ITT: The Forgotten Princess

So...Atlantis was a flop in its time. Which is a shame. But what were they trying to do with it though?

The movie is basically one half of a bookend with Treasure Planet being the other. But in either case, what was going on here? There was a clear objective in either movie but they came out and...nothing. Why was that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D_1yq1xJ3QA.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Last Disney movie I saw in the theaters. Even as a teen, I couldn't believe how much of a Nadia ripoff it was. Such a terrible surprise.

With this movie and TP they wanted to get boys and everyone who was sick of musicals and princesses into watching Disney movies. But they didn't tell anyone that theses would be more action pack so and that hardline Disney fans didn't want a action pack movies.

No one gives a shit about some anime getting ripped off and if they did they would have done something about when Lion King came out

dumb weeb

Does she count?

I liked Atlantis, fuck the haters. I know it's second half could've been better, but I still found it entertaining and nice to look at. People are overly critical of Disney movies sometimes. If it's anything less than perfection, it's "bad". The fact that this sits at 49% on RT, while a movie like Antz has a 96% is insulting.

>Nadia
Now that's a name I haven't hear of in a while, I remember watching a few episodes on a VHS recording. One were they are on a battleship and another were they're dealing with these cult like dudes.

...the FUCK is Nadia?

All I get is some gymnast or something.

Everyone I know enjoyed this movie, heck all the movies from the early 00 I saw in theaters with my family. But like said, it tried to get a new audience but ended up alienating their core audience. Still, that trailer man; youtube.com/watch?v=D_1yq1xJ3QA. This movie (along with video games) really got me into myths and legends.

Nadia and the Secret of Bluewater.

From what I remember; its about some french boy who loves planes and his path crosses with Nadia, a girl with a mysterious pendant and past (she also has a lion cub for a pet), while she's being chased by people who are basically Team Rocket because they want her pendant. Hi-jinks ensue, an orphan girl joins them, the Team Rocket like dudes aren't all bad and a cult is messing with things that shouldn't be messed with.

Nadia was an overrated piece of tripe that even die-hard fans have mixed feelings about due the chunk of episodes that not only derailed the main plot but irreversibly ruined the two main characters.

>chunk of episodes that not only derailed the main plot but irreversibly ruined the two main characters.
Oh user, please explain, you can't leave me hanging like this.

Atlantis was great but so was Antz, you shut up. There are much worse films with good scores you could use to make your point.

Are you being sarcastic or sincere?

Sincere, I love reading about this type of stuff.

watch the show you fucking casual. Honestly fucking kill yourself, asking for this shit on Sup Forums. If you're not interested enough to watch, then don't ask, if you are then watch.

Fuck that, just google it.

this goes without saying, but a mongoloid like that needs sterner talking to.

Okay cool.

Basically towards the midway point of the series, the main characters become separated fro the rest of the cast and wind up on an island, where the plot is more or less grounded to a screeching halt so that the next three or so episodes can focus on a bunch of random comedy shit that adds nothing to the rest of the story. Probably the most notorious of these episodes is when the inventor kid falls off a small cliff and finds an oil deposit and proceeds to build one outrageous machine he after another until he eventually builds a fucking spaceship to fly him and the others off of the island; all of which is rendered pointless when it's revealed that the whole episode was just a dream caused by him being ht in the head.

This chunk of episdoes are kown by most fans of the series as "The Island Arc"

Next comes "The Africa Arc" which comes right afterwards. Not only are these episodes full of racial stereotypes comparable only to 1860's minstrel show, but they more or less ruin the character of Nadia and the relationship she had been developing with the inventor boy when she falls for some tribal boy. She then spends the next couple of episodes fawning over him and proclaiming her love even though they had barely met a day or two prior, completely shits on the inventor boy who goes full on cuck-mode to try and impress her, only to have it all thrown back in his face in the most hurtful ways imaginable.

And just to add insult to injury, with the exception of a few events and character appearances, everything that happened during these episodes is never brought up again and everyone pretty much goes back to how they were as though nothing had happened.

That's all of it in a nutshell. I'm pretty sure if you do a google search for "Nadia" "Island" and "Africa" you'll be able to find a more thorough explanation as to why the fans despise these episodes.

Ah, thanks dude. Wonder if something like this would fly in today's shows?

Shitty filler arcs? Those are still very much a thing.

I meant like a complete tone shift, looked up some more stuff about this, and yeah, people really got heated.

I think someone actually edited the last episodes to include the important plot points and character moments but left out everything else.

>asking for this shit on Sup Forums

You really are new.

Spoonfeeding is common, but never acceptable. Fuck off.

The begining was really good, and so were the characters imo.
Then they actually found Atlantis and I dont think I cared anymore.

It's only a rip-off on a superficial level.

The Blue Water exists in the form of the Heart of Atlantis, sort of.
Milo looks a bit like Jean.
Technology reminiscent of magic.
And so on...

But beyond the looks, it really is its own thing. And considering what a joke Nadia devolves into later on, I prefer Disney's Atlantis immensely.