Why is Sup Forums so friggin' pessimistic?

Why is Sup Forums so friggin' pessimistic?

What is there to be optimistic about?

Eeeeeyore!!!!

It isn't.
You just comment when you disagree or have some grievances.
Satisfied people scroll and move on.
This gives the idea that everyone's grumpy all the time, but we're not.
Only when we post.

This is what you just did
>notice something wrong
>post a complaint

It's pretty much the only reason to post.

I don't know but that thread about the detox machine a while back was so morose I could hardly believe it. This place is way more miserable than I could have imagined. I think me and maybe three or four other people said that a machine that removes the parts you don't like about yourself wouldn't completely fuck them over and/or kill them, because they hated everything about themselves. Anons, holy shit, if you watch cartoons to lighten up I think we need to find you more cartoons. Fuck.

If people being mean and negative is all he meant that's one thing, but I don't think that's what he was getting at. Eeyore isn't known for calling people out on bullshit, he's known for being depressed and seeing nothing in the world worth being happy about.

I fell in love with a fake gamer girl and she broke my heart cause i was fatter back then

losing weight and i wanna make her rethink her choices

Optimism is like getting punched in the face and then deciding to hope the guy doesn't do it again instead of putting up your guard.

Pessimism is allowing the guy to keep hitting you regardless.

Damn...

No, that's just life.

Pessimism is lashing out at everyone who looks at you funny out of the assumption that they're planning to punch you.

Lose weight and get fit but do it for you. Not for her. her mattering that much to you is unhealthy

That sounds like paranoia to me.

you can lose the weight but losing the abhorrent personality will be a little more difficult

I'm not pessimistic, I'm critical

I love comics and cartoons. Something being bad is only disappointing because of how good they can be.

>fake gamer girl

Even if she was a real gamer girl you'd probably still be better off without her, user.

How uplifting. But how about this: If someone decides to hit you, concentrate less on what they might do next and more on what you are going to do about it.

Optimism doesn't have to be so naive or so passive as that wimpy analogy. Not even trying to be a tough guy, just more positive than that.

>No, that's just life.
See, this is the shit I'm talking about. Your favorite comic book superhero or cartoon protagonist didn't get where he was by accepting that getting beaten down and shit on is the inevitable outcome of living.

this. and it gets worse when people get angry at criticism. Sometimes someone REEs and they just need to be ignored. Othertimes people just have different taste and need to realize that.

I think much of the problems in threads arise from rousing defense of something rather than just ignoring someone you disagree with and have no reason to interact with.

For instance. There was a thread specifically REEing about Batmanium. Why do people, if they aren't shills, go in to that thread to defend METAL? Sincerely why do that?

This "why are people so angry" and "you're no fun" shit is worse than anons being typically autistically specific tards about comics and cartoons.

Because having fun on Sup Forums stopped being cool back in 2010.

>Pessimism is lashing out at everyone who looks at you funny out of the assumption that they're planning to punch you.
that's not pessimism. Pessimism is always seeing worst in things. It has nothing to do with your following actions. Pessimistic people can definitely be the type to lash out, however.

Was there ever an episode of Winnie the Pooh where Eeyore just bitched everybody out and told them uncomfortable truths about what they did or how they acted?

Or are we ignoring the context of OP's post to make a point?

Is this a Filthy Frank reference?

I didn't respond to OP's post I responded to the one I replied to. You faggot fuck.

Well, there's plenty of reasons for Sup Forums to be upset right now. They've grown to see some of their favorite shows getting godawful reboots, all the best characters are always getting ruined by hack writers, they're constantly being invaded by Sup Forums, Sup Forums and tumblr and comic writers don't seem to be able to write stories without injecting their political views.

That said, who's cautiously optimistic about that Hellboy reboot movie? No Ron Perlman is a bummer but maybe Abe will be a badass this time.

>friggin
This site is.18+ little man

Its okay to curse here