What did Sup Forums think of this? I just got around the watching it

What did Sup Forums think of this? I just got around the watching it

It's alright. Some of the moment to moment stuff is kind of awkward (Like Trevor's speech rousing the town to just straight up skewer some dude) and the voice acting is hard to make out at times, but the first episode is fantastic and the Alucard fight had some genuinely gorgeous animation

Overall I'm surprised, these game adaptations tend to be garbage

Warren Ellis wrote the script. He personally scripted the fight choreography between Trevor vs. Alucard.

It's fucking fantastic in my opinion. Loved the writing in the church scene and all the fights are great.

I never realized how many Ellis-isms there were to his dialogue until I heard them out loud.

May I suggest you read some Warren Ellis comics? This is pretty tame compared to most of his comics.

Did you reply to the correct post?

I was more surprised at how many Ellis-isms were in RED and RED 2 considering both movies had next to nothing in common with the source material.

BTW, I loved RED and RED 2, and Ellis gave them his blessing.

I enjoyed it, OP, though some of the voice acting was hit or miss. I did think one of the weakest aspects of the show was the music and sound direction, so it's funny you opened this thread with a picture of the soundtrack.

I believe I did.

Not that guy, but there was no other post in this thread where that reply would make sense, other than the OP.

I was so mad that I got through it so quick and need more in my life

I liked it a lot but I wish they could have used some musical cues from the games, and I wish there was more variety in the monsters that Dracula summoned. In the games the monsters aren't all just the same generic gargoyle demon things. There could have at least been some ghouls.

Other than that, fantastic, loved it.

It's honestly one of the best video game adaptation I've seen in years. Only Wakfu can compare.

Yeah, they really dropped the ball on the OST, which is all the more odd seeing as this is CASTLEVANANIA we're talking about. My only guess is that Konami were cheap cunts that didn't want to license any of their songs. Also I watched it with the French dub and found the voice work to be excellent, can't comment on the English dub.

It's damn good for what it is. I was honestly not expecting to like it, but I was pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to the second season.

>Berserk but with vampires

I don't know who this Warren Ellis guy is save for this cartoon, but he's a real hack if you ask me. And yes, I'm the guy from the other thread on Sup Forums that you made at the same time, OP.

>witch burnings
>during a time period when accusing someone of being a witch was itself illegal in both Catholic and Orthodox realms
explain

>Trevor's speech rousing the town to just straight up skewer some dude

Was my biggest wtf too. Honestly at first I thought the scene was to show how flippant and easily manipulated the townspeople can be, with Trevor looking disturbed by how quick they were to kill at a mere accusation (just as they were going to kill the Speakers some 5 minutes previous.) I know Trevor don't give a shit, and the kabob'ed priest was a shit, but something about it came off hypocritical. Witch hunting for scapegoats idk. When I think about it again though it's probably Trevor's sense of justice being a bit more vengeful but not Dracula tier.

Other than that I enjoyed it a lot and hope s2 is longer.

The pacing felt too slow with the second and third episodes. The season running for just four episodes before a "mid-season finalé" moment did not help. It did not have ANY OF THE FUCKING MUSIC WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK.

On the flip side, it had great writing, good animation, and fine voice acting. Also, Sypha da best.

I look forward to Season Two.

Maybe you should go back there then.

>I was honestly not expecting to like it, but I was pleasantly surprised

This. I went in expecting crap and got a fun two-hour diversion instead.

I thought it mean that the townsfolk are shit and not good or evil just dicks.

Maybe you should stop shilling for cartoons on multiple boards at once expecting people to give you pats on the back, kill yourself.

>why isn't the video game adaptation a historical documentary instead

except warren didn't want to include grant because there weren't pirates around during that period or something

>I was honestly not expecting to like it, but I was pleasantly surprised.
I'd ask if you're me, but this appears to be a common sentiment.

Transylvania is kinda far from the sea. What business does a pirate have in a non-port city?

Ellis confirmed Season 2 is eight episodes.

That sounds like it could have been a fun gag if he had been introduced.
>What the hell is a pirate doing in Transylvania?

>Video games (and cartoons based on video games) aren't like real life
>In a world where Hell and demons are real, factual, tangible things that exist, the anachronistic existence of witch burning rituals triggers you

I think the main reason why Grant wasn't in season 1 was because the season was short as fuck and you have to leave room to introduce SOME new characters to come change the group dynamic at one point in season 2

But Dracula DID do nothing wrong.

>Castlevania
>Not calling it Gaius Baltar - vampire hunter
missed oportunity

His deceased wife would strongly disagree.

A lot of Netflix shows have really bland OSTs, but when it comes to their original animated stuff, Castlevania probably still got the best bet on its music. The shit that plays in Voltron can barely be called a soundtrack.
It's a shame they skimp out on music for several of their shows, since by itself it can really boost an important scene from good to great and somewhat salvage the underwhelming ones.

Everything you just said is 100% the truth.

>I swear it just moved.

Enjoyable
Can't wait for some inside castlevania

I liked it.

hoping its edgy on purpose.
fucking Ellis.

>Beserkucks tying things that have almost nothing in common with Berserk to their mediocre series

We're still missing the four useless comic relief characters and glacial plot development

I hated it so much I wasn't able to watch all of it.

The dialogue between Dracula and his wife was aweful. She dies several seconds later and I can't be bothered to care because she's nobody.

They wasted too much of my life on goat fucking.

The first two or three fight scenes were choppy, and poorly choreographed.

The only thing they could animate with loving care was gore.

Trevor didn't seem to have a consistent character.

He decided to take his anger at his wife's death out on literally all of humanity instead of just the people responsible.

I disagree with most of your opinions, though I do agree the animation was at times choppy.

>Four useless comic relief characters
I'll give you Manifico, so that's one. Isidro and Serpico aren't useless, so who else? Puck has been indispensable so you can't mean him, or Ivalera for that matter. The whole plot hinges on Casca, otherwise Guts would have fought until he killed himself. The magic users are also a necessity. Without Roderick they'd be dead. I guess Azan is just sort of hanging around.

So that's only two, and I feel like that's being mean to Azan.

The glacial plot development really is killing me though. I love the art but I like the story more. And of course I agree Berserk has almost nothing in common with this Castlevania cartoon, but people like to compare Berserk to damn near anything it seems.

Thought it was good. I liked the interpretation of Dracula, and the animation was good.

Only thing that bothered me was the amount of swearing, mostly because it felt needlessly shoved in at times.