You do realize it's satire, right?

You do realize it's satire, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y1YxOe1L6I8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's no excuse for it being unfunny looking trash.

Being satire is not an excuse for being shit

Being satire doesn't instantly make something good, you could also argue my life me is satire if you really wanted to.

That's not fucking satire.

I don't believe the Smith's are clever enough for satire.

For satire, or at least good satire, there has to be a point and a deconstruction of said point in a way that sheds new light and a perspective on something in a transformative way.

We already know how bad the Smiths can get with their shilling and this show doesn't do or say anything new about anime. Or even remotely criticizes it in any way.

Satire is funny

>it's a "celebrity gets his own cartoon show" episode

It was supposed to be satire but nobody among the producers had the courage to explain it to Jaden Smith. So now we are going in totally straight faced.

Jaden is pretentious enough to make completely incomprehensible nonsense and tell us it's a satire.

Yeah, I bet After Earth was satire too.

>Netflix adapts Stone Ocean

Wait is jayden gay?
Is this why Justin beiber stopped hanging with him?

Describing a show as satire or postmodern is not enough to dismiss all criticism of it

>shows looks like garbage
>i-its supposed to be satire!

>satire

>Are you feeling the synergy
>No I am not feeling the synergy

Isn't this show not out yet?

I'm sure little famous boy Jaden Smith wrote and was solely responsible for that entire movie

I didn't know that Lil' Uzi lent his likeness to anime

No it isn't. However, if it looks and smells like shit, then I wouldn't recommend consumption

>it wasnt lousy sex, it was a SATIRE of lousy sex!

It's shitty satire.

>it's ugly, dumb and insulting on purpose!
>so it's good!
GenZ, not even once

Racist mario is just satire.

Say it is satire.

How does the show looking like a "How to Draw Manga & Anime" book satirize anime? And what, specifically, is it satirizing - tropes made (in)famous or popular by anime, the Japanese approach to storytelling and animation, or Japanese culture in general?

why does Jaden Smith look better than all of those models he's posing with, is the real damn question....

What's the key factor of this looking like "how to draw manga" despite being made by professionals working in the industry? Like no one part specifically looks off but as whole it looks terrible.

Shut up Soros.

no it isn't it is a weebo's wet dream you fag

>What's the key factor of this looking like "how to draw manga" despite being made by professionals working in the industry?

The key factor is that those professionals are not working in the actual anime industry. They are trying to replicate an art style without understanding the foundations behind it.

Stop spamming this garbage show on Sup Forums

I've seen this anime before.

>no stands

Thanks for the cancer, asshole

Production IG and Deen are animating at least parts of it.

Those poor bastards.

They have no artistic vision behind them, it doesn't have a distintive or even good art style it's trying to achieve, they just wanna copy anime.

That guy on the right looks like that dude from gen zed, I can't unsee

In other words: It looks like a "stereotypical" anime, rather than something with a unique-to-the-project artstyle.

It's worse than stereotypical anime because they're trying to copy stereotypical anime.

Kappa Mikey season 2?

It'sokayIwasjustpretendingtoberetarded.jpg

I wonder who the next "communist" boogeyman (lol at all the brainlets who think a billionaire capitalist is in any way communist) will be for the right-wing once Soros finally kicks the bucket after 80+ years of being a massive piece of shit.

I just watched the trailer to this.
I am hype as fuck but I didn't get a satire vibr from it.

Walks like a duck...

>make something shit
>call it satire
>suddenly it's not shit

No, bad satire is still bad.

It's just another vanity project for Will's son. One of the problems with celebrity parents is that they'll push their children as the next big thing without realizing that they don't have talent.

Seemed pretty sincere

It doesn't matter what it is, or what it's supposed to be, if it is bad.

We don't know for sure if it truly is bad since we haven't seen an entire episode (or two), but it hasn't left a very good impression. Honestly I think this cartoon should be given a chance though. It looks like it's capable of being good.

Alex Soros

>It-It's supposed to be shit!
>It's satire!

Every fucking time

Alex Soros is gonna get killed if he keeps attending protests like some footsoldier. He better learns to keep distance if he wants to get as old as George.

It looks like it's satirizing cliche anime from the 2000's.

Which is even more lame because it's 2017.

What's the difference?
All satire is shit. It's the same level as fart jokes.

He isn't writing this, he just a VA

>Stone ocean gets an adaptation before Vento Aureo

No OP, this isnt' satire, but obviously a comedy, seriously i have see stuff worse looking and worse animated on adult swim but i don't see Sup Forums bitching about that

I like to think this is a joke that everyone is playing on Jaden Smith and he was so excited that they just don't have the heart to tell him.

Either that or his big poppa Will got wind and then they had to suddenly make it a real thing.

Or maybe Ezra Koenig has had a nervous breakdown because all his Vampire Weekend bandmates are releasing successful solo efforts/side projects.

I know everyone west of France hates Vento Aureo, but there's no way the Japanese hate it, right?

I'd watch it.

It seems like both.

Knowing Ezra's twitter and song writing style it seems more him than jaden.

I don't see why everyone is so up in arms it seems fun and a bit of a parody of the Moe anime of the 90s a lot of us grew up with. Is it gonna be the best or most ground breaking? No. But it'll be fun and genuine but never taking itself too seriously which is nice.

So what's the story here?

Yo Onii-chan. Got git me sum chips, bitch nigga.

So it's seems like a moe anime wrapped in a satire for Bourgeois youth of NYC. It has the same themes of melancholy and apathy that a lot of us grew up with. It's like sailor if sailor moon if yusagi was a 18 year old rich boy finding himself. It seems fun and light hearted; it's a niche program for sure but it's gonna find it's fans don't worry. I don't see why everyone's up in arms, it's not meant to be deep, serious or high art it's just a fun time a call back to a lot of the 4kidz tv many people grew up with.

Think The Royal Tenenbaums animated. It also has Wes Anderson

>0.05 $ have been depositated to your netflix account

NO! That fucking bitch isn't allowed here!

Satire of what?
Satire needs to have a clear target, it needs to satirize something. Even with crappy satire like Family Guy or South Park you can AT LEAST tell what they're trying to mock.

Here, what are they even mocking here? You can't say 'satire' as a defense if you don't specify what is being satirized.

A "parody" or a "satire" does not get a pass on "being good". And this "parody" looks like shit, no matter how "genuine" it is. Go ahead and toss out some other buzzword adjective, though - see how that works out for you.

>Here, what are they even mocking here?

I wondered the same thing:

i think they made something really shit and tried to cover it by saying its satire

Stone Ocean is Japans least favorite part

It's looks fine to me though. I fail to see what's wrong with it.

It doesn't take itself too seriously, and it's like a callback to the Moe anime we grew up with.

Moe anime, 4kids tv anime, kids a Columbia and NYU

Meant to link you ()

In this

>It doesn't take itself too seriously, and it's like a callback to the Moe anime we grew up with.

NEITHER OF THOSE THINGS AUTOMATICALLY MAKE IT GOOD, YOU THICKHEADED FUCKSTICK.

The animation looks like totalie spies, like an american company trying to do anime and failing

From the trailer it doesn't seem satirical at all, it seems like some straight face crap written by a kid who's new to anime
the premise and dialogue seem boring aswell

There literally already thousands of satire anime

Jaden get off of Sup Forums

Reminds me of a bad version of Perfect Hair Forever.

I can't tell if you're legit shilling for this trash or if it's just satire.

Neat.
I meant more in a meta sense though.

And who the hell is jaden? The director?

How the fuck are people talking about this like they watched the whole damn show already? There's just a fucking trailer for christ's sake! How the hell are we going to know if it's satire or not?

That being said, it looks like a hunk of shit. I had no grasp of a central theme or even a theme from the trailer.

To you.
Genuinely what's wrong with it. Just say it's not in your demo and get over yourself

As someone who grew up watching 4kids TV, shows like Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball etc. As someone who's on goes to NYC and are around the type of people who would say someone like "She's possessed; that sucks" it looks fine and like a good time.

It looks good becuase it looks like a Moe anime but with characters I'm around everyday. It's simple and sweet like most moe anime's and will be catered to other 20 something hipsters like myself. It's making fun at the bourgeois lifestyle and special kind of melancholy that comes with it.
>It if don't like Wes Anderson films and Sailor Moon then this show is not for you. Plain and simple

Not every show has to be Young Justice levels of depth and character development to be good. This is tongue and cheek and not up it's own ass. It's fine and seems like a good niche program.

I get why most people will think it's bad but I think it not taking itself too seriously is a very good reason to be excited for a show

I'm guessing creative consultant, and it sounds like he's voicing the main character

>I get why most people will think it's bad but I think it not taking itself too seriously is a very good reason to be excited for a show

THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT "GOOD" BY DEFAULT. The trailer shows no real central premise and the art looks like shit. The writing better be really, really, really, really, really motherfucking good if the show wants to succeed because I have heard nothing but mockery for this shitpile since the trailer dropped.

Ideas are a dime a dozen. The execution is what matters. Right now, this shit looks like everyone involved with it should be executed.

Everything about black people and anime summed up in one song.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y1YxOe1L6I8

Do I?

>I had no grasp of a central theme or even a theme from the trailer.
The central theme is responsibility.

Perfect Hair Forever looks like "how to draw manga" and is pretty well liked

The trailer shows no real central premise and the art looks like shit.

I agree the art isn't the best.
No central premise?
Are you dense?

Do you not know how to watch trailers or do you need a voice over saying shit like "In a world one boy" to spell shit out to you.

It's obviously a magical girl type show but with a boy. It's gonna centre around villians, super, powers and coming of age. Think Sailor Moon orr something.

I think it would do fine since it has Wes Anderson, and Jude Law.

And you've heard nothing but mockery about it from where? The internet elitist echo chamber? Most of my friends in real life and my twitter feed seem excited about it.

I think the show will do fine, because the demographic is there. It's just gonna be criticized by hipster anime snobs a lot though.

The secondary themes are magic and terrorism.

Perfect Hair Forever looks WORSE than "How to Draw Manga & Anime" books, which was a legitimate stylistic choice. This show just looks like shit because it is trying to ape an art style.

>I think it would do fine since it has Wes Anderson, and Jude Law.

"Big names" attached to a project offer no guarantee of quality. Learn to stop expecting otherwise.

>The internet elitist echo chamber?

>elitist

If you think Sup Forums is "elitist", what the fuck are you doing here?

>It's just gonna be criticized by hipster anime snobs a lot though.

I bet you think people hate it because it stars black characters and not because the art and animation look like shit.

>it's not shit, it's satire!

sure

It's neither.

>"Big names" attached to a project offer no guarantee of quality. Learn to stop expecting otherwise.

Lmao I should I not be excited that two talented people are attached and working on a project that is a huge niche risky bet?

Yes Sup Forums is very elitist, and often forget that the pretentious trite they like is usually otherwise fine to the rest of the world.
The vocal minority is always the loudest.

>I bet you think people hate it because it stars black characters and not because the art and animation look like shit.
Lmao I know why people hate it. I showed it to my friend and he said, "Oh he looks like you but this seems like a show for girls." It's a Moe anime, it's a show focused on relationships and character development and tongue and cheek moments rather action. Most people like action packed anime. Not pink filly, slow paced shows that reference Chanel and nihilism with some action thrown in.

>parody of the Moe anime

Where the fuck are you guys getting moe from? Do you guys even know what moe is moe is Lucky Star, Hidamari Sketch, School Live!, K-On, ect. It's a very specific style of show focused on cute girls doing cute things usually with a less realistic style of art.

If your going to defend the show at least defend it as a parody of something it is, it looks like a generic shonen action show not moe.

>black
>holding responsability by his actions

I'm sure you're getting a nice paycheck for your involvement with the show.

>Lmao I should I not be excited that two talented people are attached and working on a project that is a huge niche risky bet?

Feel however you want, just know that your feeling of hope and optimism can be crushed by the cruel hand of fate. Better to expect the worst and be surprised than to expect the best and be disappointed.

>Sup Forums is very elitist

LOL fucking WAT

>The vocal minority is always the loudest.

That should tell you something about yourself.

>I know why people hate it

No, you really don't.

> It's a Moe anime, it's a show focused on relationships and character development and tongue and cheek moments rather action.

You really, really do not understand what the word "moe" means in the context of anime, do you? In this case, you want to use either "shōjo" or "slice-of-life", as the former tends to skew towards "girly-girl" things like relationships, while the latter skews towards a lack of action. Also: "tongue-in-cheek", not "tongue and cheek", you fucking imbecile.

>Most people like action packed anime.

Only because that shit sells more and airs on more TV stations than shōjo/SOL anime. Go outside the Toonami audience and you'll see how shows like "Yuri on Ice" or "Lucky Star" have a large following in spite of your assumptions that "people only like action shows".

>Not pink filly, slow paced shows that reference Chanel and nihilism with some action thrown in.

I will not stand here and watch you insult "Revolutionary Girl Utena", you black-hearted, cold-blooded, Trump-voting ass-licker. Go back to the pit from whence you came and stay there until you learn your lesson.