventures of the main duo. I prefer when him, Summer, and Beth are just minor characters. Very minor.

Huh, apparently the writers didn't even bother to be subtle with portraying jerry as the physical manifestation of rick's regret with not spending time with his daughter.
I found it funny how I used to argue with rick haters and after the episode with rick ranting about jerry being a leech that also preyed on someone with daddy issues aired, the amount of rick hating posts went down a lot. Sup Forums always acts like they have better taste than anyone else, and then continue to miss tiny hints like these because the show decided to create plot that wasn't narrated to the viewer like a bedtime story.

I don't get the preying thing. Nobody even thought of that till Rick brought it up.