X-Men and F4 joining the MCU

Hory Shit

mobile.twitter.com/MCU_Tweets/status/908058305494478849

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/09/13/stan-lee-marvel-getting-x-men-fantastic-four-back/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Assuming this isn't bullshit, they're not getting X-Men. Fant4stic maybe, but Fox is getting to much from X-Men to give them up.

Assuming...

The worst thing about marvel though is having mutants share a universe with the other goody two shoes

>t. inhuman fanboy

Holy shit

You can't stop the MCU hype train!

I'm sure its just about allowing some iconic villains from the X-Men and less incorporating mutants into the MCU. F4 maybe though.

Can they reboot the X-Men film franchise now?

And get new and better actors for Jean, Cyclops, Storm, and Nightcrawler? And a new Wolverine actor? And better costumes? And a villain that isn't Magneto or gets overshadowed by Magneto?

It's way too late to introduce the mutants.

If legit, it can't be any worse than SONY dividing up Spider Man material insisting they know how to make movies

I'd be happier if Sony took their spiderkid and fucked off. That said it'd be cool if Fox and Marvel could cooperate.

I can see them trying to do something with Wolverine now that Hugh Jackman is done with them.

>"Sooner or later, they're going to get the rights back to all our characters," [Stan] Lee said. "They're working on it, and they're still making X-Men movies and stuff. Don't worry about it. You'll get more Marvel superheroes than you'll have time to look at in the next few years."

That's it. That's the entire basis for this. Clickbait as fuck and idiots who aren't bothering to read the link believe it.

its bound to happen eventually. doesn't take a genius to figure out Disney will find ways to acquire the rights at some point.

>believing Stan "Rusemaster" Lee
laughing my ass of at you are life to be honest family.

How do we fit the FF into the MCU? They will need to be teenagers, something like the Ultimate FF

Would be fun to have a light hearted FF movie while the Avengers are locked into Infinity War spacial shit

Either that or have been come from the 1960's and have been trapped in the Negative Zone all this time having wacky adventures.

The MCU absolutely does need the Fantastic Four as there are no better options for them. He's right about the X-men though. Keep them as far away from the MCU as possible for both their sakes. Fox is finding a good thing with the whole "R-Rated barely-canon X-films" thing and that'd be ruined with Disney making them child friendly. Meanwhile, trying to shoehorn the X-men into the already established MCU would just be a disaster.

I can see them doing a movie set in the 50-60's and getting blackhole/wormholed into the future.

Clickbait. Read the actual interview, all he says is "someday they'll probably get the characters back".

This. Best thing they can do is introduce a small amount of important characters while downplaying their mutant aspect like they did with Scarlet and Quicksilver.

The MCU doesn't need the Fantastic 4, but they DO need the Four's villains. Galactus and Doom especially.

>Clickbait as fuck and idiots who aren't bothering to read the link believe it.
Isn't it a good thing if people aren't bothering to read a clickbait link?

F4 is the most boring team though. Literally nothing interesting about them.

Why do the FF have to be in the past? I don't get why everyone always says this.

The FF have never been "lighthearted", in fact what set them apart was that they were the LEAST lighthearted superheroes ever, with more scifi monster and horror elements than superheroics, and the interpersonal drama between the characters.

Ben Grimm's entire character is that he was turned into a hideous monstrosity that can never turn back.

t. Mouseketeer

Inhumans got turned into mutants anyway

FF4 is needed for getting cosmic going.

>Trusting a phoneposter

The whole "set it in the 60s" thing has never made sense to me. They're really not tied to that era. I DO think it should be at least partially set in the past to justify why they're not currently around, but it should just be like them getting trapped in the negative zone shortly before the events of Iron Man, so set it in the mid-00s.

Really, the only point of contention is the fact that it doesn't make sense for Reed Richards, the smartest man in the world, to never be mentioned at any point in the MCU. Having it so he was presumed dead shortly before the events of IM1 would explain that.

Let's cast a new adult FF team!

CIA doesn't have the jawline for it.

I agree, but as said, you can just have the F as a established team on current MCU, you just can't. I went with the lighthearted shit assuming a teen FF, things could escalate quickly into darker tones with some character development and a post infinity war setting. Also, I fell that is important to do something different from the last f4ntastic fiasco and from FF 1/2.

The Fantastic Four research team disappeared with Captain Marvel in the 90's but they come back in time for Infinity War 2

The X-Men were Hydra's failed experiments with the Mind Gem, they didn't die.

where's my check?

There is no way they were actually just give them the X-Men. That wouldn't make any sense. They'll probably negotiate for some aspects of X-Men cosmic lore or something, but the X-Men as a whole? No way.

F4 is the same, except Fox would love to get rid of that

Do you really need it to be explained why Reed was never known before? Why are FF the only characters people seem to approach with an idea that they have to be established and have been around for a long time BEFORE the rest of the Marvel U? Everything else in the MCU starts from the beginning, and in the real Marvel U the FF only debuted shortly before Spider-Man, who debuted shortly before the rest of the Avengers.

That's how you do it. You just start with Richards as a relatively young but gifted scientist working for NASA with his test pilot and best friend Ben Grimm, his assistant Sue Storm and her brother. He doesn't have to be 40+ years old, he doesn't have to be known around the world already, all of that can come later. Just keep it simple.

The Fox reboot obviously did a lot of shit wrong but on a fundamental level it was good. Just do a regular origin story, don't treat it like a campy joke, and make it all about the scifi elements.

the last xmen movie was a flop and fox wants money. disney probably handed over a ton to get them

disney paid billions for star wars and ddint even get the toy licensing rights.

It would be if they also weren't compelled to discuss it.

The issue is that everyone here jumps on a headline taken out of context or whatnot and talks about that, rather than reading the content of something, determining that it's bullshit, and moving along.

So no, it's not good to skip clickbait if you still insist on using it as a basis for a discussion.

kek

I can honestly say I'd rather put up with a stupid inconsequential discussion that will be eventually proven false than having anyone enable the clickbait causing the problem in the first place by giving it views.

This post will go unnoticed and people will still eat up this click bait shit anyway

>The Fantastic Four research team disappeared with Captain Marvel in the 90's but they come back in time for Infinity War 2
This is actually great.
>The X-Men were Hydra's failed experiments with the Mind Gem, they didn't die.
Ehhhh.

I really hope they don't fuck up the MCU with all the Mutant bullshit.

That really needs its own continuity.

Stan also said he created Captain America and came up with the word "Mjolnir"

>implying he didn't come up with the word "Mjolnir" in ancient times

>Eric Bana as Reed Richards.
>Rosamund Pike as Sue Storm
>Freddie Stroma as Johnny Storm.
>The Thing voiced by John Goodman.

Stan Lee isn't involved in decision making with any of the companies involved. It doesn't mean anything.

>Dennis is psycho Reed
>Sweet Dee is neurotic Sue
>Mac is gay Johnny
>Charlie is idiot Ben

Fantastic Four: The One Where the Gang Gets Powers

[spoilers]Frank is the Mole Man, clearly. Waitress is Alicia. This actually fits together too well.

>cold war era, space race is in its' prime
>Reed's working on a revolutionary rocket engine
>Doom's his assistant who thinks he is better than Reed
>day of the test comes
>Doom secretly fiddles with the rocket, beliving that he's improving it
>it causes the rocket to tear through time and space
>they find themselves in the negative zone
>they learn to use their powers and fight Annihilus
>find a way home
>turns out time flows differently in the nz, it's been decades on Earth
>Doom is now the same age as Reed, setting him up as his nemesis in the sequel

I don't really want X-Men in the mcu though, except for Sniktbub, especially since Fox said they are not going to recast him, so they are probably going to either stop using him at all, or use X-23 instead, and MCU can introduce their own version, similar to Quickslav and Scarlet witch - just say that all his powers are the result of Weapon X's experimentation or something like that.

You're right, they're not tied to the era per se, but there's a strong pulpy feel to the FF that doesn't really jell with modern comics/cape movies.

It's like Agent Carter vs. Agents of SHIELD - they have a similar agenda and fight similar enemies, but there's a distinct vibe thanks to the era and aesthetics. Besides, it would be fun to have another prequel movie in the MCU - having it be a 60s film helps avoid "same as the other ones" criticism and helps it step out of the shadow of its predecessors.

And it allows for some cool interactions: the FF would be natural friends with Cap and Star-Lord, fellow time-displaced (or essentially so) heroes. Reed and Tony could have interesting dynamics - maybe Reed looked up to Howard growing up, and he himself was one of Tony's influences, so now you have a cool moebius strip of professional admiration. Wonder Woman shows there's definitely an audience for period piece superhero movies, and being fish-out-of-water gives them an incentive to keep exploring the unknown: Earth isn't that familiar to them now either.

I'd set most of the first movie in the early 60s, with a strong Space Race/The Right Stuff backdrop, and some future set-up like a college-aged Harvey Elder being one of Reed's assistants and the CIA backing a coup in Latveria (that brought in the dictator who killed Doom's mom). Since it's the 60s, the Soviets have to be the villains - it starts off emulating the Space Race, with Reed serving as a Werner Von Braun figure and his opposite being Ivan Kragoff (Red Ghost). Kragoff sends three apes into Lunar Orbit (another easter egg), proving his design's feasibility. Reed needs more time and funding for his experimental design to work, but the White House wants results now, so they scrap his project and divert all funding to NASA's more conventional Apollo project.

(cont.)

someone hire this man

>the last xmen movie was a flop
logan was a flop?

cool

now, they don't fucking need origin movies, assholes. just insert them into a trailer for hype, like somethings happening with the Infinity Gems trailer and then BOOM we just see wolvies claws pop out from a corner of the screen, fade to black and title

DONT FUCK THIS UP, I WANT A WHOLE CAST FOR INFINITY GAUNTLET, NO BS "FOX OWNS THIS" SHIT

i also want that marvel DC crossover from the 90s as a movie now, why fight each other when you could combine both into one SUPERVERSE!

>FF4 is needed for getting cosmic going
Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain Marvel already do that.

Reed steals the prototype ship, flies it through an anomalous region of space bomarbed with cosmic rays, you know the drill. After seeing the Americans get fantastic powers, Kragoff decides to fly his own ship through the radiation, and recruits three pilots (Russian stand-ins for the U-Foes, I'm merging Red Ghost and Vapor here to make a true anti-FF). They too get powers, but due to his ships's inferior shielding, they're rapidly destabilizing and only have weeks to live. Kragoff decides to kidnap the Four and experiment on them to develop a cure. He takes them back to space to repeat the process (with his own group safely shielded this time) and try to reverse-engineer it.

The FF beat the U-Foes and steal an escape pod just as the cosmic rays reach peak intensity, and end up being hurtled through time.

The same phenomenon occurs some 50-odd years later (present day), and NASA is tracking it when they see the FF's pod materialize. The U-Foes are nowhere to be seen (I'm pulling a Red Skull "they can be brought back if needed" solution), but Reed and co realize they were Rip Van Winkle'd to the future. A few short scenes showing them adapting to their new situation, and the movie would end with them suiting up to fight the good fight once again.

Doom would be in the sequel, firmly a present-day character because I want him to show up again without timey-wimey nonsense.

Also, Ben Grimm has to say at some point, preferably when Doom taunts them as being "out of time" (in more ways than one), "Past, present or future, it don't matter one bit, cause it's still clobberin' time!"

I don't blame him much for mistakenly thinking he created Cap since he'd been writing his stories since issue fucking 3.

Ironically he's probably written more issues of Captain America than any other character, including Spider-Man and Hulk.

this wont ever happen. Disney doesn't want to pay what they'll make and Fox wont sell anything they have for less. Especially with the star wars home release rights in their pocket. There is no way Disney wants to pay billions for the fucking muties before they offer the money for the Star wars complete boxed set dosh. Which I can only assume they would rather not happen then to share money on it.

what the fuck is so hard to understand about that? why are the faggots here who actually parrot the "give them the rights" meme? literally only a shill could say something as stupid as "give that company your IP".

They work together on tv. It could be Marvel being greedy.

Will RDJ teach Reed about science and ship him into space?

I strongly disagree. I've never felt anything inherently pulpy or 60's about the FF. In fact they've felt more and more at home as technology has progressed.

Look at the Hickman run, the entire Baxter Building interior looks like it was designed by Elon Musk in collaboration with Steve Jobs. They're more like the heroes of tomorrow than heroes of the past.

Adding all this time displacement stuff just feels like needlessly complicating things.

Stan Lee trying to his best Sony's lady impression, he is just happy he can cameo in all the movies, he knows nothing, Feige continuously tells us he has no interest in that.

sadly this is probably how they would do it.

You joke, but at this point it would seem rather likely.

TV is chump change. Live action shows don't sell merch and toys like movies do. And trust me, the movie game is way more about merch and toy dollars than box office. The entire point of creating Marvel Studios was a Perlmutter idea so that they could control all of the merchandise rights and all of the profits.

Actually a Carol and Whor fanboy.

Design and sensibility are two different things. The FF are firmly in the Science Hero mold of 50s/60s Sci-Fi that has no adequate parallel today. Not to mention the Lost World/Indiana Jones thing with an adventuring family visiting far-off locales and uncovering mysterious lost civilizations.

Their enemies are very Silver Age - Diablo, the jungle alchemist; Mole Man, ruler of Subterrania and its monsters; the tyrannical Doctor Doom; mad scientists Wizard and Mad Thinker; the noble Namor, King of the Seas, etc.

They really are designed for another time, and that's fine. I'm a big fan, and Hickman is one of the people who has proven they can work just as well today, but I find it odd that you can look at them and NOT see strong 50s/60s SF influences, moreso than with any other major heroes of the era.

I think the guy who played the love interest in Prometheus would've been a great Reed. Too bad he was in Homecoming apparently, which I haven't seen yet.

Kek

Who is Doctor Doom?

I used to think that too, but after the whole Sony/Spider-Man thing who knows. They might work out a similar deal.

They don't, but I think everyone knows it would be profitable for both studios to get some degree of collaboration going.
Plus Deadpool already featured a helicarrier, so they will likely continue to try to sneak in easter eggs from each other when they can.
If they don't get a handle on it eventually one of the creative teams just might do something to make the legal departments rip their hair out.

On which part? Like I said, no way disney goes for the muties before the star wars blu rays. And there's no way Fox is asking for less than Disney will ever make on either property (or set of properties).

Sony saw a chance to make money and that cunt that got infamous from the leaks found a way to get some sweet sweet producer money for herself.

>Who is Doctor Doom?

>If they don't get a handle on it eventually one of the creative teams just might do something to make the legal departments rip their hair out.

You don't have a brain do you? Or do you just think the bullshit you believe is true? How do you ever think "creative teams" are just going to slip some shit in somewhere?

My problem with
>reed existed in the past, but got lost
is the same with carl danvers in the 90s. Someone would have noticed. Even if reed got lost when he had the accident that gave him powers, a scientist of his caliber should have impacted the world around him. Someone should had mentioned him so far. He'd have invented groundbreaking stuff.

>as if

I fucking hope not, Disney is fucking cancer. X-Men is fine as it is

>X-Men is fine as it is

People would think the rocket blew up or some shit.

>"Past, present or future, it don't matter one bit, cause it's still clobberin' time!"

What more do you want? DP is looking good.

user did you think this disputed what the other user had said?

If anything that would be just another reason you would have heard him mentioned by now.

There is no Marvel movie that comes close to DOFP, X2 or Logan.

>How do you ever think "creative teams" are just going to slip some shit in somewhere?
Literally his pic related was not allowed to happen but they did it anyway.

user, I'm very well aware. It was literally referenced in his comment. Which would imply he thinks that something even less subtle would stand a chance. When that was literally run through the legal department to make sure nobody ripped their hair out.

You stupid smarmy faggot.

They ran it through, asking "can we have a helicarrier?"

They got told no.

So they still had a helicarrier.

you probably talk about Apocalypse, but it wasn't flop

or even Apocalypse, or Last Stand, and I'm not baiting

I unironically enjoyed Apocalypse the most in 2016 (out of the big 3). Probably because of McAvoy and Fassbender

>implying the implication that this is actually happening

No you dumb motherfuckers

They're gonna keep giving us Jennifer Lawrence movies

What Stan said was taken out of context and anyone with half a brain can see taht

Number one, no that is not what they ran it through as. They wanted it to look like the MCU helicarrier, legal said make it look less like the MCU helicarrier but that the helicarrier was fine.

So, again, I don't see why you think that's a good example. Specifically because the other user, the way he presented his statement, didn't even pose that as being a legal kerfuffle.

OP is full of shit.
comicbook.com/marvel/2017/09/13/stan-lee-marvel-getting-x-men-fantastic-four-back/

You talking Logan or Apocalypse? Apocalypse didn't do spectacular but it did well enough. Then you have Logan and Deadpool making them bank.

>Logan
>Bank

It wasn't as cheap as DP user. It did well, it didn't do spectacularly. they're hoping it gets an oscar but they'll be lucky if it gets a globe with how bad the second half was.

Dont fall for this trap.
He just wants to nip at our souls. Wein wasnt enough for him.

That doesn't mean anything. Just because someone who isn't involved with the movies says one day he hopes they will be in MCU does not mean they are.

This is the correct answer. Some things are allowed and some are not. Disney had the balls to make a wizard of oz film when they don't have the wizard of oz film rights. Yes the movie is public domain, but the film characters are not. The Witch being green is a signature of the movie and is protected character. A WB exec guided them with what color green she was allowed to be, because they were not allowed to match the green from the film. Same issue in deadpool. They were not allowed to explicitly make it the same designed helicarrier from a MCU film. They had to make alterations, but were still allowed the implication of the ship being such a thing in the background.

>Avengers 4 final scene
>Thanos rips out the gem from Vision's skull.
>Wanda screams and the screen fades to credits
>Post credits scene is Captain America lying down, struggling to grab his shield
>Ian McKellin's voice "Oh Captain, my captain"
>The Avengers will return in House of M

Inhumans bombed so hard

here's how Marvel gets the rights back, Stan walks up to the executives at other studios who are 30+ years younger than him, says "If I outlive you Marvel gets the rights back. Execs unaware that Stan is immortal take the bet, Stan outlives them all, Marvel gets all the rights back>

>House of M
Starting MCU X-Men with house of M would be as senseless as the first Batman and Superman crossover movie based on TDKR and Death of Superman.

Seriously. Even fox would likely demand something different.